• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.
  • Fri., May. 23, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp.
  • Sat., May. 24, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp

Whisenhunt to PP: You can make it happen

Posted by Darren Urban on September 27, 2011 – 9:30 am

As rookie cornerback Patrick Peterson hauled in his first NFL interception at his own 7-yard line on the final play of the first half, he immediately went down to protect the ball. Moments later, coach Ken Whisenhunt came out to Peterson to let him know Peterson, as a playmaker, needed to try and make something happen.

“You want to try and keep that play alive because you have a much better chance of running around and having something positive happen for us against an offense (trying to tackle) as opposed to a coverage team,” Whisenhunt said. “That’s something you learn from going forward.”

Whisenhunt compared it to putting a return man back on a long field-goal attempt (because those too can be returned if missed). To be fair to Peterson, he was told almost immediately by safety Adrian Wilson to get down after the interception, in order to avoid a fumble.

Peterson wasn’t going to offer up that it was Wilson, but when asked directly he admitted it was the safety. “He’s the captain of the defense,” Peterson said, smiling. “I have to obey my elders.”

But Peterson added he did think about the return. “As soon as I caught it I looked out and scanned the field to see what was going on,” he said. “I didn’t see anything in front of me except five O-linemen and five defensive linemen and the quarterback, so I thought I had a chance. But you do what you need to do.”

Peterson has already shown his open-field return skills with his first-week punt return. Letting him loose on the length of a field when the other team is spread out so much seemed like an automatic invite. Nevertheless, Peterson was thrilled to get his first pick.

“I am happy it is out of the way,” Peterson said. “I am happy it came early rather than late. I’m looking forward to getting more.”

Tags: , ,

70 Responses to “Whisenhunt to PP: You can make it happen”

1. By Dewayne on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Come on Patrick Peterson, don’t listen to that Clown Wilson. The only thing he can teach you is how to jump over file cabinets, and I doubt he can still do it!!! Your the only reason we have a win. Do what you did at LSU!!! Wilson is at the end of his career. ELDER is right!! First they need to get rid of Chester Taylor! 4 yards with 4 carries!! What was the front office thinking!!

2. By CJ on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

I was upset ADub did that! That is how Rolle got his TD’s because he was returning against the offense. We needed something to happen and that was a good opportunity to try and take advantage of.

3. By Bob Groom on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Alright P.P. Great Interception.. Already a great asset to the team.. Go Man.. We wish you many more pics as well… Adrian is a smart guy to tell you to drop.. yea you could have gained a few more yards maybe… other things could have happened as well.. Glad you listen to Adrian Wilson..

4. By suspence716 on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Lets face it, its another long year already and the cards suuuuucccckkkkkk!!!! We are worse than the seachickens, gross!

5. By Joe-B on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

He did have a pretty good game too. It looked like the Seahawks didn’t even try to throw at him.

6. By Nick Pepe on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

A few thing I saw in the Giants / Eagles game.
    The Giants RB’s are a load. That’s no secret I know, but they just seemed to have a little something extra Sunday.
    Eli can be had, he needs to take some hits (clean ones please, no 15 yd flags!) and he will get antsy. He still likes to hit his TE’s and RB’s and that could be exaggerated given that they are thin at WR.
    On D, they still got pressure and tackle well despite key injuries. Same at DB, they did not got beat deep, kept #10 out of the game. Though CB’s played off the WR’s quite a bit, almost giving up the underneath stuff. Probably a result of them being thin at DB and #10′s speed. LB’s are quick to committ to run. Some play action could be in order and I look for some open looks with our TE’s.
    Ok. Back to work.

Nick Pepe

7. By Cert 33 on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

The staff is now stooping low enough to blame the rookies publicly for their woes. Truth is, Peterson is the ONLY reason we are not 0-3. We were soundly out-coached in all 3 games, on both sides of the ball. While one might expect that from crafty old veteran coaches like Mike Shanahan and Pete Carroll, it still illustrates how low Whiz will go before he would accept responsibility for anything. We are very fortunate that Peterson was even willing to sign on with us.

8. By MIKE G on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren– I think Peterson will wind up being a nice corner in this league. He will take his lumps this year and have growing pains. As long as he improves as the season goes along that is the key. The same thing goes for Jefferson –I hope Whiz sticks with both guys in their starting positions so they can grow. Hey Darren–Do you think Rashad Johnson has shown any improvement from last year to this?? He is key if Wilson or Rhodes gets hurt!!!
    I know he doesnt get a lot of playing time!!

