A-Dub at his most blunt

Posted by Darren Urban on November 15, 2010 – 3:06 pm

Some afternoon tidbits on The Day After:

– Adrian Wilson passed on talking to the media after the game, so he did so today. Today’s topic, among other things? His play. So, Adrian, how would you assess how you’ve played this season? “Like s***.”

“I have to make those plays whenever they come my way,” he said. “That is always what I would say I’d do and for whatever reason it’s not happening this year … Yet.”

Later, Wilson seemed to clarify his original assessment (or contradict it, I suppose). “It’s not that I’m not playing well, it’s that I’m not making the plays I’ve normally been making,” Wilson said. “You can’t get frustrated going to work Wednesday through Saturday. You have to believe in your work and I do believe in that.”

– Safety Kerry Rhodes was asked to break down the play where he, Wilson and linebacker Paris Lenon were back on Seahawks receiver Deon Butler, only to have Butler not only catch it but dodge all three defenders to complete the 63-yard touchdown. “The play to Butler? I’m not going to put anyone out there. It was a good play by them. He made the catch, make some people miss and they made a big play.”

– As everyone has heard by now, the Redskins and quarterback Donovan McNabb have agreed to a five-year extension with $40 million in guarantees (Which, by the way, WOW). Anyway, that means McNabb isn’t going to be a free agent, he doesn’t have a chance to come to Arizona (not that it was any guarantee anyway, even that the Cards would be interested) and so this blog is now a McNabb-free zone. Unless the Cards and Redskins meet. UPDATE: Yes, I know there is now more info about McNabb. I actually tweeted it first thing Tuesday morning. I’ll have a blog on it later.

– This probably could be stepping into something dangerous, but I will do a live chat tomorrow at 1 p.m. Arizona time (3 p.m. EST). So if you have questions, bring ‘em on (and here is the link).

Tags: , , , ,

93 Responses to “A-Dub at his most blunt”

1. By Danny on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

We all know the Cards are better than how they’ve been playing. A Dub hasn’t done too bad in my opinion, but yeah he has missed some plays. Fitz has been off as well though, so I think it’s just the team being in a funk.

2. By Phoenixraven1 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

The FA QB market is very lean, we could be in a very bad spot…

3. By Bryan on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Why don’t we just move him to LB?He cant cover ANY ONE in the secondary.

4. By Nick Pepe on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Like I said before, it could be worse we could b the 49ers…..oh wait a minute. It is so frustrating. We need more consistency from the QB. Period. Without that there is little hope. I don’t think Anderson is going to cut it. A play in the first, 3rd and something, in FG range. He rolls right no one open. He had enough time to make a grilled cheese sandwich and still safely throw the ball away. He takes a sack. That set the tone for the day. You can not take a sack there. I was surprised the defense played the way they did. Maybe the fact that they have been on the field so much this year finally caught up to them.
    Not jumping ship, giving up hope, or throwing in the towel. However, I am banging my head against the wall a few times.
    Ugh,
    Nick Pepe
    Lifetime Member

5. By ross on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I think its clear that you are one of the best in the business my friend.

6. By Ben on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Can you ask the person that writes the poll question for the front page to add something?

Here is the question:

Where do the Cardinals need to improve the most over the final 7 games of the season?

They need one of the answers to be “Coaching”

I guarantee it gets more than 80% of the vote.

7. By Jesse Robles on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Seattle nearly had the ball for a whole Quarter longer then the Cardinals. All these 3 and outs by the Cardinals Offense doesn’t give our Defense any rest when they are out there all game. Why not continue to go no huddle hurry op Offense if that is all Derrick Anderson can do?? Work with what you got, not try to make him to do something he cannot do.

8. By Help on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

BILL DAVIS NEEDS TO GO!!! LIKE NOW!! AND HIRE A OC WHILE YOUR AT IT!!

9. By Jesse Robles on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Mike Williams did it to everyone, and would probably make DRC look even more LAZY then he already is, and ADUB less of any threat in passing game. To pull Toler is stupid and disrespectful, at least he can tackle and doesn’t take plays off.

10. By John Manning on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Well unfortunately we see live and on video over and over again about that play where Deon Butler scored. Sorry Lenon or no other LB is going to cover their speed guy.Then both safeties were out of position when he caught and sorry to say, but Rhodes ole” attempt near the sideline allowed him to score. Lenon who made pursuit was blocked at the 5.
    So let’s start by being honest,which all of us have to do on our jobs.

11. By Lone-Eagle on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

My apologies!! My computer glitched so it appeared that my blogs had been deleted. I later found them that evening, including the nasty one I sent you! Once again my apologies!! Second of all, now that McNabb is officially out of the conversation, I think Vick is looking quite tantalizing for next year and I really believe that if a new C.B.A. can be reached, the Bidwells need to open their pocketbooks and get Vick here! I believe he is exactly what the Cards need! I could be wrong, but I do know Warner saw something in him, as well as did the Eagles, and it only cost them 7 million!!

12. By Paul on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Darren, what’s Tony Romos contract status? Just kidding :-)

13. By LadyCard04 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

How is LSH? What did the doctors find out? IMHO, he is our MVP for this year and seems to be the only one consistenly doing an outstanding job. We will be in world of hurt if he is out for any amount of time.

Thanks Darren.

14. By Phoenixraven1 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Noticed the radio has hardly been talking Cards today…not a lot to say or sure! Darren thx for the great work though…

15. By Darren Urban on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

LadyCard —

RE: Hyphen

We probably won’t have an update until Wednesday after practice.

16. By Pat on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I’ve been a Cards fan for a long, long time. Yesterday was the first time in 20 years that I actually stopped watching the game after the 3rd quarter. Went out to go get a pizza instead. If we were a bad team, I could handle it. But the fact that there is so much talent (especially defensively) that has been flat-lining all year. Without Paris and Dockett we would give up 50 pts. a game. They appear to be the only two making plays. Watching Wilson and Hayes in coverage makes my skin crawl. Is Joey Porter even still alive? Calais Campbell? Bah, so frustrating.

