Patrick Peterson is virtually No. 1

Posted by Darren Urban on May 19, 2011 – 4:01 pm

No, Patrick Peterson hasn’t been on the field yet in an NFL game. But the expectations for his play, even as a rookie, are high well beyond here in Arizona.

Turns out Peterson is the highest-rated rookie in the upcoming release of “Madden ’12,” the top video game out there for the NFL. The game uses a scale of 1-100 (with 100 being the best) to rank players on a multitude of attributes, and the way those interact with all the other players allows for games to play out. Peterson is an overall 82, but his speed is 97, his agility 96 and his acceleration 93 — all par for the course when you run a 4.34 40 at the combine, I suppose. He is ranked higher in press (90) and man (89) coverage than zone (82) which fits his profile.

Hopefully, real-life PP matches up to virtual PP.

Tags: ,

25 Responses to “Patrick Peterson is virtually No. 1”

1. By Phoenixraven1 on May 19, 2011 | Reply

PP and DRC!!!

2. By tom on May 19, 2011 | Reply

BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. By thaHarterIII on May 19, 2011 | Reply

peterson and DRC will BEAST. you better have good running game if you play the cards this year.

4. By Mr. Know It All on May 19, 2011 | Reply

Darren what was the K/P Return # for PP?

5. By Ron on May 19, 2011 | Reply

NICE!! Madden here I come.

6. By Chad D. on May 19, 2011 | Reply

It’s official, I have a mancrush on Coach Whiz. I just watched the NFL Network interview with Rich and I couldn’t help but wish this season started tonight. Darren, keep up the good work brother. Considering nothing has happened in the NFL in a few weeks, you still find a way to make me check this website daily (okay, multiple times a day).

7. By Alec Kostival on May 19, 2011 | Reply

Oh yeah hear we go cards you got a fan in reading, pa

8. By Mr. Know It All on May 19, 2011 | Reply

Madden 12 grades 91 on returns for PP.

We will see, but I think Pa Pe will be returning punts as well as int’s for TD’s.

I will call it Pat Peterson NFL “Rookie of the Year” Defense 2011!!!!!!!!!

9. By AndyStandsUp on May 19, 2011 | Reply

Is Peterson really going to wear # 21?
    Aren’t the Rolle similarity comments enough without the number? And Abdullah already owns it.
    I know secondary players have to pick between 20 & 49.
    Anyone have suitable suggestions that are not already taken by Card players?

10. By Big Red on May 19, 2011 | Reply

Prediction for the coming season 4 punt returns by PP.

11. By Eazy E on May 19, 2011 | Reply

PP7 was a great pick.

12. By Darren Urban on May 19, 2011 | Reply

Mr. Know –

RE: KOR rating

That wasn’t in the article I saw.

13. By Pheenic Skii on May 19, 2011 | Reply

That’s awesome! God, I wish the NFL season would start today.

PP21 and DRC are going to be beast.

14. By bluepitt on May 19, 2011 | Reply

@Chad D,
    I kind of understand your man crush after he stuck his —- on our —– last year with the QB’s and his play calling, well some like that kind of thing. I for one dont like to be screwed with no lube!!!!!! Not even a kiss good by when he left! hahahaha

15. By Jeff Gollin on May 20, 2011 | Reply

It occurs to me that one way we fans can cope with the drought of “real” football would be for ESPN, NFL Network or even a fan-blog to create a virtual NFL schedule of simulated Madden ’12 games – complete with fake game write-ups, story narratives etc.

Kind of like the dehydrated (“almost”) steaks we used to get served in the army back in the day.

16. By former AZ.resident on May 20, 2011 | Reply

Darren I love what u do on the blog I always read it, check it every week. keep up the good work. Go! Cards!!

17. By Scharf on May 20, 2011 | Reply

Like the former AZ.resident, I have to agree! I check the articles daily hoping for a new read, I like how you are pursuing all avenues related to Cardinals as well bringing in the Madden 12 aspect of it. Just know that your time and effort is appreciated.

18. By Trigidy22 on May 20, 2011 | Reply

Urb is your contract safe?? are u going to be able too open up your email??

19. By Jon L. on May 20, 2011 | Reply

Looks like this guy’s hype is huge. I hope he can live up to what is expected of him.

20. By Phoenixraven1 on May 20, 2011 | Reply

Just watched the clip on NFL.com of our Xmas day game vs cowgirls! Watching DRC and Toler make those interceptions and thinking about adding PP to the mix is a great feeling!

21. By Scott H on May 21, 2011 | Reply

Sorry to say, but Madden might be the only football any of us are gonna see for awhile. Gee, that’s almost as good…NOT!

22. By Jarrod C on May 22, 2011 | Reply

Hey D,
    Any we can change Patrick Petersons name on here to Px2?? It’s funny seeing PP on everything. P Squared works too. Or PaPe (Papi) I’m all for a name change.

23. By VoiceofReason on May 23, 2011 | Reply

Darren — just to make sure we get this out there.

There has been some ridiculous speculation that the team is contemplating putting Peterson in a potential trade offer to get Kevin Kolb.

Tell us this not only isn’t true, but is as ridiculous as it sounds.

24. By Michelle on May 24, 2011 | Reply

Cardinals Fans Meet 2nd Round Draft Choice Ryan Williams Signing Autographs
    on Saturday June 18 at the North Phoenix Baptist Church Sports Card Show and Autograph Signing Plus NFL Hall of Famer & Cardinals Ring of Honor Member Roger Wehrli will be there Signing Autographs.

25. By Darren Urban on May 29, 2011 | Reply

Voice –

RE: PP trade

Peterson will not be traded for Kolb.