DRC talks about the Eagles

Posted by Darren Urban on July 25, 2011 – 9:56 am

Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie just did a phone interview with Philadelphia radio station WIP, obviously to talk about the speculation that he would be part of a trade for quarterback Kevin Kolb.

“A lot of people been hitting me up,” DRC said. “I’m just playing it by ear. Whatever happens, happens.”

He added that whether the trade goes down or not, “It don’t matter to me.” He was careful to walk the line about being a Cardinal or being an Eagle. The hosts obviously wanted to ask him about coming to Philly, but DRC knows there is a chance he will remain in Arizona. Even the hosts, after it was over, noted DRC was trying to stay neutral.

“I’m waiting until it all plays out,” DRC said. “I ain’t getting too antsy yet.” Asked about his desire to play for the Eagles, DRC made clear he still had a fondness for the Cards because they were the team that drafted him and gave him his start. “But if they’re talking about trading me, I can’t do nothing about that, because it’s a business,” he added.

According to reports, teams can start discussing trades Tuesday, although they can’t become official until 3 p.m. Arizona time Friday.

The hosts did ask DRC about his tackling. “I know when it comes down to it, if I have to make the tackle, he’s going to come down,” DRC said.

Now we just have to wait to see in what uniform DRC will be doing that tackling.

Tags: ,

89 Responses to “DRC talks about the Eagles”

1. By Jesse on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Man if we give up DRC AND a 1st, as some reports are saying, this will be such a lopsided trade it is not even funny.

2. By Isaak on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

If we trade DRC for Kolb then i’m officially no longer a cards fan. I dont care about trading draft picks or maybe one member of our running back crew but DRC is way too much. Unless we get Kolb plus draft picks then no way is this a good deal.
    Isaak from England

3. By Serg on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Heck no! Your staying in Az!!

4. By Tyrelle Dunn on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

This is sad on so many levels if the Cards would drop that low to Philly and make a horrible trade for an unproven QB.

5. By Brad on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

If Whiz trades DRC for un-proven Kolb it will be a huge mistake, we have a chance of having an amazing secondary this year, please don’t throw that away for a ‘maybe’ QB!

6. By DRC_Fan on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

If DRC is traded I will be very upset. The first year he was in the NFL Arizona went to SB XLIII! In my opinion, if he’s traded, we will be digging our whole deeper. Also Darren, what is the chance Arizone will sign his cousin Antonio Cromatie just so Peterson will have a few years to learn before starting.

7. By D on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Keep DRC…offer two seconds or a first and one of the two rb’s….don’t like our secondary if a rookie who is suppose to learn the playbook has to be counted on to shut down one side…

8. By michelle on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

If the cards trade DRC it will be a tradgedy! Not worth losing him for Kolb, not even close!!!!!!!

9. By Nick Pepe on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

How does his name get thrown out there in the first place? With teams unable to discuss anything over the past 4 months, who originally “speculated” that DRC is the player or commodiy being traded?

I did not get the impression that DRC thinks this is a done deal, but I also did not get the impression that DRC would be upset if traded.

In my opinion, this trade is too much of a risk for the Cards to take. Kolb’s contract is up at the end of the year. He has started about 7 games and has looked good in only 2 of those starts. He looked gittery in the pocket when facing pressure. To be blunt, no one knows if he is better than Skelton or as good as Montana. I would love to see the young cornerbacks grow together. Playermakers on defense are difference makers, and to have one on each side of the field could be special to see.

What upset me the most was the smug comment by the host that Arizona is not a football “town”, and that Philadelphia is passionate about their football.

I hate everything about Philadelphia.

Anyway, let the “off season” games begin!

Nick Pepe
    Lifetime Member

10. By D on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

guess we’ll find out soon…

Titled “Article 11, Transition Rules for the 2011 League Year,” here’s what the document provides.

Today, the NFL will publish a Free Agency List.

On Tuesday, team facilities will open for voluntary training, conditioning, and classroom instruction.

On Tuesday, trades can begin.

At 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, teams may sign drafted rookies, undrafted rookies, and negotiate with (but not sign) their own unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, exclusive-rights players, and franchise players.

