The most interesting Fitz

Posted by Darren Urban on May 20, 2011 – 4:54 pm

Some people are just born to have lives other people talk about. I mean doesn’t it seem that’s how it is with Larry Fitzgerald? He’s not old and I don’t know if he drinks Dos Equis, but I’m not sure he couldn’t be in the running for most interesting man in the world. He makes a ton of cash, is a football superhero, and in the offseason, he hangs out with cheetahs and helps third-world kids who have hearing problems.

Speaking of Fitzgerald, NFL.com is calling the Cards’ 27-26 win over the Cowboys the 16th-best game of the past season, and given how much the Cards struggled, I’ll take that. It was certainly a thrilling Christmas present. I am guessing the Cowboys fans would disagree. Between the Toler/DRC TD returns, Jay Feely booting key field goals and Skelton-to-Fitz on fourth-and-15, however, plenty of fond memories.

And with that, I’m out of the office for a week. Catch up with you later.

Tags: , , , , ,

21 Responses to “The most interesting Fitz”

1. By Kurt on May 20, 2011 | Reply

Darren

If the ESPN report is correct? I’m hoping you are a contracted employee able to keep us informed

2. By Chuck on May 20, 2011 | Reply

Nooooo… Doesn’t ownership know that you keep them in good graces with us?

3. By blake on May 21, 2011 | Reply

I was able to meet Fitz this evening at UCLA ( i work there ) got to speak to him for a bit and had a photo taken, THANKS Fitz it was a pleasure as a fan to meet you .

4. By ross on May 21, 2011 | Reply

Love the dos equis guy.

5. By Scott H on May 21, 2011 | Reply

ross –

Stay thirsty, my friends…

6. By The Shoe on May 22, 2011 | Reply

Saw Fitz on Friday at UCLA. Unfortunately I was unable to meet him. The one time he went to sign autographs, we were over run with Memorabilia collectors with duffle bags full of stuff to get signed so they can make a buck. Too bad, but he seems like a nice enough guy. Him and MoJo were the big fish there.

Ryan Williams on the other hand is something else. He stayed there the whole time and signed everything. The guy was constantly smiling and just seemed like an all around good guy. I love that the Cards draft high character people. It just makes you appreciate and root for them as much as possible. CUDOS TO THE FRONT OFFICE!!!

7. By darthcard on May 22, 2011 | Reply

I say this from the heart Darren,Wolf,Paul are absolutely awesome. In many respects you guys are more interesting than our very own cardinals. We all are very disappointed in the NFL this year. I love your reportings and I need some cardinals underground.

8. By Scott H on May 24, 2011 | Reply

Geez…just in case anyone was wondering just how bad our QB situation was last year…I just saw on NFL.com where they ranked current NFL QB’s from 1-35 and no Cardinals QB’s were anywhere to be found. THAT is really sad considering there are only 32 teams in the whole league! That means BACK-UPS were being ranked ahead of anyone who STARTED for the Cardinals. Not that that’s totally a surprise…Anderson really is THAT BAD and Skelton barely had a chance to show anything. Right now, I would take Skelton over several other QB’s based on what I think he can be.

And just to rub salt in my own wounds, I say that if Warner is still playing, he might just crack the top 5. How’s THAT for a nose-dive??? From possible top 5 to not even making the top 35!!! Good lord…

9. By Jon L. on May 25, 2011 | Reply

That was a very good game and definitely the highlight of the Cardinals season.

10. By Alex on May 25, 2011 | Reply

Hmm off topic but, Is there any chance of the Cardinals making a run for Asomugha?

11. By chris on May 27, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren, Did you take a long holiday weekend or are you struggling to find something to write about? NFL.com is all over Kolb comming to AZ, wouldn’t it be nice?

12. By former AZ.resident on May 27, 2011 | Reply

What are people thinking about? Trading our 1st pick for kolb? Let’s us be more aggressive and sign the free agent peyton manning and save our draft pick for an even more quarterback ready player.

13. By Greg on May 27, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha! I just read about the coaches in Washington getting all presumptuous and going on a “strike’ because they are sick “of sitting around not doing what they normally do and are tired of waiting”. what are your thoughts on this Darren?

14. By Darren Urban on May 29, 2011 | Reply

Darth —

RE: Props

I very much appreciate the compliment. Thanks.

15. By Darren Urban on May 29, 2011 | Reply

Alex —

RE: Nnamdi

Why would they, after drafting Peterson? Seems like an incredibly inefficient use of resources.

16. By Darren Urban on May 29, 2011 | Reply

Chris —

RE: Kolb news

I will be posting about that soon. I was not working this past week.

17. By Darren Urban on May 29, 2011 | Reply

Greg —

RE: Coaches

I think all coaches would much rather be working with players right now.

18. By ross on May 29, 2011 | Reply

Glad your back. Tough situation. I hope everyone can come to an agreement. There’s enough to go around.

19. By TBru on May 29, 2011 | Reply

Lockout over yet?

Sigh, I really want to care again

20. By R Robles on May 30, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren do you know if any member of the Cardinals represent the Union? I always see Saturday Brees Fujita.

21. By Darren Urban on May 30, 2011 | Reply

R Robles —

RE: Union Cards rep

Kicker Jay Feely is the Cards’ union rep.