The schedule is out (and coach Ken Whisenhunt will speak about it in a few minutes). A few quick thoughts:
– Opening with Carolina at home, only the third time the Cards have ever opened at home since coming to Arizona (I am not counting 2001, when 9/11 forced the postponement of the original opener in Washington). That’s 24 seasons.
– Three straight weeks on the road in November — at Philly Nov. 13, at San Francisco Nov. 20 and at St. Louis Nov. 27 — is followed by three straight home games — Dec. 4 vs. Dallas, Dec. 11 vs. San Francisco, Dec. 18 vs. Cleveland.
– Fun with Christmas Eve in Cincinnati (always happy that I fly charter now and we will be home that evening).
– All the major long road trips aren’t back-to-back.
– No prime-time games for the first time in a few years. Not a surprise.
– The Steelers come back to Arizona Oct. 23, after the Cards’ bye, giving the Cards a little extra time to prepare.
– Two road games at Washington and at Seattle after the home opener. Given the opponents, it’ll be a very interesting first three games and will go a long way in determining the Cards’ 2011 season, methinks.
Posted in Blog | 47 Comments »