Also, beginning at 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, teams may negotiate with, but not sign or give offer sheets to, other team’s unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, and franchise players.

At 4:01 p.m. ET on Thursday, teams may waive or terminate player contracts.

At 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may renegotiate existing player contracts.

Also at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams sign their own unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, exclusive-rights free agents, and franchise players.

Also at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may sign unrestricted free agents from other teams, restricted free agents from other teams, and franchise players from other teams.

No payment of any kind can be made to any player until the CBA has been ratified by the players.

The 2011 league year will begin no later than August 4. When the 2011 league year begins, teams must be under the salary cap. (Specifically, their highest 51 cap numbers must fit under the cap.)

11. By Matt in Philly on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

While I really don’t support going after Kolb, I am absolutely AGAINST the Cards parting with DRC to get him. My beef is as follows:

– When has a 25-year old pro bowler at a skill position ever been traded for a back-up?

– With practically zero training camp, do we expect Kolb to find the mojo he struggled to find in Philly last year when he came in as the de facto starter in training camp?

– With practically zero training camp, do you really want to rely on Greg Toler and a rookie to be your starting corners? We saw last year how much a depleted and ineffective secondary can hurt a defense. Are we really going into this season banking on Ike Taylor and Greg Toler to hold down the corner position?

– We have a ton of areas to address in free-agency this off-season — namely, an entire offensive line and zero depth in the linebackers. Wouldn’t it be better to get a guy like Kyle Orton, save some cash, and make a bit of splash on the free-agency market.

Which brings me to the real reason DRC is in the mix. If we’re gonna sign Kolb to a long-term deal, and lock of Fitz, and buy an O-line, and fill our the linebackers, we can’t afford to keep DRC around. That’s dumb. Why not trade a 1st and 3rd for Kolb, then trade DRC down the line when the money actually becomes an issue and re-coup picks? Do it AFTER Peterson gets some reps, so that we don’t have to rely on Toler to be our #1 corner. Houston parted with 2 second round picks for Matt Schaub four years ago. Why should we part with more?

12. By bye!!!! on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

I just read about maybe picking up ike taylor if we trade d.r.c. Trading d.r.c is a good thing for Kolb but getting Ike as a replacement, thats a really bad thing, really bad. So i hope thats un-true.. Im happy with letting d.r.c be another team problem. He’s so good he gets bored sometimes during the game?? After last year he shouldn’t of been to bored, since Q.B’s weren’t afraid to challenge him. He still got burnt and he still can’t takle at all. He’ll look really good in philly.

13. By Rick on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

PLEASE DON’T TRADE DRC FOR KEVIN KOLB!!! Kevin Kolb IS Matt Leinart!!! If Matt wasn’t good enough for us neither is Kolb. Look at their stats. Both average 6.5 yards per attempt. Both have losing records but COULD’VE won if the defense stepped up. DRC, PAtrick Peterson, Greg Toler, A-Dub, and Kerry Rhodes = the BEST SECONDARY IN THE NFL!!! What’s worse, the devil you know or the devil you don’t know?

Kolb is all hype and couldn’t keep his job when it was handed to him. I don’t want to hear about the GREAT year Vick had because Kolb lost his job in game 2 of the season and when Vick got hurt Kolb couldn’t take it back.

We can teach DRC to tackle better but there are A LOT of DB’s that can’t tackle that are still consistent Pro Bowlers and even Hall of Famers.

PLEASE DON’T TRADE DRC FOR KEVIN KOLB!!!

14. By Scharf on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

DRC better remain a Cardinal or I will definitely be upset with the Organization. I know they are smarter to keep a proven pro-bowl Corner, instead of trading him away for a unproven pro-bowl Quarterback. If the Eagles ask for him, just walk away at that point and sign Kyle Orton. I want to see DRC in Cardinals Red next year and not any other color! (Okay, maybe Black because of the other Jerseys).

Darren, is there any “facts” to this? Or was this rumor simply the cause of the lockout with nothing to talk about and the need for filler news?

15. By Rick on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Instead of trading DRC let’s trade Beanie… He hasn’t lived up to his status!!

16. By This Guy on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

I can not imagine the Cards getting rid of DRC. I would be the dumbest move ever IMO. Anyway, Darren any word on training camp?

