Super comments from Whiz about DC/QB

Posted by Darren Urban on February 4, 2011 – 2:17 pm

Coach Ken Whisenhunt is at the Super Bowl doing the rounds at the media center in Texas. I am not there. Kent Somers is among those who is (and Mike Jurecki informed me a two-segment Whiz interview will air today on XTRA 910 starting at 4:30 p.m.). Kent blogged about a few topics Whiz touched on. The most pressing:

– On the defensive coordinator search: The Cardinals will begin asking for permission for coaches either later Monday night or Tuesday morning. Whisenhunt told both the print reporters and radio that he remembers getting back from the difficult loss in Tampa at Super Bowl 43 and already having a message from the Chiefs looking for permission to talk to Todd Haley. That resonated, and he’d rather not put a coach in a similar situation. That said, the process isn’t going to be dragged out (and at this point, I wouldn’t think it would be).

– On finding a quarterback: Meetings are already going on to discuss options, with the idea the labor issues will be resolved by the first couple days in March and free agency/trades will proceed as normally scheduled. If not, the Cards will be forced to adjust. Clearly, Whisenhunt is looking at both veterans and through the draft to address the position. Which only makes sense.

Whisenhunt did not rule out starting a rookie quarterback next season.

Tags: ,

98 Responses to “Super comments from Whiz about DC/QB”

1. By Card 26 on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha! Draft a QB in the 1st and they will play! Especially when you have no choice. Okay, well, let’s hope for at least a 8-8. 5-11 is realistic but, since this really ISN’T a bad team, anything above that is an improvement.

2. By Jerome on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

Please dont draft a QB, sign a veteran instead. Skelton has the potential to be a stud, he just needs some good veteran leadership that doesnt come from Derrick Anderson. Use the draft to fix the O-Line!!!!!! AND FOR CRYNG OUTLOUD, BRING IN LABEAU!!!

3. By joe67 on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

I still hope they don’t draft a qb in the 1st rd. A vereran is our best chance to a) win now, b) keep Fitz c) give skelton time to mature and develope, unless they don’t think he is the future.
    We still need def help, and supposedly could get some with a 5

4. By azcards24 on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

darren not sure if you (as a repoter) are allowed to have an opion but if you do who would you like see throwin the ball for the cards next year. verteran -wise especially.

5. By bluepitt on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

“Whisenhunt told both the print reporters and radio that he remembers getting back from the difficult loss in Tampa at Super Bowl 43 and already having a message from the Chiefs looking for permission to talk to Todd Haley. . That resonated, and he’d rather not put a coach in a similar situation. That said, the process isn’t going to be dragged out (and at this point, I wouldn’t think it would be).”

HAHAHA looks like KC was ready for a Winner!! They made the playoffs.. Our fans pay top dollar to see the Dirty Birds Play, He needs to be on the phone leving messages as the game is being played!! We dont care how a Millionare Coach feels we want A WINNNNNER!!!!

6. By Darren Urban on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

azcards24 –

RE: Opinion

I guess an opinion like that is always harder for me, because I usually am looking at what will probably happen, rather than what I’d want to have happen. Seems a waste of time for me.

Bulger seems like a legitimate option. I’ve always had (long before this year or even before I left newspapers) questions about McNabb. I’d like to investigate a Kolb trade, but I’d be very wary of overpaying.

7. By brad oneill on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

daren-they left you out of the pro bowl, and now they are leaving you out of the super bowl. its a wonder you don’t chuck your computer out the window and go work at Mcdonalds. oh wait they wont send you anywhere either. at least you dont have to host a show outside like jaws did in dallas the other night he looked really cold.

8. By Chris Lewis on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

I don’t think the Cards should draft a QB. Skelton and Hall both have lots of promise. I say we get red of DA (which I won’t say what I think the DA should stand for) and keep Skelton and Hall for the future. We need to draft mainly defense. We need serious help on D, especially at defensive end/tackle, also linebacker. As for a starting QB, go to free agency. McNabb and Young are both available. I think either one of those guys would be a vast improvement over last season. Anybody agree with me?

9. By Paddock on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

I’m Just not sold on Buldger, It seems we think just because he replaced Warner in St.Louis that he is going to be the second coming in AZ. My first call would be to Cincy and try to put a deal together for Palmer. Palmer is a good QB stuck with a team that has a ton of bad attitude and a coaching staff that has no control on the team. For the most part the Cardinals still have some very good team leaders and i think Carson would fit in fine, not to mention he would be useful to the team a lot longer than Buldger or McNabb. Go Card’s get it done!!!!!

10. By Brett Groener on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

Wiz get us a quarterback please!

11. By chad anderson on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

I think Bulger is our best option! We dont have to give up a draft pick and he will be cheaper! Leaving room to go after 2 good O-Linemen from Atlanta, there right side! With, (Tyson Clabo, OT, Falcons. Age: 29. and Harvey Dahl, G, Falcons. Age: 30.) We should go after Kevin Boss, TE, Giants. Age: 27. too! Re-sign Fanaca with putting Boss on the left next to Levi Brown, I think we will have a solid line. Boss is the best blocking tight end in the game with good redzone hands! Keep the free agents we go after on the Offencive side of the ball and draft heavy on the D-side!

12. By chad anderson on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

DONT DRAFT A QB PLEASE!

13. By chad anderson on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

I think the coach Wiz wants to get is Keith Butler
    Linebackers Coach from the Steelers.
    He has been there for 8years! He is who we want!

14. By NJAzCardsFan on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

QB Options:
    Kolb
    Orton
    Bulger
    Hasselback- a long shot- maybe….
    in that order.

The Cards are in a good postion for a trade with the number 5 pick. They could swap 1st round spots with a team and maybe throw in a 6 or 7 round pick.
    I hope they draft Von Miller and get a QB in a trade.

What are the chances that Whiz will hire a OC?? Slim or Mome?? Also, do you think Breaston will stay???

15. By WVcardsFan on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

“Whisenhunt told both the print reporters and radio that he remembers getting back from the difficult loss in Tampa at Super Bowl 43 and already having a message from the Chiefs looking for permission to talk to Todd Haley.”

