Beanie and Hyphen active versus Giants

Posted by Darren Urban on October 2, 2011 – 11:34 am

As expected, running backs Beanie Wells and LaRod Stephens-Howling are active for the Cardinals today, as the team is as healthy has its been since the season opener. Wells said earlier in the week the reason he sat out last week was to make sure he’d be back healthy right away, and it seems to have worked. Having Stephens-Howling return gives the Cards much more flexibility in the backfield as well.

There are no surprises on the inactive list, which is as fallows:

• WR Chansi Stuckey (hamstring)
  • WR Stephen Williams
  • QB john Skelton
  • CB Korey Lindsey
  • T D’Anthony Batiste
  • TE Jim Dray (pectoral)
  • DE Ronald Talley

Tags: , , ,

47 Responses to “Beanie and Hyphen active versus Giants”

1. By LUKE on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

is stephen williams hurt?whats wrong with him?

2. By AndyStandsUp on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Only surprise for me is Stuckey’s first name was listed as “Chanel” on the NFL Network.
    I thought it was Coco.

Darren, gut feeling before the game? I’m feeling confident.

3. By Darren Urban on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Luke —

RE: Stephen Williams

He’s not hurt. Just behind Sampson.

4. By Darren Urban on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

AndyStands —

RE: Gut feeling

I prefer to let it play out. I have enough stress as it is.

5. By cardsalltheway on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

“Stress”
    Don’t you know how to relieve it? The Cards look ready to play but they seem to work so hard in scoring two field goals while the Gianst score 7 quite easlily. Kolb needs to relax(is he hyper?), maybe you can work together with Kolb in dealing with stress?
    I’ll be taking a look at how the rookie coaches have done the first 1/4 of the season compared to our Ken W. later.

6. By BIG RED on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

WE NEED A QB, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE SKELTON AND BARTEL AND THEY DON’T RUN BACK AND LOSE YARDS OR THROW IT OUT OF BOUNCE. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!! SEEMS LIKE WE HAVE THE NEXT FREAK ROMO!!!!!!!!

7. By AndyStandsUp on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Is it me or does Whiz have problems with time management?
    Why in the heck wouldn’t you call timeout with three remaining?

Crucial, crucial mistake.

8. By ALONEEAGLE on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I know everyone is going to yell at me, but Kolb just doesn’t look comfortable. He is spending too much time scrambling. Perhaps as a change of pace, Whiz starts Bartel in the second half. Bartel knows the system, being his second year, almost in it, and he did look preety good in the pre-season. Just a thought!!

9. By cardsalltheway on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Good Lord,
    Who is drawing up those plays? On the interception why wasn’t there anyone cutting across the middle giving Kolb another viable option? Whoever was wide right shouldn’t be going long. Duh!

10. By cardsalltheway on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Who dat foo dat wanted dat flag thrown?

11. By cardsalltheway on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

How will the Cards manage to lose this game being ahead by 10 with 3.44 remaining?

12. By cardsalltheway on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

That sure didn’t take long huh? Just 1 minute and 4 seconds. The Cards need a touchdown with little time remaining, I think we know how this one is going to go.

13. By cardsalltheway on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I don’t want either of Fitz’s pink gloves. On 2nd down the Cards try to set up a screen but Kolb’s impatience/hyper activity is communicable!

14. By Rick on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

We need to lose out the rest of the season and draft a real qb ANDREW LUCK ANDREW LUCK. Kolb is an unproven qb and a back up at best. After watching yet another loss with the ball in our hands I am looking forward to the draft already.

15. By Scott H on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Are you friggin’ kidding me??? You give up 21 points in the 4th quarter and give away ANOTHER GAME WE COULD HAVE WON in the process??? So much I could say but ya know what? What would be the point and why should we even care? The Giants were ready to lose this game ALL FRIGGIN’ DAY and we give it to them on their way out of town.

Good news, Vikings – the Cardinals are coming to town to cure all your ills. Well, for one week, anyway. Sorry we can’t stay any longer…we’re scheduled to lose to someone else after that.