I just think back to the 2nd round of the ’07 (?) draft when I was screaming at the t.v. for us to select Paul Posluzny, knowing that we would need a stout inside linebacker down the road. Nope, we settled for current back-up DT Alan Branch instead. I really hope we aren’t reverting back to the good ol’ days of sub-.500 football…

17. By dan on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Cardinals brass should have waited to see how good Coach Whiz was before they paid him all that money. Looks like Whiz had been riding on Warner’s coat tails. Whiz missed the boat on this and should have given Leinart a chance, he’s a lot better than the 2 stiffs we have now.

18. By Eric on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

You better put the knee-high boots tomorrow for the chat. It’s gonna get high and thick. I feel sorry for you.

19. By James on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Is Whiz taking a look at the fact that Ben Patrick gets beat on pass protection AT LEAST 50% of the time? I’d love to see the number of sacks/fumbles by a qb there have been with Patrick in vs Spach in. Patrick just doesn’t impress me. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

20. By georgiebird on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I have read all the comments- looks like Dan is the only one that has a clue.

21. By Tom-AZ on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Any word from Coach on DRC’s quote “”I told him straight up, ‘Man, you know what? We got to play how we played to get us here. I know this is a technique game, but there are certain things that we have that other corners can’t possess, and you got to use them and play them to your ability. Playing their game is killing us. We got to play our game.”

It seems like DRC really would rather play his interception, batted ball game of 2009 rather than cover corner game of 2010.

22. By Scott H on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

At the very least, I give credit to Wilson for being honest and blunt. What else can anyone say if they ARE being honest??? This defense is consistently out of position, they consistently can’t tackle, and ball carriers on the other teams always seem to get the ball in space. It leads me to wonder – WHERE THE HELL ARE OUR PLAYERS??? Are we sure there are 11 of them on the field??? Because it sure doesn’t seem like it. That comes from poor coaching and lousy preparation. And Bill Davis has failed. He needs to go. Hate to say it but the Cardinals organization needs to learn a lesson from Jerry Jones in Dallas. Jones publicly stated a few weeks ago that there would be no in-season coaching changes. But when it became REAL clear just how bad things were and that they weren’t going to get better without changes being made, he did what he neede to do. Someone needed to go for the change to become possible. The result? The Cowboys go into the Giants home stadium and turn out the lights ( literally! ) on the best team in the NFC right now. Sorry, but someone’s gotta go right now for the Cardinals. And it should be Davis.

23. By Kevin on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I keep hearing how there is “so much talent” on the Cards, esp. defensively, and yet this is the team that gave up 90 points in two playoff games, and then lost Dansby & Rolle. Sure they picked up some guys, but is there any reason to think they’d even be as good as last year, much less better? And of course as pointed out, you’re going to give up more points when your offense isn’t very good, because a good offense can (a) sustain drives, giving you not only some rest, but also fewer overall possessions that you have to defend, and (b) give you a decent lead in some games, forcing the other team out of their game plan which can make it easier to defend. It stands to reason that this offense was going to not be as good w/o Warner, which naturally leads to your defense giving up more points.

I’m not really sure what people expected. Even in the glory Warner years, we were 9-7 in the SB year and 10-6 last year. I see some fans on this blog post that this team should win 11 games and I wonder if they are just blindly optimistic, or stupid. The Vegas over/under was 7 1/2, factoring in the favorable schedule and everything else. (I know this as I took the over — but I was hoping for 8 wins, not 11, and knew it was an iffy proposition. Where the Cards are right now is disappointing, but it doesn’t really surprise me.) Don’t get me wrong — I’m a fan, I believe in Whisenhunt, etc., but I just don’t see how some fans didn’t expect a dropoff based on losing a HOF QB and several other Pro Bowlers.

I think they’re still capable of winning 5 more games but I’m not putting any (more) money on it. Next week scares me considering Cassel just put up nearly 500 yards vs. Denver (although they were forced to throw almost the whole game due to their deficit).

24. By James on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Darren

Im serious i know the whole loss wasnt andersons fault but warner would have one that game in the clutch we had it for the taking now not only are we in a hole but KC cheifs could make it a grave (if seattle didnt already) so when do we Skelton some experience?

25. By Kevin on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Jesse Robles —

Almost all QB’s look better in the hurry-up offense. That’s because the defense is typically way ahead and obviously holding back some in order to prevent a big play. I don’t think DA is a guy that you want to go hurry-up all the time with. (Not to mention that you yourself are concerned about not giving the defense time to rest… if the Cards go 3-and-out in hurry-up mode, that’s even less time to rest than a regular 3-and-out, which we have plenty of already.)

One thing I found inexcusable yesterday was two delay of game penalties, setting us back 5 extra yards at critical times. Pay attention to the play clock, Derek. And running out of bounds for a big loss when we were in field goal range and literally all you have to do is throw the ball forward out of bounds was pretty dumb too. Getting sacked in the pocket is one thing, but once you’re out of the pocket and can safely throw it out w/o a grounding penalty, to not do that and instead lose 10 yards is a joke.

26. By jocards on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I dispute the notion that we all know the Cardinals are better than they’ve been playing, I don’t know that at all. In fact it isn’t very difficult for me to imagine they could be 0-9 the way they’ve played. They have not clearly been the better team on the field in any given week this season. I can’t say that they’ve clearly out played their opponent yet this year. Sad but true in my estimation.

27. By Blair on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Hey darren, i think you might have jynxed yourself this offseason when you talked about how you felt bad for the writer or the rams. Looks like the rams have a lot more to talk about now. Pretty gross.

28. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Well, at least yesterday’s loss got us one step closer to a top-five pick in next year’s draft and maybee a marquee QB (or CB, LB, OT, OG, RB, etc.,).

Seriously though, Hall and Skelton deserve a chance, although I don’t know how well this team is going to respond to another season of steep QB learning curves or QB makeover. If the Cards want McNabb, now they are going to have to give up some draft picks, which may be exactly why the Redskins signed him – to recoup something from an investment gone bad (they gave up a second and a third or fourth for McNabb. Hard to understand how the Shanahans had such a quick change of heart about McNabb. Anyway, that’s the last from me on #5. Now how about Brett Favre, he going to be a free-agent next year. :P

29. By TBru on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

regarding McNabb

Can we move on now, thanks

30. By joe on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Wow can these candy cards get any worse? Whats worse then a grade of F? cuz thats what the cards get for Sundays EFFORT and HEART. I litterally watched the Cards give up and quit that game on numerouse plays.
    Atleast the cards can be proud at how good the team has “Practiced” this year….

31. By Doc on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Not saying Lenon is the best backer in the league but he is by far playing the best of any LB wearing a red bird on his helment right now. Hands down. Leads the team in tackles and is playing hurt. He makes mistakes like all but overall he is as solid as you will get. Again, very porous secondary needs to be shored.

32. By Lone-Eagle on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Hey everybody,

Can everybody say Mike Vick, we could do alot worse! He looks better than at any time with the Falcons!! Prison apparently did him some good!!

33. By Steve in NC on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

@ Nick Pepe,
    If I am correct about the play you are referring to, DA was flushed out of the pocket and had only one direction to go and that was to his right, all of his receivers went left and none of them came back to help. Had DA thrown the ball away as you suggested, he would have been flagged for intentional grounding because there were no receivers in the area.

34. By Getthefork on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

It all comes down to Whiz. He has failed this team and the state. Bill Davis? A complete waste as coach. No quarterback to start the season? What are you thinking? Does Whiz think he can coach his way past that? He thought his coaching not Warner’s play led them to victory in the last two years. Sorry, obviously it wasn’t. Time to make changes.

35. By Thinker I think on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Hmmm Let me seeWe need a Better QB.. Could we score Matt Hasselbeck, He’s mad cause they brought in Whitehurst. He in last year of his contract? Just thinking, I know dreaming free.

36. By cardsfan28 on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Darren, I don’t know if your watching MNF tonight but Vick looks superhuman. I keep hearing all these fans saying to sign McNabb or Vick, (McNabb is out of the question now) but do you see Vick even being dispensible for them with the way he has played this season? Wouldn’t that be like us trading Warner when we had him?

37. By DEM GONE GENTLEMAN on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

I guess a cardinal in the hand ain’t worth two in the bush!

38. By brad oneill on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

why get a great player like michael vick with character issues when we can get jamarcus russel for a lot cheaper.

its funny that the twitter was talking about jeff blake today because i was wondering if we brought in someone like vick if that is the result we would get.

39. By Casey on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

RE: Questions

I have a few questions for you (if you aren’t ready to answer now, will you please come to the live chat tomorrow with some feedback?):

1. What is this organization’s long-term plan at QB? Is a viable QB on the roster now? Will QB be addressed early (i.e., first round- Luck/Locker/Mallet/Newton) in the draft? Does the organization prefer a free agent signing vs. drafting a rookie?

2. Why does Whiz come across as arrogant/stubborn/myopic/cocky to most fans on this board? Yes, I’m asking for your opinion, which can be very subjective.

3. Do you think Whiz is concerned with his public persona? Does he really care what fans think of him? If so, do you think he’s making enough of an attempt to be humble, gracious, honest, forthright, frank, forthcoming, and thorough in his answers to media questions in various pressers? Would he ever take questions directly from fans?

4. Do you think Adrian Wilson has adequate pass coverage skills for an NFL strong safety?

5. Do you believe the 3-6 record with the easiest schedule in the NFL (based on last year’s cumulative winning percentage of opponents) is reflective of the talent on this team? If not, and if you thought the Cards would have more wins at this point, what do you attribute the under performance to? Coaching? Effort? Bad Luck? Injuries?

6. Do you agree with Bryan Robinson’s assessment that the Cards simply aren’t as talented as they all think they are? Can and should this statement also be applied to the coaching staff?

7. Do you think that Whiz won in 2008 and 2009 primarily with Denny Green’s players or with players he was responsible for bringing in?

8. Please evaluate the following 1st/2nd Round draft picks on Whiz’s watch:
    2007: Levi Brown/Alan Branch
    2008: Dominique Rodgers Cromartie/Calais Campbell
    2009: Beanie Wells/Cody Brown
    2010: Dan Williams/Darryl Washington

Are these key pieces/contributors to the teams that won in 2008 and 2009? Or would you say that guys like Warner, Dockett, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Dansby, Rolle, Lutui, Smith, Hayes, etc- all brought in/primarily drafted by Denny- were the key pieces of the winning teams in 2008 and 2009?

9. Do you think the Cardinals’ defense has improved under Billy Davis in 2009 and 2010 from 2007 and 2008?

10. Was it realistic for any of us to expect this team to build on progress the last 3 seasons (8 wins in ’07/9 wins in ’08/10 wins in ’09) with a payroll that decreased some $30 Million from 2009 to 2010 and ranks the 4th lowest in the NFL this year?

11. Given the primarily publicly funded new stadium (and its various revenue streams) and a sellout streak of 49 games, is it unrealistic for fans (and season ticket holders) to expect this organization to spend minimally around the median/average spent on player personnel and coaching personnel by the other 31 other NFL teams?

12. Did the Cardinals have interest in Donovan McNabb this past offseason? If not, why? If it has to do with talent/production, is Whiz a smarter/better evaluator of talent that Mike Shanahan?