Um. This makes no sense. The Chiefs would not have needed to ask for permission, since Haley was being interviewed for the Head Coaching position. But I assume Somers was too busy thinking about where he was going for lunch to ask an intelligent follow-up question. As always, if you want competent Cardinals news, especially of the “breaking news” variety, stick with Urban or Sando.

16. By Ellis on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

I don’t think Kenny will draft a QB in the first round. I personally think we will go after Kolb and Bulger. I wonder if the Eagles will take a 2nd round pick this year and a 2nd next year. Bulger is a must though in my eyes he has been healing for a year and he can run this team because his skills are similar to Kurt. People really don’t know about football that’s why they say draft this guy and add this guy to the DC. Ken really can’t go wrong with the DC, because he wants guys that know how Labeau runs the defense. I just don’t believe in out offensive line, they seem too soft. So when i read that Fitz said Buffalo could win the divison I wasn’t shocked at all, they are more physical then we are plan and simple. Its like we have a jv line from high school. I love my team but i will always tell it how i see it. Lets see the defensive i love em, but i think we really need to pick up Drayton Florence from free agency before Buffalo resigns him or even Johnathan Joseph or maybe Eric Wright because i know we can’t get Lito Sheppard. Spend the money and see the team turn around. But i really think we should draft Von Miller, our defesive would be unreal if we get Butler to run it. He can develop the LB’s into some beast! I still think Wilson has lost a step but he is still a beast. But the deference between this team and others are they don’t like to tackle. They throw shoulders instead of wrapping up. We do need depth at every position. I see why Kenny wants Steeler coaches because they know talent and how to develop players. He wants to build a dynasty here, so he wants to being that culture here. Resigning Fitz, Graham, and also Breaston. I wouldn’t mind adding that Wr from houston Jacoby Jones he’s a beast. Let Hightower go he dances too much and he thinks that he is still in college, and Doucet we don’t need him at all he is Mr. Drops. I think we should go after Michael Bush to let Wells know that nothing is given to him and make him stop whining about carries and hold on to the ball. I wonder would they spend money on Zach Miller or Kevin Boss at the TE position. Bring in Mario Henderson and Jonathan Scott, Marshal Yanda for the tackle concerns. Go ahead bring back Deuce and try to get Richie Incognito to sure up the G positions. We are just missing those main positions and if we can get a better back up for Wilson in the secondary we could be much better. We could be a major beast in the NFC if the players would take the determination of Fitz and install that into their minds. Like rite now instead of twittering get to working out and studying film. People mite disagree but o well i believe they need to bring in hungry people for a ring instead of a paycheck!

17. By John the draft guy on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

Think of the 2 Superbowl QB’s’ ….
    We pick Fitz over Big Ben and Antrel Rolle over Rodgers.
    Not taking a QB could really hurts us.

Rookie of the year is Bradford, we saw Ryan, Flacco and Sanchez all play well as rookies. Starting a rookie QB is not as bad as it once was.QB is the logical choice.

On the other hand, are Gabbert, Mallott, or Locker the real deals? Besides, we really need a passrusher.
    Bulger makes sense and helps us today.
    Tough choice for Whiz either way.

So, Darren, How much do you feel free agency will effect this decision?
    i.e. If we land Bulger and say a pass rusher like Woodley, Do you consider drafting the QB with the first round pick? But you don’t land Woodley, you sign Bulger , Do you go with an outside LB like Miller in the first and maybe look at a QB in the second or third? Or do you think regardless of free agency, Whiz will go or not go QB on the way he feels about those QB’s?

18. By carlo7000 on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

was not the last when qwe signed a veteran and we suck all the year..with our qb quarterback we had this record 2/2 so maybe with skelton we could bwin our division..i didnt mention max hall because i think is not a football player

19. By Pheenic Cromartie on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

My opinion:

Kevin Kolb: Not if we have to give up two 1st round picks for him. I’m a huge fan of trading for him, but it’s definitely not worth that. I’m sure we can work out a great steal for him, as the Eagles plan on franchising Michael Vick.

Carson Palmer: He’s probably not going to leave Cincinnati, but if he does, he might be a good option to look into.

Donovan McNabb: I honestly don’t know why the Cardinals aren’t interested in him. He’s the same age as Marc Bulger, still has some years left in him, and lives in Chandler. But, I guess I’ll move on.

Marc Bulger: He’s had a year to recover from his injuries, so he’s be a good (Low-cost) option to look into.

Peyton Manning: Hey, he’s a FA, so what the heck, I’ll include him in here. What we could offer him is one of the best WR’s in the game to throw to (Fitz), a good WR corp outside of Fitz, a talented Defense, and a division he can win every season. But don’t insult me for having too high hopes. I’m just having a little fun with this one.

Basically, if we can get a great deal for Kevin Kolb, I say go for him. If we have a chance at Peyton Manning, heck yeah! All in all, I trust that the FO/Coaching Staff will make the right decision, and not only with the QB situation.

I’m hoping that they solve the CBA dispute immediately. I don’t want to miss out on an NFL season, especially with the chance to see a new QB in action.

20. By cardsalltheway on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

Ken W.’s 180 on playing rookies. Wow, just wow. I thought he doesn’t start rookies. Maybe he’s just trying to trick John S. into thinking he’ll have a little competition. I think Ken W. has many battles within on his publicly stated do’s and don’t’s. This(rookie as competition) might cause John S. to become lazy and Ken W. to dislike his approach or whatever and then release him after 2 preseason games(1 preseason game if the season consists of 18). Or is this Ken W.’s 1st step in not naming “Our Guy,” this year which would be a good thing since he’d basically be jixing “Our Guy” if he did.

