Anderson apologizes

Posted by Darren Urban on December 1, 2010 – 2:11 pm

Wednesday is quarterback Derek Anderson’s day to speak to the media, and obviously it was his first time doing so since the high-intensity press conference he gave Monday night. So he climbed up on the riser to speak to everyone and said, “OK, let’s try this in a manner that doesn’t end up on YouTube.”

It seemed like the right level of levity given the situation and the way his presser ended Monday, when he abruptly walked out.

“I’d like to apologize for my actions after the game,” Anderson said. “There is a more professional way I could have handled that. I wasn’t raised that way. My Mom and Dad didn’t raise me to act like that in times of adversity. Obviously I was very frustrated by what had happened during the game, and I let the emotions get the best of me.”

Anderson followed up by saying “From what did happen, I am moving forward from that, and I am trying to put that in the past and focus on what we have this week, which is a big game for our team at home.”

I will have more later in a homepage story (and here it is).

Tags:

73 Responses to “Anderson apologizes”

1. By jocards on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Good for DA, apologize and move on….Unfortunately though there are no “big games” left this season for this team. And then depression set in!

2. By KC on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

How about he apologizes for his play as a QB this year too? The fact this guy is still starting for a team in the middle of a 6 game losing streak speaks volumes about our back ups.

3. By Tim on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Derek, don’t let the media circus get the best of you, unlike them you are under a microscope for everthing you do right or wrong. Dude, just do what you do and leave it on the field when your done, and the smile was still on the field so the media can blow on that, who hasn’t been in a situation where they’re thinking in their head, shaking and smiling in disbelief? We’ve all been there, just not under the lights like you are. Don’t sweat it man. After years of being a Niner fan I have finally made the jump to my new home team, the AZ Cards.

4. By Mikeflorio on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

man anderson is for all intensive purposes an idiot!! and thats being nice. I have never been so reluctant to wanna see a player get fired! i stuck it out and got behind josh mccowan. i even got behind shaun king. john navarre but man, i cannot support this idiot!!!!!

5. By Bob on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Mike Anderson should have just answered the question.

6. By McNab's future on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Fan’s Recommendations.
    1. Bennie: Please don’t complain about touches. First, you need how to secure the football
    2. DRC: Please be a man. A man who play football is rough and tough
    3. Hyphen: Please keep separating yourself from this stincky team. I vote 50 times a day for your for Pro Bal
    4. Money mike: Please don’t stop to prove yourself that you are better than DRC and Toler
    5. Overall, this team smells bad. Bad like expired eggs.

7. By OLDude on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

OK ! It’s time to file this one under ‘old news” and move on from here. DA has been a soldier throughout this disappointing season and he deserves a break. Considering the headlines we often see in the news these days, this one is a baby. The question for this team now is” What’s next?” All we have to do now is win 5 in a row and everything will be ok.

8. By AZresidentpatsfan on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Boo Whoo, just another spoiled athlete who didn’t like the fact that the media (who makes them who they are) calls them on there actions. DA acted like a spoiled little kid who got caught by his parents, and instead of being a calm mature person, he shut it down and stormed off to his room! Boo Whoo! Anyone still wonder why Cleveland let him go? One year wonder!

9. By KyCardsfan on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I think it the cheerleaders fault, they are slacking on their cheers….Darren, do u think we should pick up a few cheerleaders from the falcons or jets this offseason? Lol, I laughed out loud at myself!

10. By colts fan on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Draft Christian Ponder or Cam Newton or Rya Mallet???? that would be a good idea.

11. By Beaver on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

GO BEAVERS!

12. By BMH on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I giving DA a chance because I see problems in every aspect of the game. The coach says he’s in the gym and working out day in day out and trying to work harder and improve. This is not something we are seeing from the protection he’s been given by our shotty offensive line. There are more holes in it that swiss cheese. They can’t protect DA in the pocket long enought to throw a pass and the aren’t able to create holes long enough for Wells or Hightower to run though. The only person in the same spto is Sendlein and everyone else is just playin lousy. No pass protection no rushing game…I don’t blame DA solely for our season. DA’s gotta work on looking off WR’s. Don’t let me get started on Defense…Really…how long is Billy going to keep his job? any accountablilty?