9. By Jesse Robles on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Adrian Wilson held him up, We cannot rely on PP to run Punts back on the Cardinals last chance of having the ball every week. That is 3 weeks in a row, we think PP can run every punt back? We shouldnt have been in that situation the last 3 weeks. In an offensive dominant league, our offense is not producing. Packers, Saints, NE, all give up points, but they score points too. Cant rely on Jay Feely obviously like we all thought we could. Offense needs to score points, and the OLINE NEEDS TO BLOCK!! Our Tackles have to be the worst in the League. I know Rod Graves doesnt want to look dumb releasing Levi Brown because we passed on Adrian Peterson with that pick, dude is horrible. Why not put a TE on his side to help out? Why not put us at an advantage instead of running from these teams. Stop being so scared and run a offense like it is supposed to be ran. Our offensive play calling looks like Clancy Pandergast and Bill Davis are calling the plays. Not knowing what they are supposed to do. We obviously need a play caller, Miller sucks, and Whiz sucks for letting these plays get called. Playing the Giants this week, be prepared to throw it every down even if beanie is healthy. Our Offense is Scared, play scared. Just getting pushed around like HS team out there.

10. By Dynosaur on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Darren (and others on this site),

I hear all the time the best way to win and control a game is to control the clock.

I’m a fencing coach and in the Beijing olympics, 70% of all touches scored in fencing were from an attack, only 30% scored from deffense. The attacker is not controling the clock and they won 70% of the touches.

Someone noted we held the ball 10 minutes of the fourth quarter against Seattle. We controlled the clock, but didn’t score. How did this help us win?

Wouldn’t the best way to win and control the game be to put up points as often as possible by defensive scoring from turnovers, long drives and quick strikes.

That’s my question. Wouldn’t scoring as much and as often as possible be a better way to control the game than controlling the clock? These are professionals so I don’t see the argument against running up the score. It doesn’t stop college teams.

How many times does a team keep the score close by controlling the clock only to lose to a 2-minute offense as the time expires. The 2-minute offense is not controlling the clock, it’s going for a score.

Pittsburgh does this well, allowing the opponent to control the clock, keep the score close and unleash Big Ben and the 2-minute offense.

There must be solid evidence for clock control over lighting up the scoreboard as often as possible. I would just like to understand the philosophy.

Thanks.

(This may be an answer for an article or post instead of an answer here, Then again, maybe this is the perfect place.)

11. By Darren Urban on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Mike G –

RE: Rashad

I’m not sure he has taken the step forward that they were hoping.

12. By kedo on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

love my card,but my card play poor and suck.

13. By joez on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Of course it had to be Wilson, what a joke, what a shame. Like all have, PP is the only reason Cards arent 0-3. Wilson needs to stop pretending he is a leader, He’s lead players only to a LOSS. Defense is so shotty, The players and Scheme suck, thats the excuse, nothing else. Untill the team pulls their heads from American Idol Reruns, its going to be a bad Adam Sandler Comedy rest of season. Sad very Sad.

14. By jstn on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

darren- whats deal with kolb loosing helmet in games. Equipment needs to get him a good fitting hat. Unless players are purposely grabbing and riping off. If thats the case where are the Ref Calls? Ive counted 3 times his helemt has been removed. Imbarrasing to say the least.

15. By Stop making excuses on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Im starting to doubt Coaches playcalling. We are losing open up the play book and lets get rolling. You guys should be sick of the way you are playing. Ive spent 23 years as a card fan and I know Im sick of it. Get rid of Levi Brown and find someone who can protect Kolb’s blindside, Whiz wake the F*** up and get a play caller you are not doing the job!!!

16. By josh on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

did beanie practice today and is he playin on sunday against the giants. please win agsinst the giants cardinals please please

17. By Jesse Robles on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Its funny how Rex Ryan and Leslie Frazier can admit their mistakes as a head coach. Ken has never said anything is ever his fault. His Schemes and game planning need a change, his ego needs a change. He needs to start thinking about the team, not himself. Beanie should have played, beanie should have had more runs in the Washington game, hurry up O should have won us that game. You do whatever you need to do to win the game, even if its a no huddle. Get off the players backs and let them play. Ken Wisenhunt is CONSISTENTLY a bad coach. No offensive knowledge on anything, and he knows nothing on the Defensive side either. He cannot manage the game, what does he do? He always sounds so optimistic but never delivers.