21. By Canadian Red Bird on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

Re: Defensive Coordinator:

With Butler still under contract and a suitor seemingly needing permission to speak to him; it seems that the most prudent thing to do would be to wait until the Super Bowl ends. By trying to rush the process would only lessen are chance of even getting our foot in the door. What Whiz is doing is what should be done; show some respect and let Butler concentrate on the big game; then follow up mid week. Butler and Horton know that the Cards are interested; the letter or phone call to the Steelers wont come as a surprise.To the Card fans that are so eager for something to happen; sit back, have a few bubblies and enjoy the game.
    As for the quarterback situation, how can someone in their right mind suggest that life will be better with Marc Bulger. This move has got deja vu Derek Anderson written all over it. Patience is a virtue, things will start to unfold once the new CBA talks/ contract is finalized. Put some trust in the Whizenator!!!!!
    Draft suggestions – get the guy who is going to be able to bring the most heat on the opposing quarterback and if we are in position to do so; draft the guy. I think Suggs was a #5 – #7 that we could of had that we opted to trade down. Its not that we didnt know what he was capable of with him playing at ASU ; the guy led the nation in sacks that year. How good would he look in our line up.
    Enjoy the Super Bowl bird fans; we’ll be back to the big dance in 2 or 3 years. Go Cards!!!!!!!

22. By AndyStandsUp on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

By the time a rookie QB learned the system and became comfortable, both Fitz and Whiz could be gone. (Gabbert is no Sam Bradford.)
    Even though this quote comes from one of my favorite movies, ‘Donnie Darko’, it’s very appro for NFL fans.
    ” 28 days… 6 hours… 42 minutes… 12 seconds. The world…will come…to an end.”

23. By Robert A. Booey on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

We don’t need another rookie QB experiment next season. We need a couple of veterans (not UFL backups or undrafted free agents)to come in, compete, and push and provide a positive role model for Skelton.

If the Cards go after another rookie QB, it’s basically going to be an admission that they are not going to compete for the division again. There is no QB in the draft that is going to provide the impact of a Sam Bradford this year.

24. By Darren Urban on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

WVcards –

RE: Haley

You still have to ask for permission for a coach under contract. It cannot be denied. But you still have to go through the process.

25. By Darren Urban on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

John the draft guy –

RE: Draft

I dont draft a QB unless I believe there is one worthy at No. 5, regardless of who I have signed (and with a work stoppage, there is a real possibility FA could come after the draft this year).

26. By hardcore cards fan on Feb 4, 2011 | Reply

i THINK THIS YEAR WE WILL BE BACK ON TRACK AS LONG AS WE KEEP FITZ AROUND, GET A GOOD VETERAN QB, AND DRAFT FOR OUR DEFENSE WE COULD REALLY USE HELP STOPPING THE RUN. IM SURE COACH WHIZ WILL GET IT TOGETHER AND GET US BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL.

27. By Mike Ellingboe on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

@Chris Lewis,

I hear what you’re saying, but no, I don’t agree with you. I’m not saying you, because you didn’t mention him, but to those who keep saying that Gabbert is no Bradford and that taking a QB would be a mistake need to explain themselves. Physically he matches up to anyone, if anything I’d say he’s got even more ability than Bradford, and he’s not a one read then run spread QB. My biggest concern with him is that he’s either gone before we pick, or that we bypass him and miss out on another impact skill player. However, hearing the Whiz say he wouldn’t rule out playing a rookie leads me to believe they’re looking in his direction as well.

I’m sure McNabb and Young would be an upgrade over DA, for what it’s worth, but I don’t see either as a viable solution to our problem at QB. We can talk all we want about Pitt’s stability at head coach, their defense, ownership, run game, etc., and it’s all completely valid when it comes to explaining their remarkable run over the past five decades. However, even with all that when they’ve hoisted Lombardi’s trophy it’s been with two early first round franchise QB’s. We have a legit opportunity at one this year and as I’ve mentioned a time or two before, it would be too short-sighted to overlook it.

28. By Card 26 on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

From what I’ve heard and read, there aren’t any names are out that leap out at you. And if there were there’s STILL no guarantee that they are ging to light up when the season begins. I just shake my head at the futility.

With all the hype of a DC, maybe there should be a concern about a really good QB coach. Someone that can develop talent because I’m starting to get a bad feeling. While granted Coach WHiz is good HC, I’m becoming fearful that unless a QB is dropped into his lap, he’s not going to know what to do with it. Ditka was the same way. He said he was a QB coach but, ha! right.

29. By Darrel on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

wow I can’t beilve people still want max hall that I amazed by that and if u think skleton will ever win a superbowl shoot me right now skelton will be good back up just not a starter to me … cam newton is our guy he’s a winner period … and people can say chatracter issues…. go you tube cam newton metor kids…. he has star power sumthin that you can’t teach and few people have it .. who the hell is yo gaba gabert lol umm ill pass I hate when the experts. Say he’s the most nfl ready qb .. so what happen to jimmy cluasen , brady quinn davidCarr leinart if guy has talent then so be it .. but don’t sit here and tell me gabbert will better the cam newton. I don’t buy it …I thinkafter the combine cam be will top 7 pick…

30. By Jesse Robles on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

VON MILLER!!

VET QB!!!

31. By hebrew on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Kevin Kolb is unproven. He has done absolutely nothing!!! His stats? Lots of players have the look, style, and grace in practice ,but that does not make them a force on the field!!! If he is so good, why would the Eagles want to trade him?
    Every contender need a good back up, and that is why the Eagles are trying to get something for him. They know that he is not worth ” JACK”!!!!!
    The Cardinals need a proven veteran QB, and two offensive tackles to protect him!

32. By cardiac cardinals on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

FFF!

33. By stantheman on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Any word on an OC?

34. By Blaxabbath on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Is Vince Young off the table? I ask more out of curiosity than hope.