13. Have the Cardinals at any point had interest in Michael Vick? If not, why? If due to talent, is coach Whiz a smarter/better evaluator of talent than Andy Reid? How would you assess Michael Vick’s performance this season after you emphatically stated to fans on this board during the off-season that “the Cardinals aren’t bringing in Michael Vick?”

14. How long did the organization expect Kurt Warner to play for? If not beyond the length of his contract through 2010, when exactly was the organization planning to address his replacement? Were Charlie Whitehurst/Derek Anderson part of the plan all along? If not, why did the Cardinals wait until the 5th Round of this year’s draft to address the position, and draft a “project” at that? If Leinart was thought to be Warner’s replacement, why was he not given adequate reps in the pre-season and then cut before the season started? If Leinart wasn’t the replacement, please go back to the start of this question.

15. Do you think Levi Brown is a legitimate starting LT in the NFL?

16. Is the organization planning to seek public funding for an indoor practice facility/bubble if Whiz isn’t able to finance it himself like he did the weight room upgrades?

17. Does the organization’s 2011 off-season free agent strategy focus on signing/trading for as many current/former Cleveland Browns as possible? If so, let’s try to focus on acquiring Joe Thomas, Payton Hills, and Colt McCoy.

18. Would the organization prefer that UOP be sold out every week with 50% of the fans booing the team when they don’t perform and 50% sitting on their hands regardless of under performance, or would they prefer the stadium be half full like Sun Devil Stadium Stadium was with 100% of the fans sitting on their hands (I was one of them) through 4-12 seasons.

19. Do you think Whiz and the organization incorrectly attributed most of the success in 2008 and 2009 to Whiz himself and not enough to Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, and Karlos Dansby? Do you think Whiz can build/manage a winning team without a hall of fame quarterback and on the field leaders like Anquan Boldin and Karlos Dansby?

20. Did the organization err in extending Whiz’s contract before they were able to evaluate him without a Hall of Fame QB in Kurt Warner (HOF QBs don’t grow on trees) and without a core group of talent built and developed by Denny Green and his staff, including Clancy Pendergast?

21. Whiz appears to have developed a credibility problem with fans and the media given his handling of the QB situation and unwillingness to change his canned responses (and actions) to losses week after week. Do you get the sense that he has also developed a credibility problem with the team in the locker room?

22. How would you evaluate Whiz’s decision to give the players multiple days off during the bye week after the New Orleans win to get the Cards to 3-2 despite the fact that nearly every statistical ranking showed that Cardinals were playing much worse than a 3-2 record would indicate? We all know that the team has lost 4 in a row following the bye and Whiz has an abysmal record in games following the bye. Many of us on this board protested his decision, pointing out the need to get every rep possible in order to improve, and also to establish the correct mind set/expectations with these players. Yet Whiz stated that he felt it was the “right decision given the state of the team” at the time; well, we all see how that’s worked out…

23. Since the bye, have the Cardinals practiced in full pads like the Cowboys did last week for the first time since training camp?

24. If in-season coaching changes rarely have an impact like you’ve stated over and over, how do you explain the resurgent 49ers (since firing the OC) and Dallas’ thrashing in New York of a Giants team most thought was the best in the NFC going into last weekend?

25. Has Whiz ever stopped to think that maybe the “way he does things” and “what he believes to be the proper way” and “what we’ve done in the past” may not always be right? Do you think he’s ever acknowledged a mistake that he’s made in life? How about in coaching? Has he ever admitted he was wrong? Has he ever looked for BETTER ways of doing things? Has he ever thought that maybe, just maybe, “the way he’s always done it” isn’t the best way, that there be a better way, and that he may need to adapt and change on a daily basis to keep up with a world that changes every day? Does Whiz consider himself to be the best coach in the NFL? Why does he think the Steelers passed on him and hand picked Mike Tomlin instead? Does he believe that he speaks gospel, the he always knows best, that he is beyond reproach, that his sh_t doesn’t smell, that everything he touches is gold? Can he admit errors/mistakes/areas that he needs to improve on?

26. Does Whiz have a problem coaching young, talented, confident QBs like Ben Rothlisberger and Matt Leinart? I think we all know that those 3 wouldn’t exactly be eager to get together for beers or coffee. Does Whiz have a fundamental problem with highly, highly successful young athletes who are paid millions as 22-year olds coming out of college because he had to take a different, much more “difficult” path? Does he need to seek help for that fundamental character flaw or will he continue to alienate such players? If so, my earlier question about this year’s draft and Luck/Locker/Mallet/Newton is moot because Whiz obviously wouldn’t be able to work successfully with any one of them.

That’s all for now Darren. Like I said before, you may not have all the answers, but if not, perhaps this is a chance for you to head upstairs and find those answers. These are questions fans and season ticket holders have Darren. We would love your insights.

40. By LUKE on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

kEVIN KOLB MIGHT WORK…………

41. By Gary on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Oh sh*t, we have to host a Monday Night game!!! God help us! Now the whole world will see how terrible this team is. I will be scared to watch this game against San Fran. With Troy Smith having success, if he continues that success for the remainder of the season, we may be lucky to hit 5-11 this season. On the positive side, at least we’ll be picking higher than 10th overall in the draft – more like 4th, 5th, or 6th. Maybe this sorry organization can actually get a quality QB in the draft – especially when they had an opportunity to get Michael Vick in the off-season. Oh, wait, that’s right, we had to get Derek Anderson – who hasn’t done anything his entire career!!! Damn this organization!!!!!!!

42. By Big Red on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Hey Paul don’t be joking about stupid things like that (tony Romo). Might as well stay with are two rookie QB’s. Romo plays like a veteran rookie dumb.

