• Wed., Apr. 23, 2014 8:00AM - 2:00PM MST Cardinals Charities Golf Tournament Cardinals Charities Golf Tournament at Whirlwind Golf Club (5692 W North Loop Rd, Chandler, AZ 85226).
  • Wed., Apr. 23, 2014 5:00PM - 5:15PM MST 2014 NFL schedule released The 2014 NFL schedule is released. Check out all the details on azcardinals.com.
  • Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Sendlein comes back, and other adds

Posted by Darren Urban on July 28, 2011 – 7:49 pm

This morning came the news G Daryn Colledge agreed to terms. Then came the Kolb trade.

Tonight, ESPN said the Cards agreed with Steelers DE Nick Eason, and ESPN’s Adam Schefter said center Lyle Sendlein has agreed to come back. And the Cards are still in on Eagles linebacker Stewart Bradley. (Kent Somers reported that LB Joey Porter, who was in in the morning working out, agreed to restructure his deal, keeping him on the roster). And CB Michael Adams tweeted he was flying to Phoenix “with a smile on my face” so it sounds like he’s coming back as well.

Tomorrow at 3 p.m., all these things can be official, so I expect more news then. Probably some rookie announcements. It’s all moving pretty fast.

Tags: , , , , , ,

95 Responses to “Sendlein comes back, and other adds”

1. By Haggis Bob on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

“It’s all moving pretty fast.”
    Those of us with severe ADD say ‘thank you’

2. By george on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Wonder where those people are that earlier were saying Cardinals not making moves, no plan, not aggressive? Oh yeah, I am sure they’ll now complain they did not sign Taylor, Nhamdi, and Joseph to replace DRC.

3. By Scharf on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Great News! Keep it going Cards. The only thing that still has me is giving up DRC. I really liked watching him play, I guess I’ll just have to watch a few Eagles games this year and just imagine what could have been with the DRC+PP+GT Tandem. Glad to hear we are restructuring the line and keeping our new Quarterback protected with the continued presence of Sendlein who has got to be one of the best under-rated (at least by other teams) centers in the league. Glad to see #55 still among the defense as well.

4. By Scharf on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Also – Thank You Darren for all the news. I’m glad to see your able to post now things instead of past things, although it would be nice if you kept the revisionist posts going I really enjoyed reading them!

5. By Jesus G on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Great news! Keep it coming Darren. You’ve done great over the summer. Props.

6. By tom on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

i love the speed now! now we are about to sign stewart bradley for strong inside linebacker!

7. By Scott H on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Funny how Philly-area Eagle fans and media are also frustrated by their team doing nothing during the first two days ( except signing most of their draftees ) and the Kolb trade being delayed after their team gave all assurances that they were ready to roll and to be aggressive once the bell rang. Hmmm…sound familiar? Where have I heard this before??? Seems like both the Cards and Eagles were so consumed with the Kolb trade situation that they couldn’t get anything else done. Well, I’m happy about Kolb being here but the Breaston thing has countered that with a big punch in the gut. The way I see it, this team needs a WR AND a CB and they need to AT LEAST replace the same level of talent that was there before if we are going to take this team seriously. They don’t get a pass for getting Kolb. Being better at QB isn’t gonna matter if we fall off at several other positions. I guess I still have the bitter taste of last off-season in my mouth. We lost SOOOO much more than we gained and the result was 5-11. Simple logic says to me that we now have to gain more than we lose to start getting back to where we were. Getting Kolb is a start…BUT IT’S ONLY A START!!!

8. By brad oneill on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

hooray about money mike, and another hooray about sendlien!!!! if we get Duece Back that would be great. I think it really hurt the line last year when duece was demoted for all of training camp then given his job back without enough to time to gel properly. My guess is Ken learned his lesson on teaching lessons to grown men and will not make that mistake again. Discipline him by taking away ice cream or all desserts in the team cafeteria until he makes weight!!! then everyone else will be on him to get skinny.

9. By Brian on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

@Scharf -

Couldn’t agree more. Appreciate all the hard work you do for us Cards fans Darren. It’s been fun following along with you here and on twitter, especially the sarcastic responses to the same questions over and over. Keep up the good work and we’ll keep reading!