18. By Andy on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

I know this is way too early and off topic but do you think it is time to find A-Dub’s successor In the upcoming draft

19. By Darren Urban on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Andy (and everyone) –

RE: Wilson

I find it funny that a mention of Adrian in this — when he just didn’t want a mistake to be made in a poor spot, and when the point was about Peterson’s abilities — has turned into a referendum on Wilson’s talent and future.

20. By D on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Darren-
    Any word on if R. Johnson will get more time playing in nickel? They need to find out what they have with him this year, I have a feeling we are seeing the end of a great career with Adub
    thanks

21. By swedler on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Darren, I Don’t know how you can do this job. I would lose my mind with all this nonsense.

Are we fans really this stupid? We bash everyone with any history on the team for being old, talentless, and incompetent. People need to stop being flip-flopping know-it-alls and root for your team.

It’s ok to be disappointed and upset, but Whiz was a genius when we went to the superbowl, but now he’s suddenly an idiot? Please.

22. By D on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Adub by the way is only one of 5 safeties all time in NFL history with 20/20 sack and interceptions…Hall of Famer and Ring of Honor to be

23. By Kurt on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

PP seems like a class act, wish DD could follow suit, and it was nice to see CC get to the QB.
    Let’s hope KK bounces back versus NG.
    DU:
    Any chance of JJ getting promoted from the PS?
    K

24. By wscardsfan on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

I wonder what these clown commenters would have said if PP would have fumbled the ball during the return? “He should have listened to Wilson!” God help us.

25. By johnny on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

A-Dub without a doubt is the leader of the defense. He is a probowl safety who brings it every game, even if he is not 100 percent. he is going to be in the 30- 30 club. We are lucky to have him. he is not a shut down coner. he is a strong safety and a awsome one at that. thanks Darren

26. By josh on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

is beanie playin guys i really gotta no this did he practice today

27. By Darren Urban on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

D –

RE: Rashad

I do not know that. Right now, I’d say no. I think they already feel like they have a pretty good handle in what they have in Johnson.

28. By Darren Urban on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Kurt –

RE: Jaymar to PS

Very clever.

I think it’s early to guess that could happen.

29. By nkd on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

People need to lay off wilson he is a true leader and one of the best safties in the nfl. He told a rookie to take a knee instead of a possible turnover. If Peterson wouldve ran and fumbled it you guys would be asking why he ran it instead of taking a knee. If u wanna talk bad about someone in the backfield talk about kerry “no effort” rhodes

30. By Darren Urban on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Josh –

RE: Practice

They don’t practice on Tuesday.

31. By Scott H on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

jstn -

LOL. I thought the same thing…until I saw the replay and saw that he was basically caught in a flat-out headlock and literally had his helmet ripped off. It’s actually a good thing that the helmet came off rather easily – because if it hadn’t, his head might have come off with it!

32. By D on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Any chances of picking up Slaton now that he is free and maybe letting Taylor go? (yes, I know we just picked him up)

33. By mike on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

I’m not gonna lie, I heard this only radio after the game but I’ve come to the same conclusion. This is not currently a championship team. They still may win the division by default so to speak but this is not a team that can get “hot” and put 3 or 4 wins together in a row. We have to many positions where don’t get consistent production. Other than Fitz, you can’t name a Cardinal that you know for sure will produce. And then Fitz got shut out in the 2nd half. LT, NT, DB, WR OLB all have big problems right now. And given time some of those areas will improve while others require new players. Kolb may not have the time in the system yet or the supporting cast to be any better than a .500 QB. Maybe 7-9 wins the division again.

34. By Eric on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

I take offense to A Dub sucking. True, he has lost a step, but he still blitzes very well, and plays very good in a short field. So, why don’t they move the guy to an OLB spot? He is in the 20-20 club, and getting close to the 30-30 club. I really believe they are hurting him and the team leaving him at SS. We need to fit our player to their strenghts, not let other teams play into their weak areas. Johnson can’t do it, but I thought Hazma looked like he could play SS to me. Lets move these guys around and put the best players on the field.