35. By Card-Eagle on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

How are you doing today? First let me say I decide to change things up a little on my screen name, Felt it was appropriate. Now let me get to more important issues. Your recent article, “Missing that Super feeling”, I must say it is not just the players, I think I speak for all Cardinal nation when I say this Super is very difficult to deal with considering what was said in your article that just 2 short years ago that it was the Cards and the Steelers and now they are back and the team sits here with a whopping 5 wins and at the bottom of the division. I am a players fan as well as a Cards fan. I believe I have voiced my dislike for the Steelers loud and clear, especially for one Ben Roethisberger! I guess if you are coached to say the right things, all is forgiven! what is really sad is if God forbid they win this thing on Sunday, all will be forgotten about those two women and the discussion will be is he a hall of famer? On the field, regretably maybe, depending on the rest of his career? As a person, HELL NO!!!! I do however like and have respect for Troy Palomalu, and only wish we had someone like him on our defense, not to yake anthing away from A-Dub, because no one hits like A-Dub! I just like Troy’s speed and versatility as well as his timing. The odds of him ever leaving Pittsburgh are as good as me winning the Power-Ball tonight! Any way back to the article. I am not sure if it was suposed to sound the way I read it, but it sounded to me like Haggans was critisizing the team for not playing up to par and losing so many games that should have been won. As I look back at the schedule, those games were lost as a team. The offense couldn’t put up any points and the defense couldn’t stop anyone, and those were the games in our division! The niners manhandled us, the Seahawks took care of business and the Rams made up for the season opening loss. The only teams we were close to beating weren’t even in the division and we lost those games because of poor defense, kinda like Super Bowl! !! Everyone on that team, from the coaches to the players are responsible for this season, and all the fans did was come out and support! I have to agree with Breaston, it is very difficult to watch Sports Center or the NFL Network and not cringe and think about how close we were two years ago! Yes I keep saying we as if I was apart of the team, but here is how I see it, I have a ton of Cardinal memorabilia, Cardinal hats. A Boldin Jersey autentic and a Beanie Wells jersey authentic as well as I have not missed a game on TV!! Unfortunatley being a full time student and being unemployed with a wife and son, I cannot afford to not only get a ticket to the game, but the drive up there as well, and now that my son has been diagnosed with Terret’s Syndrome, I really don’t dare leave his side. So I will continue to watch the games on TV and faithfully root for the Cards every week, but I will not accept a player of Haggans caliber to come out and say what he said!! Now if I misunderstood the article, I am sorry, but itsounded alot like throwing blame. I really hope the owners and the players work this mess out, because if they don’t, the only true losers are the fans, and I think I speak for all of us!!

36. By carlo7000 on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

the last year we signed a veteran and we suck
    then we played with a rookie but he was undrafted rookie but we cant considere him a ,rookie because max hall is not even a football player
    after that mess we start a real rookie player(skelton) and with him we had a score like 2 win 2 loses so maybe with him we could be in the race for playoff
    maybe a rookie in the next season can give us better chance to win then signign an unproven veteran(kolb orton bulger ..are winners???)
    the coach wanna have a winner in this team..and maybe is more probably to find a winner in a rookie class..what do you think mister urban???

37. By Scott H on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Darren -

Just wanted to say thanks for the “Missing That Super Feeling Article.” Man, you said it. It is such a downer that the Cardinals were not in the playoffs this year. While I think the title game win over the Eagles may rank as the greatest day of my life as a Fan of this team, there was nothing like that two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl when the Cardinals were at the center of the sports world universe. Despite them losing that game in heart-breaking fashion, I will never forget that day and how proud I was to be a Cardinals fan. For that reason, yeah, it’s hard to watch two teams that we’ve battled in the playoffs the past few years getting ready for this game while we’re nowhere to be found.

On a positive note, did you ( or anyone else ) see the program that recently ran on NFL Network that ranked the Cards-Steelers SB as the greatest Super Bowl of all time??? That really makes me feel good, I must say. Everyone expects the Steelers to be great because of their history. But IMHO, that SB was a great because the Cardinals made it a great game. People couldn’t even believe that the Cardinals were there at all…but they showed that they were up to the task of going toe-to-toe with the big, bad Steelers. And they made it a game that if the Steelers wanted, they were gonna have to take it from the Cardinals. Ultimately, they did, and they deserved to walk away as winners. But…they knew that they had been danced with, that’s for sure.

38. By Chris Lewis on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Mark Bulger? Really? We want to get better next season, not the same or worse. We have to get a really good veteran QB, not an okay QB or another rookie. We’re not a rebuilding team, we just need a few missing pieces to get back to where we were a couple years ago.

39. By PSKnapp on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

I expect Locker or Mallett could be available in the second, so that’s a possibility, but without a sure thing available (Gabbert isn’t), use the first for a difference maker on defense. There are some others with potential (not to start day 1, but as developmental prospects in case Skelton doesn’t progress) – Dalton (TCU), Kaepernick (Nevada), Ponder (FSU), Stanzi (Iowa). Kolb for our 2nd would be worth it (not first, though).

40. By cardfan6 on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

if they sign a vet and want skelton to be there future guy it better be a backup because he has already proved he is much better in a game than in practice when he got demoted to an undrafted player. i think the longer he rides the bench the worse it will be for him.

41. By Darren Urban on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Carlo7000 –

RE: QB choice

I think they need a veteran even if they have a rookie. And to say a QB is a “winner” … that’s a nebulous thing.

42. By Darren Urban on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Scott H –

RE: SB ranking

I did see it. I considered blogging about it. But I decided I didn’t want to pick at the scab.

43. By Darren Urban on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Chris Lewis –

RE: Bulger

OK, so who is the “really good veteran QB” you speak of? Because I don’t see anyone that could be available that doesn’t have question marks, whether it’s Bulger or Kolb or McNabb or whomever.

44. By Andrew Pardue on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

NO DO NOT SIGN A QB!!!!! John Skelton is a great QB he just needs a better O-LINE if we get that the cardinals r in great shape 4 next season. Becuase John is really good he just needs a better chance 2 prove himself.

45. By Andrew Pardue on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

what do you think darren urban

46. By Darren Urban on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Andrew –

RE: Skelton

I think you’re lucky I posted your comment with the language I took out. Keep it clean or don’t bother to post.

