• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Dockett, Beanie inactive

Posted by Darren Urban on November 14, 2010 – 12:45 pm

Well, this one is a blow: Defensive tackle Darnell Dockett (shoulder) is inactive today, marking the first game Dockett has missed in his career. Dockett has been an ironman since arriving in the league in 2004. He usually does well against the Seahawks too. Not exactly what the Cards were hoping for in such a crucial  game. Dockett had played in 104 consecutive games.

Running back Beanie Wells (knee) is inactive again, no shock considering his lingering swelling problems and his relative lack of practice — in the last two weeks (six practices) he has sat out four and been limited twice. That opens the door for Tim Hightower, who now must be the guy even if he ends up with an early fumble (which cost him a chance to play most the game when the Cards and Seahawks last met). That means a bigger offensive role for LaRod Stephens-Howling — which sounds good, until you realize it probably takes The Hyphen off some special teams work and that does not help.

The rest of the inactive list:

• WR Max Komar
  • QB John Skelton
  • CB A.J. Jefferson
  • S Hamza Abdullah
  • LB Cyril Obiozor
  • C Ben Claxton

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

63 Responses to “Dockett, Beanie inactive”

1. By kauaicardsfan on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

I guess his shoulder injury was worst than we thought? I hope the other D line steps it up!
    GO CARDS!

2. By ross on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Tim-my Tim-my

3. By cards62 on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Cards fans I think this game is a must win for us as we have been up and down the past 3 seasons so we need a positive answer today from our team .

Timmy run hard and hold onto that ball. LSH hope to see you on the field more and I hope Derek Anderson does not get you killed this week.

I think if we open the game positive and get a lead I like our chances today.

I am a beanie backer, but man I am starting to worry about him like I am Doucet.

DD out will be interesting to see how our front seven play. Like most of you I am a huge DD fan and supported the contract extension, but I have been disappointed in DD play this season so will be interesting to see how our line holds up.

Here is to hoping our D and special teams bring their A game today and our offense has a good game. GO Cards we need this one bad!!!

Darren good article on the defense grade. I give them a C- and our offense an incomplete which is why I am not harder on the defense. Too many turnovers and too many times not moving the ball.

4. By Josh C on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Screw it, i’m calling for HEADS!!!!! DAVIS SHOULD BE FIRED AND REPLACED WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON…….. sheesh!

5. By Scott H on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Real friggin’ nice…we get an INT and the return sets us up in decent field position….just so out offense can do a quick three & out to give it right back. Ya know…I swear, is there anyone in the NFL that can go three & out faster than the Cardinals do??? Because if there is, I haven’t seen it.

Ya know what, Josh? I’m with you, dude. This is a disgrace. Bill Davis has been and continues to be a mistake as defensive coordinator. He has failed. Period. The collapse last week was definitely grounds for termination. He keeps his job and comes back with a game like this??? Does this guy have pictures of someone??? And Whiz as offensive coordiantor? THAT IS NOT WORKING, EITHER. As far as I’m concerned, our coaching isn’t even giving this team a chance right now because it is so bad every week. Ya know what? The Cowboys just fired their coach and they look like a different team this week. Bill Davis needs to go because he doesn’t deserve to keep his job AND because thie team needs something to wake them the hell up!

6. By PWalker on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Sorry Darren, the coaching is pathetic. Offensively and Defensively.

7. By Jimmy Walker on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

you know ive tried and tried and tried to keep a positive attitude about this season but i am so over it that its not even funny. this team continues to give the game away every week the playcalling isnt imaginative at all, the whole team is predictable whiz is a moron, fitzgerald continues to drop passes and everyone blames anderson.

8. By Ron on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Don’t you think it is best to try out Skelton, since the season is already dead for the Cards? The offense is dead as you can get it dead with useless QB s.

9. By Scott H on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Last week, we helped the Vikings out of the hole…this week, the Seahawks. Nice to see that we’re so charitable. We’re pretty much the Bob Hope of the NFL these days…can’t wait to see who we help next! The Chiefs! Hey, they’ve lost two in a row, right? Well, tell them not to worry because help is on the way! The Cardinals will visit next week and they, too, can be cured of all that ails them. Well, we can kiss the NFC West goodbye but maybe we’ll win a humanitarian award instead.