35. By drummer-1 on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Darren i really feel for you.. I don’t have to read the crap these know nothing know it all posters write but you do SORRY you have to go through that.. My guess would be, if/when we win this sunday, alot of them will jump back on the wagon..

36. By Darren Urban on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

D –

RE: Slaton

There’s always a chance.

37. By mike on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

I hate to say it about AW but he has been lacking. The guy is and always be a class act. A Championship would have been a nice feather for his career. And while I think the team is headed in the right direction, the road is gonna be longer than what AW has left in his career. I don’t have a problem with him promoting disretion with the younger players, but I do have a problem with his lack of cover skills.

38. By Mario on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Hi Darren,

I heard the Cards put an offer in for Aaron Curry? Does that mean Bradley, Schofield and Acho aren’t progressing fast enough?

Thanks!

39. By Darren Urban on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Mario –

RE: Curry

I have heard the rumor but haven’t seen it reported anywhere so I have zero idea if it is credible or just people talking in light of Curry’s demotion.

40. By Steve Lee on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

So, the Cards are missing Rackers now, aren’t they?

41. By AZ Fan in WA on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Living in Washington I can’t help but follow the Seahawks a little. It seemed obvious to me that we should have treated Sidney Rice the same way Seattle treated Larry. I didn’t see as many blitzes this week so there should have been a safety to throw that way. Any idea why we seemed to play him straigt up?

42. By AndyStandsUp on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Completely off topic question:
    I read Clark Haggans is one of the 8 players possibly facing suspensions for offseason incidents.

What happened? Don’t recall any writeups about it.
    And I understand the NFL has privacy policies.

P.S. Are you prepared to be inundated with Steve Slaton inquiries?

43. By Darren Urban on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Az Fan –

RE: Rice

As good of a day as he had, the Cards’ shortcomings didn’t result from Sidney Rice.

44. By Darren Urban on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

AndyStands –

RE: Haggans

Kent Somers tweeted that Haggans was caught speeding this offseason, but I don’t see how that would be something to be suspended for. I can’t imagine Clark being in trouble.

As for Slaton — yes.

45. By TucsonTim on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Did we eally need another reason to take Wilson off the field?

46. By Cert 33 on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

RE:Swedler
    Please name one Whisenhunt success accomplished without Kurt Warner on this team. Thats right, you can’t because there aren’t any. Not one. That’s because ’08 and ’09 were Kurt Warner’s success stories (with the help of three all-pro wideouts) and no one elses. Whisenhunt couldn’t even win a game during those two good years when Kurt was injured. Everyone gave Whisenhunt a pass last year because of the QB situation but we all came into this season with reasonable expectations of 9-7, or 10-6, enough to win this weak division. Instead, we come within a punt return of starting the season 0-3 against 3 teams that will finish last in their respective divisions. Now he’s pointing fingers at Wilson and the rookie to divert attention from the fact that we were out-coached in all 3 games in all categories, preparation, game plan, and especially play calling (On both sides of the ball). Expect this cheap tactic every Monday for the rest of the season as we go 6-10, or possibly 5-11. Whiz never was a genius, he just rode out the roll that Warner got on throwing to three all-world receivers that became contagious to the rest of the team.

47. By Blake on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

For everyone who’s banging on Chester Taylor, remember that he was brought in as a Veteran RB after Ryan Williams went out for the season. He was not expected to be more then a back up RB to Beanie and LaRod, primarily being a presence in the blocking and/or receiving game. Setbacks happen, just look at the Chiefs running game now for goodness sakes!!!

48. By Matthew on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

i would love for someone to tell me why adrian is failing? He is up there with polomalu, and reed to me. The only reason he hasnt been able to truly play right now is because this new defense has been a bit complicated, but by midseason he will return to the beast we all know

49. By seansolo on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

They really need to make Porter and Haggans the back ups . Let Acho and Schoffield be starters . They are young and more athletic . With Porter backing up Schoffield and Dockette …..yes Dockette and Haggans backing up Acho and the MLB’s our LB core would be solid all game long . We need to do this . Let the LB vets be leaders from the side line and lets try to really win some games .