13. By AZHead on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Whiz should apologize to the media, Cards fans and fans of the NFL for having to put up with such an awful team. No one deserves to be put through such torture.

I have been a fan since the darkages and refuse to go back to my old ways of supporting a loser!

14. By Edijkstra on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Mikeflorio — “Intents and purposes” not “intensive purposes”. Who are you calling an idiot?. Keep it civil. I’m not a DA fan and I’m ready to give the rookies some experience, but at least he showed class today.

15. By Steve on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Maybe he just told Letui that he farted and it tickled when it came out

16. By Linda on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Before you call someone an idiot, you should know the phrase is “For all INTENTS & PURPOSES” not “Intensive purposes”.

17. By Sam on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Hey Derek. You’re no Kurt Warner. That’s why you were laughing on the sidelines, right? Your apology should’ve been to us fans. How do you have a number one WR and you can’t hit him on a fly route? Cryin shame.

18. By Dan Crowell on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I hate to say it, but Anderson is BY FAR not the only problem with this team. I have never been so disgusted with them as I was Monday night. The repercussions of their effort have not been felt yet. Do you think Fitz wants to be a part of this? Their whole defense quit on the team, not to mention the coaching staff. They are worse now than they were in the Denny Green days.At least back then they tried to win. I seriously don’t know what the answer is except to maybe clean house, including the WHOLE coaching staff. I hope the Bidwell’s take a long look at what they have and start making changes. It seems if Whis doesn’t like you for whatever reason, you either dont play or you get cut. He had problems with Leinert, CUT. He had problems with Q, CUT. He insists on bringing in washed up players who he has a history with which never works out. I used to love him, but now I think he is the main problem He should be the one on the hot seat!!

19. By nate on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Whisenhunt and Graves should be apologizing for the way they acted this offseason/preseason. Our best option of the three qb’s aquired has lead us to a six game losing streak.

20. By tyman on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Why apologize DA. I think you gained respect for blowing up a that dumb question. Im not your biggest fan, but you do give us the best chance to win. Just stop stairing down your wr’s and stop with the rocket balls. You are way better than max or john.

21. By jocards on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I take issue with statements like “Do you think Fitz wants to be a part of this”. News flash; Fitz IS a part of this. This is a team game and he hasn’t had a particularly great season either. Obviously the QB play has been horrible and his numbers are not going to be nearly as good as we all have come to expect but has nobody seen him drop balls or at least not come down with catchable passes this season? I have. I’m not ripping Fitz, he’s shown that he CAN be a top receiver but he has looked awfully ordinary to me thus far….circumstances obviously play a large role in that but to me every player and every coach needs to be better than they have been thus far without exception.

22. By Terry Barwald on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

“Anderson predicts another laugher Sunday!”

23. By Zapp on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

So yes their was that botched handoff that you can blame on both people but why do we always get away from the run game. Down 21-6 is not much in the NFL and with the drive we did run the ball with Beans 4 straight times Anderson was able to throw the ball effective and we were able to get a field goal out of that drive. When are we going to start to run the ball and take the game out of Anderson’s hands? We are setting Anderson up to fail. Only a handful of quarterbacks can survive not having a run game. Look at Peyton Manning.

Please do not say it was the flow of the game garbage because Anderson was sucking that game. The flow was going that way maybe because of the playcalling.

So the question is when are we going to actually start running the ball more? Does he have more trust in Anderson controlling the game more than the running backs controlling the game. It seems their more effective playing off of each other.

24. By Darren Urban on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Zapp —

RE: Run game

I don’t have an answer for you.