Nexy week, I want Bill Davis ampong the ranks of the un-employed. I’d like to see someone else calling the offense but that probably won’t happen. And I’d like to see Skelton at QB. Honestly…do we need to see any more of Anderson this year??? Haven’t we seen enough of his cat at this point??? Let’s stop doing the same damn thing and hoping for different results.

10. By KyCardsfan on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

My sister can tackle better than the cards have been doing today…I’m sure part of it is because the offense isn’t giving them enough time to rest but still, c’mon!!!

11. By Scott H on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Oops…Made a funny typo in that last post!! It should say – Haven’t we seen enough of his ACT at this point??? Sorry.

12. By Dan on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Whisenhunt needs to be fired! This is the worst coached game I’ve ever seen. His days in Arizona should be numbered.

13. By cards62 on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Special teams start us out great and our offense actually does their job and scores a touchdown. Our defense gives it right back so 7 – 7. Our offense moves the ball again but we punt to the 10 we force a Seahawk 3 and out and get the ball on Seattles 33 yard line and go 3 and out. 33 yard line and we get nothing because our QB takes a sack. OUr defense makes any QB look good. Farve last week MVP this week against the Bears nothing and now we make Hasselbeck look like he has found the fountain of youth.
    Sorry guys I was wrong our defense is even worse than I thought and this game has clinched it for me. I agree that we should fire BIll Davis and hire Wade Phillips as DC. Game going into 4th quarter and we are down 23 – 10. With our offense this is a guaranteed loss so now we are 3 – 6 and thinking draft choices. My only good news is I picked up O. Mare to be my kicker in Fantasy Football this week. I can not believe how far we have fallen and I am not talking just wins and losses but how poorly we are playing in 2010. I will keep watching but I do not even see any signs of hope right now for our team. So would one of you kool-aid drinkers please give me something positvie about our team that I can grasp on to and have some hope.

14. By cardsalltheway on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

The season is over b/c the Cards coach jixed it before the regular season even began. Beanie is over, even if/when he comes back it won’t matter. Dockett’s laughing his way to the bank each week or however often players get paid. A.Wilson probably laughs when he goes to the ATM too.

15. By ross on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Ouch…

16. By Scott H on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

On-side kick…REAL FRIGGIN’ GREAT IDEA THAT WAS…yeah, our defense is so good, we can afford to take a chance at giving the other team a short field. Once again, the coaches make just the right call at just the right time! The Seahawks will probably spend all week this week petitioning the league to let them play the Cardinals 4-5 more times this year. And if I were them, I’d do the same! Against anyone else, they’re a disaster. Against the Cardinals? They can’t lose. Then again…neither can anyone else. This team is horrible. Period. Whatever they had during the past two seasons? Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, and Karlos Dansby took it with them. It’s just friggin’ gone.

17. By Bill L on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

PATHETIC!!!! In a pathetic division. Vert Bad in the worst division in football. It is a shame……and these COMPANY announcers say…..Matt just didn’t seem to fit………They do Like Max Hall……..Whiz isn’t going anywhere……..GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Nobody is that BAD without BAD coaching. Until they blow this mess up and salvage what good players they do have the Cards will lose, Lose, LOSE……….PATHETIC……..how about a name change…….. the WHIZ ARIZONA PATHETICS!!!!!!!

18. By Jimmy Walker on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

how many passes has fitz dropped this year

19. By Rob on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Billy Davis need to be let go whats the hold up Darren?

20. By Rodgerscromartie17 on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

You know, I seen this coming all along, I knew this would happen, I knew our season would take this turn. What I dont understand is how the most of you fellow Cards fans didnt, its crazy how blinded people can be because of one Superbowl and another playoff run to fallow it. I think Ken Whiz is a great coach, and he has done a good job in turning things around in Glendale, but what I dont understanhd is why everybody said they believed in him and his decisions he chose to make this off season. It all began when the team decided to let Boldin, Rolle, Dansby, and Lienart go. Thousands of fans said they believed in Whiz and trusted him in the direction he wanted to take this team, I hope you other smart fans saw all this coming, Did everybody really think he would turn Cleavland’s garbage waste into Kurt Warner? It was obvious that the season was doomed once we got rid of the one guy we have been building up to take over for Kurt. They put all that money and all these years to create a Superbowl caliber team and they throw it all away when they have it, they should have kept Q, they should have kept Matt, they should have found a decent QB

