Anderson remains inactive

Posted by Darren Urban on December 19, 2010 – 9:30 am

Quarterback Derek Anderson (concussion) remains sidelined today, meaning the Cards will have just two QBs: Starter John Skelton and Richard Bartel. The rest of the inactive list looks familiar, including veteran linebacker Gerald Hayes on the bench:

• WR Max Komar
  • CB A.J. Jefferson
  • S Hamza Abdullah
  • CB Marshay Green
  • C Ben Claxton
  • DT Gabe Watson

For the Panthers, cornerback Chris Gamble, who has fallen out of favor with coach John Fox, is inactive.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

31 Responses to “Anderson remains inactive”

1. By ross on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Whiz, please let Tim carry the load.

2. By Tony on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

It’s going to be a almost perfect day for football here in Carolina today

3. By don on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Love the red pants today. They looked great last week too! Go Cards!!!

4. By SeeingRed on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Why the heck is McBride on punt coverage?? all he does is watch the ball roll to the endzone (trotting BEHIND it)..does he not know u need to put yourself between the ball and the endzone?? The special teams play hasn’t been sharp lately at all.

Defense is still asleep and Whiz and the play-calling….

5. By jimmy walker on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

lookin sloppy already

6. By SeeingRed on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

What the F was that from Rashad Johnson on the 3rd down conversion??? he just ran past the the receiver??????????? get ur hand in there!! get physical!!!

7. By jimmy walker on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

we are getting blasted by a 1-12 team. this is the worst team i have ever seen

8. By D.Burban on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Well I think we found our quarterback!

Now if we can just get some coaches!

9. By HD on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Well I”ll be damned, they are who we thought they were…………

10. By WNYcardsfan on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

some observations from the stat sheet only since I can’t watch the game.

DEF once again doesn’t look like the came to play football, thought with 2 decent games in a row, they’d be pumped for this crappy Carolina team, but I guess they are what their record shows……………last in the NFL

Looks like the only way fo Cards to score a touchdown is by fumbling it and recovering it.

Skeleton despite his INT, still looked (stats wise, didn’t see him play) better than the other two guys that have played this year, and he got FITZ the ball big time, too bad we can’t get it in the endzone

I like hightower, but his fumbling is painful. Wells can’t seem to do squat. They really needed the run game, and they didn’t pull through at all (or was it Whiz play calling????). Perhaps they should throw in Wright for a change?

Well, it looks like with this loss, Cards really are the crappiest team in the NFL (despite not having the worse record, they sure look pretty bad).

All I want for Xmas is a win by the OFFENSE and a stalwart DEF, but I guess that won’t happen.

11. By BLOOD RED on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Thank you Thank you Thank you!Leave DA inactive for ever!

12. By Lone-Eagle on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Well, I am sure everyone is going to blame the rookie! That would be the easy way out. The O-line most of the day looked terrible. They couldn’t pass block or run block, not to take anything away from the Panthers, but it seemed to me that the Cards played down to their competition. The defense started playing well at the end of the second quarter, unfortunately that was too late. The onside kick was a terrible decision, and not just because it was a bad kick, it was just an ill advised call in my opinion. And what about all the dropped passes that were right in their hands. There is no excuse for dropping a ball that hits you in the hands. I know everyone who blogs think they are a coach, but wow!! I thought Skelton did pretty good, minus the interception, but I am not going to put all the blame on him either. Skelton was under pressure all day. That can’t keep happening. Someone needs to step up.

13. By M on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

The Cards are done. All they had to do was beat the WORST team in the NFL and once again a Defensive coordinator who has no business being in the NFL and a head coach who needs a offensive coordinator who knows how to call plays needs to be on the field. CARDS SUCK THIS YEAR> There is no one in the draft and if we let Fitz go and Breaston we have another year of a bad team to look forward to. Waive Dockett, get rid of Porter and anyone else who has been in the league over 10 years and get some youth to make this team work. Get a new bunch of coaching staff too. BIDWELL are yo listening????? YOUR TEAM IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO ARIZONA!!!

14. By CaRdS aLL dAy EvErY dAy on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

thats the thing, the team is not physical -_-

15. By CaRdS aLL dAy EvErY dAy on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

o-line like always, refuses to run block

16. By Lone-Eagle on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Well, as I said earlier, Skelton was going to be the one that got blamed and I say that because his name is pretty much the only one that is mentioned by name as missing too many plays. He missed as many plays as the recievers missed passes that were right in their hands. Yes he did have a few errant passes, but then again he was also running for his life because the o-line and other blockers couldn’t do their jobs. I am not only speaking as a fan, but also as an observer. It was obvious hte Panthers wanted this game more, or at least the D-line, because they just ran over our o-line abd completely shut down the run game, hence 43 yards. But I guess that is on Skelton. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was benched for Bartel next week against the Cowboys!!