25. By Sammy on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Wow people, of course its not just DA’s fault. However, we have never had a great offensive line even when Kurt Warner was with us. We have always allowed teams to score in high numbers but with Kurt we just managed to outscore them. DA has a Larry Fitzgerald, a guy that any other QB in the league would give their non throwing arm to play with. He has probably the best wide receiving corps in the league. But he has to get them the ball. Oh and for our rushing, it only worked because our passing offense was so good that teams allowed us to run so that we wouldn’t drop so many big bombs on them. Its a QB’s league and it is his fault that we are where we are, but at the same time this team has never been an all around team. Should have pulled Dante Cullpepper from UFL early this year and signed him until we could draft a QB. Just not smart thinking on owners. This is why without Kurt the Cards are nothing. We have great players without a great leader!

26. By Kevin on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

It’s funny how a guy has to apologize (I’m sure the team told him that’s what he should do) for something a lot of us feel is totally appropriate — venting some anger and frustration at someone (a spouse, an in-law, in this case a reporter) who is nagging you over nothing. The guy freaking SMILED on the sideline — he wasn’t dancing, high-fiving, or anything like that. A complete non-story, with a reporter trying to turn it into a story.

27. By bohancards on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Should have kept Leinart. Plus why on earth is Beanie only getting like 5 touches a game! can’t wait till next year when we draft a legit QB

28. By Donswan on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

DA is a D.A…. Of course he’s going to apologize. He went from a non-scripted moment to a rehearsed scripted moment… This guy is a joke. He ought to consider atleast shaving that mess of a beard and looking as homeless as he plays and groom himself and look the part of a professional… I keep hearing… “He gives us the best chance to win” … REALLY!!!! It’s time to start rehearsing for next years QB’s…. Maybe coach don’t plan on keeoning any of them… Mix it up, like preseason. It appears we need three new QB’s since coach has faith in none.

29. By Kevin on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I predict the next game from DA is one of his best. While he may have gotten heated, it was passion (the first I have seen from him), and that kind of emotion can drive people very far. Hopefully it shows the rest of the team some heat too.

30. By Kevin on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Here’s an interesting question: Where would the Cards be right now if the Max Hall experiment never happened? They were 2-2 with DA at the helm, then won the improbable Saints game even though Max didn’t play any better than DA would have (pretty mediocre, 1 int, 2 fumbles — just lucky we pounced on both). Maybe the excitement of Max got us over the hump in the Saints game and led to our defensive effort, I don’t know. There’s a pretty good argument that he cost us the TB game though with the two pick-6’s (even though DA threw the final INT when we had a FG to tie), and who knows what would’ve happened vs. SEA if Max isn’t out there for the first half putting up zero points, floating an INT and fumbling in our red zone. Would we still have only 3 wins, or possibly as many as 5 (plus with more continuity maybe that would’ve helped in future games) had we just stuck with DA all along? I’m actually less disappointed with the cutting of Leinart than I am with the in-season tinkering only 4 games into a season where we were 2-2. It would be different if we had the second coming of Kurt Warner on the bench to relieve DA but it’s pretty obvious we didn’t have that kind of option, so rotating Hall in for DA didn’t really accomplish anything other than creating uncertainty and confusion.

31. By ross on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I actually like da. Seems like a pretty real dude.

32. By JosEPh on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

When will Coach Whiz admit he made a Major blunder by cutting Leinart? Why didn’t the Bidwells object to that bad decision? Major unanswered questions.

If Leinart was still here we would have been 6-4 or better going into the Monday nights game.

I’ve been a Cardinal fan since 1970 and I’ve always had Hope in this team until this year. Now I can’t bear to watch any more.

You blew it bad Coach. D.A. is not nor ever will be the answer. Leinart was and you let your Pride get in the way :(

33. By KC on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

DA is never going to improve, look at his career numbers. People hoping for improvement and consistent play or placing blame on the OL or RBs are fooling themselves. He has never been a 60% passer not in college not in the Pro’s, he has never been consistently good, oh sure he will have a good performance here and there but he has far more bad games than good. The rant should not have gotten him benched, his PLAY should–he is terrible and I’d really like to find out one day who is responsible–the coaches or front office. He is what he is, a guy who is good enough to be your #3 QB but should never ever be counted on to start for you. I don’t care how hard he works, how good of a teammate he is, how good a guy he is overall–he is not getting it done and never will, he just isn’t talented enough. Is it too much for us as Cardinal fans to expect to have, at minimum, an average NFL QB starting for our franchise????