47. By Darrel on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Tell me the lastime whiz stared a rookie. And th start of. A season. Dwash only got in becuz hayes went down so for you to say get an impact player With the 5th pick he’s not going to start. Ken whiz is a coach who is set in his ways and starting Rookie defensive player is not his way.. although hell start rookie qb but what other choice did he really have

48. By Darrel on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Lol great right … so you’ll put him up there with brady and big ben ,bress … that’s comical johns ok but far from great or even good rather… but this is. the same guy. Who had his worst game vs the worst team in league But yet a. Great qb … clueless fans really bother me

49. By cheesebeef on Feb 5, 2011 | Reply

Darren, can you give me reasons why you think Bulger could be a good option at QB? He’s been horrendous the last couple years and yes, maybe he had a bad o-line that didn’t help him with the Rams… but wouldn’t he be facing the same exact problem here? i’m seriously at a loss as to why Bulger would be an option for this team to “fix” the QB position. he just seems like the cheapest choice. really confused as to why he’s consistently linked to our radar screen.

50. By frankie Garza on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

I think we should pass on a QB this draft and try and pick up Aj Green …. Our passing game needs alot of help and he would be great on the other side of larry…..

51. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

cheesebeef –

RE: Bulger

I don’t know if he’ll be a good option. But again, any of the veteran options come with warts. Name me one that doesn’t. QBs that don’t have issues aren’t going to be available to get in the first place. Not sure why you think he’d be the cheapest — he made more than $3 million this season.

He’s linked here because he had the reputation as an accurate passer, which Warner was, and Kurt has endorsed him to a point. Does that mean he’ll be Warner Part II? I wouldn’t think so, but again, who would you choose?

52. By latch on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

53. By cheesebeef on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

Darren, I understand that most QBs on the FA market are going to have warts, but i don’t think there’s any doubt that Bulger has the biggest warts. he’s linked because he’s got a rep of an accurate passer? He was an accurate passer 5 years ago and since 2006, he’s had a passer rating of 70 while completing 57% of his passes with a TD:INT ratio of 27:34…. those numbers aren’t just bad. They’re PATHETIC. Not to mention the fact that he’s lost something like 32 of his last 35 games in which he’s started. He’s looked completely shot for the last four years of his career.

As to “not sure why you’d think he’s be the cheapest”… good god, if we’re considering guys who would be CHEAPER than Bulger, then we’re in for a bigger mess than I even realized. Darren, do you think out of McNabb, Hasselback, Orton, Kolb, that Bulger would garner anywhere NEAR what those guys would? I mean, each one of those guys has at least shown flashes of good play over the last couple years.

I think he’s linked here because this team is never aggressive, often cheap and has fooled themselves into thinking they can do for Bulger what they did for Warner just because they were both Rams. I know that sounds like INCREDIBLY simplistic thinking, but I can’t imagine any other scenario that they’d be interested in an injury prone QB, who’s 3-32 in his last 35 starts while putting up 70 passer ratings, with 56% accuracy and a 27:34 touchdown to interception ratio. The quarterback position needs a bold move and I think the best way to go is to make a deal for a Kolb and hope for the best. Is it a boom or bust type decision? probably because you’re probably trading a somewhat high 2nd rounder at least to get him and in doing so, probably need to give him a couple years as your starter, but if he was good enough for a QB guru like Andy Reid to stake his job on before the season last year, he’s good enough for me to take the risk on. Otherwise, take a shot at signing Hasselback, who at times still looked like a very good QB this year, not to mention he’s a natural leader, who’s played on title contenders in the past. Those are two options, but they ain’t gonna come cheap but cheap what got us to this point in the first place last year and we saw how that worked out.

I mean, if the team is looking for a band-aid… fine… I think it’s a disasterous move that will send Fitz running to NE Patriots or someone else who shows they care about winning, but for the love of god, at least get a real band-aid, not a piece of tissue paper which is what Bulger is. People on national radio were LAUGHING when they brought that piece of news up as Derek Anderson’s replacement for the Cardinals and i don’t blame them because that solution is a joke.

54. By Blair on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

What question marks does kolb have? That he can’t out play vick? (No suprise there, vicks a beast) or are you talking about his concussion?

55. By Scott H on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

Jerome -

How are the Cardinals supposed to “get” Lebeau??? He said that if he is coaching next year, he is coaching in Pittsburgh. How is that not clear? What are the Cardinals supposed to do to “get” him? Throw a bag over his head, knock him out with a shovel, throw him in the trunk, and not let him out until he agrees to be our DC? One more time – the man is not leaving Pittsburgh, per his own statements. Man, it pisses me off when people don’t pay attention…

Chris Lewis -

While I would not want either Young OR McNabb, I think you have to think about what you want their role to be here before you suggest bringing them here. If you see either one of them as a vet QB who can be our guy for the next several years, OK. But if you think either of them is going to be content to just keep the seat warm for the young QB who is being groomed to come in as soon as he is ready…I don’t think so. Because I don’t think either of THEM are going to be content to do that. I think Mcnabb and Young see themselves as starting QB’s who have plenty of good years left in them, especially Young. They are going to want to be in situations where they are THE guy and there is no heir apparent rookie QB warming up on the sidelines. If any of that makes sense, that’s why a guy like Bulger might make more sense for the Cardinals IF they are going to be grooming a young QB. My two cents…

I think people also have to keep the salary cap in mind when throwing the names McNabb and Young around. These guys are still regarded as top QB’s in this league and they ain’t gonna come cheap. Again, IF the team is going to be grooming a young QB for the immediate future…paying a bundle for Young or McNabb doesn’t really make sense.

56. By Chuck 1 on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

For those Cards fans who think that Whiz will be able to hire Butler to be the DC, good luck.
    There is no way that the Steelers will permit the Cards to interview Butler.
    They MIGHT allow the Cards to interview the Secondary coach. He is not the Steelers DC-in-waiting as Butler is.
    Anyway, I don’t believe that the Steeler Front Office has any love lost for Whiz.

57. By Mike Ellingboe on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

@Darrel,

The last time we started a rookie at the beginning of a season, I believe, was in 2007 when we picked at #5. While I agree that most coaches (including the Whiz) prefer not to start rookies DRC did end up starting the second half of his rookie year and as you noted, for various reasons, other rookies have seen significant playing time under his watch.