21. By TBru on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

sigh

22. By Lone-Eagle on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

WellI spent the entire game writing a blog, only for it to get deleted! I agree with all the blogs before me! This season is getting uuggggggllllyyyy!!! Tme to start playing for next season, because this one is over. I highly doubt we will beat the rams again even at home, and as for the 9ers, I am sure they will find away to beat us also. Season over. What I don’t get is Warnerf gave this team plenty of time to find a QB!! Well I must say Vick is looking pretty good right about now!! Didn’t Warner want to give Vick a shot?? Maybe I misread that! Who knows!! Let’s all enjoy the remaining of the season the best we can!!

23. By MIKEFLORIO on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

LOL Cards fans are quick to turn. All season long I have been a naw sayer. But, all that was done in good fun. Now when the team needs our support the most, you all turn your backs. No I am not buying it, this thing is still wide open. Do we need a QB hells yes. But, whis screwed us this season when he released leinart. He knows it. Faneca, porter, anderson, all regrettable mistakes. OFF and DEF need some overhaul. New coordinators and whis has awful play calling ablilties.

24. By OLD CARDS FAN on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

i hate to say it but the same ol cards a last place team again. first the cards organization don’t know how to be winners even when they went to the sb they look awkward like we dont belong here.they dont go after markee players or coaches when the cards develop players they let them go because they are cheap.coach whiz need to fire off.cord whiz and his buddy def. cord davis like i said before this def. is SOFT and what a display of tackling really need to scrap 3-4defense dont have the lb for it go back to 4-3.the off is near last in ranking in all category the same for the def.keep this up and it going to look like st.louis when the stadium was half empty bach in ther late 70′early 80′s

25. By OLD CARDS FAN on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

I really think the cards are the worst team in the league right now their record tell a lie no other team has lost 4 straight games 2 years remove from the sb lost good players and 1 off. cord and wonder if coach going to say the same thing after this lost because i dont see anything positive after this blowout lost at home and this is why this teams get any respect their look at as losers,doormats etc.im sure cris collingsworth has a big smile on his face reality the season over for me and the same ol cards

26. By TBru on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

It’s Skelton time

27. By Casey on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

When you start another thread to avoid having to answer tough questions, I will cut and paste from this thread.

Question- Is it really fair for anyone to expect any more than what we’re getting from this 3-6 team (could easily be 1-8) given that the organization is spending the 4th least in the league on players this year? Is lack of personnel from lack of spending really the big elephant in the room that no one connected with the Cardinals will admit?

Should we really be surprised given losses of Rolle (who I’m really beginning to think masked Adub’s coverage deficiencies), Boldin (heart and soul of the team), and Dansby (still no replacement for what he brought to this team with any combination of Lenon/Washington)?

To be honest, I’m now even questioning how much we are missing guys like Gandy (so much better than Levi Brown!), Chike Okeafor and Bertrand Berry (no worse than Porter/Haggans).

Question- does this coaching staff/front office really believe that Levi Brown is a legitimate starting Left Tackle in the NFL? Who is being held accountable for drafting Levi Brown over Adrian Peterson? Go back and watch the tape and tell me that drafting Levi Brown #5 overall was one of the worst draft picks this organization has made in at least a decade, if not two decades. At this point, I think Brandon Keith probably does have more upside as a 7th Round Pick.

It’s funny, when I saw Todd McShay’s first mock draft earlier this week and he had the Cardinals picking the Offensive Tackle out of Colorado at #9 overall in the draft, I thought he was crazy. But as I look at things, even though I would go QB there- either Locker/Mallet/Newton (because Luck will be gone), that’s not a bad pick by McShay. This team doesn’t have a single legitimate Offensive Tackle, let alone 2. Are coaches going to make the same mistake with Levi Brown that they did with Leonard Davis in trying to force him to be a Tackle when he is clearly a Guard.

After this season, Faneca won’t be re-signed and Brown should be moved inside to his spot. Cards then need to sign the best free agent Left Tackle money can buy, re-sign Lutui and continue to work with Keith at right Tackle while drafting another in the first 4 Rounds as another option.