43. By AndyStandsUp on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Wilson has been in the league for 10 seasons; how come NOW he’s being exploited in coverage? Is it a receeding career or misplacement in a system?
    Rhodes WAS the reason for the Butler score;throwing someone else under the bus accomplishes nothing.

Anyone else want McNabb now?

44. By steve on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

WITH THE 9th PICK IN THE 2011 NFL DRAFT…………………..THE ARIZONA CARDINALS SELECT………………….QUARTERBACK RYAN MALLET UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS

45. By MIKEFLORIO on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

LOL WERE BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTA LOVE IT. WORE a jersey today some gas clerk said those cardinals suck !!!!!! LOL It was the best feeling in the world. We are Back baby!!!!! Now all the bandwagoners can go hide thier jersey and go back to routing for the EAGLES !!!!! YEAH GO VICK get on the VICK and REID Bandwagon

46. By Darren Urban on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

James —

RE: Patrick

I could see the Cards addressing tight end this offseason.

47. By KG on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Safe to say Vick’s off the list of QB’s this offseason. No way ownership will take on that type of contract, not with Fitz needing his as well (probably no way anyway).

48. By Darren Urban on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Cardsfan28 —

RE: Vick

I didn’t think the Eagles would let him go and that was before tonight’s performance.

49. By Darren Urban on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Casey —

RE: Questions

I appreciate all the thought, but I’m not attacking that much stuff. Shoot me one or two at a time.

50. By Cali Mark on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

To Cardinals Managment: Can the Cards Please sign a decent QB after the season, hopfully Kevin Kolb since Mcnabb is not going anywhere except the bank. I really dont think Fitz is gonna sign an extension if the Cards dont get a decent QB. Please

51. By AndyStandsUp on Nov 15, 2010 | Reply

Casey,
    Not a mouthpiece for Darren or the Cards, but I think you’re barking up the wrong tree. If you have this much difficulty grasping that this is a game,invested or not, then maybe you need to see a psychologist or call the team facilities. I understand the frustation, but Urban is a team employee. He’s going to more on the lenient side of discussing private matters than the local beat reporter.
    I like having an atagonistic view of things, especially well written, keeping things balanced; but you, IMO go overboard on this site’s expectations.
    That being said, it’s your right to be heard, especially if you’re a STH, but keep the forum perspective; you may not get the answers you want.

52. By george on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

hellooooooooooooooooooooooo 1 word for you trade for vick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 give up 3 # ones an ink him to a 7 year 100 mill contract with 60 mill up front ! then well be back on track

53. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

McNabb might be off the table, but Vick is a free agent in 2011. ;) You’re going to get a lot more mail about Vick than McNabb if Vick keeps up his play (highest rated passer in the NFL and hasn’t thrown an interception since joining the Eagles last year). I’m glad I don’t have to manage the blog this week!

Todd

54. By GB Cards Fan on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Why does it seem like the defense is never ready they are always looking around lost.

55. By Colton on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Do you think the cardinals will try to get trent edwards?

56. By Kevin on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Steve —

You are incorrect about grounding. The key is, as you say, Anderson was out of the pocket. From the NFL rulebook:

Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).

This is why QB’s out of the pocket routinely sail balls 15 yards out of bounds without getting called for grounding. Literally all DA had to do was chuck the ball out of bounds and make sure it went forward enough to land past the line of scrimmage. It could land ANYWHERE, including 10 yards out of bounds. Even DA can hit a target that big.

57. By Darren Urban on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Ottis —

RE: Vick

I will be stunned if the Eagles don’t extend/franchise Vick.

58. By Mike on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

It looks the initial reports of $40MM guaranteed to McNabb were not accurate and he’s only guaranteed $3.75MM. Based on that new information, how likely are the Redskins to keep McNabb beyond this season?

Mike

59. By Darren Urban on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Mike —

RE: McNabb

Don’t know if it is any less likely. But if they don’t want him, it makes it a hell of a lot easier to dump him.

60. By Kevin on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Andy —

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Casey, honestly, get a grip. Asking if Levi Brown is a legit starting LT is perhaps a legitimate question (though one that I wouldn’t be surprised if Darren dodged, being an employee of the team). Asking loaded questions like whether Whiz has ever admitted he was wrong, or whether he has a problem with coaching millionaires out of college because he had to take a different path, is ridiculous. Darren’s only choices are to ignore you (which he should do) or simply politely respond, no, I don’t think Whiz has a problem with coaching today’s athletes. If you’re looking on this blog for an admission of fault by Darren, vicariously on behalf of Whiz or Graves or whomever, for the ills of the season, you aren’t going to get it, so why keep harping for it? It’s like asking the CEO of General Motors to say, yeah, I suck at being CEO, they should have fired me years ago. Do you think that’s going to happen?

I’ll take a stab at answering one of your questions, though, re: in-season firings. They almost always LOOK like they work, because of a basic statistical concept called regression to the mean. Everyone knows the Cowboys aren’t THAT bad (many had them as the NFC Super Bowl representative), so it stands to reason that when the coach gets fired at 1-7, they will end up doing better for the new coach. Sure, I was surprised they thrashed the Giants, but it’s the NFL, home of “Any Given Sunday.” We’ve also seen Cleveland thrash the Patriots and Saints, and other surprises. Is it possible that some Cowboys responded in some way to the fact that there was a new coach? Perhaps that has something to do with it (although Phillips was already known for being a player’s coach). But it’s also possible that they simply put it together for once. It certainly is NOT plausible that Jason Garrett made so many adjustments and changes in 6 days that the Cowboys went from atrocious to being one of the best teams in football (which, if you looked at that one game in isolation, you might say they are, having beaten the team many were calling the best in the NFC). You just can’t take that much away from one game. They were never that bad to begin with, and they’re not as good as they looked on Sunday. I don’t think Denver is better than KC either.