BTW, I heard a rumor about McNabb coming to AZ because he lives here? Just kidding!

10. By Sec 113 on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Darren, any word on if the Cards might go after a CB to replace DRC? What about the Jets Cromartie–is he available?

Thanks for all the work!! It’s GREAT!!!

11. By @chanceintampa on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Honestly I have to force myself to be happy about the Kolb trade…would’ve preferred Orton for a 3rd and had the best 2ndary in the NFC; oh well, I’ll start shopping for an alternate home jersey for Kolb in the near future.

12. By theuglitruth on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Still need to get things done…or the Cards will be over paying for average talent the longer they wait.

13. By R.C. on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Hope everything turns out great in the end. GO CARDINALS.

14. By 98CardsFan on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Its good to hear the names coming to the desert. I see them fitting the scheme quite well regarding Eason and Colledge, but Bradley might be a strech. I like Nick Barnett to come in and do some dirty work, and maybe Lawson to give a boost to covering backs and tight ends, if he can get some sacks that would be the bonus. As for Kolb, I like the deal. It can go up or down but in my mind he comes into a situation like a Matt Schaub. And in case I was wrong didn’t Aaron Rodgers get hurt every time he took the field in relief of Favre?? Why yes he did but he got his chance(granted he wasn’t changing offenses) but if his presence here gets Fitz to sign long term then so be it. As for DB and WR/TE I like Richard Marshall to take the other spot if they want a sure tackler and decent cover corner. Heard names like Malcom Floyd and Braylon Edwards thrown around which I can see being that proven number 2 guy while Roberts mans the slot. Oh yeah, get Heap to teach Housler. I just really would like to see a flurry of good signings, not 3rd or 4th tier role/backups they have been known to get. Lenon was the exception. Its been months since I wrote here but am glad to be back again, thanks Darren

15. By Fred on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Despite some of the posts, I think it’s evident we DID have a plan. DRC could be great, but I don’t think he can concentrate long enough to get there. I see lots of pieces falling into place. I just wish we would have been as aggressive about a good TE.

16. By tom on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

darren,

this is way off subkect but that picture you have on the “cards release cam schedule” article is sick!!!!! it really shows how high fitz goes up compared to corners! that is the coolest pic ive ever seen! fitz is perfect form for going up on that ball! great pic i know this is wayy off topic just thought it was cool and worth a comment lol.

17. By Boondock on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Urb,

Any word on us even looking into Stephen Tulloch (Titans FA LB)? Bradley would be alright, but I would much rather have Tulloch.

Thanks and keep up the good work. Cheers to the QB mess finally being over!

18. By Billy on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

darren,
    do you think the cardinals will try to get another wide to replace Breaston. If they do what wides do you think they could get. Possibly Malcom Floyd

19. By theuglitruth on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Harvey Dahl or Blalock would be good additions…looks like Clabo is gone.

20. By Mark in Chandler on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Stewart Bradley?! He was on my wish list. I didn’t know the Cards were after him. He is the ideal 3-4 Mike. He fits much better in a 3-4 than in the 4-3 he is in with the Eagles.

21. By Bryan on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

DarrenHeard a rumor that guard Brian waters from the Chiefs was cut today. Do you think the cards would go after him as another piece to their o-line or do you think he would be asking too much?

22. By ProSportsPhoenix on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Kolb, a second-round draft pick out of the University of Houston in 2007, started just seven games in four seasons with the Eagles. He became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for 300 yards in his first two starts when he filled in for an injured McNabb in Weeks 2 and 3 in 2009. The Eagles traded McNabb to Washington in April 2010, paving the way for Kolb to become the starter.

But Kolb was injured in the first half of the opener against Green Bay and Vick played so well that he remained the starter. Kolb completed 61 percent of his passes for 2,082 yards and 11 touchdowns with 14 interceptions. He was outstanding filling in for an injured Vick last October, completing 23 of 29 passes for 326 yards, three touchdowns and one interception in a victory over Atlanta (Associated Press).