Question- I will ask this again- what is Adrian Wilson ever doing in coverage? Damien Anderson just said it again this week on the radio- Adrian Wilson should only be played in the box stopping the run and rushing the QB- if Bill Davis can’t acknowledge this, he needs to be replaced. Stop trying to force Adub to be a safety that he is not! Sit Haggans or sit Porter and move Adub up to OLB permanently.

Question- do you think this defense has improved since Hayes returned? I do not… in fact, this defense looks much older and slower without Darryl Washington on the field. Dansby should have been re-signed and I think we can all see that now. But what’s done is done. Washington is the future and he has the ability to penetrate the line and tackle RBs behind the line of scrimmage. Hayes is definitely lacking a step at his age and he absolutely cannot cover a TE or RB on passing plays. He may make fewer assignment errors, but at this point, so many errors are being made, it doesn’t matter. You may as well put as many play makers on the field as you can.

Question- what does Bryan Robinson bring to this defense? Again, Dan Williams (and perhaps Gabe Watson as backup) is the future. BRob said himself in pre-season- if Dan Williams doesn’t take his spot, something is wrong. Well, is Dan Williams yet another 1st Round bust for this coaching staff (sure looking that way with Levi Brown, Beanie Wells, and heck, even DRC isn’t living up to his 1st Round status this year).

Question- has the coaching staff over estimated the talents of Greg Toler? I would agree with you that he looked good early, but he’s looked awful during this 4-game losing streak. Again, is the trading away of Bryant McFadden one of those small personnel losses that is actually must bigger than any of us know?

Question- why is Tim Hightower credited for his pass blocking? Darren, he is awful, awful. I lost count of how many pass blocking errors he made in this game. He doesn’t deserve the reputation he has somehow gotten from coaches and media. Beanie is certainly no worse.

Question- will this team ever draft or acquire legitimate NFL Tight Ends? Patrick and Spach are awful in pass protection and run blocking. We might be able to live with deficiencies at Tackle if we had TE’s and RB’s who could pass block effectively, but the combined deficiencies of all are making it impossible for any QB not named Kurt Warner to have success in this offense. Outside of maybe a Michael Vick who can make things happen on his own with his feet, I don’t care who you put back there right now, they are doomed for failure with no protection, no pocket whatsoever.

Question- are the Bidwillls also saving money with coaching compensation? In other words, do you think Whiz really isn’t able to hire the Offensive Coordinator or Defensive Coordinator whom he truly covets due to financial consideration? Are we stuck with Billy Davis because the Bidwills won’t pay for a talented DC? Has Whisenhunt concluded that given the budget constraints for hiring a play caller, there is no one better than himself to run that part of the game?

Let’s just call a spade a spade Darren, that’s my only request. If all of this really just comes back to the Bidwills and their spending, let’s stop blaming coaches and players. It is what it is. I mean, Whiz has been asking for an indoor practice facility since he got here and response from the Bidwills has been, “if you want it, pay for it yourself.” Well, Whiz did pay for the weight room himself, but I don’t think the Bidwills pay him enough for him to be able to cover the indoor practice facility as well.

By the way, how many other NFL teams have indoor practice facilities? Seems like quite a few to me just based on how much footage I see on the NFL Network. Heck, how many college programs even have indoor facilities?

Maybe Whiz/Warner were able to overcome the Bidwills’ miserly ways for a couple of years, but it’s clear to me that some things never change and we’re right back where we were pre-2008. The numbers don’t lie Darren- 4th lowest payroll in the NFL. Let’s see how that works out the rest of the way…

28. By Phoenixraven1 on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

It was rough to watch our team just quit…where do we go from here?

29. By AndyStandsUp on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

C’mon Cards!
    You’re making some fans fingers(myself included) tired from hanging on. One last quick dip and you’re sure to toss many overboard.
    Seems the right route would be straight and true without too many sharp changes.
    But something is definitely making the ride go askew and usually it the person in charge of the steering.

30. By Cali Mark on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

That game brought be back to old times at Sun Devil Stadium. This team sucks

31. By Rich on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

was at the game. it was terrible. will be interesting to see how the Cards paid journalists spin some positives and excuses. In a city with real press……whiz and Davis and this defense would be hung out to dry. not here, though. maybe we’ll get another dose of ridiculous max hall spin. by the way, was close to the sidelines….if that kid is 5’9″ I’ll join a monastary. really really poorly coached and played game. really really bad. the defense is horrible. my secretary can tackle better.

