“Final” roster still in motion UPDATE

Posted by Darren Urban on September 2, 2011 – 1:52 pm

The Cards have made their cuts to get down to the required 53-man roster. Some interesting names, but nothing shocking. Punter Ben Graham was let go in favor of Dave Zastudil, and that was something that had been possible ever since last year ended. The hope was to find a guy who was more consistent in changing field position after the Cards’ offense stalled deep in their own territory.

They obviously don’t think rookie LB Quan Sturdivant is ready but didn’t want to expose him to waivers, so he is kept along with Reggie Walker. Five tight ends stay for now, making you wonder about the short-term availability of Jim Dray after Dray hurt his pectoral muscle last night. The backup center is now starting guard Rex Hadnot, meaning Ben Claxton could be let go and the team could take young offensive tackle D’Anthony Batiste as an eighth offensive lineman. And Matt Ware being cut has to bode well for Adrian Wilson’s rehab.

Regardless, I expect this roster to change. Over this weekend, maybe early next week, and again possibly after the first regular-season game. That’s not unusual, and the guys at the bottom of the roster can’t rest easy.

UPDATE: Whiz said the roster is “in pencil” and will definitely change before playing Carolina. So there’s that. Biggest surprise to make it thus far: DE Ronald Talley. The roster breakdown is like this:

• QB – 3
  • RB – 3
  • FB – 1
  • WR – 6
  • TE – 5
  • OL – 8
  • DL – 7
  • LB – 9
  • CB – 4
  • S – 4
  • ST – 3

Tags: , , , , ,

73 Responses to ““Final” roster still in motion UPDATE”

1. By Paul H on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Really no shock with Graham or Ware. I thought Graham was getting the ball off slow. I could see a few blocks in his future. As for Ware. I didn’t think there was any “fire” in his game. Seemed to be ‘punching a clock”, not wanting to get hurt.

2. By cardsfan007 on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Ben Graham was seriously released, he is the only punter i consider to be an Offensive Weapon

3. By Big Red on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

WOW!!!! 4 DB/CB…… Scary… Def going to have to sign a vet

4. By Phoenixraven1 on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Can we have some background on Talley?

5. By Charles J on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Why would the cardinals carry 5 TE and only 4 CBs and one is hurt.

6. By Brad on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Ben Graham, won’t get a better punter then that, he has got us a heap of inside 5yard punts, did so again last pre-season game, he out-performed Zastudil in that game, Graham gets a lot of hang-time allowing our runners to get there and down the ball….can’t understand this move…

7. By Steve on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Just curious, will the Cardinals be keeping all 7 of the players on injured reserve or will they be releasing some of them with settlements,etc?Just kind of Curious why they kept Thorson,Jeffcoatt,etc when we haven’t seen or heard much about them.

8. By Chad on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

It seems unfair that we have to reserve a roster spot for the LS. We could use that spot for a player who would have a more diverse role. I understand the ST guys change the game a ton, but you wish the LS was a back-up OL or something.

9. By clssylssy on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Thought William Powell showed real guts and grit in his performance against the Broncos, and while you seemed to have had an inside track with your remark that he would be a “footnote”, we seem to have given up a player who had real tenacity and passion for the unknown. Have to admit I was shocked at some players released including Graham. Also find it curious that The Bleacher Report feels the Cards had a “poor preseason”…huh, I thought it was pretty impressive, given the fact that we had nearly a complete roster change with only about four weeks…???…Go figure. Best Wishes to the guys cut, this isn’t the only game around!

10. By Mark on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Don’t you think it’s kind of crappy to keep Spach around for maybe a week or two just to release him? Ruins his chances of getting picked up by another team. Kind of a crappy thing to do for the guy when he’s worked so hard for them the last 3 years. Your take?

11. By if fitz we trust on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

not so suprising, EXCEPT MAUI’A HE WAS A GREAT FB, but sherman is a beast no im fine wit the chose, i would have liked to keep LB davis too, he had a solid 4th game, i think he is better than sturdivant, figures they’ve decided to go with the draft picks, would suck to release our young picks, only to see them flourish with another squad. great strategy….. an personally i would like to see adrian wilson sit untill hes fully healed, i mean i praise his commitment, but hes not a machine, hes an older player who need to take care of his body. i would rather see a 100% healthy wilson in week 5, rather than a questionable wilson week one with the risk of further damaging his bi-cep. also i liked sampson over stuckey.