34. By Darthcard on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I really like D.A. The person. I personally do not know him but he reminds me of a old friend. D.A. The Qb can wow you, anger you, make you scream for just someone else. There’s many reasons why chemistry on offense is lacking. Injuries as well as time working together. Look at Jerry rice transitioning to Steve young. If by some stretch of the imagination someone who knows D.A. Please tell him this— bring that passion to the rams. I’m serious get mad. Come out like a gladiator. The rams are perfect hosts to feed on :-)

35. By Rob on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Billy Davis needs to Go

36. By Drew on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I actually don’t think that that press conference should have been like that is there really anything wrong with laughing. I mean really think about it ya we were down but there is nothing wrong with laughing if you think it is funny. I do think that he could have handled the press conference better but that question shouldn’t have happened. I do think though since this season is in the dumps they should move on to Skelton because I don’t think it is ok to waste a pick, whether that is a 1st or 5th round pick on your 3rd string qb. After this season we are going to need to spend money on quality players. I think Bidwill needs to start paying for good players we shouldn’t have lost Dansby. You can say what you want Dansby wasn’t worth that much but the linbackers job is to stop the run and Dansby was a beast at that and look at our linebackers now.

37. By steve d. on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

you don’t have to apologize D.A. sommers asked you a question and you answered him, but he didn’t stop there. he kept asking the same question. but anyway, it’s not really worth all the air time that the media is wasting on it. I would like to know why sommers didn’t ask you why we couldn’t score a touchdown, or why you haven’t been able to get the ball to our receivers, or maybe why the defense couldn’t stop anyone running the ball. those are the questions that the media should be asking.
    this is ridiculous watching this horrible football. oh well, back to the jake plummer and josh mccown days.

38. By BAD SANTA on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

We all know this team has QB and defensive problems, that horse has been beaten to death, but what are you going to do, light your torches, grab some pitchforks then run Billy Davis out of town.(maybe) :)

Anyway i do find it interesting that Paris Lenon when he played for the Rams
    last year, they were the worst team in the league and the Cardinals were
    competing for a division title, now that Lenon plays for the Cardinals the Rams are
    competing for a division title and the Cardinals are the worst team in the league.

I’m not a superstitious person by nature but i’m very much aware of the “JONAH”
    effect. ;)

39. By Chuck 1 on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I have a suggestion.
    Let’s give five year contract extensions to:
    Anderson
    Whiz
    Davis
    The entire Scouting Department

40. By Dre on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

ross

Re: Da/ scapegoat

[A few people have said it, but you can’t make anderson the scapegoat. The whole team is playing like poo. Come on cards. And I think Somers was doing his best to get DA to crack…Darren, do you think his persistence was unfounded? I felt it was like kicking a man when he is down]

I wouldn’t say kicking a man while he is down…DA came here already down.
    I think it’s a case of calling him out on his stuff. I recall seeing Tom Brady against Pittsburgh hyping and yelling at the whole offense on the side line. I don’t ever recall Peyton Manning being film in that light. No, it’s not funny when you are down and you are the QB. Other positions have that luxury not the QB; they’re the coach on the field.

DA can’t handle the pressure and that sums up his whole year. Maybe that’s why he throws INTs at the end of games when we can tie w/a FG. How in the heck is someone like DA going to fill Kurt’s shoes.

41. By Chuck 1 on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Oh, and another suggestion.
    I don’t care what happens with the Card’s offensive production during the last five games, play DA all the time. Dress Hall in street clothes on the sideline so that there is no temptation to put him into the game.
    DA obviously gives the Cards the best opportunity to win. Just ask Whiz. LOL

42. By Blair on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Are you for real? Adams was picked on all day Monday night, and missed at least three huge tackles. And I could have made that pick.