16. By Smasher777 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Kevin Kolb is an absolute moron!!!!

You look Fitzgeralds way one time he is your bread and butter you go to guy. He had a chance to win. What a shlep rock!!!!!! I can’t stand that guy

17. By dan on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Kolb sucked……..again. I like him but after seeing him the past few weeks I’m seeing the same thing over and over, him rolling out too much and not looking at open receivers. Maybe I was overconfident in him, starting to look like it. We couldn’t close the door and we can’t make plays on defense when it counts.

18. By cardsalltheway on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

As promised, let’s compare Ken W. with rookie coaches after 1/4 of season 2011.
    NFC
    Jim Harbaugh(49ers) 3 wins, 1 loss
    Jason Garrett(Cowboys) 2 wins, 2 losses
    Ron Rivera(Panthers) 1 win, 3 losses{with Rookie Quarterback}.
    Ken W.(Cardinals) 1 win, 3 losses
    Leslie Frasier(Vikings) 0 wins, 4 losses

AFC
    Mike Munchak(Titans) 3 wins, 1 loss
    Pat Shurmur(Browns) 2 wins, 2 losses
    Hue Jackson(Raiders) 2 wins, 2 losses
    John Fox(Broncos) 1 win, 3 losses

As everyone can see Ken W. is almost at the bottom of the barrel. The only thing keeping him from there with the Vikings coach is the one win against a rookie QB and rookie coach. Do we play the Vikings?

19. By AndyStandsUp on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Now I’m not so confident.
    Seems I was ruled down by giving myself up.

20. By Fred on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

levi got to go .and if the couch don’t see that then he need to go ,I am sick of watching left side breaking down and costing us the game

21. By BIG RED 66 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I can’t believe that Whisenhunt did not call a TO on 4th & 2, why would you go no huddle with a QB who already seems shaky at best. Why does Beanie all of a sudden disappear when we need 1st downs. The Magician Whiz did it again-make the talent disappear. We will be 1-6 before we have a chance to win again. PATHETIC!!!!!!!

22. By Bryan on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

2 things
    1.) Will we see Early Doucet make the starting line up anytime soon? It seems like he has been more effective in the games than andre has been.
    2.) Are the coaches still confident in Levi Browns abilities? I havent seen the game myself but Osi Umenyoira was getting in there easily and I thought he usually goes up against the left tackle.
    Thanks darren.

23. By shannon robinson on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

The Cards are playing exciting football now and we can run the ball so that leads to a lot of dividends – Kolb needs to see the field better and throw to the open man – that will come. Defense will improve so people aren’t running free. It’s like this team is doing all the hard stuff well. There will be some fans who will use this as a reason to tee off and succomb to panic – it’s a long season, don’t jump ship yet

24. By suspence716 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Where is GACARDFAN? I need u to show me how to knit cuz it has to be better than watchin these effing losers… Plus i really want to knit myself a Tom Brady jersey…. I should have stuck with my original team before the cards came to the valley…. Like i’ve said before, the cardinals are a joke, laughing stock of the NFL. I watched the whole game today, laughing at this QB that we paid 65 million dollars, run to the right n throw the ball out of bounds at least 12 times… It was hilarious!!! N then I was just waiting for the big 4th quarter meltdown… Then it happened n I was laughing even harder… AHHhhhh HHHHAAaaaaaa hahahaha….. Classic loser cardinals…. Go Pats!!!! How sad this so called pro football team known as the Arizona Retardinals!!!!! Knit me that sweater!!!!!!!!!

25. By GW on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

what happen to the def. you have a 10 point lead with 5 min left and give up 2 td in 2minutes this is really the same ole cards that have the talent but cant win close games,no respect from refs & too many excuses.i predict a 3-13 season. the vikes will get their 1st win next week teams always get first on the cards. very frustrated!!!

