After a day off yesterday thanks to the Saturday game, coach Ken Whisenhunt officially had his “day-after” press conference today. Nothing earth shattering.
– TE Ben Patrick has a hamstring injury. The Cards are waiting to see how LB Joey Porter and RB LaRod Stephens-Howling are this week.
– DB coach Donnie Henderson is feeling better and back to work after fainting while driving in to the parking lot Saturday before the game. They still aren’t sure what happened, but Henderson is OK.
– The use of four down linemen on defense is mostly due to injury at linebacker. Whisenhunt wants to be able to use it, especially against the run. But it terms of flipping the scheme and becoming a 4-3 team long-term, it’s not a consideration.
– Whiz said you need to be “careful” about telling a young QB where to throw the ball, RE the lack of catches for Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston. The Cards use a read-progression for their passing game, and deviating from that too much to force the ball to one place or another would hurt the offense more than help, Whisenhunt said.
– Whiz believes John Skelton’s accuracy will improve over time as he gains experience. It’s not a mechanical issue, he said.
Tags: Ben Patrick, Donnie Henderson, Joey Porter, John Skelton, Ken Whisenhunt, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Breaston
Posted in Blog | 43 Comments »