Live chat Thursday

Posted by Darren Urban on May 4, 2011 – 4:32 pm

I never did end up with the time to do a pre-draft live chat (I would have said the Cards were taking Patrick Peterson with their first pick and may surprise taking a running back ….) so instead, there will be one tomorrow. Thursday at 11 a.m. Arizona time (which is on Pacific time these days), we can talk about whatever — the draft, what comes next, the quarterback situation, the trade the Cards reportedly passed on last week, whatever. Just click here to find the chat.

Tags:

30 Responses to “Live chat Thursday”

1. By Hashem Ali on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Hello Dan, my question to you is what do you think about the possibilty of trading away Beanie Wells to a team for a QB like the Bengals. Say we give up a second or third round pick and Beanie wells in exchange for Carson Palmer? I think that would instantly make us contenders not only in our division but in the whole NFC!

2. By Darren Urban on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Hashem —

RE: Beanie

First, the name is Darren.

Second, I am not sure the Bengals are trading Palmer.

3. By cards>niners on May 4, 2011 | Reply

According to Adam Schefter, Kolb to the cards is more than a strong possibility, care to weigh in on Schefter’s comments?

4. By ross on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Dan, man that was funny.

5. By Hashem Ali on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Hello Darren, sorry about the name confusion in the last comment. But my question is am I the only one that thinks that ILB Quan Sturdivant was a complete steal in the 6th round? Also what type of player do you see him ultimately becoming?

6. By Darren Urban on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Cards> –

RE: Kolb

I think Kolb is the Cards’ main target. But reading Adam’s comments, he doesn’t really say anything concrete. Unless he is willing to at least quote “a source,” it always strikes me as shaky.

A lot of people were reporting the Cards would “run up to the podium” to draft Gabbert too.

7. By Darren Urban on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Hashem –

RE: Quan

I don’t know anything about him yet. I know that’s what the Cards are hoping.

8. By Brandon LA on May 4, 2011 | Reply

I thought it was hasty for Warren Sapp to give the cards a C- grade on their draft. If free agency had accrued prior, he would have given a solid B+, A.

9. By McNab's future on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Hashem:
    Are you crazy or what?

10. By AndyStandsUp on May 4, 2011 | Reply

IF the Lions offered that many choices for the 5th pick, the Cards (who have several needs) had better be sure of Peterson.
    And David, unless I’m misconstruing your comments, Schefter wasn’t the one who claimed, “the Cards should run to the podium if Gabbert is available.”. It was Mike Mayock.

11. By Darren Urban on May 4, 2011 | Reply

ArlessStands –

RE: Comments

Well, any pick is a risk. Are they sure about Peterson? No. But people are still pissed about passing on Suggs for BJ/Pace. Sometimes, you have to take the potential superstar.

As for the Gabbert thing, I said “a lot of people” not “Schefter.” Not sure why you have to be so negative.

12. By Hashem Ali on May 4, 2011 | Reply

why do you say that? lol

13. By DoblerFan on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Hashem, I agree we got a heck of a value pick with ILB Quan Sturdivant in the 6th. He was rated around a 2-3 round but due to a pot conviction he fell to us and as you know we are in need. He is also a little light in the butt like Washington but is very aggressive against the run. NC moved him to the inside where he played better. I don’t know why that McNab’s Future guy would say you are crazy. OLB Acho was also a great value in the 4th. I’m not sure he solves are speed rush problem though.

14. By DoblerFan on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Hashem, I now see why McNab’s Future had an issue with you but I think they’re a little biased and rough. Analysis are saying it might take a 2012 #1 and a player to get GM Brown to give in to get Palmer. I say it’s way to expensive when I could get Bulger for $4 million a year and another young vet for around 2 mil (Stanton or Gradkowski). Same thing for Kolb or Orton. As for McNabb? – come on!

15. By Brad on May 4, 2011 | Reply

I am one fan extremely happy with the Peterson Pick and that they didn’t trade down, i’d prefer an opportunity to get a superstar rather then many opportunities to get good players. I can’t wait to see Peterson, DRC, and Rhodes shutting down the passing game, now if only Horton can teach A-Dub how to cover TE’s/WR’s then we’ll be in business! (or just blitz A-dub every play!)

16. By Brad on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Darren, who’s the fastest out of Peterson and DRC? (40 times at combine)

17. By Darren Urban on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Brad –

RE: 40 times for CBs

Peterson ran an official 4.34 at the combine. DRC ran a 4.29.

18. By Andre on May 4, 2011 | Reply

o.O

A freaking 4.34!!!! AND he’s 220 ish and 6’1??

WHoa, does this mean DRC can actually bulk up and still keep that kind of speed? He’s listed around 180 at 6’2. Just WOW, I didn’t even know that. DRC better bulk up to keep up.

19. By Khards on May 4, 2011 | Reply

just get kolb and get it over with! Pick up Bulger too, he already said he didn’t mind backing up Flacco.

20. By R Robles on May 4, 2011 | Reply

Man always when Im working you put up a chat. Oh well maybe next time. the Dan part was funny I wasthinking for a moment is he asking Dan Williams A question or what haha. I hear the offence is working out any word on defencive players getting together Darren?

21. By Matt on May 5, 2011 | Reply

Dang thats a fast secondary!

22. By devin on May 5, 2011 | Reply

I want MCNABB FOR THE CARDINALS

23. By Darren Urban on May 5, 2011 | Reply

R Robles –

RE: Workouts

Given my status, I have to rely on Kent Somers to provide names. So I see what you see.

24. By D on May 5, 2011 | Reply

Do you see the Cards replacing our Punter?
    Keep up the good work

25. By Darren Urban on May 5, 2011 | Reply

D -

RE: Punter

I think they will look at bringing someone in to battle Graham.

26. By Code on May 5, 2011 | Reply

What do you think is realistic for the Cards to give up if they did go after Kolb? I hope not DRC (someone said that on one of your blog posts, I don’t remember who, sorry.)

27. By Darren Urban on May 5, 2011 | Reply

Code –

RE: Trade

I don’t think they’d give up DRC. Realistically? I’d offer a first and, say, a fifth. Maybe a fourth.

28. By cards62 on May 5, 2011 | Reply

Darren

Interesting on the Lions trade. Did you ever find out anything on Atlanta wanting to trade with us? Would be a hard choice on Peterson or trading down to get Prince and a couple of more picks.

I think we stick with Peterson I think he is going to be very special. A. Williams special. He covered the top 2 receivers in the draft Green – Georgia and Jones – Alabama.

I wonder now if Von Miller would have been available if the Cardinals would have taken Von Miller or Peterson. I think they would have taken Peterson your thoughts Darren?

Read where McNabb was going to work out with the Cardinal players. Interesting and should be fun for some of our posters. Kevin Kolb could be good, but I am not sure of him and I know Andy Reid will want a lot. I do like Orton’s game and Palmer’s game but Palmer might also be too expensive so I am still hoping for Orton and Vince Young or Orton and Marc Bulger.

Enjoy the live chat and go Cards

29. By Darren Urban on May 5, 2011 | Reply

cards62 –

RE: Miller vs Peterson

I think the Cards would have taken Miller over Peterson.

30. By Bucky on May 5, 2011 | Reply

I think the Cards had a good, smart draft and will follow it with a decent free agency (if they ever get around to having one).