12. By NJAzCardsFan on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Darren- With the new CBA is the Practice Squad still at 8? Any idea who is going to make that this year?

13. By Scharf on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Your kidding me. Ben Graham was released? Out of 200+ punts only about what? 10-15 of those were touchbacks? I can’t believe the Cardinals would let such a really good offensive weapon go!

14. By Tbru on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Graham always seems to drop the ball just inside the goal line, This one shocks me. Was this a salary issue?

Powell was given every chance to prove himself against the Broncs and didn’t 5 TE’s I think that will be a bubble spot depending on what we add.

15. By JoeVero on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Wait, so if Lyle Sendlein gets injured the line will be Brown, Colledge, Hadnot, Lutui, Keith?

16. By Dylan Clarke on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren any news on any DB’s four is very thin, and Any news on RB’s? And one last thing, do you know when we will be wearing the black alt. jerseys?

17. By Eric on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

I am so disappointed that Reagan Maui’a was cut. That guy was a total wrecking ball and has come a long way in the last two years. I love Anthony Sherman as well, and see him better running and recieving the ball, but two monsters like that can be invaluable to a team. 5 TE’s seems rediculous since they are used sparingly any way and Heap, King, and Housler would have been fine. I really hope to see Reagan Maui’a back on this team. The guy is a stud. Sorry, between Dray and Maui’a, I’m sorry Reagan gets the nod every time. I know Whiz has a soft spot for TE’s, but seriously, 5 TE’s? For the first time this year, I am not in agreement with the decision. Dam.

18. By Mr. Know It All on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

I CALLED IT HERE

CARDS WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. By aFanThatsWantsREVENGE on Sep 2, 2011 | Reply

I believe Ben Graham was released for financial reason. i thought he was a great Punter. I would like the reason why they released him.

20. By Brad on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Darren: I posted a comment on this page, said up for review, looks like you didn’t pass it? Why not? No curse words, no offensive comments…

21. By kaleb on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

too many linebackers and not enough DB’s. I think Acho and Quan should spend their rookie years on practice squad and we should pick up one more RB and one more CB and we will be square. Any word on practice squad?

22. By D on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

I know they may look to add a RB and Corner…but if the Colts cut first rounder and former teammate of D. Washington-Jerry Hughes today-the Cards should bring him in—he has been playing out of position at DE, he could be a good OLB pass rusher….

23. By D on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

S. Slaton RB is in his last year of his contract at only $550k-he maybe a better option than C. Taylor

24. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Phoenixraven –

RE: Talley

25. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Charles J –

RE: Roster moves

“This will not be the 53-man roster that we have to play Carolina next week.”

26. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Steve –

RE: IR players

Yes, I would expect some of them to settle.

27. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Mark –

RE: Spach

I think that’s the business. The Cards need Spach right now. Who knows, maybe he sticks long-term.

28. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

NJAzCardsFan –

RE: Practice squad

It’s still 8. I could see guys like DJ Young, Aaron Nichols, Ricky Lumpkin. We will see.

29. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

JoeVero –

RE: Line with injury

That would be my guess.

30. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Dylan –

RE: Possible Pickups/jerseys

1) http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/A-Cut-To-53/81c35f5e-ca27-4165-b439-420c409296e4
    2) Nothing has been announced on the black jerseys.

31. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

aFanThats –

RE: Graham

Graham was not released because of finances. They wanted more consistency.

32. By D on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Prescott Burgess would be a nice addition to the LB group…Parrish Cox could be a name at CB to bring in

33. By Allen in Boise on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

RE: Graham, I still don’t get it. Zastudil seemed consistently average and kicked a line drive down the middle of the field in the last pre season game that was one tackler away from going to the house. Seems Grahams upside for directional kicking out ways Zastudils pedestrian 43yd average.

34. By Allen in Boise on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Would have liked to see the DE Navarre make the team. He seemed to be a high motor guy. Hard to argue with Eason and Holliday as the backups though.

