Gerald Hayes, Derek Anderson both inactive

Posted by Darren Urban on December 12, 2010 – 12:46 pm

The Cardinals have put on the inactive list, and it carries one slight surprise: linebacker Gerald Hayes is out as a “healthy scratch.” So my thought Friday that Daryl Washington would get more defensive work comes true in a big way. Hayes has struggled of late, so I am sure they want to get Washington’s speed on the field. Quarterback Derek Anderson is also inactive (and not the third quarterback) due to concussion symptoms. So the Cards have just two QBs today.

The rest of the list for the Cards, who are wearing all-red today for the first time this season:

• WR Max Komar
  • CB A.J. Jefferson
  • S Hamza Abdullah
  • CB Marshay Green
  • C Ben Claxton
  • DT Gabe Watson

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

36 Responses to “Gerald Hayes, Derek Anderson both inactive”

1. By Tony on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Darren
    what happened to Stephen Williams?

2. By Nick Pepe on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Who is the emergencey AB?
    Nick Pepe
    Lifetime Memeber
    I want a Win

3. By eazy e on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

The all red jerseys are the nicest besides the new black alternates and d wash c’mon man and make some plays

4. By Darren Urban on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Tony —

RE: Stephen Williams

Still around, just down the depth chart.

5. By Tony on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

okay thanks Darren,I just remember him getting shook-up on a high DA throw and haven’t seen him since

6. By Darren Urban on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Nick —

RE: Emergency AB

I assume you mean emergency QB. I assume it is Doucet, although I wouldn’t rule out Breaston.

7. By TBru on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

I hope Big Red’s Skelton puts on a good show, I won’t get down on him no matter what, glad he is getting some reps and experience. Go Cards.

8. By Michael on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Man! Somebody NEEDS to tell whisenhunt to keep runnin the ball! I guess he still thinks we have Warner back there! Beanie picks up five on first down and then two straight incompletions!

9. By Michael on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Whiz. RUN THE BALL!!! First down second down third down!

10. By brad oneill on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

i wish they left the third and short pass play on the inactive list. but there it was again.

11. By brad oneill on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

and again

12. By Michael on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Great job by Feely! Go Cards!!

13. By brad oneill on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

now that is what i call a push for a probowl by feely freaking amazing.

14. By brad oneill on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

3rd and 2 again what do you think they will do? oh surprise they have the rookie throw it.

At this point they are winning despite whiz’s play calling.

I love the guy but damn it, play football first get tricky later.

15. By Peter in Canada on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Dick in so Cal – The team rallied around John Skelton and played GREAT football

16. By cardsalltheway on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Yes, today was a “breath of fresh air” and J. Skelton did look comfortable out there just as he did last week and in the first preseason game against Houston. How or why he got demoted after that 1st preseason game/come from behind victory I’ll NEVER understand.
    I wonder if John Skelton will play better when he’s really “ready?” The players seemed to “rally” around Skelton without Ken W. telling us they would. The only downside(given that we won)…Beanie(I started him on my fantasy team) — I hope it’s only an upset stomach, it just seems to always be something with that guy. Another up side, our roof didn’t cave in.

17. By TBru on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

The streak is over. The Skelton era begins

18. By K. Bryan on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Yup, Feely had a great game. Skelton did an awesome job, looked like he had been playing with those guys for more than a few days. Their teamwork looked guy. Fitzgerald and Skelton both started a little slow, but sharpened up quickly, Fitz had some good catches. Hightower played mighty well too. It was a great team effort – I’m proud of those boys. In spite of all their coaches negative remarks and lack of confidence in Skelton, they pulled off a great win.

19. By brad oneill on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

d washington????? come on man!!!!!!!!!!

This was a good game, i am a believer in Skelton. lets see how we do against carolina.

20. By Nick Pepe on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

amazing what can happen when you run the ball and don’t turn it over. Thanks for the W gentlemen!

Nick Pepe

21. By azcards24 on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

feely for pro bowl
    !

22. By KG on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Umm if St. Louis defeats the Seahawks and the records are 7-9 for Cards/Rams, then Rams win based on divisional record. Or am I missing something?

23. By KG on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

With a tie it is possible, my bad. I just think it’s a bit of a crapshoot including a tie in the conversation, but technically they’re not out yet.

24. By TucsonTim on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Good job Skelton. Fitz drops, Breaston drops, doucet drops and the kid doesn’t get rattled. Receivers are the ones who looked nervous.