50. By CNelson on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Might i just point out that you dont even think b4 you speak, if your last in the division 1 year usualy the next year, especialy recently, your much improved the next via draft and free agents. Plus coaching changes. Lol 3 weeks in and you crying… LMAO!

51. By CNelson on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

I agree, but then everyone complains because they blow assignments, atm, there is no “winning” with personel adjustment untill they know what they are sopose to do, and do it… Whole reason thoes guys are still in is they know the scheme and are doing their jobs for the most part, just wish they were more consistant in the passrush department.

52. By Earl BB on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Hay Darren ,

I dont like to keep saying the same thing but these people on here do not know what they are talking about, we are not a dominate office because were inconsistant, again we need that number 2 Wr to let Larry start being very dominate, I said this once T.O. CONSISTANT AS THEY COME , WILL PRODUCE, and at this point you tell him “one chance and one chance only”, one break out interuption and like Moss in Minn you gone, he is the answer because he can catch the ball over the middle and still can pull a safety down for a double team when he is dominate. like him or hate him he flat out balls, why are we not getting him while we can he is almost ready to get back on the feild .

53. By Lee on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Could you update the status of RB Ryan and his rehab? Thanks. I enjoy the blog so much.

54. By cheesebeef on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

with the Cardinals still sitting on a lot of cap space, do you see us using that space to extend guys like Calais Campbell… and well… Calais Campbell, I guess seeing as none of our other young guys have warranted any kind of discussion for a next contract. Jeez that’s sad. So, yeah, what do you think of the chances of that happening or should we begin steeling ourselves for another high draft pick to make it through his rookie deal and make it to FA where he’ll likely get paid by someone else like pretty much every other contributing player who’s name isn’t Larry, Dockett or Wilson?

cheese

55. By Darren Urban on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Lee –

RE: Ryan Williams

There really isn’t anything to update this early. I haven’t heard anything one way or the other; I assume everything is on schedule.

56. By Darren Urban on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Cheese –

RE: Campbell

Funny you should ask. I am writing a Campbell story on the subject this week.

57. By swedler on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Cert 33 -

You are the victim of revisionist’s history. Kurt Warner was written off an left for dead before Whisenhunt got here. He was awful. People were screaming for Leinart. You are lying to yourself if you think that people didn’t think Whiz was a genius during the good years. “In Whiz we trust!” Remember that?

It is common for teams to struggle to win games when their starting QB is out. So losing when Warner is out is not a valid argument. It’s not a simple game (as you are making it seem).

Last year was a debacle at QB. Agreed Whiz has made mistakes, but football is a team sport. You can call the best plays in the world, but if the team can’t execute, it wouldn’t matter. The number of players out of position and missing blocks is more of a problem than whether you call a run or pass play on 2nd down.

I’m not predicting an NFC West title or even a winning season, but I think it’s funny that most people weren’t calling him out when we were winning.

58. By cardfan1225 on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Offense & Defense should BOTH have 1 goal in mind, and that is to “SCORE!”. Holding the ball so the other team doesn’t score is crap! If you have the ball your objective is to “SCORE”. If you’re on Defense your objective is to “SCORE”. WE DON’T defend nothing….we’re out there to score…that’s it! Once everyone understands that, we’ll start winning!

59. By suspence716 on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Darren-
    Can u explain to me why we havent gone out n picked up randy moss yet? Or why we didnt go after him almost two months ago. I thought the point was to WIN, not to just put 11 guys on the field to fill positions n suck!!! With randy on the other side of fitz it helps to stretch the field n takes the double off larry. Lets face it, andre roberts isnt scaring anybody on defense. Oh yeah, have i said that the cardinals ssssuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkk? Another disappointing n sad sad year. I’m about to give up on this franchise.

60. By suspence716 on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

We need to hire Denny Green as our GM. That guy knows how to put a football team together, he just doesnt know how to coach them. Whiz’s superbowl run was a product of denny puttin that team together. Only thing whiz has done is dismantled the team n brought in a bunch of over the hill steeler players. When is whiz going to realize he didnt get the coaching job in pittsburgh n realize he’s coaching the arizona cardinals? Quit trying to be the steelers!!!!!!