35. By soares20 on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Darren the Bears just released Chester Tayor I think he would be a great upgrade for our running back position! Do you think the Cards will take a look at him now that he’s on the open market? I believe he would be better than Smith

36. By kaleb on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Darren, i know this is repetative, but even you admitted that ben graham responded well to the competition in preseason wk. 3 and he had an even better wk. 4 in my opinion with that monster 53 yard blast to pin them on the 6 yd line. I think graham has a gift of putting the right touch on the punt to get it to either bounce forward rapidly or stay put when it hits… just curious if the fans can get an explanation here seems like there might be some other conflict here or something the way we brought in zastudil so fast and dropped BG right away..?

37. By John S on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Why was Powell in almost the entire game in the last preseason game and released and Alfonso Smith didn’t play and stays? Did he even get in one play during the entire preseason? I’m confused.

38. By cardsalltheway on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

“They wanted more consistency”
    I like healthy players, those kind are more consistent if you ask me, don’t you think? He’s coming back from a torn right patella. Why does Ken W. like players with serious injury concerns? Dave Zastudil missed the entire 2010 season, another player of ours, 2nd round RB missed part of the 2010 season and will now miss this season.
    “On November 18, 2009 Zastudil was put on injured reserve after a lingering knee problem. His knee did not recover as well as expected after surgery, and Zastudil was placed on injured reserve again for the 2010 season, the Browns waived him on November 16, 2011.”

Also, Dave Zastudil’s average is lower than Ben Graham’s 2010 average, which is what Ken W. seems to be upset about. If I remember correctly most every player’s performance sucked last year. Frankly, it sounds like Ken W. is blaming last year on Ben Graham.
    Here is the quote kicker “Dave has a body of work that we’re familiar with,” Whisenhunt said, “punting in the AFC North and in those conditions and being a successful punter. That was part of the information that we had going in.”

So Dave Zastudil’s “body of work” counts but last year’s average/performance of Ben Graham is the ONLY thing that matters, how is that fair?

And, we play 8 games in AZ and two, yes that’s right 2 games in AFC North division stadiums. I’m also not worried about the “conditions” in Philadelphia on Nov. 11th. Oh, and the Super Bowl is in a domed stadium(Indianapolis).

I watched the preseason games, Ben Graham outperformed Dave Zastudil. Ben Graham stuck punts inside the 20 like he often does and made at least one guy fumble the punt which is another positive thing(his spin) about Graham. What did Dave Zastudil do???
    I guess Ken W. thinks we’re going to need a punter that will be kicking out of our own end zone so many times which must mean he doesn’t have confidence in our offense or himself in calling the right plays to get us first downs when we’re in that difficult spot. What a confidence builder we have in Ken W. His reasoning has holes and is baseless. It’s very simple, Dave Zastudil must have the kind of red-haired “moxy: Ken W. likes:(

39. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

soares –

RE: Taylor

I think they will look at him, yes.

40. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Kaleb, everyone –

RE: Graham

Guys, I’m not going to keep hitting on this over and over. I have explained it, many many times, including right above here on this post. I referenced it as far back as January. What else is there to know?

41. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

John S –

RE: Powell

It was the fourth preseason game. One of the reasons they kept giving it to Powell was to protect the RBs they were going to keep. The fourth game is practically meaningless in many ways. Everyone should understand that by now.

42. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

cardsalltheway –

RE: Whisenhunt

43. By fightingbird on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren hope you and your family has a good labor day weekend. I have one question ,what happened to the # 80 Doucet had it and now hes # 85 just wondering, Thanks. “WE DO THIS TOGETHER”

44. By Tyler on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

I come here to get updates and hear what people think, but some of the conversations here are freaking hilarious! Go cardinals!

I liked ben but lets see what the other guy can do, it might me good.

45. By clssylssy on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Darren-
    You should see by now that Cards fans feel they are better qualified than the coaches to do the coaches jobs and there is always going to be disappointment surrounding these difficult decisions and then will come the “I told you so’s” if we don’t do well. I am glad that we have some depth in the TE position, as this can be a flexible position that makes bigs plays…thinking of some of the greats…Terry Bradshaw,Tony Gonzalez, Jeremy Shockey…oh yeah, Ken Whisenhunt. And speaking of Jeremy Shockey, I sure hope that we aren’t underestimating the Panthers because I could see Shockey going through us like kleenex and what a terrible way to start the season, losing to the kitty kats, I do think that on occasion,we have made bad calls and just wonder if you or the organization ever admits it when you are wrong?

46. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

fightingbird –

RE: Doucet

He just wanted a fresh start, he said.

47. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

clssylssy –

RE: Wrong decisions

If there are any quotes along those lines, I write about them.

I am never wrong. I am never right. I try to report what is going on. I have opinions and try to pass some of those along, but they are ultimately meaningless because I have no say in what decisions are made. I don’t have a problem with fans being upset with something or thinking it is wrong. I do have a problem when I am asked, over and over and over, the same thing, like I’m hiding something. Take the case of Graham, for instance. I have mentioned more than once why they wanted to make a move. Yet everyone is waiting for some conspiracy theory. People say they want an explanation, but the truth is, they usually want a certain explanation. If they don’t get the one they want, they keep looking. That doesn’t always makes sense to me.

I liked Ben Graham. I could see why you’d want to have him. But I think it’s disingenuous — or worse, someone isn’t paying attention — for anyone to say he didn’t struggle at key times last year trying to change field position. The coaches are watching this stuff all the time. They have ways they want things done. If players don’t accomplish that, they may look in a different direction. I have been covering this game long enough that I understand that.

The front office is going to make bad decisions at times. So are the coaches. Who doesn’t? I have never hesitated to post someone’s comments along those lines. I will call someone on it, however, if I think it’s based simply on emotion and no real analysis.

48. By Chris on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Darren, I can’t help but see Chester Taylor floating out there after being foolishly cut by the bears.
    I believe his struggles running the ball show how poor that offensive line really is, if you take into account the sacks cutler took also.
    I understand, next year Williams will be back so it would have to be a one year offer to Taylor.
    What are the odds of this happening? Behind Beanie makes a lot of sense to me. I think Taylor has plenty of gas left in the tank and would be a upgrade to the current roster.

49. By CNelson on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Just wanted to say thank you.

Im sorry for the crap you get from time to time from the ppl that are always negative.
    We do love ya thoe and the cards coverage wouldnt be the same without ya!
    So again, Thank You Darren, you need a raise! :)

50. By cardsalltheway on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Darren asks…
    “Let me ask you a question: Is there anything Whisenhunt can do without you being ticked off about it? I wish we had blog comments back in January of 2009. You probably would have blamed him for something.”
    But you didn’t answer any of my questions. Dumb-fouded would be a better way to describe how I feel about Ben Graham being cut. You obviously haven’t been paying attention to my comments which been rather up beat this season minus the 2nd round draft pick. And I wasn’t very vocal about it, I just stated my opinion and pointed it out when I was right. I certainly don’t have a big ego so if/when I’m ever proven wrong about something then I’d welcome the discussion. In my previous comment, I thought I brought up some good points about Ben Graham, instead you just try to classify me as negative. I just thought I’d remind everyone what you said about Dave Zastudil…”missing all of last season with — coincidentally, given the events with running back Ryan Williams — a torn patella tendon in his plant leg.”

I’d be more concerned about a RB coming back from a torn patella than a punter, but like Dave Zastudil, Ryan Williams also missed 2010 games/half the season due to injury(and look what happened to him). Maybe we’ll learn something or get an idea of how difficult it might be for Ryan Williams by watching Dave Zastudil?

This is what you said about Ben Graham/reaction to Dave Zastudil’s signing on August 24th which doesn’t include anything about him MISSING the ENTIRE 2010 season due to injury.
    “Ben Graham was the only Card to punt. He sure seemed to respond well to the signing of Dave Zastudil. Graham averaged 41.3 yards on four punts, dropping three inside the San Diego 20 and netting 48 yards on his other kick. He’s not going anywhere if he performs like that.”

From your own comment, you must be shocked at the decision to cut B. Graham. I still wonder what it was Dave Zastudil did since August 24th? And if it’s really all about his “body of work” then why didn’t Ken W. allow Dave Zastudil to punt the ball more during the last game or simply sit Ben Graham?

Now, a player can get injured(torn patella), sit out the previous season, get waived by previous team, then come to the Cardinals and win a competition in 1 week based on so-so historical statistics. Wow, how impressive!

