Scheduling a look back for a look ahead

Posted by Darren Urban on June 24, 2011 – 9:11 am

Our own Jim Omohundro will be putting together a series of web videos starting today that highlight the Cards’ 2011 schedule by looking back at a few of the highlights from games against that team in recent years past. For instance, Jim’s first piece is about the Cards and Panthers, who will visit University of Phoenix Stadium Sept. 11 to open the 2011 season (and yes, I am staying optimistic it happens). On the video are looking at three Panthers’ games of the past — wins in Carolina in 2001 and 2002 (Jake Plummer! Pat Tillman! Freddie Jones!) along with the game no one will forget, the playoff road trip against Carolina after the 2008 season. That game, of course, brings up one of the best quotes ever — Panthers coach John Fox about QB Jake Delhomme, after the Cards forced Delhomme into six turnovers. “He picked a bad day to have a bad day.”

Tags: , , , , , ,

16 Responses to “Scheduling a look back for a look ahead”

1. By Kevin on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

If the CBA get done after training camp is scheduled to start, will they still hold the remainder of it in Flagstaff or keep it closer to the valley?

2. By brad oneill on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

that carolina video was great. I especially like the pass from warner to hightower at 3:34 I love the way warner goes into his throw at exactly the same moment hightower begins to turn. that was a fantastic timing play where the qb and receiver where on the exact same page.

3. By D-man on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Is it me or was jake Delhomme never the same. also darren what do u think of the trade rumors of DRC for Kevin Kolb

4. By Darren Urban on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Kevin —

RE: Training camp

As far as I know today, Flagstaff is still on the agenda.

5. By Darren Urban on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

D-man —

RE: DRC

6. By Peter in Canada on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

I agree with Brad; it was a great video. I also loved Fitz’s catches and DRC’s int. when the Panthers were trying to get back in the game. And yes Delhomme was never the same after that game.

7. By ross on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Mr. Hightower

8. By AndyStandsUp on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

As far as Training camp goes, Nau starts the fall semester August 24th so you’re probably only have a week or two leeway for a late start. Same thing with the Embry Riddle Prescott campus the team used in 2005.
    I’ve heard the Cards could use the ASU indoor bubble or UPHO(private workouts, of course) to escape the heat, but the folks in Flag would lose out of millions of dollars.
    Ravens and Jets have already cancelled their out of town sites.

It would be an absolute shame to have AZ follow suit.

9. By BobF on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

I love it! I hope we have lots more memories like that in the future. I never get tired of seeing the hot chick crying. Maybe I should comfort her?

10. By TBru on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Lockout over yet?

Zzzzzzzz

11. By Eazy E on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

We sent delhomme to oblivion. Don’t trade DRC for kolb!

12. By EC in Seattle on Jun 24, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren,
    Do me favor and ask coach Wiz to watch the playoff game in 2010 against the “SUPERBOWL CHAMPION” G.B. Packers! That game just goes to show you that anyone can be a superstar at any given moment. We are just a couple players and a play or two away from a SUPERBOWL appearance. Can you do that for me please?

13. By D on Jun 25, 2011 | Reply

**Cap Space**
    Per Espn: Cards have roughly $37 mil if the floor cap is where they think it will be. So, lets go shopping:

Resign: Sendlein, Breaston, Branch.
    Try to sign some of these: Carl Nicks G or David Joseph G–Reggie Kelly TE or K. Boss TE—Willie Colon T, Ron Edwards DT, Takeo Spikes MLB, Antwan Barnes OLB…
    …make the trade next year’s 2nd round pick for K. Orten.

14. By Javi on Jun 27, 2011 | Reply

Hello Darren, nice to hear from you once again, now i have TWO quetions for you. there has been rumors that the cards will trade DRC for Kolb, will that trade happen, and if not , what quarterback will be a cards starter next year AND FINALLY,
    what offensive linemen will the cards sign does MATT LIGHT come in mind?

thanks durban hope to hear from you!

15. By Darren Urban on Jun 27, 2011 | Reply

Javi —

RE: DRC/Light

Don’t know about Matt Light. Until we get to the end of this labor thing, it’s just too hard to understand.

As for the DRC-Kolb thing, http://blog.azcardinals.com/2011/06/23/the-drc-speculation/

16. By Scott H on Jun 27, 2011 | Reply

I’ll never forget the feeling I had while watching that game! I scould swear I could HEAR the adrenaline going through my body. What a night…I think THAT was truly the game that started to convince people that the Cardinals weren’t a joke anymore. They silenced a lot of doubters that night. And I took particular joy in the fact that they played this game in front of Cris Collinsworth, who had at one point proclaimed the Cardinals the worst team in the history of the playoffs. In your face, Collinsowrth! Hope you felt like as big a jack-ass as you looked like that night.