17. By nick on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

darren, this is a question for you. Is Kolb really worth losing DRC?

18. By Darren Urban on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

DRC_Fan —

RE: The other Cromartie

If the Cards traded DRC I’d think they’d have to bring in someone. Not sure it would be A Cromartie.

19. By Darren Urban on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Nick —

RE: DRC talk

Speculation comes up. But let’s face it — it usually doesn’t come from thin air.

Thanks again for the interview heads-up.

20. By Darren Urban on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Nick —

RE: Kolb “worth”

Here’s what I think: If Kolb is a good quarterback, no one will end up caring what the Cards traded for him. If Kolb isn’t good, everyone will be mad at whatever is traded for him, whether it was DRC or picks or whatever. It comes down to rolling the dice on the new QB, whoever it ends up being.

21. By nate on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

darren, we should get brett favre!

22. By theuglitruth on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Seattle sounds like they are bowing out of the Kolb race…or playing dumb like a fox. Regardless, I don’t think he’s as good as advertised. I like Orton, 6 games with over 300 yards 6 times (almost 7). He made Brandon Lloyd a probowl player….Lloyd is not a probowler without Orton. Imagine what he can do with Fitz. Yes, many of the yards were because he was on a bad team, but he still made plays on a baaaaaaaaad team. He had 20 TD’s and 9 INT’s…this means he was still making great decisions and not turning it over. For the NFCW title, that maybe all you need.

23. By Nick Pepe on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

You’re welcome Darren. Glad I could assist. Looks like the consensus here says keep DRC! It’s going to be busy and interesting blog filled week.

And why didn’t you tell me about the Tilted Kilt??? Good God!! Even my wife liked the place. Not as much as I did but she liked it!

Keep DRC!!

Nick Pepe

24. By Matt in Philly on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Man, I have to say that I couldn’t be prouder of the fans on this board. It really sounds like everyone’s head is in the right place: Kolb for the right price, which doesn’t include DRC. I really hope that the guys in the front office are as shrewd. Otherwise, it’s going to be a long season of watching teams tear us up through the air. Do we really need ANOTHER hole to fill on a team with no O-line, thin linebacking, no punter, and a slew of FAs to consider re-signing (Branch, Breaston, Doucet, Hightower, Lutui, Keith, Sendlein, Watson)?

25. By theuglitruth on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

The Jets paid the employee’s back lost pay…will the Cards?

26. By Dan on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Trade DRC for Kolb? Sounds good to me. DRC is asleep half the time, I doubt Patrick Peterson will be.

27. By ALONEEAGLE on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

As I said in an earlier blog to one Scott H, is is worth the cost to get Kolb? Is DRC and a draft pick or two worth getting Kolb? I think not!!

28. By Chris B on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Bad deal. Toler and Adams will start and Peterson is still an unkown… wow. bad deal, please dont it.

29. By Chuck on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

We need to keep DRC and go after Carson Palmer!Kolb unlikley a “francsise”quarterback!

30. By Drsinnista on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Come on ! Why is it so hard for the cardinals to do what it takes to be taken seriously? Just get orton or hassleback, follow the winning reciepe we had with kurt. Get a vet to come in with that chip on his shoulder pound the ball playaction and a lock down defense. P.s. Defense wins championships just remember the last play in the super bowl we lost

31. By CZarr on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

I just watched Kolbs starting games on NFL rewind yesterday and today. I just don’t get it. *shakes head*

32. By Andre on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Cards fans need to realize the Eagles have one of the best media hype machines in existence. They could beat out Fox News if they were political, that’s how good they are. These “trade talks” are nothing but bullshit created by crazed Eagle Fans. Remember when it was all Patrick Peterson for Kolb?….After about 2 weeks of this crazy talk they finally figured how crazy they sounded. Still didn’t stop them from going crazy in thinking a Kolb for DRC trade is fair when reality and MANY REAL football analysts say it’s stupid.

It won’t happen people. It won’t happen DRC. We love you. DRC and fans alike, put your minds at rest cause he is NOT getting traded.

