Going “All In”

Posted by Darren Urban on March 15, 2011 – 3:00 pm

As we maneuver through the offseason, azcardinals.com is ready to debut Monday (March 21) a new video series. The brainchild of senior director of broadcasting Tim DeLaney, the series is titled “All In — Mission: The 2011 Season.”

As for what it will entail, well, I had Tim write up a little something detailing what’s to come:

– The series will chronicle the offseason for both the team and the cheerleaders as they prepare for the upcoming year.  The first episode follows the cheerleaders on their recent trip to visit U.S. Military Troops in Japan.  In early February, cheer director Heather Karberg and 14 team members embarked on a week-long tour of several bases, just a few weeks before the recent tragic events that have gripped Japan.  “All In” takes you along for the journey as the team experiences a new culture,  and, brings a little bit of home to our service men and women stationed abroad.

The leadership of the Cardinals will be the focus of the first football-related “All In”, debuting March 28th.  President Michael Bidwill, general manager Rod Graves, coach Ken Whisenhunt, and director of player personnel Steve Keim will explain the process of developing an off-season strategy, amongst challenging circumstances, to put the Cardinals back on top of the NFC West.

Look for a new video on azcardinals.com each Monday throughout the offseason. Future episodes will spotlight preparation for the draft, an in-depth look at the scouting staff, and what coaches are up to this time of year.  Future cheerleader episodes will highlight the second half of their trip to Japan and the upcoming tryouts for the 2011 team.

“All In – Mission: The 2011 Season” episodes will also be available for download as a podcast on iTunes by going to the Cardinals Official Podcast homepage at:  http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/arizona-cardinals-podcasts/id333230043

Tags: , , , , ,

24 Responses to “Going “All In””

1. By phoenixraven1 on Mar 15, 2011 | Reply

sounds good

2. By brad oneill on Mar 15, 2011 | Reply

maybe it should have been called all in on a draw? since we really don’t have a made hand yet.
    This sounds like a great idea for a video series, i cant wait.

3. By Chuck 1 on Mar 15, 2011 | Reply

I can only hope that the volume of the videos is higher than the post-game interview volumes of Whiz et al that I’ve heard over the last two years.
    Otherwise, it will be useless.

4. By Kurt on Mar 15, 2011 | Reply

Interesting, would like to see a feature or two on fans

5. By Jamham on Mar 15, 2011 | Reply

Any chance these videos (or any) will be watchable on my iPhone? I rarely sit down at the ‘ol ‘puter anymore

6. By CZarr on Mar 15, 2011 | Reply

Ask Mr. Bidwell where I can get the burgundy jacket/tie he was wearing in the previous post’s picture. Looked pretty boss.

7. By Norwin Cheney on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

how much money well you spend if u guys had a chance to bring kurt warner back?

8. By MattAZ on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren, off topic but I just got done watching your interview with Michael Bidwill on the site. I looked around but couldn’t find: is there an email addy we can send comments to M. Bid? After watching I wanted to throw out some “we’re with you” support. I think it;d be great to let him hear how much the fans are behind his efforts.

9. By McNab's future on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

It sounds fine, but I want the coaches, more than anything else, to evaluate their abilities to evaluate their players

10. By K-DUB on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

Are you too also not allowed to make contact with the players during the lockout? No video interviews for the site?

Also have you heard Schofeild’s rap about this season?

11. By Roy on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

I don’t want to hear anything about Graves, Whisenhunt, and ecspecially the Bidwill’s until they end the lockout. I feel for you Darren, your job is gonna be pretty tough for the next few months. I will see ya when the lockout ends.

12. By Big Al on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

No disrespect meant here Darren, but personally I am compelled to boycott the Cardinal website until an agreement has been reached. It is the only way I can express my frustration at the ongoing billionaire-millionaire money grab. This is not a decision I made lightly. I look forward to the time when an agreement is reached, because you are a valuable source of football info for me. Cheerleaders? Nah, I think I will sit this one out.

13. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

K-Dub –

RE: Players/Schofield

I did listen to OB’s rap. Very cool.

And the rules include team employees, of which I am one.

14. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

MattAz –

RE: Comments to Michael Bidwill

You can send an e-mail to askquestions@cardinals.nfl.net or click here.

15. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

Jamham –

RE: iphone

As noted in the blog above, you can download them on iTunes.