61. By Gary on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

I was screaming for this team to pick-up Michael Vick this past off-season…but who do they get…Derek Anderson?!?!?! C’mon man!

The coach decides to start an undrafted free-agent QB over a 5th round pick the organization traded up for to get John Skelton? C’mon man!

The leadership decides it’s best to have no OC, an OL coach who was only good as a player, and a DC who is no-good-for-nothing but loosing? C’mon man!

The coach has played the merry-go-round at several key positions (QB, CB), tinkered with Jefferson, Green, McDonald, and McBride..but they trade Jorrick Calvin (our 6th round draft pick who I thought had talent and potential) for a full back which we released a short time later?!?! Now, Calvin is having success in Philly…C’mon man!

The team trades Reggie Wells for an “Undisclosed” draft pick when we have little depth, talent, experience at the OL positions?!?! Wells was one of our better blockers, however they think Deuce Lutui is better?!?! C’mon man!

I truly do not know what more this organization can do to stay out of the cellar this season. They obviously care less about winning and more about keeping money in their pockets. Then, the organization allows a FREAKING university to snag the naming rights for the stadium, when they could have easily picked them up?!?!?! It is sad the stadium is called ‘University of Phoenix Stadium’, hell, I am more creative than that!!! The “Arizona Cardinals Stadium” sounds much more appropriate. C’mon man!

62. By joe on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

If everything blows over for him i would have to say the cards should pick up
    ((Cam Newton from Auburn)) besides the issues going on with him, I see a franchise Cardinal QB with him. Speed, Size, Arm and a Fresh Start with Whise and his QB. This season is over, just get out of it injure free and start to re-build this horrific team for a better effort in 2011.

63. By Mike W. on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

I have read much on McNabb (unavailable now) and Vick (seriously, not unless he gets hurt because the Eagles HAVE to re-sign him), but those do not appear to be viable. On the flip side, Kevin Kolb has shown the ability to start in this league and perform at a high level, and I do not see the Eagles keeping him and Vick. Do you see the Cardinals having little, some, or significant interest on acquiring him? This question assumes it is doable with salary cap restrictions and the ability to meet reasonable trade demands by the Eagles.

Thanks!

64. By Gary on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

10 key positions the organization needs via free-agency and/or draft in 2011:

1. QB
    2. OT
    3. OG
    4. OLB
    5. ILB
    6. SS
    7. TE
    8. FB
    9. C
    10. CB

However, I do not plan to set my expectations very high during the free-agency period nor the draft, next year. It sucks to be let down and us fans have been let down this year.

I’m pissed! Period! 19 years of let-downs, then 3 seasons that inspired, now another streak of let-downs! (however, the ’98-’99 season was good – Jake the Snake took us to the playoffs) – so 18 years of let-downs and 4 good seasons…

Damn it, I hate being pissed at my team!!!

Whiz, whatever you are doing – it’s not working! C’mon, please, do something! Let’s go 5-1 the rest of the way, at least have a winning season…(I know, these are just pipe-dreams – but there’s always room for hope!).

65. By Darren Urban on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Mike W —

RE: Kolb

Kolb is under a very reasonable salary for the Eagles in 2011. Unless they are blown away by a trade offer, I’m not sure they are letting him go, even with Vick.

66. By jocards on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

It is quite clear that when you lose a HOF QB and replace him with a guy that couldn’t hold a starting job for a bad Browns team that there is going to be a drop off….a BIG drop off. The team misses Boldin, they miss Dansby, heck they even miss Todd Haley if you want to go back a year further but the biggest difference is Warner. He made plays, Anderson doesn’t. The defense was just good enough when Warner was under center and the team was capable of consistently sustaining drives, moving the chains and putting up points. Without an offense that can at the very least string together a few first downs consistently this defense is exposed for what it is….a bottom tier unit. The unit has made a few big plays but they rarely are able to generate a pass rush and have displayed an annoying & crippling inability to get off the field on 3rd down. They’re just not good. I read on and on here how much talent the team has on defense and on the roster as a whole and that it’s poor coaching that is causing the problems. Bull! The coaching staff could certainly do a better job, at 3-6 I’m sure they would agree with that but it’s the players that consitently fail to make plays when they need to make them. I’ll say once again that every NFL team has talent, the good teams have players that make plays when they need to be made to win a game….The Cardinals don’t do that. Warner made plays and if your QB can’t do that it effects every aspect of the team. Poor QB play in the NFL usually equates to a bad football team. Certainly true in this case.

67. By KyCardsfan on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Will we be seeing the black jerseys on MNF?

68. By Casey on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

RE: Questions

Andy, Kevin, Darren,

Calm down. Ok, obviously I’m being sarcastic in expecting Darren to answer all of those questions, but maybe, for the benefit of the board in general, those are things we either already are thinking about or should be thinking about, and maybe they inspire progress going forward.

I think I need to clarify the purpose for my posts as it’s obviously getting lost. I’ve said this before, but I think the intensity of recent posts has caused people to forget (or maybe I’ve actually contradicted myself).

None of my posts are intended to be personal attacks of Darren for one second (although I will admit, I think once or twice, I’ve crossed the line, and for that I apologize). Sometimes I do wish that purely from a professional journalistic perspective that Darren would ask more difficult questions of his interviewees, but I understand the difficult line he walks in trying to appease the board and maintain positive relationships with coaches, playes, and the front office. But even if I’m pushing Darren to do more professionally, that certainly isn’t meant to be any sort of criticism of Darren personally.

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, although I address the questions to Darren because he is the face of azcardinals.com, I’m not in any way holding Darren responsible for the content of or answers to those questions. Please give me a little more credit than that. Darren is not a coach, player, front office person or otherwise, so I fully understand that he isn’t reponsible for one bit of anything that any of us complain about or criticize.