26. By Jesse Robles on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I am just Glad Darren and the rest of WHOEVER thinks games are NOT MUST WIN! Every game is a must win, the Cardinals now play the Vikings, Steelers, Ravens, Rams, Eagles, Niners, Rams, Cowboys, Niners, with no MUST WINS! Thanks Guys! Glad we have no wins this season, glad to know I can sell the rest of my season tickets cuz you cannot win 1 GAME!! Garbage team, with no sense of urgency! KEN WHISENHUNT BETTER BE ON THE HOT SEAT CUZ HE SUCKS!! Jim Harbaugh is the best coach in our division, and the Cards couldn’t beat the Niners if their life depended on it. Another Horrible Game, Cards need a new coach, Ken is horrible. I am reposting a million times because the Cardinals Suck so bad their BEAT WRITERS SUCK for sticking up for them! Offense needs Work, RED ZONE O SUCKS!! Can’t Score!! I could go on and on about horrible the Cards are but we can start with the Beat writers for thinking there are NO MUST WIN GAMES!! YOU SUCK!!

27. By john walls on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

kolb is killing us he’s not a running back , he’s not on dancing with the stars , he’s supposed to be the QB . quit looking at the rush and look for a reciever

28. By in fitz we trust on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

tough loss for us, 1-3 is not the way we wanted to start….. now keep in mind every year whiz has been our coach we ended up 2-3 by our bye week. we can still climb back on top, the incline just got a little steeper. the fact that the pass three games were loss by 4 point or less, an for the most part self inflicted, i still have tons of faith this season!!!!

29. By Darren Urban on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Bryan —

RE: Doucet/Levi

It seemed tonight they were willing to go Bridges in Keith’s place, so I don’t expect a change with Levi. As for Doucet, he gets more looks than Roberts. I think at that position “starting” doesn’t mean as much in this situation.

30. By pipapiko on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Cards another loss! Not surprising at all! Whiz needs to pack it up and leave!

31. By Jesse Robles on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

LETS PRAY FOR LUCK!!! WE will probably pass on him like we did on Adrian Peterson to get the AWESOME TACKLE LEVI BROWN!! Cards ARE HORRIBLE!! KEN WHISENHUNT NEEDS TO GO!!!!

32. By cardsalltheway on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Ken W. is only better than 1…Rookie Coach! NEXT, there is something about Ken W. that I don’t like. I think it has something to do with his abilility to lead and insist on consistency. I still don’t think the word “consistent” is in Ken W.’s vocabulary. I hope the word “WIN” more than 3 or 4 in a row is? That is what it will take for the Cardinals to turn things around. How many times has Ken W. led the Cardinals to 3 or 4 wins in a row?

33. By cardsalltheway on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

If Ken W. doesn’t turn things around(big time), Asta Lavista etc…
    I’m having 2nd thoughts on defensive coordinators sitting upstairs on thy butt. Now, if Horton was a proven and experienced D-Fensive Coord., that might be different. But, obviously he isn’t and must not have confidence in himself to make a difference on the sideline. Steeler coaching experience doesn’t do the Cardinals any good, when will someone recognize that fact?

34. By Rick on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Very frustrating game even if we won I would still have a terrible feeling about this team due to the fact that our QB SUCKS. I guess all the experts were right that he was a big gamble giving him 60 mil for an unproven QB Id rather have DRC back and Richard Bartel under center. Kolb is more worried about the rush than finding a receiver. All I have to say is that the vikes will get their fist win next week. Cant wait for the draft. ANDREW LUCK ANDREW LUCK ANDREW LUCK !!!

35. By johnny on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Kolb needs to trust fitz more. Just throw it up to him, he will either knock it down or catch it. every number 1 wide out gets doubled. cards ran the ball well enough to open it up down the fielb. what do you think Darren

36. By Andy M on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

I have been a huge fan of Whisenhunt, but jeez there seems to be no sense of urgency and this team just freezes under pressure. Offense and defense–both. Week after week the Cardinals out-play their competition for three quarters or more and then we can all see the air go out of them. How does Whiz not call timeout on the 4th and 2 when the team is in disarray? For that matter, two plays earlier Kolb was sacked because the offense was not prepared for the play. Call a timeout or spike the ball. Second and two–give the freaking rock to Beanie. For that matter, before the two minute warning there was an incomplete pass and the officials let three seconds tick off the clock to get to 2:00. Whiz should have been in their faces and thrown a challenge–it would have given the Cardinals another play. No sense of urgency. Clock management and leadership are not evident. Nor is tactical play calling. There are a bunch of talented players, but who is stepping up? Not the coaching staff and not the high priced players. Peterson is young and Kolb is learning the offense, but they both made mental mistakes at critical moments. What was it–two turnovers, eleven penalties, very few conversions of third downs. This team lacks mental toughness. Talent without focus or drive makes for a very frustrating season.