43. By Money on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

The team isn’t going to make any major changes at QB until they are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs, which may be awhile given our stellar division. They just aren’t going to throw in the towel until that point. If you don’t think starting Hall or Skelton is throwing in the towel, you need to learn more about football. They will get some learning, but will get killed in the process the way this offense plays the game. I also don’t think any coaching changes will be made during the season, it just doesn’t make sense as a business and that is what this is. The seats are already sold for the most part.

Perhaps one of the reporters should start feeding Whiz the questions asked of Tampa Bay’s first coach John McKay during his dismal seasons to see what he says: “What do you think of your team’s execution?” (“I’m all in favor of it”).
    “How would you characterize your team’s offense through the first 11 games?” (“Everytime I look up it seems like we’re punting”).

The good news is that so far we are picking 7th in the draft.

44. By emm7777 on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Now Whiz just needs to apologize. Thank you for all the hard work you do, Darren. I have been to other team sites and this one is BY FAR the best. Keep up the good work.

45. By Rodgerscromartie17 on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Dear Cardinals fans, I am sorry for coming to arizona, I am sorry I dont know how to throw the ball, and I am most definetly sorry the 49ers sacked my raggity a$$ all night

46. By Casey on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Great example for Whiz to follow:

47. By Gary stevenson on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Da needs to read Tony Dungy’s second book “uncommon” ( I wish the bidwells would try to hire Tony Dungy) he says “adversity does not build caracter it reveilles it” the funny thing about that book is that Tony Dungy speaks so highly of the Sterlers owners and their caracter and how two inside guys, Wiz and Grim were passed over for the head coach job that was offered to an outside guy in current head coach
    of the steelers M.T, This is a great book that all men should read! I wish the best of luck to D.A in the future, As long as it’s not Here in PHX! He is not ready to be a leader yet!

48. By Brandon LA on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Let’s Go # 3! Get some points!!!

49. By Casey on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

RE: The Broken Record

October 25 after 22-10 loss to Seattle: “We have to continue to work the way we’ve been working in practice, it’s starting to show up for us defensively, offensively we got to get better, and that’s where it has to start.”

November 1 after 38-34 loss to Tampa Bay: “What you have to do is stay the course, you have to continue to work the way you know it’s been successful for you. It’s a tough period we’re going through. Our guys are working hard and I really believe we’re going to get better. That’s all you can ask for.”

November 8 after 27-24 OT loss to Minnesota: “What we talked about yesterday is we’ve got to continue to work the way we’ve been working.”

November 15 after 36-18 loss to Seattle: “But the one thing I can tell you is I know the way we work, the way we prepare. I know it works for us. We are going to continue with that. We are going to continue to work hard and hopefully we will get a game here where we play well.”

November 22 after 31-13 loss to Kansas City: “I sound like a broken record here. Listen, we’re working at it and we’ve got to stay this course. The one thing I know is that the way we prepare, the way we work, I know it works for us. I know that we can be successful.”

November 30 after 27-6 loss to San Francisco: “I’m going to do what I know works for us. That’s continue to practice and prepare the way we’ve work. I really believe we’ll come out of this. There’s plays we had opportunities to make last night that I think could have made a difference in that game. We got to find a way to make those plays on game day.”

December 6th after TBD loss to St. Louis: ???????

50. By bish- illinois on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

at this point the only dude that is really laughing, is our boy matt leinart, bad choice whiz

51. By TBru on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I don’t even care about the blow up, embarrassing as it was. He should apologize for the way he plays and that he has the gall to accept a paycheck. I didn’t expect the second coming of Kurt Warner or anything but c’mon man his play has been downright horrid.