In response to this…”I wish we had blog comments back in January of 2009. You probably would have blamed him for something.”
    I was mostly satisfied with the 2009 season, sometimes thrilled. What gave me a reason to seek out a way to let my voice heard since then was the unforgivable Matt Leinart move, which qualifies as one of the worst decisions by an NFL head coach that I’ve known, especially when you consider Ken W.’s answers were D. Anderson and a non-drafted rookie at THE most important position in the game. People tend to come out of the wood-work when terrible things like the above happen, aye?

51. By cardsalltheway on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Correction: I found where you did mention him missing the entire season and included it but forgot to delete my initial thought that you didn’t-feel free to delete that part in capital letters.

52. By Phoenixraven1 on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

53. By cardsalltheway on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

I’m from the mid-west, but moved out west when I was 20. When I went back for a visit one summer I ate some sweet corn, it was fantastic. I didn’t realize what I had growing up. I liken Ben Graham to sweet corn, Ken W. doesn’t realize what he had, but I’d bet given time, he will.

54. By AndyStandsUp on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Bottom line about Graham and other players that the Cards cut is management thinks that decision makes them a better team to win, because if you don’t win, soon enough you won’t be making those decisions. Whiz, Keim, Graves, etc aren’t letting Ben or Gerald Hayes or Will Davis or Steve Breaston go because they want to lose.
    That being said, I love some of the poster’s convictions showing they’re not apathetic, they care about this team.

And Darren – you seem like a half empty kinda guy :), but I like the rebellious attitude also.

55. By ozcard on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Just a final word on the Ben Graham debate. I have seen him play both sports for 15 years and he is obviously a terrific guy and a leader. I love the way he uses a drop punt to pin the opposition in the 10 however he’s not getting any younger and in the last couple of years it has started to show. Shame to lose a fellow Aussie on my team but its a ruthless business isnt it?

56. By Cards4Life on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Just curious..
    Any buzz about Meriweather??

Do you know what RBs we are looking at ie Chester Taylor, Portis, Lendale White, etc?

57. By clssylssy on Sep 3, 2011 | Reply

Thanks for the reply Darren. I understand that football is a business and while I am a consumer, I am not the owner and business decisions are not my purview.
    I do think it is unfair to hold last year’s season against any of the players. It happened, we can learn from it and move on…as you said before, it’s the business. I, feel very encouraged by our performance in the preseason and wouldn’t have wanted to be the one making the decisions about the cuts. Am looking forward to the beginning of the regular season and seeing who we pick up. GO CARDS! WE DO THIS TOGETHER!

58. By Darren Urban on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Chris –

RE: Taylor

Again, I believe he will be looked at closely. Whether he ends up a Cardinal will depend on a couple of things, including what other team(s) might be chasing him.

59. By Darren Urban on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

cardsalltheway –

RE: Your comments

In all honesty, I have gotten to the point where I obviously will post your comments, but try not to respond anymore. Not worth it.

60. By cardsalltheway on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Since you rarely answer my questions anyway I don’t think it matters much. I do wonder what you mean by “worth it” though. Do you mean the amount of time it takes to type 2 or 3 sentences? Listen, a very low percentage of fans comment on your blog and I don’t think I’d be going out to far on a limb by saying there are others that feel the same way on issues that I bring up. But if you want to try to ignore those fans like me then I guess that’s your prerogative, just don’t put too much effort into it. Also, there might be many readers only of your blog who don’t want to make comments for whatever reason(s), maybe for fear they would be ignored?

61. By tygrbass on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

I am surprised at some of these roster moves but there was a good point made about coaches having to win or there out of work.. After the season last year I really don’t think Whiz would be cutting players like Graham ect. unless he really felt there replacement would be a big improvement to this team.. This coaching staff is under the gun this season to produce so lets just roll with it and hope they bring us to another superbowl…the reason we draft players like ryan williams who missed part of there season because of injury should be obvious. we pick first round draft picks up in the second round that way.. We did that with Scholfield last year and that worked out nicely.. Williams will be a solid young back for us next season

62. By joe67 on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Only a couple punts in the fourth game, but has anyone thought about the fact that the coaches had a week to look at him in practice? He must have shown something. Thats why they are coaches and we are fans. They see a lot more day in and day out than we do.