33. By Chris on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

DO NOT TRADE DRC FOR THE LAST F ING TIME. I WILL DEMAND A REFUND ON MY SEASON TICKETS IF THE CARDS ORG IS DUMB ENOUGH TO FALL FOR KOLBS SO CALLED VALUE. GIVE ME AN F ING BREAK LOOK AT THE NUMBERS HE’S WORTH A SECOND ROUNDER THATS IT. DONT BE STUPID AZ GO GET ORTON WHO HAS BETTER PROVEN NUMBERS THAN KOLB FOR A 3RD AND LETS GO INTO THE SEASON WITH THE BEST DBS IN THE LEAGUE!

34. By Chris on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

DO NOT TRADE DRC PLEEAASSEE

35. By Walter L on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Why would you even consider this deal? This is a team that can afford to deal draft picks with putting itself in a bind. Draft picks for a player with upside, sounds fair to me; not this whole trade your Pro Bowl corner for a back up QB with potential because of a down year (for the team as a whole). Plus, I’m sure Philly would want draft picks to get players that fit their system at positions of need, and they can obviously make a run at any one of the CBs in FA (a deep, talented class). Not to mention, he may be a Pro Bowl CB, but DRC does have issues tackling; so why pair him with another Pro Bowl CB that has good ball skills and poor tackling? They would be too inconsistent and would become too expensive in the near future. This is a lop-sided deal that would become a problem for both franchises eventually. That being said, I like Kolb’s upside and I want the Cards to push hard for him, but do not trade a young, core player. I think swapping 1st rounders, trading a second and a 6th in the 2012 draft would be more than adequate. I may just be looking from an arm chair QB perspective, but am I wrong, Darren?

36. By John the draft guy on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Wow, not a single person is for this trade. Card fans love DRC. I get that. He has speed and swagger. He is not a shut down corner but could be. After all, Ashomah took a while before he became great.
    Reminds me a little of the Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis trade.

But face it, this is a QB driven league and we dont have one. Simple as that.

Some say Skelton, but I have said before, I don’t think he is a starting QB in this league.

Orton was a flop in Chicago. So much, the Bears gave up a first and Orton for Cutler. Orton did well under Denver’s system but lets not forget his game against us and how Denver fans were calling for Tebow. In fact, Denver traded up to get Tebow when Orton had played well the year before.

Vince Young is a headcase. I like Bulger and admit he is my first choice (I believe next years QB draft will be a good one and Bulger could hold it together till then), But he has played poorly for the last 3 years in St Louis.

So Kolb.. Up and down. flashes some really good things. He has a strong arm and is mobile enough. The Eagles traded up to the beginning of the 2nd round to draft him. They traded McNabb to name him the starter. Then, a concussion and Vick took over. So there is still an unknown. To me, its like trading up to draft a QB. Sure he could flop. But what if he doesnt? What if he becomes a good QB?

I’ve followed this team for a long time. One thing I know, we have always gotten old or second tier QBs. Sure Warner worked out but most haven’t. Its time to take a chance to land a QB that will be around for a while. I think the reward is worth the risk. In the last 20 years, the Cards have had only a few good years of QB play. Jake got us to the playoffs, Steve Beuerlein got us 8-8 and Warner took us to the playoffs twice. It’s time to take a shot at a real QB. Whether Kolb proves everyone wrong is to be seen but at least take a shot.

37. By Javi on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

SO, Mr. Urban, I understand that yourself,have talked to both COACH WHIZ and GM ROD so you knoing then do you believe that the cards will trade DRC for KOLB?

38. By Amy on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

KEEP DRC!!!!!!

39. By R Robles on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

No no no DRC is part of this team, I can see if he gets traded this will surely be an end to any chances getting back to the Super Bowl & kill me to be a Cards fan

40. By D on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

If Hayes and Porter are no longer on the roster on Friday, AZ should look at SD-they can’t resign all of these UFA’s…

Player Position Accrued Seasons
    Cooper, Stephen LB 8
    Burnett, Kevin LB 6
    Barnes, Antwan LB 4
    Siler, Brandon LB 4

41. By joe67 on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Is this the same DRC so many people were down on for “daydreaming” and getting burned a couple times each game? Now we might trade him and you are all upset. You are right Darren. It will all boil down to what Kolb does when (if) he gets here. I am sure he will be putting a lot of pressure on himself. All he needs is for the fans to get down on him, and the boobirds start in on him the first time he throws an incomplete pass or a pik. I don’t think DRC has much more upside. What you have seen is what you are going to get.