52. By Scott H on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

It’s a shame that it came to that with Anderson. Lord knows, I’m no fan of his as a player but it’s never fun to see a player boil over like that. I’m sure he does work hard and tries his best when he’s on the field. This really isn’t Anderson’s fault. He is what he is. Period. Sorry to be a broken record but this fiasco is totally on coach Whiz for his tragically inept handling of the whole QB situation this year and his inexplicable assessment that Anderson gives us the best chance to win AND his even more inexplicable choice to stick with Anderson as the losses just keep piling up. Honestly, if anyone owes anyone an apology here, it’s coach Whiz. He should be apologizing to Anderson for continuing to label him as “the guy who gives us the best chance to win” when that is such a crock of #!&$ at this point. Anderson is just not a very good QB. He shouldn’t have to apologize for that. Whiz is just making lousy decisions and being entirely too stubborn about sticking with them. He SHOULD apologize for that.

53. By ddoggphx on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I didn’t agree with the benching of Leinart for DA. I damn sure didn’t agree with cutting Leinart to roll with DA, an UDFA rookie and a 5th round rookie from Fordham.

But I put on my “In Whis I Trust” goggles and thought there must be SOMETHING we were all missing in starting a guy who had worse stats than Jamarcus Russell last year, something to justify jettisoning a mediocre but careful QB who knew the system. Whis had to know something. There’s no way DA would be as bad as we thought.

He is. I was wrong to trust Whis on this one. Ken earned a TON of credibility with the first three seasons here, but this offseason he was spending that credibility like Pacman Jones in a strip club, making it rain. It’s now pouring, and we are going to see how well Whis deals with failure. DA is an abomination on the field. I actually think he’s a cool guy in general, but he’s a horrible quarterback. Pinning our hopes on Derek Freaking Anderson, and then not adjusting the offense from Kurt Warner days has been a disaster.

To top it off we probably won’t suck enough to get Luck if he even comes out, thanks to Janokowski missing a chip shot field goal. Same ol’ Cards?

54. By Big Red on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

DA is probably thinking the same as you fans. If I only had some real fans that would not complain so much and no BS. Remember life is not always perfect, but theres always light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe not this year, but lets hope next year.

55. By Cardinal Cody on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

DA has had a rough season. He’s aware of it. He’s even stated in interviews that he “needs to play better”. Now we’re talking about how and when he smiles? Good lord man! So what if he smiled? I don’t blame him for blowing up. Everything he does is analyzed, scrutinized and now DA is even smiling at the wrong times. This season is not DA’s fault entirely. The whole team has not lived up to expectations and they should all be yelling at the media for asking stupid a$$ questions, because I’m sure they are all more frustrated than any fan out there! I’m glad to hear that the team has DA’s back, I do as well. Hang tough Cardinals! We do this together!

56. By brian on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren, why do you think DRC has been exposed so badley? It looks like he thinks he has arrived but last time I checked teams don’t pick on revis or other good corners. I thought Adub was a badass why did he look sooooo scared when westbrook was runnig at him, he must be thinking about retirement.

57. By Michael on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Bill Davis needs to go, DA needs to go! Somebody in our D needs to make a play! Beanie needs to hold on to the ball and not complain about carries! Andrew Luch here we go! Go Cards!!!!

58. By Michael on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Andrew Luck here we go! Whiz has gotta run the ball!

59. By AndyStandsUp on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

With the Denny Green outburst in 2006, the Cards have two of the better MNF postgame soundbites in recent memory.
    Let’s combine the two:
    “Nothing’s funny here, the smiling is what you thought it was! I put my heart and soul into every game and was showing off my new dental work! If you want to critcize my crowns, then harass my crowns! Duece and I were talking about all the unproductive veterans Whiz has brought in and the old mares are who we thought they were!
    Sorry, I’m done.(Slaps microphone on podium on way out.)

60. By Raleigh N. on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Give the guy a break. We need improvement in many areas. I think if we were playing good defense and could just gain some momentum AS A TEAM we could be competitive. These guys have pride or they wouldn’t have made the NFL. Stick with all of them as they are feeling the pain of this bad streak. All of you have my support including Derek Anderson.

