• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Toler, Campbell return to lineup

Posted by Darren Urban on December 5, 2010 – 12:47 pm

Defensive end Calais Campbell (ankle) is back in the lineup today for the Cardinals, meaning he will start again and putting DT Gabe Watson back on the inactive list. Cornerback Greg Toler (foot) is also back playing, sending CB A.J. Jefferson to the sideline.

The other inactives include:

• WR Max Komar
  • QB John Skelton
  • S Hamza Abdullah
  • CB Marshay Green
  • LB Reggie Walker
  • C Ben Claxton

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

29 Responses to “Toler, Campbell return to lineup”

1. By georgiebird on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Just a note on your article “Grooming a QB”
    Without going into points that have been raised so many times before- If this coaching staff had any credibility left, especially as concerns personnel, then your article would have had some merit.
    As I have said before- Cardinals will beat a lousy Ram team today. A win today will “cloud” all the solid perceptions that have been made to date. A win today will usher back in the “same old Cardinals’ days” when the Cards play well when they are supposed to lose and they play bad when they’re supposed to win. I’ve seen it in action for 50 years now-save a season or two.

2. By tRiGiDy on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Wish we would have played the 4-3 an let Adub Roam! Instead of always having him in the Box! with Branch ,Watson, Robinson an Williams on the Squad!

P.s Darren tell the Marketing Department That if we Draft AJ Grren he can sell his own Jerseys 1000 a pop signed’

BigRed List
    1.A.luck 2. AJ Green 3. Prince Get 1 of them!
    Lets go BigRed!

3. By georgiebird on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Watching the Dolphins-Browns game. On just about each play, Dansby takes a deep drop into pass coverage. So instead of harassing QBs and RBs, Dansby has become a big, slow safety(sort of like his Cardinal days). I may be missing something, but is this why Miami mad e Dansby the highest paid LB in NFL history?

4. By eazy e on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Darren, Are the cards wearing their red on red jerseys?

5. By Darren Urban on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Eazy E –

RE: Uniforms

Red tops, white pants.

6. By tRiGiDy on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Darren, The last person i want to hear calling the Cards game is Kurt Warner!

Why is he not dancing or something .Thought Church was on sundays??other then letting his teammates down like he did this year! Why?? Kick me in the Nuts Twice, was once not good enough??

7. By eazy e on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Alright thanks

8. By tRiGiDy on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Darren, Do we have a New All Time leader in receptions??

Let’s Go Lets Win out an Shock the World LOL

Can larry get a commerical with Sing song time?? Caviar pools, Gold Jet Skies an a benji pile, Cause he is Fast???

9. By Bill L on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

PUT MATT IN……..DOH!!!! We’d Lose all of our CRISPNESS and SNAP……let’s Blame Matt…..praise Whiz……and stop asking for an O-Line and a QB…….WE DON’T NEED NO STINKIN’ QB………..we nedd Crisp and Snap…….RIGHT WHIZ?

10. By OLD CARDS FAN on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

wow!6 points into the 4th quarter again can they score a td? c’mon cards

11. By Bill L on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Looks like 3 qtrs was more than enough for a lot of ticket holders. Wait ‘Til next year. I don’t know how much you’d pay to watch this, but they couldn’t pay me. I’m now watching a crime show and only come back during commercials.

12. By cardsalltheway on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Hey Ken W., congratulations! However, I’m a bit worried now since I’ve got the Rams defense on my fantasy football team. The Cards might actually score a TD with John Skelton at QB. Why was so difficult to pull the trigger and put some real talent in the game at QB? Why couldn’t you have seen what I did a long time ago? Hey Darren what do you say now? Skelton looks so comfortable out there just like he did against Houston during the 1st preseason game. It’s too bad Ken W. was so stubborn and more interested in cronyism.
    With so little time remaining(8 minutes in the 4th quarter) and being down by 13 points why didn’t Ken W. fake punt or go for it on 4th down?

13. By Brad on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Finally coach you realise DA is never going to improve his accuracy, why did it take you sooooo long?? Skelton in and makes a couple of great throws on his first drive. YES, SKELTON QB, WOOOHOOO!

14. By WNYcardsfan on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

I had planned on losing this game, so I don’t feel total let down, just sad we are as bad as that. Some things to talk about in my book….
    DEF looked a lot better, but obviously not good enough
    OFF looked bad as usual HOWEVER, the run game looked great. Why did we give up on it? We were down, so what, we’ve been down almost every game and it was going well, keep running it, gives passing more dimensions. Why did Beanie only get 3 touches? Was he hurt? I didn’t see game, only saw stats. Hightower’s stat’s looked good. I don’t know why we don’t punish the other team with running the crap out of it.
    Skelton, ok end of game crap, looked decent, but not sure if that’s enough for him to start. Wondering about Halls injury and how bad he played, was it him, or the O-line???

15. By Scott H on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

OMG, can someone just put this team out of their damn misery – and ours’ – at this point??? Just pull the plug, please. It’s just painful at this point. Darren, I reiterate what I said – don’t think this team can’t lose out the rest of the way. There is not another team in the league right now that can’t beat the Cardinals and that’s a fact. They’ve got no pulse. Thay can’t score. They can’t stop anyone from scoring. Honestly, I don’t see them beating anyone with the way they’ve been playing.