DRC AND a number 1, now that is a whole nuther story!! I am sure its just a rumor. Maybe the whole thing is, who knows right now.

42. By Chris on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

IT’S ONLY US AND SEATLLE GOING FOR KOLB AND I DONT THINK SEATTLE REALLY WANTS HIM. PLUS KOLB WANTS TO BE HERE AND BASICALLY HAS TO APPROVE ANY TRADE BECAUSE HE NEEDS TO APPROVE ANY NEW CONTRACT HE SIGNS AND NO TEAM IS GOING TO TRADE FOR HIM WITHOUT HIM SIGNING A NEW CONTRACT. THERE IS ABSOLUTLEY NO REASON TO OVER SPEND FOR KOLB IF THE EAGLES WONT TAKE FOR TRADE VALUE THEN GET ORTON FROM DENVER AND LET THE EAGLE LOOSE KOLB NEXT YEAR AND GET NOTHING FOR HIM!

43. By Motavaysean on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

DRC for Kolb even straight up is a huge mistake . PP is going to be great but he is still a rookie . We would go from one of the best secondaries in the league to average at best . This trade is wetarded at its fullest . We make this deal and im looking for a new team and I have been a fan since 88 . It would only prove that AZ are losers and really don’t care about having a good team and i want to route for a team that cares about winning . This trade goes down and we will be the laughing stock of the entire NFL . DRC has gained 10 pounds, he is going to be a better tackler this year . We would have to pay Kolb a new deal worth more than he is worth . Use the $$$$ on oline men . Sign Hasselback or Trade for a better QB like Orton . Don’t trade DRC for AJ Feely…..I mean Kolb . DONT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. By James on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

If the Cardinals trade DRC I’ll be pissed off!PLEASE CARDS,DON’T TRADE DRC!

45. By darthcard on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

I would love for K-Kolb to be here. But a !st and DRC??? No way. I will always remember that int at the meadowlands DRC made. He was like superman(corny,dramatic but true). If bussiness decides that we cannot afford your services I absolutely wish you the best. I really don’t want that. But I cannot fault you or the cardinals.

46. By Chris on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

KYLE ORTON – LAST YEAR – 13 Games, 20TDs to 9INTs, 4Fumbles, QB rating 87.5
    KEVIN KOLB – LAST YEAR – 7 Games, 7TD’s to 7INTs, 6Fumbles, QB rating 76.1

Possible 3rd rounder for Orton
    Possible 1 and 3 or DRC and draft pick or even straigh-up for Kolb.

Memo to Sando; Fitz; Whiz; Rest of the World? WHY ARE WE EVEN DISCUSSING KEVIN KOLB?

47. By Darren Urban on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Javi —

RE: Trade “talk”

I actually haven’t talked to them about that specifically. I don’t know what will happen. I think the Cards are going to look at Kolb. I think they will find out what Philly might want in return. Would I be shocked if it happened? No.

48. By Soares on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Get Orton he is sooooo much better than kolb and he won’t cost us near as much!

49. By Fitz4Mtrushmore on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

If Kolb turns out to be a very good QB, this trade is forgotten about the moment he shows his ability. All I know is your chances of winning a Super Bowl rests on the arm of your QB this day & age. DRC isn’t Aeneas or Deion so stop treating him like he is!!! I pray Wiz has done his homework on Kolb over & over & over.

50. By No DRC Trade on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Do not trade DRC – period.

51. By Mike A Feinen on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

WE BETTER NOT TRADE DRC! I’LL BE PISSED AND LOSE A LIL CARDS LUV! Bidwells OPEN up your pockets and PAY HIM!
    Tell EM Darren, Get EM!

52. By Nick Pepe on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Let me say again, I am against getting rid of DRC, and skeptical on Kolb. I want to see the young guys play together. And the old guy for that matter ….. (Sorry AW!).