32. By Rich on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

one more thing….its starting to look like warner made whiz look like a better coach than he may be. hope that’s not the case.

33. By tRiGiDy22 on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Im ready for someone too get fired!! Asap!

What a joke of a game!! Way to protect the Nest!

Whisenhunt should be Fired just for keeping DA! on the Team!
    what a joke! don’t Neil Lomax live in Suncity??

Lets just play without a QB! cant hurt as much as DA! Starting!

34. By Casey on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

RE: NFC West QBs

Is there any doubt that the Cardinals have the absolute worst QB situation in the NFC West, if not the entire NFL?

Troy Smith is now 2-0 as the starter for the 49ers and went 17 for 28 with 356 yards passing, 1 TD, 0 INT and a passer rating of 116.7.

Against Denver in London, he was 12 of 19 for 196 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, passer rating of 115.2.

We obviously know what Hasselbeck did to the Cards today and Bradford is an absolute stud in STL.

Where do the Cardinals go from here with absolutely the bleakest outlook of any NFC West team?

This team would be lucky to have the chance to sign McNabb- all the updates out of Washington are that they are close to signing him to an extension. Now how does the Cards’ lack of interest in McNabb this past off-season look? This organization has literally put the team in a position where it must nail its 1st Round selection of a QB in the upcoming draft (Luck, Locker, Mallet, Newton).

I honestly don’t think it’s too early to start looking to the draft and the off-season. We are not beyond the midway point of the season and fans are looking for some glimmer of hope for the future (it’s not coming this year).

35. By CaliforniaDon on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Hopefully Whisenhut be fired for being inept as a head coach? Looking back, how could he cut a viable option (Leinart) for the three (3) marginal QB’s he kept on his roster?

36. By tRiGiDy22 on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Lets Draft A.J.Green Cards!!

37. By Lone-Eagle on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Well, after reading “A Tough Homecoming” , All I read are excuses, excuses, excuses!!! Everyone wanting to be politically correct!!! Bottom-line, The Cards SUCKED today, and I am suppossed to pay my hard earned money to buy season tickets, HA HA HA HA HA, thats funny! Oh and by the way, forget playoff talk, let’s start talking about next year, maybe the organization should start looking at Michael Vick who will be a free agent, instead of McNabb, like Warner suggested two years ago. We need a mobile QB!! Not someone who has cement on their feet!! I look forward to hearing from the other fans on this site!!

38. By Frustrated on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Bet it is hard to even want to respond to comments after a game like this one. How do you do it and keep your sanity?

39. By OLD CARDS FAN on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

i grade the def. “I” as incompolete what do you think a-dub.

40. By Big Red on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Just so disappointing and sad, but let’s just hope the season ends quickly. Maybe they can give a present by beating the cowgirls, thats all we can ask for. I’m with you Scott H, please give Skelton a chance what do we have to lose. Still hoping for some good games.

41. By brad oneill on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Good news guys we are officially back to being underdogs.

42. By Big Red on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

No Cardinals deserve to be in the Pro-Bowl, I take that back maybe just the Hyphen.

43. By Casey on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

RE: Untouchables

Are certain players untouchable on this team? I mean, Toler as a mid round pick can get benched, so can Hightower, but what about higher profile draft picks/free agent acquisitions?

Why hasn’t Adub been pulled? What about Levi Brown? Alan Faneca? Gerald Hayes? Paris Lenon? Ben Patrick? Stephen Spach?

All these guys have been burned multiple times the past two weeks. Just seems disingenuous to sit Toler and not sit some of these other guys. Bridges, Hadnot, Ware, Reggie Walker, and Dray all should have been given opportunities to replace underperformers playing ahead of them in this game. Not sure why Toler was the one singled out for all of the problems on defense and on offense in pass protection.

44. By NJAzCardsFan on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

UGLY, PATHETIC, DISGUSTING…..

With Anderson as QB, we are doing nothing more than re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
    The way he throws gives the receivers little chance to run after the catch with the way they have to jump, dive, stretch out to catch his passes.

Once again it was nice to see the defense dress for the game…. they did little else, afterwards.
    Where was the pass rush???
    Where was the pass defense???

I agree with the other posters here… Davis should be canned ASAP.
    It is also time to give Skelton a shot to get a realsitic look at the QB options for 2011.