I do hope that with my questions/comments, perhaps, I will spark a new thought in Darren’s mind that may cause him to ask a new/different question or focus on a new/different topic. That’s really all I’m trying to do. If I’m able to inspire one new question or story, then maybe I’ve contributed something to the content on this site.

Darren is the messenger, I fully understand that. He has covered this team for 11 years in a professional capacity and so I respect and invite his opinions on these topics. And I apologize again if they come across as attacks of Darren, somehow implying that Darren was responsible for drafting Levi Brown 5th overall in 2007 and now he should have to suffer the consequences.

We are all judged in hindsight all of the time for how certain decisions/actions/recommendations/emotional reactions affect the environment around us and professional football is no different. We have a right and a responsibility as Cardinals fans to exact a measure of accountability from players, coaches and the front office. Some may question that right, but whether you’re buying season tickets, paying for the NFL Package on Direct TV, buying merchandise or even just contributing to the ratings the NFL receives on TV or the radio (or buying products from the sponsors who make the TV rights so lucrative), you are a contributor to the NFL’s overwhelming profitability and you have a right to hold those benefiting from the profitability accountable.

I am held accountable every day by the shareholders of the company I work for, by my manager and his managers, by my colleagues, by my clients, by the community I work in, etc. Should the PR department of my company be held responsible for my actions? No, but they would be the ones to receive criticism if something I didn’t do correctly came into the public domain. The message received by the PR department would then make it’s way to my manager and to me and I would have to deal with the consequences. That’s life. In this case, Darren is the conduit between fans and the decision makers and actors; ultimately Darren is not responsible for the decisions and actions, but he carries messages both ways. I think we all understand that.

I apologize for the over the top number of questions, but again, if they stimulate additional conversation and thinking about issues that are important to the future of this team and organization, then maybe there is some benefit.

Thanks,
    casey

69. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Eagles better hope the eventual CBA has the franchise tag option! That said — like you said — expect the Eagles to do (pay) anything to extend him to avoid having to rely on the new CBA for a franchise tag. Of course, maybe the new CBA will have a salary cap which could turn things upside down. Life sure would be easier if both sides could get a deal done before the offseason, but there seems to be a 0.000001% chance of that happening.

There’s no way to prove it, but I think the labor unrest (and likely lockout) is a factor in a lot of the mediocre play around the NFL season. It’s hard to give 100% if you have a feeling your boss is going to tell you to pack up and leave (and don’t come back) come January.

70. By Voice of Reason on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

You said re the McNabb contract:

“Anyway, that means McNabb isn’t going to be a free agent, he doesn’t have a chance to come to Arizona (not that it was any guarantee anyway, even that the Cards would be interested) and so this blog is now a McNabb-free zone. Unless the Cards and Redskins meet.”

Take a look at an article on cbssportsline. If the Redskins cut McNabb this offseason, they save themselves $74 MILLION. Thus, this is an overly inflated contract where there are a whole bunch of reasons to let McNabb go after the season, unless he is truly all-world.

I say the Cards still have a shot at seeing him waived. And after the pathetic quarterback play we’ve seen this year, and the horrendous way the quarterback position was botched during the offseason, they should not be so arrogant as to NOT give a shot to snagging him if/when he does.

The Cardinals have NOTHING to be arrogant about. In fact, losing this division this season is an embarrassment. And that is what is going to happen, thanks to the turd laid over the weekend.

71. By Voice of Reason on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

On Kolb, I guarantee they’d take a third round pick (not exactly a great round for the Redbirds the last few years) in a second. We need to STOP over-valuing picks.

Look at it this way — would you take Kolb or Andre Roberts (a 4th, at best, WR)? Kolb or Rashad Johnson (backup safety)? Kolb or Buster Davis (a 5’9″ MLB that couldn’t make the team)? Eric Green? I think the last third round pick that panned out well was Gerald Hayes in 2003 (I’ll kindly say the jury is still out on Early Doucet).

72. By Nick Pepe on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

@ Steve in NC- as Kevin pointed out, he could have thrown it away.

As for Vick, he’s playing great but I wouldn’t want him representing my team. It’s a morals thing for me. McNabb, glad he got a new deal. He is not worth it, let the Redskins find out for themselves. As for everyone calling for the head coach to be terminated: get a grip. We are fortunate to have him at the healm.

@jocards, agree with most of your comment, however I do feel the talent is there on the D side, enough so that it could be very good. Wish I knew the answer!

73. By Billy Thomas on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

While it may be a McNabb free zone, I heard today on KTAR that McNabb’s contract only guarantees 40 million IF the Redskins choose to take the option on his contract. Otherwise, they’re off the hook for 3.75 million. To be honest, I would think Whiz would at least look at McNabb and Kevin Kolb as possible candidates, because let’s face it, we need someone. I don’t care who, BUT PLEASE SOMEONE!!!

P.S. I do have to say I was impressed with Derek’s performance on Sunday, and to be honest, if the defense could’ve just stopped the Seahawks a little, maybe the offense wouldn’t have been under immense pressure. It seemed to me that the defense let the offense down much like the offense let the defense down in Atlanta, San Diego, and Seattle. The last thing we need is for the defense to play poorly when the offense plays well. The team needs to start clicking NOW.

74. By FresnoBoy on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!

75. By cheesebeef on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Darren, did you really write that Keith was “just starting to come into his own” in that article about him being out for the rest of the year? Come on man. I understand you work for the team and have to defend them, but that’s ridiculous. He’s been awful from day one… maybe not as awful as Levi Brown, but he’s been atrocious regardless. I’ve GOT to believe that even though the money may be better on this site, every once in a while you’ve got to miss your integrity in reporting what’s actually going on on the field like you did when you used to write for the paper (and you were the best at covering this team fair and honestly).