61. By Rodgerscromartie17 on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

I think its true, but only if it plays out this season like the last few, Wilson did great great things for this team for years, I love the man to death, but face reality. He hasnt played well at all the last 3 seasons, he has made some plays, but its the NFL u expect everybody to make plays, and Wilson is gettin old, if he doesnt turn his play around it might just be time to look to the future. Its about the team, not what a player USED to produce, id hate to see Wilson leave if things dont turn around, but id take a consistant play maker at safety over Wilsons recent years anyday, its for the better of the team, We moved on from Boldin, Rolle, Dansby, and breaston and those guys were on top of thier game, I dont see why we keep old pieces yet get over others that are reaching thier prime soon

62. By cheesebeef on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

interesting. in a year where it looks like SOC, it would be nice to at least secure another piece of the future, instead of going into next off-season needing to fill another spot with a draft pick, a FA bust or a undrafted FA.

Scott

63. By Cert 33 on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Swedler:
    That’s baloney. Thats like saying Bill Callahan was a great coach when everyone knows Rich Gannon’s hot arm got the Raiders to the SB that year. Turned out, Calllahan was so inept, he couldn’t win without Gannon, he couldn’t even win on college level at Nebraska. Warner had just been playing injured for a few years and when he got healthy and started playing like he did with the Rams, the staff just “went with it”. Beings that we had even better wide receivers than the Rams ever had, well, you all know what happened next. Ken Whisenhunt is just another Bill Callahan that lucked into an ideal situation. If that isn’t true, where are the wins without Warner’s services? There aren’t any!

64. By cards62 on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Some of you Cardinal fans kill me. Patrick Peterson just should have went down as he could have fumbled. I sure wish some of James Harrison’s team mates felt that way. If you want the reward, a win, you must be willing to take a risk and not see the bad in every opportunity.

Jury is still out for me on Ken W. but I have no problem with him coaching up a rookie as that is his job especially when coach wants him to be aggressive.

What is with the Levi Brown hate this game? Move the young man to guard and you will have a pro bowl player. The tackle I watched being a bull fighter this game on passing plays was Brandon Keith? Keith cost us this game as much as anyone on offense so what am I missing?

Darren and other Cardinal fans a question for you. How is Hadnot playing at guard?
    Is Duece pushing him for the starting position?

Thanks and go Cards beat the Giants

65. By Darren Urban on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

cards62 –

RE: Hadnot

I think Rex is playing just fine, and I don’t see him losing that job anytime soon.

66. By Ham on Sep 28, 2011 | Reply

Whiz why dont you try taking your own advice? YOU can do it as a coach, stop trying to over do it and make this thing work. You are not Bill Cowher, but you do have what it takes to be a great coach like he was. I can understand changing the scheme of things at Arizona and I believe in you and your staff. We can do this if we had the right kind of players of both sides of the ball. Pat Pete will learn this game more and be a monster out on the field. I speak for all the Cards fans when I say lets win NOW, we have waited years and years to have a winning team and we just got a lil sample of it. Get it together team!

67. By UC on Sep 29, 2011 | Reply

Ditto what Cert 33 said in each post.

@swedler – The reason people weren’t calling for Kenny’s head before was because many assumed that he had something to do with winning. Now it’s obvious that Haley and Warner were the ones responsible for the winning, and as Cert 33 said, Kenny just happened to be there. Furthermore, if Kenny’s abilities were really that great, then why weren’t the Rooneys interested in his services? Hmm….

68. By cards62 on Sep 30, 2011 | Reply

To UC and Ditto

Something for you both to think about.
    The Bengals promoted Sam Wyche to head coach and let a guy named BIll Walsh go. I would take either guy as my head coach. 49ers also let Mike Holgren get away. Browns fired Bill B. of New England/ Not a perfect science.

I have not made up my mind on Ken W. yet. but I hope he was one of main reason we went to the Superbowl. Time will tell. The guy I have soured on is Rod Graves. He let Ken W. destroy our team last year at QB and he did not address our needs this offseason and most of his moves since Denny G. left have been failures.

Go Cards beat the Giants

69. By UC on Sep 30, 2011 | Reply

@cards62–

You do realize that you are attempting to equate the management decisions of the Bengals and Browns with that of the Steelers, right? I mean, really, come on…

Don’t remember who was running the 49ers at that point, but wasn’t that around when DeBartolo was having, uhm, “legal problems”, lol.

70. By Brownie on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

Looks like Andy Reed knew something about “Mr Happy Feet” that everyone with the Cardinals missed.