61. By Nicholas B on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Hey Mike, who is “josh mccowan” Do you mean Josh McCown? Josh actually did a good job as our starting QB….he has this team going in the right direction in 2006….then Dennis Green ruined it by pulling him as the starter before the Carolina Panthers game, and went with Shawn King. To this day, I have NO idea what Dennis Green was thinking, if I remember correctly the team started out of the gate slow, then won 4 out of 5, and got to a 5-6 record with McCown playing really well. Then he was benched for 3 games, and we fell to 5-9, then McCown got put back in and we won our last 2. Also, I believe has a starting QB in Arizona, he was the only one at the point that had a .500 record or better as a starting QB in Arizona. (games started, not played in)

-Nick

62. By Adam on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

I don’t think there is a team in the NFL that looks this bad week to week. The only other team that is bad is the Panthers. And atleast their defense is still tough. The cardinals don’t have any tough players and they don’t have any smart players. I think Bidwell should give Kurt Warner half of the earnings that this organization makes for the next few years because Kurt Warner single handedly took this organization to a level that they will never sniff again. I gaurantee you that the Bidwellls won’t try to get the organization back there either. They love being at the bottom.. It’s in their blood!!!

Reeking of the sewer is what the Bidwells are used to. They don’t know what true business building is about. Maybe they should ask Southwest Airlines or IN-N-OUT burger or Wellsfargo or some of these other successful businesses that create a family atmosphere and aren’t afraid to pay the people who make the franchise what it is. Mr. Bidwell is so cheap when it comes to taking care of players on this team. I could see if he was spending all of the money on homes, jets, ferrari’s and other big business ventures but this guy wears the same ol’ fishermans vest and pants everyday. Mr. Bidwell stop being a cheapskate and reach into your pocket and pay guys to come and make this organization valid again. And pay the guys that have a new contract coming up as well. You (Mr. Bidwell) are the worst owner. You have let this whole state down again because of your stingy and greedy actions.

Mr. Bidwell just sits on his lazy behind and collects money because the CBA has revenue sharing in it. Well I hope that the new CBA doesn’t have revenue sharing in it so the cardinals organization can lose money like they should be. And the owners that are making this league like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder (REAL BUSINESSMEN) keep flourishing. So sad and embarrassed for this whole organization. The owners stink and the coaches have no heart.

WHIZ… YOU’RE FIRED!!!! BRING IN BILL COWER. A REAL PITTSBURGH STEELER. NOT SOFT, FINGERPOINTING, LOST, ABSENT, TIMID WHIZENHUNT.

GO MIKE ADAMS!!!! KEEP BALLING SON. YOU and LAROD are the Only ONES THAT DESERVE CHECKS FROM WEEK TO WEEK. OH, AND CLARK HAGGANS TOO.

GO CARDINALS!!!!

63. By Trips Right on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Whiz needs to apologize for paying this guy and believing so heavily in him! He’s a career 50% completions, more INT’s than TD’s, more losses than wins. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck…..then it’s a damn duck.

CMON MAN!!!

64. By James on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

Just watching the game on DVR for the first time, I was at the game. Please pass this on to DRC…..your a football player dude….MAN up!!!

65. By az1965 on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

DA still sucks bad

66. By josh on Dec 1, 2010 | Reply

hey adam, since the cardinals received their new stadium michael bidwell said they would spend money and be more competitive. he has done what he said he would. we have been good for the past three years. good successfull organizations do not over pay FA to come play. they build through the draft, pick up veterans who fill needs. there is no doubt that this year is no fun for anyone that cares about the cardinals. we lost an enormous amount of talent from last year. they tried to keep rolle and dansby, they chose greener pastures. ask dockett, he was very upset when those guys left. he then finds out that they offered the same or very clos $ to rolle and he still left for the big lights of NY. Dansby a great leader? yes. the best linebacker in the NFL as he states. i don’t think so. Miami overpaid and you just can’t do that. I have never seen whiz point the finger and call out anyone. he handles himself like a professional in good and bad times. maybe some of the fans should do the same. if you don’t like what you see out there then don’t go to the games. find a new team to scream at. we certainly don’t need you on our side. i don’t know where you get your info. jerry jones and daniel snyder? good business men? yes. daniel snyder has not had a successful season since taking over the organization. jerry jones has his hands in everything. they have been to the playoffs once since 98. give me a break. transition years happen. we are going through one. do you think that boldin wouldn’t be here if kurt were still playing? i think they would keep him and let him go after this year. just my opinion. when KW retired this whole season was going to be difficult. you don’t replace players like that. by the way in the grand scheme of things it is still just a game. win or lose the sun comes up. grow up and get a life.