76. By Eazy E on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

McNabb to Arizona haters gtfoh

77. By Eazy E on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

redskins ain’t a smart organization please give us McNabb so we can win super bowls

78. By jocards on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Darren –

Barring injury do you see the team going back to Max Hall as the starter this season? I’m hoping they do not but with the season on a downward slope now and given the fact that Skelton is apparently not ready & Anderson is what he is I was wondering if they might go back to Hall. Personally I don’t see whatever it was the team saw in Hall. He doesn’t seem to do anything particularly well…I think there might be a good reason he went undrafted, he doesn’t seem to have the skills to be an effective NFL QB that I’ve seen…however the team did see something they liked.

79. By ROYAL VIBES (**************) on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Let’s go cards let’s get that top 5 pick in the draft now!
    I really do think if you guys continue to work hard and do what your doing,
    you’re well on your way to the top, who knows maybe even the 1st overall pick.
    (fingers crossed)

80. By TucsonTim on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Recipe for success:
    Hire Cower to be head coach
    Hire Wade Phillips to be DC
    Whiz likes being OC, so let him be
    Trade a 1st pick for Kolb
    Trade a 2nd pick for Boldin
    Trade a 3rd pick for Dansby
    Trade a 4th pick for Rolle

81. By Darren Urban on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

KyCards —

RE: Black jerseys

Probably, but hasn’t been officially announced.

82. By Darren Urban on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

cheesebeef —

RE: Keith

So you think he’s worthless? Not worth it as a prospect?

I never said he was a Pro Bowler. But lately, no, I don’t think he’s been atrocious. He was struggling big time early. Lately, not as much. We’ll just agree to disagree.

I find it funny that everyone assumes I get some party line and have to spit it out to you guys. It’s like, if I have any opinion that favors the team, I’m a shill.

83. By Darren Urban on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

jocards —

RE: Hall

If the Cards fall out of it, I could see one or both of the rookies getting work again, yes.

84. By Peter in Canada on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Jocards- Great post about the importance of the QB and how he makes the team better at the other positions. Unless we upgrade at QB in the off season we will struggle next year too. The Steel curtain would have sprung leaks witf Anderson going 3 and out all the time.

85. By Casey on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

RE: Keith

I agree with you that Keith has improved significantly from the beginning of the season. If he can stay healthy in the future, I do think he can be a “serviceable” RT in the NFL. I’m not sure about All-Pro or anything like that, but he appears to have the upside to start at RT for a right-handed QB.

Honestly, in my opinion from what I’ve been seeing, Levi Brown has been far worse recently then Brandon Keith. I honestly don’t believe Levi Brown is a starting quality LT (blindside for Righty QB) based on what I’ve seen from his body of work this year. LT is the bigger question for me on this team. I’m hoping that the plan next year is to let Faneca retire and move Levi Brown into his position and then sign a free agent LT and/or draft one in the 2nd Round after drafting either Luck, Locker, Mallet or Newton in Round 1.

Thanks,
    Casey

86. By cheesebeef on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Darren… I apologize for the end of my comment. Questioning your integrity was WAYYYYYYY out of bounds. So, I’m sorry for that. I was just dumbfounded that you thought he was coming around. Has he been as horrendous as he was to start this season in the last couple weeks? No, but it would have been almost impossible for him to get any worse, so any improvement needs to be measured as such. And to be honest… no, just don’t see the “prospect” in the kid. He’s looked like exactly what I feared he would… a late 7th round pick who probably has no business starting a game in this league. Most late 7th rounders are in that position for a reason and he’s shown me zero reason to think he can play in this league.I just don’t see it.

But again, I hope you accept my apology for ripping into you. I just really enjoyed reading your stuff when you weren’t associated financially with the club.

87. By Nick Pepe on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

@ EazyE – you are right the Redskins are not a smart organization. Or they would have never traded for McNabb in the first place. OR give him an extension. He is far from the answer.

88. By drumm-1 on Nov 16, 2010 | Reply

Why do everyone think the loss is DA’s fault the defense have had a number of teams at 3rd and 8 3rd and 12 3rd and 18, and give up a first down make that stop and their off the field, but some how it’s the qb’s fault, i think it’s just a hate for DA for taking over for leinart… when you have a lead with 4 mins left in a game defense on the field we lose it’s DA’s fault.. when you give up 36 points thats on the defense… mmaybe some of you should learn the game…

89. By Old Man Riva on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

It’s sad to see all the negative comments from diehard Cards fans, but what do you expect? I am going to try and be a little positive in my comments which may seem a little on the whimsical side but nevertheless, here goes…As Tucson Tim says, hire Cower as head coach and make Whiz the OC and fire Davis, draft a top QB or sign someone decent, and add a RB to that list, sign a top notch OL and a good CB…pie in the sky?? Most likely and while you are at, would someone please, please buy out the Bidwill family so good things can happen in the future.

90. By Old Man Riva on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

Oh…in case you haven’t heard, the Bidwill family after a 2 year hiatus is once again in the running for the “Worst Ownership in Pro Sports”. That is the award that goes to the ownership that screws its fans best while lining their pockets with gold.

91. By jocards on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

Darren –

I think the problem is that it is very difficult for most of us to see anything positive about the team right now so when your opinion “favors the team” some folks assume you must be spitting out a party line. You’re entitled to your opinion and are clearly closer to the situation then are we…It’s just that what we are seeing on Sunday is bad football and it is difficult to watch and with no major changes likely to be made in season it probably isn’t going to get much better anytime soon. Frustrating!

92. By Darren Urban on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

cheese —

RE: Keith

No worries. We all say things sometimes we later wonder if we should have. I know I do.

As for Keith, you may be right and I may well be wrong. But I guess my feeling is if the Cards just start writing everyone off at the top, they’ll never develop anyone. It’s a dangerous way to run a team.

2. Nov 17, 2010: Tweets that mention Word From the Birds Blog -- Topsy.com