Time to chat

Posted by Darren Urban on March 29, 2011 – 2:18 pm

With NFL talk all about speculation instead of hard news right now, I figure it’s a good time to have a live chat, so tomorrow (Wednesday), we’ll have one at 11:30 a.m. right here at this link. I’ll answer the best I can about whatever you might want to talk about, whether it is draft or free agency (whenever that is) or potential trades (whenever that can happen) or whatever.

Please tune in. I’ll answer as long as we have (reasonable) questions. You can even ask about that quarterback, that guy who is soon to be dumped by a second team in about a year that many keep connecting to the Cards but I might have mentioned won’t be coming. (Well, you can ask. But I am not ruling out sarcasm in the answer.)

Tags: , ,

16 Responses to “Time to chat”

1. By ross on Mar 29, 2011 | Reply

You are the man Darren.

2. By Darren Urban on Mar 29, 2011 | Reply

Ross –

RE: Being the man

Yes I am.

3. By AndyStandsUp on Mar 29, 2011 | Reply

Rats! One of the few chats I’ll miss because of work. (Surely, you remember what work is like Darren, when you have all your tools available?)
    Is there somewhere, other than the blog, where I can send questions? ‘Cause as people have told me, I have a lot of questions.

4. By Darren Urban on Mar 29, 2011 | Reply

AndyStands –

RE: Questions

You can send something to askdarren@cardinals.nfl.net if you must.

5. By CARDMAN on Mar 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren, How much money do you make a year???

6. By Derek Anderson on Mar 29, 2011 | Reply

Sweet, now we can clear everything up about who the starting QB is going to be.

7. By Scott H on Mar 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren -

You have a way with words, my man!. And as long as your words seem to be indicating that a certain QB willl NOT be coming here, you’ve got my vote ( for whatever you may need my vote for ).

8. By CNelson86 on Mar 29, 2011 | Reply

So are u talking about mcnabb or are you talking about anderson?!?

9. By drummer-1 on Mar 29, 2011 | Reply

@cnelson86… he’s talking about mcnabb, he’s been saying for weeks now that the cards don’t want him.. I wouldn’t mind him coming here but for some reason i bulger, maybe just to mentor skelton for a year or so..

10. By Jeff Gollin on Mar 30, 2011 | Reply

Darren – This might seem trivial, but some of us old fogies living in the Northeast get hung up on the changing time differences between AZ and the East during Daylight Savings and Standard Time. When you post a time for chats, pressers etc., could you post both AZT and ET for us old guys?

Side comment – I just caught the first “Game Changer” show on NFL Network, featuring Gabbert and Ponder working with Mariucci (similar to what Gruden did with Tebow and other rookies a year ago). Lots of technique work, back & forth interviews, film and chalk. It was like being right there in the interview room and practice field at the Combine. There will be additional shows during the next few weeks. If you’re into the Draft, you shouldn’t miss these shows.

11. By cactus jeff on Mar 30, 2011 | Reply

The best players on the front 7 are built for a 4-3 scheme (Campbell, Dockette and Washington). They are too small to stop the run in the 3-4. So my theory is they go after Bowers or Quinn to add size at OLB, running a hybrid 4-3/3-4 scheme. Quinn or Bowers along side Dockette is their best strategy.

12. By Darren Urban on Mar 30, 2011 | Reply

Jeff –

RE: Time changes

Sure. I apologize for that. We are on Pacific time right now, three hours later than the EST.

13. By CNelson86 on Mar 30, 2011 | Reply

Lol I just felt like pointing out we had picked up a washout QB that was about to be realeased from his second team in 2 seasons

14. By Scott H on Mar 30, 2011 | Reply

CNelson86 -

Ya know, I probably would not have realized that on my own….the fact that Anderson and Mcnabb suddenly have a lot in common. Both about to be released from their second team in as many years, both not wanted by the Cardinals ( we can only hope ), and both potentially washed up at this point. Although in all necessary fairness to McNabb, at least he had some great years before he went on the downside. Anderson never even had up-side!

PS – and just to clarify, for what it’s worth – while I acknowlwedge that McNabb has had some great SEASONS, I have never thought he was a great QB. Big difference between the two.

15. By hectorrrr on Mar 30, 2011 | Reply

I really wish cards would off a job to kurt warner to be a coach of some sort perferably… Quarterback coach

16. By We Missed Q on Apr 1, 2011 | Reply

hectorrr,

Kurt has said about a thousand times he will never coach. The reason he retired was to spend MORE time with his family. Coaching would lead to LESS time with his family.