67. By Gary K. on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

@AndyStandsUp

Re: Press conference merge

Great mock up man. LMAO. Hey, if we’re not going to be good, then at least we are now interesting and entertaining in some fashion.

68. By BigRedFan on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

DA is far from being the only problem here.

I get the feeling maybe KW left because he saw the writing on the wall and saw no need to get beat up for an upside down record.

69. By Darren Urban on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

BigRedFan —

RE: Warner’s decision

Uh, $11.5 million?

He didn’t leave because “he saw the writing on the wall.” He wanted to retire. You can make the argument that he was the domino that started things in motion, but not the other way around.

70. By peter in canada on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

BigRed- nobody knows why KW retired except KW. We only have opinions. It is my opinion that he decided to retire when the season ended after he was concussed in St. Louis. The shot he took against N.O. probably confirmed that decision. There are a lot of ex-hockey and football players wandering around with headaches, personality disorders and other mental problems from too many headshots. My guess is he wanted to enjoy what he’d worked so hard to achieve.

71. By Scootch on Dec 2, 2010 | Reply

I am more disappointed with DA that he caved into pressure and apologized more than anything. I thought his outburst was brilliant – human, raw and completely and utterly candid, real, and justified.

Ahhh….hindsight is such a beautiful thing…to idiots who have so much time on their hands and the luxury to perfect well-crafted reactions to every imaginable situation and behavior-good and bad.

Seriously…Consider for a moment the times in your life when humiliation and embarassment caused you to fall to your knees, in effect? Caused you to lose sleep and regret with all your body and soul for what you did or caused to happen while you lived in terror of being discovered or punished or worse…hated with the possiblity of not being forgiven? Who of us have not? I am not talking murder here… I am talking about common human mistakes like broken promises, lying and getting caught, letting someone you love down, missing a deadline for your company or not getting the big deal done and being called out on it? but how many of us have had to rationlize our actions the minute we make them?
    Last Monday night, I imagine Derek went through a thousand human emotions – unfortunately, a coward of an announcer decided to captilize on one of them – a small grin during a personal exchange between Derek and a teammate who showed some compassion and most likely said something to raise his QB up…in a moment that any friend would have done the same. Would have John Gruden liked it better that he caught him bursting into tears? Every other shot of DA on the sidelines he looked utterly miserable. And let’s not forget the reporter for even pursuing it? Ha! What did he expect? He got exactly what he needed to get attention from his employer and maybe a Christmas bonus. To say that the fans needed to know.. BS! Man-up, A$%h*&le Nobody else asked the question.

Derek is an NFL QB -something all of you are not. If you want to crucify someone, look at your own sorry selves for having little else to care about in your silly little lives then to take offense against a meaningless, momentary linconsequential exchange between two warriors who every week have the courage to go out yet once again before thousands of people risking injury and llivilhood, respect and happiness and see how long you would last. Yea, they get paid well but one thing for sure – all the money in the world can’t replace what a football player risks every time he takes the field-life and limb for your entertainment. Pathetic!

Derek – never ever again apologize for the mistakes of others!

72. By Tim on Dec 3, 2010 | Reply

DA has lost his confidence. His mechanics look good. He has great receivers to work with along with potentially a strong running game. He needs to watch the movie, Fighting the Giants.. Get his head right.

2. Dec 1, 2010: Top Posts — WordPress.com