But for those of you out there that say you will find a “new team” or give up your tickets, well that is plain ridiculous and you are not true fan. A fan backs his team. Always. Doesn’t mean you have to agree with every play
    call. Or every trade, acquisition, or release. But a fan backs his squad.
    Period. Jump on your next bandwagon now.

Nick Pepe
    Lifetime Member

53. By 123 on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Got to be Kyle Orton easy decision, DRC is my favorite player will be gutted if he goes!

54. By Darren Urban on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Mike A —

RE: “Paying” DRC

You do realize this situation has zero to do with DRC’s pay?

55. By georgiebird on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Whiz is asking for a one way ticket out of AZ if he trades DRC and a high draft choice for the rights to a virtual unknown in Kolb.
    DRC has a few flaws namely his tackling and his in game smarts. But on the other hand, DRC has made it to where he is with little veteran help at the DB position and more importantly, he has played behind the worst front 7 in probably all the NFL.
    Now if Philly can provide him with an excellent front 7 and some veteran leadership, DRC could turn in to a very productive player.
    Philly has much more to offer DRC than the Cards have to offer Kolb. It’s a crapshoot that the Cardinals have lost about 100% of the time over the past 50 years.

56. By Scott on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Fitz4Mtrushmore —

Yeah your right! DRC isn’t Sanders, but Kolb isn’t Montana! 2nd and 3rd Rd. Pick or 2nd Rd Pick and #34 thats max!!!

57. By Josh on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

R U serious DRC for Kolb?? Go after Kyle Orton get him in there, Denver needs a Running Back, give them Beanie and a Second Round pick and maybe a 5th the following year, Orton has been successful in Chicago and Denver, hes the one that can put the Cards Back on top. get rid of DRC for Kolb and if it don’t work out, it”ll cost Whis his job. I’m a Card fan no matter what though so whomever they get or get rid of!!!!! as a card fan I gotta back there moves and support who they bring in. BUT REALLY Orton is who will put them back on top in the West.

58. By twitter (AZcatsNcards) on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

DO NOT TRADE DRC, AZ CARDS! Cards don’t want to go there! Especially without ever seeing DRC & Peterson on the field together!

59. By Mike A Feinen on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Darren-

RE: “Paying” DRC

I think it does have to do with not wanting to lose him to FA. He only has 2 yrs left correct? He will likely want a raise correct? How often are raises given in Cards World? …

60. By AZ TRUE CARDS & DRC FAN on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Darren-
    Will there be a riot if DRC is traded? Yes! I think so! DRC is a great on the field and GREATER with his fans! Can’t say that about to many high profile Cards!

61. By Darren Urban on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Mike A —

RE: Raise

Fitz is about to get a second raise. Adrian Wilson. Darnell Dockett. Kurt Warner got one. They happen.

62. By Tim in NJ on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Please dont trade DRC for Kolb. I want to see the 1-2 CB duo of Peterson and DRC shutting teeams down ala Lester Haynes and Michael Haynes.

Go Cardinals/ Taking back the NFC West in 2011!

~Tim in NJ

63. By Mike A Feinen on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Darren-

RE: Raise

I know they happen. They just don’t happen too often, Dansby, Rolle, Boldin

64. By CZarr on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Let me throw a hypothetical at you. Lets say this DRC for Kolb trade happens. Now, hypothetically if DRC goes on to have another pro-bowl season for the Eagles across from Asante Samuel and Kolb ends up more like Derek Anderson (no offense Derek, you’re a good guy, but you golf better than you quarterback) than Tom Brady. Would Mr. Bidwell be accepting applications for GM and HC?

65. By Mike A Feinen on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

So if Fitzgerald just doesn’t demand a competitive team and a good QB to resign (fair). If he demands a specific QB be signed, does that make him a DIVA? I THINK SO! But I know you (Leinart like) Fitz fans cant see him do anything wrong. He is perfect RIGHT? When is it too much? Just Saying!

66. By Darren Urban on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

CZarr —

RE: Trade “future”

As I said before, whatever QB the Cards get, if he plays well, no one will care what it was for. If he plays poorly (like DA, for example, a free agent) no one will care if he was expensive or cheap — they will just be angry. Such is how it goes.