This almost makes me want to root for the jets- almost… It is the “Buddy Ryan era” nightmare allover again.

45. By dylan h. on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

First off I am a season ticket holder and left town for the weekend. I could not sell them for 70 dollars for them. I had to give them away for free. Next year I am not rebuying. Huge mistakes from Matt to A-dub playing terrible along with D.R. Cromartie. Bill Davis should be fired soon, but I would understand the end of the year and coach needs a new offensive coordinator! I have not talked crap about Whiz’s decisons. He has been a success and deserves respect, but this year warrants critisism. Remember Greenbay, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Sandiego it is time for Bill Davis to go. A-dub gets destroyed in pass protection every time, please Mr. Bidwill you need to upgrade the team or your popularity will drop off, guaranteed.
    Sincerley,

Troubled Cardinals fan 007

46. By Casey on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

RE: 2nd Half Defense

Please don’t try to characterize the Cards’ defense in the 2nd half as being acceptable just because they weren’t giving up TD’s. Clearly, Seattle took its foot off the gas pedal. Carroll/Bates were calling a much more conservative game plan in the 2nd half so as not to make the mistake that would have brought AZ back into the game.

Trying to tell us that the defense improved in the 2nd half is like trying to convince us that the offense came back to life as well when Seattle was clearly playing a form of a prevent dropping its DBs deep so as to eliminate a quick strike deep that would have gotten AZ back in it. Look at game/circumstances before drawing conclusions.

Whiz said it himself- the defense didn’t do much well the entire game, not just the 1st half. Same with the offense.

Fans will support this team as long as we call spades spades and stop trying to sugar coat everything. It just insults fans’ intelligence and indirectly implies that the current state of the team is acceptable and even to be expected. That’s when you start losing fans. As long as expectations and goals remain high, accountability persists and actions are taken to enforce those expectations/accountability, fans will stay with this team and there is no need for you or others to be defensive.

Thanks,
    Casey

47. By TucsonTim on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Accountability… Cards have none. No offensive coordinator in a league where the very best head coaches have OC’s. A defensive coordinator who got fired for being one of the worst has now made us consistently one of the worst defenses. Ownership that didn’t want to pay for the likes of Pace, Boldin, Rolle, Dansby, McNabb…

Does anyone think that cutting Leinart and keeping Brown was genius? How did Seattle protect Hasselbeck with the makeshift line they threw together? Any pro-bowlers or first round picks in that Seattle line today?

When we got clocked by Atlanta and San Diego at least you could say they were good teams. This was worse than bad against a very bad football team. It was the players quitting and sending a message. Tired of being confused on defense. Tired of stupid play calling. Tired of making plays only to have them ruined by terrible offensive play calling.

Did I actually see a ball go through Fitz’s hands and hit him in the face in the end zone??? Did I see Breaston drop a 3rd down pass for a first down. These are the signs of a team that has given up. If I can’t have an explanation can I at least have refund for my season tickets?

48. By Dan on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

@cardsalltheway..what are you talking about. You are wasting space with your nonsense. First off the season was over when the cards released Lienhart and brought in DA. The cards have always had a very weak defense but play with heart. Sometimes heart is not enough. The cards should be looking at the draft because it looks like they will have the first pick.

49. By SeeingRed on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

At the point now where I couldn’t care less what the players, coaches etc have to say because come game day-none of it matters. Sick of hearing about soul searching, progress, fixing things, playing better….they look soft and lost-period. Oh, and AW was right on his grade of the defense.

How is it possible that teams have SO MANY career performances against the Cards?? truly amazing how average players look good, good players look like perennial pro bowlers, really good players all look Hall of Fame worthy….all when they play AZ.

When was the last time we could say the Cards picked on this player or that player…or a Cards player went off and had a career day??

All the talent at receiver and we cant find ONE guy to get it to in a four or five-wide set? yet other teams can put no-names out and get them the ball at will??? Something is VERY wrong with this team.

I am very angry yet still feel for the young guys like Toler. He’s had good games but just has hit a rough patch-he’s capable of being better than he is playing at the moment. The older vets on the other hand…

50. By TucsonTim on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Lots of empty seats for this “sell out”. Times they are a changin. Bidwills have made stupid money on the worst of the worst for decades…why did we think it was going to change?