23. By AndyStandsUp on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Pleased as punch and as happy as a bug in the rug about today’s announcements, especially Sendlein.
    Still one big hole for me though(if Bradley is to replace Hayes), an effective pass rusher. Can’t depend on Porter, despite the pay cut nor Schofield with inexperience to be the guy in my eye.
    If the roster stands as is, Darren, who or what will increase the defensive pressure that lacked last season, IYO?

24. By Ernie on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Look a team needs a Qb. Period. Last year we had DRC, and breaston with a dam carousel at the qb position. Look what it got us.. this team finally went out and Hung its nuts out the window and bought best guy available. This is not the same ol cards. Every guy in that locker room wants to play like hairs on fire, back in the playoffs. This was a massive step. I’m in full support of this deal. When we all show up to U of Phx stadium loud and hungry for wins kolb and every other cardinal will want to kick some ass . I can’t wait!

25. By redbirdnation on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

I can’t wait for the Cards to smash the Niners and the rest of the NFC West. Finally something to be excited for. Go Cards!!!

26. By Ron on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Darren, do you think the Whiz will be looking at Max Starks who will be released by the Steelers?

27. By Darren Urban on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Boondock –

RE: Tulloch

If they are chasing Stewart, I’d think not.

28. By Darren Urban on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Bryan –

RE: Waters

I think they are looking other places at this point.

29. By AndyStandsUp on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Saw my whipping boy, Alan Branch, signed with the Seahawks.
    YEAHHHH!!

30. By John the draft guy on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Great signings.

Losing Branch, we needed to add depth at DE. Eason will do that.
    Love the Jeff King signing
    Colledge and Sendlein are a nice start to add to Levi Brown. We still need another guard and tackle. Bringing back Duece would be nice. Brandon Keith didn’t show anything to warrent starting this year, I’d like to bring in a vet like Jamaal Brown.

At WR, I’m not sure we are in need for a big name guy. I like to bring in James Jones who could compete as that #2. Another name is Steve Smith (giants).

CB- stay away from the big names. Land Richard Marshall. With PP and Marshall, the Cards would have 2 physical CBs who can tackle.

OLB- we dont need anyone out there. I don’t see anyone who would upgrade the spot. Turn O’Brian Schoefield lose. Of course, if James Harrison became free???

ILB- Bradley is talented but injury prone. I’ll be happy with the signing. We do have Lenon to backup. I would rather take Nick Barnett but again Bradley is a nice signing if it happens.

QB- Trading for Kolb fills a need forever. Now get out there and perform. I’m OK with the compensation. Sometimes you need to take a chance.

31. By Carl on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

I heard a rumor of Dockett getting traded. Please tell me these rumors are just rumors and that it isn’t happening.

32. By Gilbert Card on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren, keep the good work, thanks for keeping the info. flowing. I have two main concerns at this point. First, we need to upgrade our OTs, I still recall almost null pass protection and revolving door performance from our offensive line, particularly from Levi Brown. Kolb is a good QB, but does not do particularly well under pressure. If Whiz wants to give Kolb the best chances to be successful, we need serious revamping of our offensive line. Sendlein and Colledge were critical moves and I am glad we made them, but I do not think we are done strengthening our offensive line. My other main concern is Steve Breaston’s replacement. We need a fast experienced WR to split the work load from Fitz. As amazing as number eleven is, he cannot carry all our air offense without getting burned, constantly double covered, or worst case, even injured. Doucett is not the answer, nor Williams nor Komar, and Roberts looks very promising but still developing. I wish the best to our young receiver corps, and will be screaming my lungs out in each game to support them, but I do think we need to bring in a good, solid No. 2. All the best Darren. GO CARDS!!!

33. By chickenstax on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Can you explain to me why we’re chasing Bradley who plays a major contact position, while being a guy who already has major concussion problems, not to mention has been incredibly injured the last two years, missing 20 games over that span? And considering we have a rookie at one spot and a completely unproven 3rd year guy at the other CB spot, are we going to bring in anyone worth a lick who’s actually proven they deserve to be on the field at the CB position?

Thanks

CS

34. By DJG on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren,
    Any inside word on who they might go after to replace Breaston?