67. By Mike A Feinen on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Darren-
    RE: Trade “future”
    And no matter what you say. Some people will be angry with you LOL. I am not one of them. Fyi.

68. By Ron on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

DRC will be better this year. Remember he was coming back from a knee last year and it takes a full year to fully recover from it.

69. By Blair on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

I would kill to have a poll on here to see how for or against it the fans are or a straight drc for kolb trade

70. By DRC A CARDINALS NOT AN EAGLE on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

darren, will the cards look for for any free agent offensive linemen?

71. By Brad on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

I disagree with Darren, he says if trade happens and Kolb doesn’t work out people will be dissapointed / mad at what ever is traded for him, that’s not true at all, two 2nd-rounders or of the like then no-one would care, everyone understands Cards do not have a QB yet so they’d be happy to gamble responsibly to find one, the key word is responsibly, giving up DRC for Kolb is not responsible.

99% on this wall is adamant DRC for Kolb would be a VERY BAD TRADE, we can’t all be wrong, if so many fans can agree upon this then there has to be some truth to it, but all we can do is sit back and see if Whiz has as much sense as us, or will Whiz make another bonehead mistake regards to QB’s (like he did last pre-season)…

72. By clssylssy on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Watching NFL Live today everyone was pretty certain that the Kolb to AZ was a done deal and he was in fact looking at real estate here in the valley (that really doesn’t mean a lot…many people have second home here including McNabb). They had Hasselback going to San Francisco and also went on to say that excluding the QB, SF had the best roster and with the addition of Hasselback would be a slam dunk for winning the west. Why hasn’t Hasselback’s name come up as a prospective Cards QB. Seems like he would be a more Warner-like replacement, is a winning veteran who is a proven commondity and wouldn’t be behind the learning curve like Kolb. Even if he was only a replacement until Skelton could be brought up to the level that Whisenhunt is wanting, seems like he would be the best choice. What do you think Darren? DRC has speed which we very much need on this team, losing him would be moving backwards.

73. By Scott H on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Nick Pepe –

Man, you are SOOOO right on with everything you said about Philly! Bravo. When it comes to the Eagles, I hate everything about Philly as well. Their fans AND media are the most ignorant and arrogant you’ll find anywhere. Thet think they’re such tough guys, but in reality, they are the biggest bunch of whining cry-babies I’ve ever heard. THE greatest day of my life was when the Cards beat the Eagles in that NFC title game. The 2nd greatest was the very next day when Philly was so angry because the Cardinals were going to a Super Bowl and they WERE NOT!!!

Also agreed with you about your thoughts about being a true fan. I thought I was gonna “quit” the Cardinals, too, when Plummer left. Yeah, right. That lasted about a week…

74. By PHILLY FANATIC on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

DRC OR PAT P CMON 2 PHILLY BABY SB BABY!!!

75. By John the draft guy on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Ask yourself one question, Why will Orton cost less in both trade value and money?

If he is so much better or at least as good as Kolb, shouldnt the Broncos be asking for more?

This is the same situation. Both QBs are young and have one year left on their contracts. Yet, everyone is saying Orton can be had for a 3rd rounder and Kolb for DRC and a 1st rounder.

Now does that even make sense to any of you?

How about a second question? Why will Denver , who has a QB most don’t believe in, trade this stud named Kyle Orton? Philly can say we have Vick who had a great season and they can’t pay them both. So that makes sense. But Denver is getting rid of this great QB and go with Tebow.

Please think why.

76. By 311CardsFan on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Does anybody remember how good DRC is off the corner on PAT’s and FG’s. Yes I remember a few offsides, but I also know that his speed made kickers rush and miss chip shots taking those “for sure” points off the board for our opponents. Along with his coverage ability, I just don’t see the value in trading him. As much as I hate the SeaChickens, I’d take Hasselback, Bulger and definately Orton, rather than split with DRC for Kolb. Find a trade with a RB if necessary, we are plenty stocked there.

77. By Darren Urban on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

DRC A CARDINAL —

RE: FA OL

I believe they will yes. Who, I don’t know. One report said Cincy G Evan Mathis was possible.

