No Komar for Raiders

Posted by Darren Urban on August 11, 2011 – 6:46 pm

The Cardinals will be basically healthy for the game tonight. Three players will be out, including WR Max Komar, who tweaked his groin and will sit. Also out, of course, are safety Adrian Wilson (biceps) and cornerback Michael Adams (knee). I expect QB Kevin Kolb to go 15 or 20 plays, and No. 2 QB John Skelton will get to play some with the first-string offensive line.

As usual, you can follow me tweeting live updates at Twitter.com/cardschatter. Bigger news will find its way to the blog, and we will have stories and video up after the game.

Tags: , ,

25 Responses to “No Komar for Raiders”

1. By Secret on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

Dang, Komar is probably my favorite receiver besides Fitz…. I hope he can shine in future games!

2. By Scott H on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

Am I missing something??? It’s 10:30 and it doesn’t look like the game is going on…wasn’t it supposed to be a 10:00 start?

3. By Darren Urban on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

Scott H –

RE: Game

The game is going on, yes.

4. By MIKE G on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren—Do you think the league did a good move making these kickoffs from the 40?? Peeking at some of the exhibition games–too many touchbacks— boring!! The kickoff return was exciting–not anymore!!

5. By cactus jeff on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

Darren
    1st half assessment? I see obvious improvement at TE, QB and OL. No improvement at OLB. They are asking a lot of DD and Campbell without help from the outside. Graves, get busy and get a #2WR.

6. By CJ on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

i felt like kolb didnt play a lot tonight i expect that as he gets more accustomed with the offense hell play a little bit more each game

7. By Paul H on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

Well, here we are messing with A. Roberts returning punts again. How many times is he going to drop the ball on the ground before Whiz pulls the plug on him. Not sure why he gets to do it. I don’t really remember a decent return of his going back to last season.

8. By Kaleb on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

Notes on kolb- didn’t play long enough. why was that?
    However, he looked decent for a guy with only 5 practices a couple mis-communications but no stupid mistakes.
    Sherman- looks solid on special teams causing a fumble
    Roberts- not impressed.
    beanie- beautiful stiffarm, love it
    ryan williams- decent
    patrick peterson- didn’t seem to be going 100%, any knowledge of that being pre-meditated?
    sampson- should be #2, wow

9. By Kaleb on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

I like some of the new sets they are bringing out, and some new plays look pretty sharp.

10. By Kaleb on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

Rashad johnson looked pretty bad in coverage
    a.j. jefferson got beat a few times
    D washington got pushed around a few times

11. By John on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

After the performances of the wide recievers, are the cardinals still going after lee evans?

12. By JK on Aug 11, 2011 | Reply

Checked the stat line for the defense and did Adrian Wilson play?? Good comeback.

13. By george on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

I have decided we have way to many Williams’ on our team right now; Dan, Ryan, Isaiah, Stephen… come on this is insane.

14. By cardsalltheway on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

Why do we always seem to hand-off to Beanie?
    How about a ‘pitch righ’t or ‘pitch left,’ why can’t we do simple things to get Beanie more yards? First play of the game ~ Uhhh, hand-off up the middle. Wow!

15. By mp on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

did i miss something or did the cardinals NOT kickoff after the halftime?? the raiders kicked off to us in the 1st quarter.

16. By Darren Urban on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

Mike G –

RE: KO rule

I don’t like it, but it is in for safety reasons.

17. By Darren Urban on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

John –

RE: Evans

I don’t know if they were ever “going after him.”

18. By Darren Urban on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

JK –

RE: Wilson

Adrian sat out with his injury.

19. By mp on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

20. By Darren Urban on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

MP –

RE: KO

I addressed that in the aftermath blog. Raiders screwed up.

21. By clssylssy on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

Thought Skelton and Hall were amazing and expect Kolb is behind the learning curve but once he captures that “clinkability” will be good, just still don’t believe he was worth the price. Fitz looked a little frustrated and disappointed but still much improvement for everyone from last year. Every time the Raiders had the ball, I found myself screaming “where the Hell is our defense?” I wish we could keep all of these QBs…have a feeling that we are going to need the depth…and how can you argue with Hall’s 28 yd TD with less that 2 minutes to go in the game?

22. By Barry Bond on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

Well to my surprise. Receivers Williams, Doucet, and Roberts did alright in the Raider game. Fitz of course was outstanding. I wonder why we are back in the groove again (almost)? Answer Kevin Kolb is ACCURATE and has great mobility. In fact all four quarterbacks did good and that tells me if the ball is thrown where it is suppose to be receivers catch it? Last season time after time balls were way over thrown and plays were a bust! Also that Ryan Williams is FAST and he can run. I don’t want to be over confident but Chris Johnson (Titans) move over you got company? Last but not least. Defensive coordinator Ray Horton your defense did great. Held the Raiders to only 2 field goals in the first half when both teams had starters on the field. I love it! Gentlemen, I think we see some light at the end of the tunnel? Go Cards Go! Next week Green Bay will be a real test for our young guys. We will see.

23. By drummer-1 on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

@cardsalltheway..

wWasn’t it just last season you were complaining the Cards didn’t run enough or we abandon the run to fast, now complaining they ran on the first play.. Quick question why are you looking for things to cry about, it’s preseason for god sake..relax..

24. By Scott H on Aug 12, 2011 | Reply

Darren -

I was expecting to follow the game on NFL.com, as I always do, and their Game Center showed nothing going on with the game! I bailed around 10:40, put on NFL Network and saw coverage there. Was hoping it might be on ESPN, but no. It was past my bedtime, anyway! Can’t hang like I used to, ya know?

25. By cardsalltheway on Aug 14, 2011 | Reply

drummer-1,
    Leave it to you to miss the point. Yaaawn!!!