35. By cardfan6 on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

do you realize if the cards were to pick up Nnamdi everyone will quickly forget about DRC.

36. By pleasestayfitz on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Aaron Rodgers had 7 starts before green bay gave him the reigns…. please Kolb be another aaron rodgers. All I know is I’m so happy we didn’t get Orton, the guy plays with no passion. Bradley would be awesome to get! I say we let deuce go (he’s overrated) and pick up another guard. Not saying we need nnamdi, but we def need a cb. Rodgers or Marshall hopefully…. and please bring in a olb. Maybe Matt Roth… not really sold on lawson

37. By johnjohn1105 on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

There’s reports that the cards are close in signing Malcom Floyd/Brandon Edwards to replace Steve Breaston. Is there any truth to that?

38. By D on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

be nice when the list comes out today to have some nice suprises on it, like a Bradley or a good second WR or a good Corner….

39. By W. Hayes on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

I like the trade for Kolb, but for way to much. At best we should have give a 2nd round and 5th. To give DRG for him and a pick WOW. Lossing Bresden is going to hurt. I don’t know our CAP but we need to fill some critical positions otherwise we will be in the same boat as last year.

40. By Darren Urban on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Chicken –

RE: Why Bradley/CB

I don’t know, and I don’t know.

41. By Darren Urban on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

DJG –

RE: Replacing Breaston

I think the Cards will end up signing a lower-tier veteran.

42. By D on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Can’t believe the $ A branch got…cards need a backup DL in addition to eason…maybe a m spears?

43. By SSG Tim Roberts (Army) on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

WOOOOOOOW, I knew coming into this season (after that last dismal season we had) we would be picking up the pace, but this is getting better and better! We have (what looks like) a strong offensive line (lets get Duece baby) coming into it and our defense is getting better from all the reports I’m seeing. If this goes well this year, then we could be looking real sharp. Seatle is giving up way to much this year and so has the 49ers. Not sure on the Rams, but if we keep this up we should get the division back. IF everything goes in the right direction that is. We have some tough teams this year, but I don’t figure this to be a “banner” year for any of the teams this year regardless of who is signed to each team. All the time they missed from this lock out will probably hurt all of the teams and the shuffleing around of big names into different schemes is going to be interesting to watch. Lets go Cards! Lets spend some of that big fat money and get us some wins this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. By Frustrated on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Any chance the Cards could take a run at DeSean Jackson to play opposite Fitz?

45. By Darren Urban on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Frustrated –

RE: DeSean

A) Jackson sees himself as a No. 1, not a Fitz second banana.
    B) He’s under contract, and he wants a big new deal.
    C) The Eagles would never get rid of him.

46. By stephn on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

San Diego tribune says Arizona and Minnesota are the front runners to land Malcom Floyd

47. By johnjohn1105 on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Looks like Malcom Floyd is going to pair up with Fitz.. I love the way our offense looks now. Our O-Line looks decent, a Fitz, Floyd, Roberts and SWilliams wr tandem looks really good. We have a blocking TE in Knight and a really good receiving TE in the rookie. Three quality running backs in Wells, Hightowers and Williams. Finally, a quarterback who can make all these componets come together. Really excited!!

48. By motavaysean on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Are we still looking at Malcom Floyd . That would make a lot of us very happy .

49. By cards62 on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Chickenstax makes some very good points about going after Bradley. I do not know his game. What do others thinkof Bradley?

What do you guys think of replacing Branch with Eason and Branch going to Seattle. I thought Branch was finally coming on last year.

Still need OT, CB, LB, WR, TE Stay busy Cardinals

50. By Chris Freeman on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren-

whats the possibility of pulling out of the Kolb deal and going after Orton, since now hes not signing with Dolphins? Kinda reminds me of bulger last year and the late realease>

51. By Chris Freeman on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

reports dolphins dont want to pay the the minimum 6-7 million a year to sign Orton, so they sign matt moore instead, and nothings official till 6 pm.

52. By jason on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Have there been any new news about the rookie contracts?

53. By Chris Freeman on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

… Does alot of DRC leaving have to do with the gameplay of Toler last year?