37. By Havasu Tom on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren,
    Drove all the way from lake Havasu to go to the game. It’s not over, but I think we can call it a season and start working on next year. We need some defense. Kolb can’t put together a 2 minute drive to win a game yet. How much longer this last will determine if we have an outside chance to make the playoffs. I know our CB’s are young and a work in progress, but our chance to make the playoffs need them to perform at a higher level now our kiss the season goodby. no sacks that I remember, no pressure means Manning had a field day against our D.
    I know its not over, but we need some quick changes now.

38. By cardsalltheway on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

If we lose to the Vikings next week then Ken W. ought to be fired! We are now 1-3, if we lose next week we’ll be 1-4, I or anybody else could do the same or better by simply showing up for the job(proof is in the rookie coach pudding).

39. By BIG RED on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Its amazing, how we still keep that no good for nothing QB as our starter. Do what you did last year and give your other QB’s some playing time. Remember the year both your QB’s got hurt in the same game, well that might happen again and your third QB is not even in uniform. Wake up coach, guess you didn’t learn your lesson. Skelton might be a 2nd year QB, but you never saw him running back and throwing a 20 yard pass and gain only 2 yards. Your future QB is just wasting away on the bench. Think about the future cause Kolb sure isn’t.

40. By suspence716 on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Darren, why dont u sit down with rod graves n tell him to go sign randy moss and terrell owens? what else is there to lose? we freaking suck, and suck really bad. What about benny sapp from the dolphins? tell him to pick him up too! Its not that hard to put a team together, here’s what u do: Invite high profile talented players like Randy Moss to sit down n talk, then u pay them money to play football! Why do the cardinals always just settle for no name players that dont produce like andre roberts? Could u imagine, Fitz, Moss, N T.O.? Maybe then Kolb could stay in the pocket n throw to someone… What else is there to lose darren, besides another 12 games?

41. By BIG RED on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

Even Fitz is getting upset with Kolb, and his the one that push for him.(REGRETS)….. It’s time for a change before it’s to late. How could it be any worst if our 65 million QB can’t cut it.

42. By CNelson on Oct 2, 2011 | Reply

- Sky is falling fans –

What part of having a QB that 1. Still hasnt started a full season and 2. Is learning a completely new offence after 4 years of Philly’s O – – – – – – –

I saw alot of improvement as expected. Yes we lost, So what? ive been a fan my whole life and can see that our defence is getting better, and that the offence is still learning what they do best (130+ years rushing! Take that to the bank, Guess C. Wells doesnt suck that bad now does he?!?!?!?!)

Seriously, if you dont wanna see this team lose at least 3-5 more games this year then go root for someone else,.. Learning year, DOWN year…. We have a GOOD (YES MORONS GOOD) Qb and he needs time to learn and grow, Look at ANY other team that lost their Hall of Fame QB, how they doin? <<<>> How did Rogers do his first year??? [crickit cherping] thats what i thought, he had a rought time and they needed to let me learn and grow,… Seams as if you guys need a dose of Morphine so you can chill and wait the required time for the team to actualy grasp what they HAVE to do. Yea i will say IDK what was going on with the last 4th down play, but im with the team, the game shouldnt have come down to one or two plays, they wasted a few opertunities early and it cost them the game (Along with us getting screwed by the reffs yet again). But im not crying ripping up my Wal-Mart jersey ( honistly, how many of u winners have a REAL jersey?) I Continue to wear both of my authentic Wilson jerseys every week, knowing how much i love our team. If we realy Sucked as bad as some of you think. WHY did we keep the game so close? Why was it due to mistakes on our part that we lost? Because we arnt a “S#!%%Y TEAM”, we just arnt a good or great team Yet.