I know there are going to be I told you so posts about Skelton, but seriously, did Max Hall look that good in practice that this kid, Skelton, didn’t get consideration? No ITs, no sacs, has the presence to throw the ball away instead of running out of bounds, no stupid fumbles, good reads against a pro bowl CB who baited Leinart into a couple ITs last time, no ambulance balls to kill our WR’s (who let the kid down several times), and I too have to wonder what was Whiz waiting for.

25. By TucsonTim on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Good to see the young LBs out there. Time for 55 to sit down with dignity…just retire, don’t wait to be cut or benched.

26. By Tinted Face Shield on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

If they are going to healthy scratch Hayes in favor of Walker, then why don’t they do that with McBride and Jefferson/Green? Or Robinson with Watson?

27. By J J on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Darren:

Lots of rumors swirling around that Larry can opt out of his contract next year….what is the situation there or what have you heard.

28. By WNYcardsfan on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

WOW, nice win Cards. Great to see the spirit and pride back. DEF was great today. I just went in and voted for Feely (and Graham and Hyphen) for pro-bowl. Feely was awesome today, great player.
    Haven’t gotten to see Skelton’s plays (can’t watch the game here in NY), but his stats though not stellar, were decent given he is a rookie. At least no turnovers. Play him again. And nice KEEPING WITH THE RUN!!!! That’s what I’m talking about.
    looked good, felt good. Keep at it.

29. By Scott H on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

Nice to be able to enjoy a win. Geez, when was the last one…two months ago??? Sigh. Let’s take a moment to realize that Derek Anderson was NOT the QB for the last two games that we’ve won. That means he has two wins to his credit. AND one of those was only because the Raiders missed a easy FG near the end of that game. Gee…and our coach wants us to believe that he gives us the best chance to win??? OK, coach. Nobody is buying it, but…whatever you say.

Man, our defense is such a feast or famine group! Unfortunately, it’s been mostly famine but when they decide to crank it up…they really crank it up! They’ve given up the most points in the NFL, yet they’re capable of games like this? Interesting…and frustrating. But today was fun. And it hasn’t been fun for a long time, so…I’ll take it! And maybe it will continue to be fun if we continue to take a look at Skelton during the last few weeks instead of going back to the QB who gives us the best chance to win…but never does.

30. By Lone-Eagle on Dec 12, 2010 | Reply

I know it’s only one game and it wasn’t spectacular, but I thought it was excellent game management on Skelton’s part. No TD’s but no picks as well! I believe his stats would have been far better had his recievers caught some of his passes that in my opinion were extremely catchable. There were a few low and behind the back passes, but for the most part the passas were put only where our recievers could catch them. Honestly my favorite play was Skelton escaping the sack and running for a first down. Now I read this article that Whiz isn’t going to commit to naming a stsrting QB, now that’s BS!!! Skelton earned the start for next week. The O-line nedds to improve drastically on it’s pass coverage, did a decent job on run blocking. Defense was very stagnet at times throughout the game, needs improvement. Overall not a bad performance, but it was only the Broncos who are dealing with a coaching change. I felt Skelton did an excellent job for being his first start, If Whiz is the coach we hope he is, Skelton starts next week!! Don’t look now, but we may have a new QB!!!

31. By Darren Urban on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

JJ —

RE: Fitz contract

Fitzgerald’s contract runs through 2011. The Cards want to extend him. Talks have not yet begun.

32. By Darren Urban on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Tinted —

RE: Hayes/Walker

Because they think Walker gives them something Hayes doesn’t, and don’t feel that in the other spots.

33. By Gary J on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

I thought Skelton did a great job for his first start. If his receivers wouldn’t have dropped about 8 balls his stats would have looked alot better. I loved both the block he put on the linebacker on the end around and when he lowered his shoulders and ran over the CB on his run. He moved well in the pocket and got rid of the ball instead of taking sacks or throwing int’s. It was also really nice to see the players smiling and having fun. I can’t wait to see how Skelton does the rest of the season.

34. By Cardsfan on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Beanie is such a bust, should just trade him. I can deal with Hightowers fumbling issues, at least he makes plays and is rarely injured.

35. By Paul L on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Any idea on when or if the NFL Network will replay the Cards/Broncos game? I live in Nevada now and can’t get the Cards on broadcast TV unless I go with a roof top antenna (remember those? lol).

36. By Darren Urban on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Paul L —

RE: Replay

Not sure it will be replayed at all.