I think we’ll get an impact player this year as well, but they’ll need to navigate the mine fields very carefully.

58. By Dynasty on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

Hopefully, this is how it plays out for the Cards – 1)Butler in as DC, 2)Trade for Orton, 3)Peterson, Green, or Bowers as first round pick (preference in that order). Why Orton? He will be 28 yrs old when the season starts in 2011 which gives the Cards the potential of having a solid QB for 6-8 yrs, Orton has proven he can put up big throwing numbers in an extremely complex offensive scheme (Josh McDaniel’s system) with a very poor offensive line and no defensive help, and could come to the Cards at a reasonable price (give up a 3rd round or at most 2nd round pick). If we can make a few great draft picks on defense and shore up the O-line we could immediately be in the division hunt. Let’s face it, I think we all know Fitz will not be around long if he doesn’t see a QB that can turn the offense around. Orton could do that immediately.

59. By Chris Lewis on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

Well, Darren, to your response regarding QB, there are some quality QBs to be had. I mean, anybody’s an upgrade over DA or the rookies we tried last year. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not fair to throw Hall or Skelton in there and expect them to be Peyton Manning, but they need to develop. In the meantime, I truly believe McNabb still has some good years ahead of him, and if you put him on a decent team with some talent, I think he can take the Cards to the Super Bowl. Also, I realize Vince Young is a head case sometimes, but he’s still young and has a lot of upside. Carson Palmer would be nice to get, but I don’t think he’s going anywhere. I’m not sure about Kolb. I haven’t seen him play too much. I just think drafting a QB in the high rounds is a mistake. You and I both know we need serious help on defense. If we get an above average QB through FA and draft some quality defensive guys, I think we’re on the right track. I really believe we’re not that far off from getting back to being a championship caliber team. I would appreciate any feedback from you Darren, or any other Cards fans.

60. By Keith on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

I guess I’m the only one that thinks Alex Smith would be a good option. Anderson is not.
    I rather not see a qb in the first round. Von miller, Bowers, Peterson or Green would be sweet in the first round. Need a OT in the 2nd or 3rd round. And I agree Zach Miller signing would be ideal. But Spaeth and others may also be available. All better than what we have and probably what we can get in the draft this year for a TE.
    Probably should get another WR early on. Doucet is good, but he’s hurt a lot. Love Breaston and Fitz, but you never about management. This year is deep in receivers get one and let them learn behind Fitz and Breaston.
    That’s my wish list
    Oh and does anyone know when compensatory picks get anounced? We need to get something for losing Dansby.

61. By tyman on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

Bulger sucks!!! sorry to say. The rams went down hill with him big time, I mean big time. Frig people, we need a proven QB. Say a names like Mcnabb or Vince young or Orton….lots of good not so washed up people out thier. If we are going to say bulger maybe we should add in guys like russel, trade for david carr….like for real. I hope the front office is smarter than some fans. a lot smarter. Anyways lets see who whiz gets as our new DC. I think are D was least of concerns last year but oh well, lets see if it will improve. Hope the players keep training hard during any possible lockout. Thats what could make the difference.

62. By Mark on Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

Hey can we trade Beanie Wells for Kyle Orton, just a thought.

63. By Mark on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

hey darren any word on what nfl.com reported about the cards asking fitz about who they should get for qb? did they really ask him? and was it whiz or management?

64. By DirtybirD on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

The Cardinals should draft Von Miller or Robert Quinn in the 1st RD. The Cardinals need a impact player that can bring a pass rush. As for a QB, the Cardinals should sign….”WHO EVER FITZGERALD WANTS!” “KEEP FITZ IN AZ!” Hey Darren, maybe you can set up a poll and see who the fans want as the AZ CARDINALS QB next season.

65. By Card 26 on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren,

I guess I’m the dummy here! So, could you explain what “winning now” vs. “building for the future” means?

I always thought that “winning now” meant being competetive for a championship for the next year or two whereas, “building for the future” meant sacraficing the next year or two to develop and then being of a championship caliber for the next 10 – 12 years.

If this logic is correct, then when people say want a veteran QB, they want to compete for only next two years or so. Because, as we have just seen in this years Super Bowl with AR, sitting under BF, it still takes about 3 years of actually PLAYING that postion to bonofie that position. (exceptions of BR and TB who drafted to decent teams to begin with and flourished under those systems.)

When people go with a rookie, you’re hoping that you have drafted that star QB of the future. And therefore, in order for him to be a star, he has to play! Period. Thus, you need to believe in your system that things will work out and by year 3, you’ve become perenially playoff presence.

The third option is Kolb or Orton where they young enough to have maybe 3-5+ years of being competeitive but, still, as with MC with the Chiefs, you may need a year to work the bugs out.

So Darren, I’m asking if I’m correct in my thinking and logic here? Because this is where I think the Cards are at and what their options are. (Yes, I’m a Skelton but, I’m also realistic too! Defenses are easier to build than an offenses, especailly offensives lines. So, there’s going to be some waiting anyway.)

That’s what makes the fiasco with ML so devistating! But, that’s the past. Time to move forward. Some think Cam Newton, hmm, eee, Heisman Trophy QB’s, not a good history.

The cat’s buggiing me. Gotta go.

66. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Cheese –

RE: Bulger

Fitz actually is reportedly OK with Bulger (or Kolb).

Again, you are arguing semantics. You could be right. But there is little question the last time Bulger played, he had almost no talent around him. Who knows? I guarantee you Bulger would be short-term if he indeed is brought in. To me, I don’t see much difference between him and Hasselbeck, to be honest.

67. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Blair –

RE: Kolb

Anyone saying they know for sure Kolb is going to be a success in this league is fooling themselves. Might he be? Absolutely. Is he the best prospect out there? Probably. Is he is a lock to be a franchise-type QB? No way.

68. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Chris Lewis –

RE: QB talk

I guess it depends on your definition of “quality.” Can they upgrade from last season? Yep. What does that mean though?

69. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Mark –

RE: Asking Fitz

I plan to write a post about this in a bit.

70. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Card 26 –

RE: “Winning now” vs “building”

There is no such thing. Perhaps the only time you’ll see that is, for example, what Steve Spagnuolo had with the Rams, or Schwartz with the Lions, where you are so far down the hole it’s impossible to climb back up right away and a new coach must be given time.

But in most cases, it’s what have you done for me lately. This team is a great example; a stunning number of people were calling for Whisenhunt’s job after this season. Rebuilding — which basically, to me, is code for “dealing with losses while playing younger players” — isn’t an option. He has to win while plugging in new pieces.

71. By latch on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Surely Whiz will not stake his coaching career on what Fitz wants.Deal the prima donna if hes not a team player and he will probably be about like Q who everyone on this board was the second coming……………….

72. By jocards on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

The more I think about it the more sense bringing in Bulger makes to me. First, as has been stated he is an accurate passer. Second, from what I’ve heard he knows this offense, Jason LaCanfora reports he “knows it inside and out”. He should be healthy after a year of not getting knocked around. Bringing in Kurt Warner came with a lot of questions at the time too….Now the Cards might not strike gold again like they did with Warner but to me it’s worth a $4 million (or whatever it would take to sign him) gamble that he can play. I would love to believe that Skelton is a future franchise QB but there is simply no way anybody can say that for certain. Saying he has a chance to be an adequate NFL QB is as far as I’ll go…and he’ll need to progress to be that. Clearly whether Skelton is our future or not the need to bring in a veteran is there. VY has a lot of baggage, McNabb doesn’t seem to fit well in this offense and is coming off a bad season, not sure if the asking price for Orton or Kolb would be reasonable…Like I said, Bulger makes more and more sense to me. Of course there is the issue of a CBA just sitting there and nothing can happen as far a player movement is concerned until that is resolved and unfortunately I think that might take some time.

73. By latch on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Why has there been no mention of Kevin Greene for DC? Your thoughts?

74. By cheesebeef on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

How exactly am I arguing semantics here? And you see no difference between Bulger and Hasselback… you think Bulger has any game left in him to do to the Saints what Hasselback did? Come on. And Bulger had no talent around him? He was playing with one of the best running backs in football which should have opened up the passing game for him, but he was still horrific.

Instead of just blowing me off with some vague comment about arguing semantics, why don’t you tell me what you’ve seen from Bulger in the last 5 years that would make you think he’s not an awful choice. I’ve provided reasons that I think the other guys have at least show the ability to play in the last five years… heck, they each showed flashes last year. I mean, you question bulger being the cheapest option out there… who amongst the guys I listed do you think will be cheaper than Bulger?

I think yo

75. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Latch –

RE: Kevin Greene

Because he’s not a candidate.

And why would he be? He’s coached two seasons. Period. And just as OLB. There are more qualified candidates.

76. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

cheese –

RE: Bulger

I’m not going to win an argument with you. If they sign Bulger, he could be horrible, sure. What do you want me to tell you? I don’t know if Bulger could have done to the Saints — playing with the Seahawks — that Hasselbeck did. And frankly, neither do you. Bulger didn’t play at all this year. Compare the last couple of years Bulger has played with the last couple Hasselbeck stats. There is barely any difference.

I’m not going to sit and say it’s a great choice. Who do I want? Peyton Manning. He isn’t coming. Maybe Bulger will be cheaper than the guys listed, but what makes you think the QB search is limited to the guys you listed?

You want to beat up on the messenger, fine. You’re not the only one who doesn’t want Bulger of the fans I have heard from. Others do like the idea.

77. By cheesebeef on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

you’re not going to win an argument with me? you haven’t even tried to discuss it. I asked you a simple question: what in the last five years has Bulger showed that makes you believe he should even be an option?

instead of answering that question, you’ve thrown out some stuff about me arguing semantics (sorry if i thought bringing stats and facts into this discussion would be a way to illustrate my point) and then you pull the straw man argument of “who do i want? Peyton Manning. but we’re not going to get him” stuff implying something like i have completely unrealistic expectations of who’s available. i know what’s available and it’s not the prettiest picture. i just can’t for the life of me figure out why we’re considering the ugliest of those pictures and you have yet to provide me with any clue except ancient history as to why we would.

78. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

cheese –

RE: Bulger

And I am telling you, I don’t think Bulger is any worse of an option than Hasselbeck (but you chose to ignore that). I pointed out the stats between the two, (http://www.nfl.com/players/matthasselbeck/profile?id=HAS536799 and http://www.nfl.com/players/marcbulger/profile?id=BUL162264) but you ignored that too. I watched the Rams completely implode while Bulger was there. Was he part of the problem? Yes, just like Hasselbeck was part of the problem in Seattle. Was he the reason they went 3-32 (I am going by your numbers now)? Not the only reason. If you switched Hasselbeck and Bulger on teams, do I think those teams would end up with the same records? Pretty much yes.

You can disagree. That’s fine.

They don’t want McNabb, and I don’t see that changing, even if he becomes a FA. Orton and Kolb would take currency of some form (picks, I assume) in a trade. Bulger is a FA, which is a selling point. They already considered him last year. And, again, Fitzgerald sounds like he’d be on board with the idea of Bulger. I hope I didn’t miss anyone you mentioned.

79. By cheesebeef on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

i didn’t ignore your belief that bulger wasn’t any worse than Hasselbeck. i disagreed with it, by saying that at least hasselbeck has shown glimpses of good-great play over the last three years. and you keep narrowing this discussion to bulger and hasselbeck for some reason. Why?

and i think it’s pretty funny that when i first asked you if you thought Bulger could do against the Saints what Hasselbeck did you said there’s no way of knowing, but now you think you can definitively say that if they switched teams that Hasselbeck would have led the Rams to a 3-32 record and Bulger would have had the same level of success that Matt had in seattle. nice consistency in your argument there.

again, i asked ONE simple question that you refuse to answer. what in the last 5 years have you seen out of bulger that leads you to believe he is in any way shape or form any kind of answer for this team.

80. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Cheese –

RE: One simple answer

Nothing.

Here’s my simple question for you. What have you seen out of Kolb/Orton/McNabb/whoever’s available that leads you to believe they are the answer for the Cards.

