About the bye-week work

Posted by Darren Urban on October 11, 2011 – 9:38 am

The new rules of the collective bargaining agreement will make for a short week of practice. Because players must get four consecutive days off, it means the best way to get two days in is Tuesday and Wednesday work, which is what the Cards will begin today.

As for what they can accomplish in those two days, coach Ken Whisenhunt was specific.

“We can work on a lot of the things we’re having issues with right now,” he said. “We’re going to have a couple of third-down periods where we just focus on third downs. We’re going to work on some red-zone situations.

“I mean competitive reps against the defense so you’re getting live looks and having to make the reads and make those plays. That can help us and give us a little more concentrated effort on the areas we need.”

The Cardinals would then be off Thursday through Sunday and then return to a practice Monday. A week from today would be a normal day off as the Cards get back into a regular routine before the Pittsburgh game.

Tags:

50 Responses to “About the bye-week work”

1. By Gilbert on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I have been reading some of the post of some fans and I think they need to cool off. The Cards are going through growing pains. Painful growing pains I hav no idea why some fans can’t praise the effort the org has put into the team, noone can say they are cheap or effortless to get talent. Kolb is gonna make it just give him time. They may not win the division but it will serve a learning experience. So if ur a fan and reading this support the team if not shut up. Go and be a bandwagon cowboy fan.

2. By footballdad79 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I think us Cardinals fans are finding out why the Steelers hired Tomlin over Whiz. I hate to say it and hope he proves me wrong. I don’t think Kolb is a bad QB at all, there are several other QB’s having success that are less talented. Head coach needs to and did take the blame, but I’m not sure if he’ll fix it. He says stay with what works, that it worked to take them to a super bowl. Well I’m only a youth football coach but I know your coaching schemes MUST change with different personnel. I hope our home sell-out streak remains through these tough (Whiz’s fav word) times.

3. By Dynosoar on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I watched the Lions last night (My grandfathers team for 85 or so years) and felt if they can put together a winning team, so can we.

We have one, we’re just not winning. We can do this and our team does play better at home. Let’s raise the roof (unless it’s retracted).

We can still make Indy, let’s start by pulling a Ravens on the Steelers.

4. By Michelle on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I just have a question…..Why is it that the Whiz is quick to point fingers at everyone else except his playcalling? Everyone knows he is calling the plays it is ovbious they are the same plays that got us no where last season and so far now. We couldnt even beat the Vikings who had no wins! Come on his play calling is so predictable and every team watches some footage on us before they play us and then we are all figured out before we start the game. Kolb is not the answer…we paid way to much for him….he stinks!!! Dont get me wrong it is hard to fill Warners shoes….but he runs so far back after the ball is hiked he is another predictable character on this team. I honestly dont know what to think. Answer this for me Darren… In Fitz contract he just signed can he leave without us trading him? Because a reciever like that on this team….ugh…. what a waste of talent! I am sure it has crossed his mind “what the hell did I stay with this team for?” its sad we have so much talent but just horrible coaching. Look at the 49ers….they were horrible last season they were battling us for 3rd place in our division last season and all they get is a new coach and wah lah they are winning 4 out of 5 of their games. Does that not stand out to anyone???? The whiz Stinks his play calling stinks and his attitude stinks! WE NEED A NEW COACH! A OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR WHO IS GOING TO CALL THE OFFENSIVE PLAYS. Not a coach who has a ego problem and cant let the OC do his job!! When we went to the superbowl we had a OC a good one, then after he left Warner called the plays. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see our #1 problem is the coach!!! Get your head out of your a$$ Whiz and take MOST of the blame! Stop calling the plays thats what Miller is for and you be head coach thats your job!!!! I love the Cards and yes the offense was NOT at their best sunday and niether was our defense…but its hard when you have to listen to horrible predictable play calling. We need a big change a huge change and it all starts with coach whiz get rid of him!!!

5. By footballdad79 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I think telling Cards fans who are being critical of a team they love to shut up on a forum dedicated for discussion is unnecessary. When our team with the talent we have is 1-4 its perfectly ok to be critical.

6. By Darren Urban on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Michelle —

RE: Playcalling

Again, because it has been mentioned many, many times, Miller is calling the plays.