54. By Poopha on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Carlos Rogers at CB. Maybe Chris Houston?

55. By Darren Urban on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Chris –

RE: Kolb trade

I will assume you are joking.

56. By Chris R on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren –

Any idea what we’re looking like in terms of Salary Cap and how much space we have left? I assume before signing any “big name” Vet FA we’re going to try to extend Fitz, that is, if we sign any “big names”. Fitz’s extension has to play a role in the rest of our FA moves, I would assume.

Thanks,

Chris

57. By Darren Urban on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Jason –

RE: Rookies

Reports are Peterson/Williams back east waiting. I did see Sam Acho here this morning.

58. By Darren Urban on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Chris –

RE: DRC/Toler

A lot of DRC leaving is that he’s who the Eagles demanded if the Cards wanted Kolb.

59. By Darren Urban on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Chris R –

RE: Cap

No idea. This thing is moving at warp speed.

60. By D on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Available corners still on the market: Richard Marshall, Brent Grimes, Chris Carr and Brandon Carr…

61. By VoiceofReason on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Any word on WR? 3TV reported Braylon Edwards as a possibility, which would be a GREAT move for us. Malcolm Floyd would also be good a sa speed guy, although he doesn’t have the best hands (which Card fans have grown used to with Fitzgerald and Boldin).

62. By Darren Urban on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Voice –

RE: WR

I have heard the Braylon and Floyd reports. Don’t know anything further than that.

63. By johnjohn1105 on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

I would love Carlos Rodgers next to PPeterson. I wouldn’t mind Nate Clements either.

64. By Rodgerscromartie17 on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Brent Grimes would be a good replacement of drc

65. By Matt in Philly on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

About how much of the cap space have we used up so far? If we could bring in a Malcom Floyd AND an Antonio Cromartie, this wouldn’t be such a bad offseason after all.

66. By Rodgerscromartie17 on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Urban, are the Cards more focused on a wideout or a corner at this point? What do u know about Antonio Cromartie? or WR Jenkins from ATL? or is arizona going to pull the typical and just sign 2 low key players so they dont have to spend money?

67. By Lewis on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

I was reading a report where Whiz was asked bout pursuing a CB, and he referenced all the young CB’s on the roster. I checked the roster and noticed 5 rookie CB’s including Patrick Peterson. Desia Dunn from Fresno St. stood out most IMO. Any thoughts on that?

68. By Andy on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Here is an idea. How about we trade either Beanie or Hightower to the Colts for Austin Collie!! I know he is concussion prone but when he is healthy, he is one heck of a football player. Plus I think Addai is a free agent so it is a win for them and us.

69. By eric c on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

still hate to see DRC leave but I am excited about Kolb.I’m glad it’s done and we can look forward…hope they can sign stewart bradley.Really glad we keep Sendlein around.

70. By Steve on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren, Please be kind enough and answer Chris about pulling out of the contract for $63 mill and getting Orton.

Inquiring minds NEED to know about those “Just kidding” contacts that exist in the NFL!!!

My lord, man probably has a drivers licence!!

71. By clssylssy on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Still in shock that after refusing to pay Boldin who with Fitz was considered “the most dangerous tandum in football”, and who Warner and Fitz both wanted, we agreed to sixty-three million,a second round pick AND DRC, for Kolb who will be of no use as a starter. Stewart Bradley who has an impressive resume, has also been plagued with major health issues which makes him one of the walking wounded. Looks like we are going to be long on “potential” talent and short on real experience and leadership. Now that we are down to four,five, veterans from the ’08 dreamteam, have our all-black uniforms, Horton, and castoff Steelers players looks like we are posing to be Whiz’s ” Steelers West”. OK…let’s do it then but, with that kind of money being paid, fans are going to expect no less than a Division Title and return to the SB.

72. By kolb2fitz on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren

I have been hearing alot of talk that as of 3PM eastern time we will hear announcements of any/all signings to date. Is any of that true? I have heard some reports of signings already come out but others that just havnt been announced

can u confirm?

73. By Darren Urban on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Lewis –

RE: CBs

Again, I don’t know if they are pursuing anyone. There are still a lot of moving parts.