17. By Rodgerscromartie17 on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Darren, why does Whiz continue to just pass pass pass, when the pass is not working? Were was the run game all day?

18. By TucsonTim on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Whiz – The players made too many mistakes and they failed to execute the game plan. We had a really good week of practice. I know our fans are disappointed but I have confidence that we can continue to play really poorly but still return large profits for the Bidwills. That’s why I got an extension isn’t it?

19. By TucsonTim on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Doucet –

Think a little more about catching the ball and proper blocking technique and a little less about being the emergency QB

20. By ken cadena on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Well its official we are the worst team in the NFL. Fire everybody.

21. By SteveDCO on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Duece, Faneca and Sendalin all FAs…must resign Duece and Sendalin.

And then the ever looming issue of Fitz’s contract in 2012.

When the Cards went 4-3 today…which LB was left off the field?

22. By brazilian fan on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

for God’s sake whiz… bench Doucet… he’s a walking injury!… put Komar there in the lineup!

23. By Darren Urban on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Rodgerscromartie —

RE: Run game

Ineffective. Panthers were stuffing line, daring Cards to pass.

24. By Darren Urban on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Tucson —

RE: Doucet

And cool it on the cheap shots. I asked Early the QB questions. It’s not like he’s going around telling everyone he’s focused on it.

25. By Darren Urban on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

SteveDCO —

RE: Hightower

He will be restricted. I’d expect him back in 2011.

As for Graves drafting OL high, he said that once, yes. As for draft, I think LB/pass rusher and QB have to be the highest priorities.

26. By Bill on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

Kind of question why you sit Gabe Watson when you;re going up against known running team with a big-back that likes to run between the tackles. Especially since they started playing with 4 down lineman (which I like).

27. By TucsonTim on Dec 19, 2010 | Reply

OK, so Doucet wasn’t the only offensive player to let Skelton down today, but for the guy who was supposed to replace Q I think he has fallen short by more than a little.

28. By Lone-Eagle on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

In as much as I hate to say it, I was right!! I was just wrong about the particular games, I expected us to lose to Denver and beat the Panthers!! I believe if we play the way we did today, The Cowboys whom have found life after Wade Phillips will embarrass us on national tv with the way thay are playing. Then we get to go to San Francisco and get beat by the 9ers!! The cards will finish 4-12 this year!! My guess is that we will be lucky to keep Fitz beyond his contract!! I sit here at my keyboard laughing about how Doucet was supposed to replace Boldin!! I have yet to see the resemblence even close!! though it’s no guarantee, the Ravens have a far better chance of making the play-offs than we do, oh never mind, we don’t have that chance!! I will be glad when this season is over. I look forward to seeing what the organization will do next year, I hope!! depends on the CBA!!

29. By johnnybluenose on Dec 20, 2010 | Reply

Lone-Eagle, i for one am not looking forward to what this organization will do next year. i suspect it will be a lot like this year. we have fallen a long, long way and it will be a long, long time before we climb back up. that’s the truth.

30. By Nona Mills on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Darren – Looking at a list of contracts for AZ it had Hightower becoming a FA in 2011? Is this correct? If so have their been talks about resigning him? I would hae to loose him even with the funble issues. Looks like there are a lot of FAs in 2011. 15 and 80..don’t see Doucet coming back with his drop and durability issues. Roberts or a draft pick will be #3 nexy year. Duece, Faneca and Sendalin all FAs…must resign Duece and Sendalin. And then the ever looming issue of Fitz’s contract in 2012. Watching Skelton the last two weeks, I hope Graves signs a FA QB like Hasselback and lets Skelton develop into the player we see glimpses of in each game. He looks so relaxed throwing the ball, once he makes the right reads he is going to make so great decisions. I believe you reported that Graves doesn’t like drafting OL high. Is this correct? If so, I’m guessing OLB, TE, WR, OL in the 2011 draft. Porter just doesn’t look like he has the energy to go the entire game. When the Cards went 4-3 today…which LB was left off the field?

31. By Darren Urban on Dec 22, 2010 | Reply

Nona —

RE: Hightower/LBs

Hightower is scheduled to be a restricted free agent. He will be back in 2011. As for who was left off, I’d have to watch the tape. I do not recall.