63. By clssylssy on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Andy:
    You made an excellent point, i.e., Cards fans are starting to show some interest and passion as evidenced by their comments which, apparently, are found to be annoying. Reality is, when players are gone they are gone and we can only wish them the best (and many have found success elsewhere that they didn’t have with the Cards) and embrace the challenge of possibly a fresh strategy. In years past I think a lot of fans followed a favorite player rather than the team as a whole, which has started to change. Passion and interest of any kind sure are better than apathy. Sorry Darren if you get tired of being put on the spot about things you have no control over but, you should be encouraged that fans are taking the time to post and come to the Cardinal site…I can only see that as a good thing. Now let’s get our energy behind the TEAM. WE DO THIS TOGETHER!

64. By D on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Cards need to jump on that nickel corner from Philly–Hanson-he will have several teams after him…also, they will have to compete with the Lions for C.Taylor

65. By Steve on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Darren

Re cardsaltheway

Try the “If you like the punter so much, why don’t you marry him?” line.

Seems about the level that might have an impact!

Great work in the pre-season, really have enjoyed the coverage you guys have provided!!

(Tho could explain just ONE more time why Graham was cut maybe…….??)

66. By kaleb on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Darren, I was all positive about the team in ’08-’09. I didn’t start to complain until the offseason of 2010, and that was because I understood that we had some serious work ahead of us after losing Rolle, Boldin, Warner, Dansby AND Todd Haley. I knew we did not address those losses properly in that offseason which was what frustrated me given that we had the money to spend and besides QB position there were guys out there that could fulfil those roles, at LB primarily. The way I look at it now is, I will have my faith in the front office restored when we get back to winning the Division like I know we are capable of doing. This offseason has been very positive. I think Ray Horton may have been our biggest addition along with Kolb. they knew what they were missing on the offensive side of the ball and they addressed it somewhat (O-line and QB) Defense last year was actually pretty good given the amount of time they had to be on the field each game with a lack of offense but now with PP and Horton coming in we have put ourselves in a really good position. Those are the positives I have to admire about this offseason, but for now, at least, I will criticize decisions that I do not agree with until they are proven to be the right decisions and until we have a winning season. I apologize if I bother you or waste your time but the bottom line is, you are the closest person to this organization who I can speak my mind to and I think you have the best ability to provide explanations to my concerns, If that makes any sense. GO CARDS.

67. By roberto on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

i hear we just got ches taylor? now just pick up tate for #2 receiver and what u think about lito sheppard for CB?

68. By Darren Urban on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Kaleb –

RE: My time

I have never said people shouldn’t criticize. I have never said people can’t/shouldn’t ask questions. I do think I explain things the best I can. What is hard is when I do explain and no one pays attention, either asking me the same thing over and over, or they don’t want to believe what I am saying. That’s my only point. I get people don’t want to scroll through comments/read all the stories/blog posts to find answers, but at the same time, I write about a lot of what is asked before it is asked.

69. By Jason on Sep 4, 2011 | Reply

Hope Richard Bartel is the backup QB! He obvioulsy won the pre-season job, and would be better if Kolb goes out!

70. By cardsalltheway on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

StevesockPPT

71. By cardsalltheway on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

Hater!
    Why do you hate fans like me? I’m not afraid of letting it be know how I feel about Ken W., but I don’t hate anyone including him. Unfortunately, I feel hate toward me on this website.

72. By cardsalltheway on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

I asked YOU, MR. DARREN how is it not “worth it,” to reply to me(since YOU said so) but you seem to be tongue tied or simply refuse to answer what should be a simple question. But, since you work for the Cardinals you can ignore fans who you don’t agree with and whom are not “WORTHY.” I would sure be interested in your post on the “WORTHY vs NON-WORTHRY FANS.”

Is it not worth your time? Is it some how worth your time if a fan sees eye to eye with you? Wow, you sure a fair guy huh?

73. By nodavis2000 on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

cardsalltheway,

Dude, shut up already please. It’s annoying to have to read your complaints when they are not about THE ARIZONA CARDINALS. If you have beef with a writer/author, no one cares. Stick to the team, players, coaches, changes made, IR list, free agents that are available,etc. Stop trying to make this about your own personal “freedom of speech” crap.

Darren, great converge ALL preseason and what you could report on in the offseason. I’ve been following and i for one appreciate your input, articles, and blog!!!