One good thing that may come from this – maybe we have finally closed the book on the Derek Anderson era in Arizona. And I say Amen to that. Doesn’t even matter anymore if he gives us the best chance to win or not. This season ended long ago for this team. Since that is the case, I’m not interested in seeing any more of Anderson’s sorry ass. Let me see Skelton and what he may offer for our future. We could have already started that process had it not been for Whiz and his stubborn stupidity in sticking with Anderson. That has just been an exercise in futility, and it has deprived Skelton of valuable playing time. Hell, I had seen enough of Anderson by the end of September…

16. By Rodgerscromartie17 on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Eazy, i wouldnt want the Cards to wear thier all red alternates, just because I dont them to sose like they both times in thier blacks

17. By james on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

so darren are we now going to go with skelton he only had to drives didint score but hey he was 3 for 6 45 yds allmost better then any other of our QBs.

18. By TBru on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

who is the Cards all time leader in interceptions (thrown)
    Probably Hart, based on longevity Can DA break the record in one miserable season.

19. By Rodgerscromartie17 on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

I love how coach Whiz didnt have anything to say after the game, he looked so stupid after he talked about Anderson not bieng himself, as if he was trying to think of something to excuse the loss

20. By Nick Pepe on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Sorry Darren- can’t wait for you to post “the aftermath”. Not sure words can express. Don’t understand. We run the ball so well. If the QB can’t take advantage of that with the weapons that we have at WR, it’s either the QB isn’t capable of making the throws or nobody is on the same page. Either way I am good with up the middle, up the middle, up the middle, and then punt the rest of the season…… With a screen or play action thrown in here or there just for “kicks” and giggles. The O-Line seems out of sync on blitz adjustments. I feel bad for the defense. I don’t think it is a lack of effort.

Nick Pepe
    Waiting for win

21. By Lone-Eagle on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

Wow, what can I say, We just lost to the RAMS, Ouch!! It is official, the Cards are officially out of it. Looking at the schedule, we might beat the Panthers! 4-12 here we come. I really expected them to put Anderson back in once Hall got knocked out of the game since Skelton was on the inactive list, but hey I have been wrong before. I know it was onlt a few plays,but Skelton looked pretty good, minus the lousy play from the O-line. However I am sure that next week against the Broncos, Anderson will be the starter again an Hall (pending injury) will be the backup and Skelton willl be in-active again. I recently spoke to someone who is a diehard Steelers fan, and he was telling me that Whiz is an excellent coach, but unfortunatly, kinda like the Cowboys, is on a string from the Bidwells, kinda like Jerry Jones! Now whether there is any truth to that or not, I don’t k now, but it is starting to make sense!!!!! Owners should own, coaches should coach and players should play. 2010 Cardinals prrediction
    4-12, if they are lucky, and can beat the Panthers!!!!

22. By Jesse Robles on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

For all of the cards who thought Skelton would suck or be scared, looks like our best QB.

23. By Mikeflorio on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

defense gave up! or just tired out! man i love this team!

24. By WNYcardsfan on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

just saw the post about DA may have concussion. If that is true, assuming he cannot play next week, and its also true that HALL has dislocated shoulder, that would mean Skelton is starter? The weirdness of fate. Next question is, who do they go and get to sign last minute to be back up to Skelton? St. Pierre?? Bulger?

25. By brad oneill on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

i wonder if the toy drive went well?

26. By Evan on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

After watching the Pittsburgh/Baltimore game tonight, it illustrates just how far the Cardinals are from being in the same company…

And when I type in “www.azcardinals.com” and hit the “Vote for the Pro Bowl” page, I wonder who has really earned a trip to the pro bowl on this team and when it’s going to be removed…

Disenchanted? Yes. To be the weakest team in the weakest division is an embarrassment, making every fan question their loyalty. We don’t want to be the Chicago Cubs of the NFL, blindly showing up to games year after year for a lovable loser.

This should be unacceptable both to the team and to those of us paying their bills with every ticket, jersey and adult beverage purchased. Start voting with your wallet instead…

27. By TBru on Dec 5, 2010 | Reply

From the main article:

“Whisenhunt said he felt he “had to make the change” but added that he didn’t think Anderson was himself after taking some hits in the first half.

“He didn’t seem right in the second half,” Whisenhunt said”

Now I didn’t watch the game, only going by the stats, but it seems to me DA was perfectly himself. That is the problem.

Please play Skelton from here on out. I think this is the worst Cardinals team in history. Buddy’s teams would destroy this crew. What makes it so hard to take, is their is a lot of talent on this team. Even in the bad seasons, the Cards have always played exciting competitive football. Win or loose, it seems like they were in most games. I doubt any team over the previous 10 years had more games decided in the final 2 minutes or overtime than Arizona. I think with the exception of QB this team has more talent than the Super Bowl team. I am never in favor of pulling the plug on a coaching staff and starting over, I think that has been one of the cards biggest problems. But seriously something has to change.

28. By Frustrated on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

What is the rule for activating inactive qb’s?

29. By Darren Urban on Dec 6, 2010 | Reply

Frustrated –

RE: Inactive QB

The rule is the third QB is on the inactive list. He can play, but if he plays in the first three quarters, the other two QBs cannot play again in the game.