78. By Nick Pepe on Jul 26, 2011 | Reply

Now WIP is reporting that we are giving up DRC and a #1 for Kolb. I understand that they are just guessing and hoping that this is the case. But I want to ask them how are the coming up with the value they are placing on Kolb. On potential?? Hype?? This whole thing just smells bad and hope it doesn’t happen.

79. By Ron on Jul 26, 2011 | Reply

You’re an idiot.

80. By CZarr on Jul 26, 2011 | Reply

That doesn’t really answer my question, but nice side step. =P

81. By VACARDSFAN on Jul 26, 2011 | Reply

Go with Hasselbeck to mentor Skelton and keep the team with a pulse for the next year or two. Hasselbeck would love to prove to his former team they made a big mistake and be hungry while Skelton is hungry to learn (plus he knows the division). Big downside is if our O-line doesn’t hold up, H-beck will be out early and Skelton back in the hot seat. Regardless, save DRC, our #1 picks, etc., forget the Philly dream machine who wants DRC, #1pick, and a leprechaun with a pot of gold. AZ certainly will not be a “happy place” if this deal goes down. I will remain a fan, however probably start looking for my paperbag.

82. By HappyEagles fan on Jul 26, 2011 | Reply

THIS IS GREAT…HAHA ALL OF US EAGLE FANS R WONDERING IF U GUYS ACTUALLY LIKE CHECK DOWN KOLB.. AND U GUYS DONT, WHICH IS GOING TO MAKE US GETTING DRC (WHICH SHOULD BE PETERSON) A GREAT MOVE. JUST BE HAPPY U GUYS BEAT US TO GO TO THE SUPERBOWL.. THIS IS PAYBACK. KOLB BLOWS HARD AND ANDY KNOWS IT. AND WE ARE GONNA TAKE DRC AND PUT HIM NEXT TO ASANTE SAMUEL AND WIN A RING… HAHA THANKS ARIZONA

83. By Nick Pepe on Jul 26, 2011 | Reply

#1) there is NO such thing as a happy Eagles fan. Never has been, never will be
    #2) I really dont see you getting a DRC or a ring
    #3) actually your cheesesteaks suck…. Cheese whiz, really???
    #4) you will however be the prohibitive favorites to win it all ….. In your own and the medias minds.
    @vacardsfan, I like the post!

Nick Pepe

84. By Darren Urban on Jul 26, 2011 | Reply

Alan —

RE: Orton v Kolb

I don’t know enough about either to do a list. I would think they are close enough in talent that the package that I’d have to trade for either would influence me. But I’m not the decision-maker.

85. By Scott H on Jul 26, 2011 | Reply

Happy Eagles fan –

Hey, how’d you like that NFC title game a few years ago? Pretty sweet, eh? Ya know, you should see the gorgeous #11 Larry Fitzgerald jersey I have and wear all the time. It has this GREAT little patch on the front that you probably wouldn’t recognize – it’s called a Super Bowl patch. It’s the same patch you Eagle fans thought was gonna be on YOUR jerseys but never was because the Cardinals took it away from you. So sad…just like you Eagle fans.

86. By CZarr on Jul 26, 2011 | Reply

Why don’t you know enough about either to do a list? Don’t get me wrong, you’re a hell of an outlet for us fans, but dude…. This is the most important thing to fans at the moment.

87. By CZarr on Jul 26, 2011 | Reply

I mean, if you want, ill spend my night dissecting their play and give you a list.

88. By VACARDSFAN on Jul 27, 2011 | Reply

*$(#! This just in, Hasselbeck is going to the Titans. This is not a good sign of things to come with DRC, the defense, the team and fans that remain (albeit probably more fired up then some of the players on the field!). At least H-beck isn’t going to the 49’ers!!! On the down’er side, DRC is still on the trading block according to all the people that get paid the big bucks to know these things. Heck, they were wrong about us going to the Super Bowl; aka “Worst play off team ever” … we showed them! Let’s hope they are wrong again in this case. All I have to say, it ain’t looking good. Somebody remind me to keep the faith please.. Say it’ ain’t so Joe…errr I mean Whiz and mgmt.

89. By Nick Pepe on Jul 27, 2011 | Reply

@va, don’t throw in the towel on DRC yet. I don’t think he goes anywhere. Kyle Orton, come on down.