A few notes to finish the day:
– Richard Bartel was at home in Gonzales, Texas, when the Cardinals called. When asked what he was doing waiting for a team to call, he said he was hog-hunting. One media member was wondering if that was a euphemism for something like off-road racing or something. Nope. The new Cardinals’ QB was actually tracking down and taking out hogs.
There are javelinas in Texas, Bartel said, but these were wild hogs. “Bigger, slower, and they don’t have the tusks,” Bartel said, “but they are still dangerous.”
Bartel doesn’t use guns. Too dangerous for his dogs, who come along. Nope. “Hopefully none of you (media) guys are animal rights activists,” Bartel said.
The hogs will have to wait for now. Bartel is too busy playing football.
– The Broncos drafted Tim Tebow in the first round in large part because coach Josh McDaniels fell in love with his potential. Now, though, McDaniels is out. Where does that leave Tebow (who has played in goal line packages this season)? Maybe on the sideline, at least for the trip to Arizona Sunday.
“We’re going to evaluate every player on our team,” Broncos interim coach Eric Studeville said during a conference call Wednesday. “If something or someone can give us an advantage in a game, we’re going to explore it. … Tim has contributed this year and done some things for us that have benefitted us. We are going to continue to look at those things, but we haven’t decided at this point.”
This season Tebow has accounted for four touchdowns (three running, one passing) on just 13 plays. You’d think the coaches would know exactly what he brings to the table – or maybe they do and aren’t sure it’s enough right now.
– I’m not sure if Darnell Dockett is 100 percent healthy from his shoulder issues, but it’s a good sign he practiced fully today. As for the guys limited today, I don’t think any of them are “going to cost a chance to play Sunday” injuries.
– Speaking of Dockett, he will be Adrian Wilson’s guest on the Big Red Rage tomorrow night at 6 p.m. at Majerle’s in Chandler.
– The Cardinals filled the practice squad spot left vacant when Herman Johnson signed with the Bears yesterday by bringing in tackle Cliff Louis.
Tags: Adrian Wilson, Big Red Rage, Cliff Louis, Darnell Dockett, practice squad, Richard Bartel, Tim Tebow
Posted in Blog | 47 Comments »