16. By brad oneill on Mar 16, 2011 | Reply

i have to agree with chuck a little bit here. the videos volume for the press conferences is always too low even with my computer volume all the way up i can’t hear the questions. Granted i just have a lap top and dont have an amplified sound system but it can be frustrating.

17. By Mr. Know It All on Mar 17, 2011 | Reply

To quote the Law Firm Hastings and Hastings

“It’s about time”

Reality TV?

“Hard Knocks” Cardinals style ?

“All In”

Get the CBA done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cards are gonna turn the NFC West upside down!!!!!!!

18. By bluepitt on Mar 17, 2011 | Reply

hay D how do you like my post on ESPN to all thoes pro player people..
    here it is
    “Rob….and all pro player people in here…
    hahaha, so split it 50/50 lol so the players get to enjoy the facilities, food, training, coaching, physical training, medical, and on and on… Do you really think the owners are pocketing all the $$$$$???? Nope they are who make the players in to those multi million dollar cash cows! was Larry Fitz and D Docket all that good when they came in to the league? NOPE! The Owners and Staff Made them who they are, with Coaching, Training and Guidance. All of witch was provided by the OWNERS!!! and comes out of all that $ you think they pocket! How about training camp? Down here in Phoenix The Team is moved to Flagstaff and Train there at the expense of the owners! All that bussing the fans up to watch and the Free stuff for your kids to play on, is not paid for by the players but by the OWNERS!!!!! The owners just want to stop the Bleeding on worthless Draft picks. And greedy millionaire players they don’t have a problem raising the league minimum the big buck players don’t want to get their millions cut by the cap if the minimum goes up! Let me ask you this,? When your billionaire player with all those endorsements goes down with a season ending injury, do you think he isn’t paid? Just who do you think takes care of all the bills for surgery, rehab and all while still giving him his MILLIONS! YES YOU GUISED IT, THE OWNERS DO!
    Ok, so the rest of the team, and I do Mean TEAM, is paid peanuts, why not take half of the over paid Larry Fitz 40+ mill and give it to the rest of the TEAM, because with out the TEAM, he would be nothing! How about all the Commercials these Big name athletes do for millions, are the owners asking for HALF because they provided the platform to excel? Oh I know “With out the players there would be no league!” @#$% there will always be players ready to fill those shoes for less and give just the same heart and dedication and with the help of the Owners and all the tools and $ spent on them they will become just as good as the current billionaire players we have now! Who pays all the fees on game day, security, parking attendants, food vendors, trainers and insurance. hahha I can go on and on while the players play a game with no liability what so ever! Oh their health you say, hahaha $16,000.00 a game (league min.) if invested or spent properly, can go a long way toward the future, I work in the construction industry and watch people get disabled and work their body’s in to the dirt for $500.00 a week building your house! what about them? Are the owners of their companies equally at fault as the NFL owners, or they worse? It is called being an OWNER! That is what America is all about, If those players want a piece of the pie, Then they need to save up all those millions and invest or get their own team to OWN! the players say they are “Partners” with the NFL and owners they are NOT they are Employeeees! what horse crap I’m done!”
    And you just knew I hated the owners and staff…lol

19. By Chuck 1 on Mar 17, 2011 | Reply

bluepitt, I couldn’t have written it better myself.

20. By Mr. Know It All on Mar 17, 2011 | Reply

bluepitt saw the Owners books, can I?

21. By bluepitt on Mar 18, 2011 | Reply

I only took a peek at them…lol

22. By john on Mar 18, 2011 | Reply

if the players want to see the books for the last ten years, why don’t the look at the packers. that info is public info.

23. By BDMag on Mar 28, 2011 | Reply

“All In”? Well that exact phrase worked for Auburn’s football program this past season. Actually, it was their motto all year.

They used those two words on T-Shirts, hats, banners, signs and everything else you put it on, beginning with Spring Football back in March 2010. It was everywhere during their week out in Glendale before the National Championship game.

It’s not exactly original, and in fact, I can’t imagine that whoever made the decision to go with that phrase, thought about it before Auburn came out here in January, but all that matters is that it works.

24. By Darren Urban on Mar 29, 2011 | Reply

BDMag –

RE: All In

I’d guess it wasn’t original for Auburn either, so just settle down.