Of course, the wish was that the Cardinals would still be playing right now. Then they would still be compiling plays, and we wouldn’t be able to put together a final list of Play Of The Year nominees.
But the season is over. So our crack staff here at azcardinals.com and in the multi-talented broadcast department came up with seven nominees for the Play Of The Year. So you can vote below to make a choice. I am sure there will be those that think we are forgetting one or two, but here was our list — in no particular order — based on not only the play but the context of the play (with video right here):
- The St. Louis Strip — Steve Breaston hustles down the field after a lost fumble to create one of his own, saving a touchdown and saving a win against the Rams.
- He Took It To The House — The Hyphen, LaRod Stephens-Howling, returns a kickoff for a touchdown against the Raiders and wins a house for a fan.
- Rhodes Map To Paydirt — Kerry Rhodes picks up a fumble to score the go-ahead TD in the big win against the Saints.
- Feelin’ Good — Kicker Jay Feely runs in a fake field goal for a touchdown against the Broncos.
- Mile ‘High” Run — Tim Hightower breaks out a 35-yard TD run for the exclamation point on a win and his biggest game as a pro.
- First Of Many? — John Skelton’s first NFL TD pass is a doozy — 74 yards to Andre Roberts against Dallas.
- Christmas Present — Feely boots the game-winning field goal against the Cowboys to cap a very merry Christmas.
All the plays can be seen right here in this video. Again, please vote. Have your friends vote. Have your dog vote. It’s your duty as an American.
Tags: Andre Roberts, Jay Feely, John Skelton, Kerry Rhodes, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Steve Breaston, Tim Hightower
Posted in Blog | 40 Comments »