-Jesse Robles
    You sound like a 12 year old kid that had is nentendo taken away,… back UP! Your just lucky you talking on a blog board, it takes a very very very very very very small and pathedic man to attack a writter that expresses opionions that 90% of the “rational world” shares. As well as our coaching staff that is doing the best it can, you cannot make people react like you want them to and do what you have told and taught them..

I saw alot of good today, and a few things that made me shake my head,.. Only to remember we are a team in transistion, learning both as coaches and players. What id like to know is did you see the major improvements i saw? 130+ rushing yards!?!?!?!?!?!!? When was the last time we had 27+ carries or 130+ yards??? And the Defence. Wow. Was spectacular for the most part,. That final touch down was a result of the disbeleaf that the reffs could bend us over on national TV and screw us with no loob or condom. Hence the seaming to easy touch down. Yea the had some ups and downs, but DAMN!! They are showing the flashes of what they will be once they all get one the same page constantly and Our young players get the needed experiance.

So to reiterate. Did you see the run game and defence jump in production like i did? Or am i halusinating from another gut punch loss?

And as always TY for you hard work, even with the comments that keep flowing in (i swear thies people act like the never watched a game b4 2007) Not that it would matter even if you would,… But if u find a min with Ken. Whiz. alone or just waiting in an elevator (wishful thinking) Let him know there are still people that believe in him and this team. I can wait for results, as should the bidwills(sry if i spelled it wrong) this world, nation, and even the nfl its self wasnt perfected in what 3 months…. I love the cardinals and will be faithfull even in an 0-16 year… Better luck next week guys!

43. By kevin on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

Reading the post and wow what a bunch of morons. I can see a lot of non Card fans. But then get to read from true Cardinal fans which I’m one of them. Ken W is one of the best coaches we have had and Kolb is good will take time. Need a moderator to delete the non Cardinal comments off

44. By kevin on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

Kolb is going to be around a long time. Remember this was a season that our players had very little work. By game 8 we will be on the right track. We will win after all is said in done at least 7 games and then next year we will be back on track. And if we dont win 7 I will still be a Cardinal fan. I been a Cardinal fan through many bad years and will always be a Cardinal fan.

45. By ALONEEAGLE on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

I am extremely confused. What are the Cardinals doing out there for one, and what is Whiz doing on the sidelines. Whiz got the biggest break in the world when the reffs gave Coughlin the time out at the same time as the challenge. Timeouts are there for a reason. I know I am not the coach, but I would have used the final timeout. I know it’s only week 4, but Kolb is starting to look like a bust, and Fitz is clearly getting angry. Multiple times Fitz was wide open and Kolb didn’t even look in his direction. There was one particular camera angle where Fitz was 15 yds down field, and the nearest defender was at least 7 yds behind him. Throw to Fitz, TD, enough said. How long does it take to learn this system. It’s been 2 and 1/2 months, and 65 million. Throw Bartel in, see what he can do, he looked pretty sharp in preseason. This team can ill afford to lose anymore ground in the division. I really expected alot more. The trade is really starting to look bad as well as lopsided, even though the Eagles are also 1-3. At least they have a 2nd rd draft pick.

46. By suspence716 on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

CNelson ur a moron… ur all excited over 130 yards rushing. Big freakin deal, ryan torain had 135 yards on 19 carries n he didnt even start, he was sharing carries. If u dont realize that Kolb is too skiddish and is getting worse every week then ur truly a moron. The play calling is horrid, the defense is soft. And i don’t want to hear about a learning curve, or that the team has only had 2 1/2 months to play together. Duh, so have all the other teams. U dont see cam newton runnin out of the pocket n throwin the ball out of bounds 10 to 15 times a game do u? Get real dude, why u think fitz was so pissed yesterday, cuz kolb wasnt doin his effing job! Cards suck, 5-11 again. Wake up!!!!

47. By BIG RED on Oct 3, 2011 | Reply

I’m with you suspence716. Hey, nelson do you think their’s time for Porter, Haggen and some of the other veterans to wait till, the next coming of Romo(Kolb)wakes up from his reality show. It’s now or never, if you have the time to sit and wait till nolb gets better, well sit down, cause it’s gonna take a long time. Die Hard CARDINAL FAN…… IT’S NOW,DAMNIT.