74. By Darren Urban on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Kolb2Fitz –

RE: Signings

No signings can be official until 3 p.m. Az time today (Friday). There will be some acquisitions coming out then that haven’t been reported.

75. By kolb2fitz on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren

To celebrate our “new look” Cards tonight should I go with a frosty gin martini or a 6 pack of cold crisp refreshing Miller Lites?

76. By Blair on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

If the cards don’t try and replace drc and spoon feed us this “toler is good” bs I’m going to scream! and if they are going to settle at cb let’s hope they make that “big move” for our pass rush. This offseason is feeling a lot like last, just figuring we are all good with the guys we have. I don’t think so.

77. By D-Dub on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren-

Could one of those unreported acquisitions you spoke about be an OT? There are still some quality ones available. Also are they most likely going to re-sign Lutui?

78. By D on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

S. Bradley done deal

79. By modvaysean on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

RAMS just picked up OG Dahl from the Falcons . We need to get another oline man . We won’t win anything if Kolb is on his back all year long . GO GET HIM SOME PROTECTION AZ B$ THE GOOD ONES ARE GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!

80. By Jon L. on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

I like the acquisition of Kolb. He could be the key to the future for the Cardinals.

81. By Dylan on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren

I read on profootballtalk.com that the cards picked up stewart bradley. does that have any truth behind it?

82. By Eric on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Classylassy, please sell your season tickets. “Kolb will be of no use” is, so far, the dumbest comment about the situation I have heard. The 2008 “dream” team is gone, get over it and HELP the team move forward. Clearly a band waggon fan.

83. By Stop making excuses on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

STOP making excuses for Kolb already hes getting paid 65 million, put in the work learn the offense (become a Payton manning Clone and stop the he cant be ready this year crap.. STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND WORK!!!!!!!

84. By alan on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

darren
    whats your take on the cards looking at another trade for Asante Samuel

85. By Darren Urban on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Alan –

RE: Samuel

Still trying to wrap my head that Eagles got Nnamdi.

86. By alan on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

well there saying that by picking up Nnamdi and trading samuel there getting Nnamdi for 3million more than what there paying for samuel

87. By trent on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

we should get antonio cromartie

88. By Billy on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

The Cardinals got Stuckey but are they still looking for a better wide

89. By John on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren, apparently Evan Mathis, an offensive lineman for the Bengals was interested in playing for the Cardinals, he seems like a good player and wouldn’t be too expensive, do you know if the Cards have been talking to him?

90. By Mark in Chandler on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Any thoughts who the Cards are considering to replace Lutui? Are the comfortable with Hadnot there?

91. By mbaker on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

Darren-

I believe even with the above signings that the Cardinals are still about 15-20Mil under the salary cap which means they will still be required to spend another 10Mil
    to meet requirements of the new CBA. Are they planning to spend that on a reserve Long Snapper? They need to get on the ball and sign high quality UFA’s before everyone else does!

92. By pipapiko on Jul 30, 2011 | Reply

I’m so glad Deuce is on his way to cincy! Obviously these clowns can’t lock anyone down that has proven himself as the best o-linemen on the team. People try to use his weight as an issue, but if he shining on dudes that’s all that matters! Deuce was over weight last off-season camp, but yet he came in and past all the test’s on top that slapp’d the media and organization in the face and got his job back hahahahahahaha….. Don’t you guys get it??? The cards gave up too much and paid kolb way too much! I hope they remember kolb’s track record of concussions too??? I can’t wait to see who on the o-line is gonna hold there own! Because as far as I’m concerned, none of them can really grind as hard as Deuce did! What kind of Captain is constantly calling for help for a down block! The film don’t lie!

93. By pipapiko on Jul 30, 2011 | Reply

12/24/2011 I can’t wait to see Deuce slam Dockett on his dreadlocks!

94. By Darren Urban on Jul 30, 2011 | Reply

John –

RE: Mathis

I have not heard about him since before free agency, but until he signs, I think it’s possible.

95. By Darren Urban on Jul 30, 2011 | Reply

Mark in –

RE: Replacing Lutui

Hadnot and Bridges will get a shot but I won’t be surprised if they sign another O-lineman either.