Please god, let the players be strong and demand a CBA that will strip franchises away from the likes of the Bidwills and give teams to owners who actually care about the product they put on the field.

51. By RED BIRD 66 on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Well the seasons over. Time to see what Skelton can bring as Anderson or that BK small hands guy-I think his name is Max does not have it. I blame this season on the coaching staff. Fire Davis and bring in a real DC. Hire a OC or demote Whiz and get a real head coach. And please suggest that A-burn, I mean A-dub immediately retire. Starting to believe that maybe Whiz did get lucky and took Greens players to the show. Ever since then its been a downhill ride. Keep losing so we can draft Luck. Back to the bungling Cards. Pathetic

52. By TucsonTim on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

BTW just to say I told you so, when do you want to fire Davis, now after 4 straight losses, or do you wait for 5….6…7…when?

53. By TucsonTim on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

DRE -

Still think the defense gets a C? 38 points at home aginst one of the worst teams in the NFL.

54. By TucsonTim on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Darren -

During the game I watched Hendrson trying to talk to 24, 25, 28 and 29. DRC actually got up walked south a few yards and sat on the bench with his back to Henderson. Anything to make of that body language???

55. By TucsonTim on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Breaston as a kick returner. Are you kidding me. If this guy fielded the ball 9.99 yards deep in the end zone he would run it out. He’s a play making freak on offense, why would he be any different. He’s used to people being in his face. 20 yards of separation, bring it on. LOL thank god he didn’t get hurt. Sorry about 31, he probably was way out of position thinking any sane returner would take a knee, whooooops

So, everyone who has asked about the hyphen fielding punts, can you now see there is actually a difference, and please shut up

56. By Lolne-Eagle on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

Well Darren,
    I posted two comments on your site and after I subit comment it said awaiting consideration or something of that nature. I look back 2 hours later and they are completely deleted, so I guess you could care less of my opinion as a fan!! So be it, have a nice day!!

57. By Casey on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

RE: Kent’s Assessment of the Game

Sorry Darren,

You have your style and Kent has his. But it’s too obvious to me who is working for the team and who is working for the local paper. I know you have a job to do, but I just think that if the objective is to keep fans interested and attending games and supporting the product, there needs to be a more acute analysis of this team’s issues. As Kent does, I would appreciate it if you called out specific players (and in doing so, holding them accountable) and ask Coach Whiz questions about specific players, specific plays, and specific coaches. Otherwise, how do we as fans know that the organization sees the same problems that we see? How do we know that these problems are being taken seriously? How do we know what the organization’s expectations are for this team? How do we know the organization is committed to improving the product if they can’t even honestly assess the quality of the product?

Whiz basically challenges anyone to question this team’s effort; at least Kent is honest and intelligent enough to do so in his blog. Just because it comes from Whiz’s mouth, it doesn’t mean it’s correct. Just because Whiz touches it, it doesn’t mean it’s gold.

“After the game, coach Ken Whisenhunt was asked several times about his team’s efforts. In every instance, he blamed execution, not effort. I think most people who watched the game would beg to differ.”

58. By TucsonTim on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

To quote Dandy Don, “Turn out the lights, the party’s over”

59. By ben on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

hey darren you think now that the qb position has been such an inconsistent position, that Whiz will give skelton some game action to see what he looks like in game action

60. By Alfred Hita on Nov 14, 2010 | Reply

One word…….sickening!

61. By Brad Howenstein on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

We called him Beanie Baby in Ohio. He refuses to play with even a hangnail. Hard to win with two 3rd string quarterbacks. Bidwell open your purse and get us a quarterback. Evidence that Warner should be in the Hall of Fame– took two chronically pathetic teams, Rams and Cards, and put them in the Superbowl, both resumed being pathetic immediately after he left. I would love to have the IQ test scores of Cardinals players. They routinely do stupid things every game that hurt their chances. I bet half would be riding the short bus. Despite having one of the easiet schedules in the league, they’ve quit already. Can’t be the Cadiac Cardinals if you have no heart.

62. By NJAZCardsFan on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

To quote Dandy Don, “Turn out the lights, the party’s over”

or

“Stick a fork in them, caus’ they are done…..”

63. By cardfan643 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

looks like beanie wells has turned into shawn merriaman