81. By Scott H on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

I swear, I just don’t get ANYONE being interested in Hasselbeck…even during his BEST years, the Seahawks went as Shaun Alexander went. Period. Really, where have the Seahawks been since Alexander’s demise? They have NEVER won because of Hasselbeck. And lately, he can’t even stay healthy! What is he going to do here???

82. By Scott H on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Darren -

RE: Your response to Blair, saying that Kolb is not a lock to be a franchise QB…

You’re right. But who is??? No rookie is ever a ‘lock” to be a franchise QB. Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady aren’t available. Beyond that, there is the endless sea of veteran QB’s who all pretty much offer about the same ( except Derek Anderson ). When you look at ALL possible candidates who could be available to the Cardinals this off-season…Kolb is probably as good – and as close to a “lock” – as it gets.

83. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Scott H –

RE: Kolb “lock”

Is he? He’s closer than anyone who will be available. But let’s not confuse being the best of this bunch with his actual potential.

84. By laird on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

what about Carson Palmer for now until Skelton gets primed?

85. By Christo on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Ahhhh please Card Nation do not allow:

1. A QB to drafted this year. What would be the point?
    2. Marc *Washed up* Bulger to be on the roster next year.

Orton, Kolb, McNabb, Palmer, Alex Smith (For the Love of God) would all be better options than Bulger.

If Whiz rolls with a Rookie, he deserves to hit the unemployment line next year.

86. By Scott H on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

Darren -

Exactly! Where Kolb is concerned, I’m not merely looking at him as the best of a bad or mediocre lot. There are no experts on Kevin Kolb because Kolb just hasn’t played enough for anyone to really have a handle on him. BUT…since I live out here in Eagle country, I usually see every Eagles game and I have seen every one of the games in which Kolb has played for them. And I’ll tell ya what…what he has shown in only a few games is pretty darn impressive. I can’t tell you that he IS or WILL DEFINITELY BE a franchise QB. But we know that the Eagles traded away their previous franchise QB because they felt confident that Kolb was their future. At THAT point in time, Vick hadn’t had his chance to explode so Vick was NOT the reason they dumped McNabb. I could go on but…you get the idea. Again, I don’t look at Kolb as simply the best option among a bunch of options that are pretty average. You and I can only look at Kolb in terms of what we think his potential is. And I think his potential is tremendous. I really can’t say that about most other available options.

87. By Scott H on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

latch -

RE: the definition of prima dona.

If the team is asking Fitz for his input, what is he supposed to do – tell them to go pound sand??? If he is being asked for his input, then they must want to hear his input. If Fitz were demanding to have a say in the matter or threatening a trade unless they signed who HE wanted at QB, then we would have a prima dona on our hands. That is not what’s happening. Therefore, Fitz is not a prima dona. I find it funny that Fitz is actually a good enough player to warrant treatment that might be considered by some to be “special”…only to have people turn it around and make him out to be a prima dona type.

88. By Eazy E on Feb 7, 2011 | Reply

McNabb before this year threw 22 tds and only 10 ints in 14 games when he actually had talent, in washington this year, he had the worst supporting cast in the league and that’s why you didn’t see mcnabb’s usual great pro bowl year. McNabb has proven himself a million times over guys like kolb, hasselbeck, bulger, anybody available you wanna mention. Only VY I would mention that I’d like about as much as McNabb as our QB. Kolb, Hasselbeck, Bulger, etc. UGH!!!!!!

89. By Kyle on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Lets not be stupid… GO GET VINCE YOUNG! SPEND THE MONEY ON HIM! LETS NOT BE CHEAP IF WE WANT A SUPER BOWL TEAM WE NEED TO MAKE BIG MOVES JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER TEAMS DO.

90. By Cert 33 on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Some years there simply is no QB coming out of the college ranks capable of being a starting QB in the NFL. 2007 is a good example (cost Oakland 31 mil. in “guaranteed” funds to learn that lesson!), there was only one last year, and I don’t think there are any this year.

91. By BigRedFan on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Ahhhhhh . . . *sigh*

And so the offseason begins!!!!!

I RESPECT Whiz for going with Anderson. It did not work as planned, but it was A RISK that was worth taking. Anderson, when good, is very good. I am impressed that he took the chance at all.

Remember Kurt was considered a washed up nobody has-been when he arrived here. Whiz gave him the shot to do what he does. It was a risk that paid off big time.

This team will get the right guy in there. No worries.

92. By BigRedFan on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Maybe . . . . . .just maybe . . . .

we can send Fitz, Dockett and Mr. Bidwell down to Hattiesburg, FAVRE will wear CARDINAL RED!!!

93. By BigRedFan on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

If only VY could pull a personal turnaround like Vick.

And if only he was a better passer.

And if only he was a free agent with no huge contract attached.

And if only he had a house in AZ like McNabb

That would be cool . . . .

94. By Scott H on Feb 8, 2011 | Reply

Eazy E -

Not really fair to lump Kolb in with those other guys…while those other guys are established and you know what they are, Kolb has yet to really prove himself one way or the other. I can judge those other guys based on what they have done over long careers. Kolb, I can only try to evaluate based on potential and what I think he MIGHT be. For that reason, I think he has the most up-side. Just me…

95. By Cert 33 on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Vince Young will never take anyone to the Super Bowl. He has never even been a starter for an entire season (Lost the job twice to a 40 yr. old veteran). He is the complete opposite of Fitz and Kurt in character, in other words, he has none.

96. By Dick Buroker on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

Please get rid of Derrick Anderson, keep Skelton and try for someone great like McNabb in the meantime. Do you think the Packers would give up Flynn? With a good quarterback the Cardinals are back in the playoffs. This is the number one key to the Cardinals success. Go Red Birds!

97. By Eazy E on Feb 9, 2011 | Reply

I don’t see the fascination with kolb. He’s had some good games and bad games like every other QB.

2. Feb 4, 2011: Tweets that mention Word From the Birds BlogSuper comments from Whiz about DC/QB « -- Topsy.com