7. By Cards4Ever on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Are the players hitting today?

8. By weezy89 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

we will be ok the defense is going to correct itself, kolb will get into a rythmn with his receivers, look the niners are a rebirth of that 6-0 broncos team a couple of years ago okay remember that a below average team catching breaks and orton playing at a level that even he never seen…. yeah guess what that is what alex smith is doing right now. we have alot talent on this team and will start winning all of you criticizing whiz obviosly dont know wth you are talking about and should go watch soccer or something the guy has changed the culture out here and after 1 bad year and a little slump now you want his head that is a little ridiculous he is a great coach and knows what he is doing. if not for three boneheaded mistakes we are one play in each game minus the minny one from being 4-1 we will turn it around and if you dont think so and are that critical then obviosly you have never played football or dont understand the game slumps happen momentum is a killer dont believe me ask the packers last year look at the struggles they had the last year we have a good qb that will produce and a linebacking core that is confused making mental mistakes that will be fixed and a secondary that needs some guidance which is happening as we speak so just calm down and let coaches coach and the players play and trust this staff because without it heck we might be the LA cardinals or San Antonio cardinals

9. By georgiebird on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Those Cardinals’ fans who are calling for patience with Kolb(and the coaches) are missing the point here.
    In 2011, there is/was a window of opportunity to win the NFC West- the Rams are still breaking in a new QB; SF had QB & organizational problems and the Seahawks had QB problems. The thought was the Cardinals had everything in place and just needed a QB and thus the expensive deal for Kolb.
    As this window of opportunity is rapidly closing (if not closed), where does that leave the Cardinals during the next 4-5 years especially if Kolb is just going to be an average QB.
    Since the Cardinals may be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, I hear people saying the Cardinals should trade down-Are you crazy?
    These are critical times for the Cardinals. If they can’t turn this season around real fast, here’s what I would do as the window closes in the division:
    1) go after Andrew Luck if they can draft him
    2) start playing Skelton
    3) Make plans to get rid of Kolb (if possible)
    4) Make plans to get rid of Larry (if a deal can be made)
    5) Of course, get rid of Whiz
    6) Of course, get rid of Graves
    Once again, critical times require critical steps- or then again, we can keep Kolb, Larry,and Whiz and be cellar dwellers for the next 4-5 years.
    Somewhere, Derek Anderson must be smiling.

10. By Dan on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Mike Miller and Coach Whiz are calling plays, not only Miller, Whiz said before the season began that they would share playcalling Darren.

11. By Rich on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Hey Gilbert…………..a fan can be critical and supportive at the same time. Be careful telling people to shut up. Its not polite.

12. By Rich on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Michelle,
    You are CORRECT! I don’t care what the team or the media says…..Whizenhunt is guiding the offensive play selection. Whether he physically calls the plays at game time or not…..he is the heavy influence on the structure and the style of play calling. Its obvious to anyone who goes to the games.

13. By John S on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Michelle – you are exactly correct. I agree with what you said 100%

Darren, you keep telling people Miller is calling the plays. Are you forgetting the presser in the beginning of the year after they got the new defensive coordinator and Whiz was directly asked about Miller and the off coord position and who would be calling the plays??? Whiz said he thought his own play calling was “pretty good” and he said he would not be letting Miller do all the play calling he would still be very involved in it. My guess is that Miller is more of a suggestion man from upstairs and Whiz is most definitely calling the plays. If he wasn’t would he have the play card in his hands which he also uses to hide his mouth when calling the plays into Kolb? Michelle was absolutely correct that the play calling is the same as last year and its unbelievably predictable. We definitely need a good OC and get the play card out of Whiz’s hands because his game plan isn’t working and like people have said his “my way or the highway” mentality is what’s killing this team.

14. By Old Man Riva on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Sorry to burst your bubble Gilbert, but this fan of 50 years has seen this team mature and become competetive about a half dozen times in that entire period. So if you are thinking they will acheive that goal in the near future, don’t hold your breath. Even if the team does manage to return to that brief period (Warner Era) when they actually played for the championship, the Bidwill clan will make sure they dismantle the team in record time to prevent paying any more of their hard earned dollars to any deserving players or to reward a very deserving fan base by fielding a competetive team.

PS: Alex Smith is showing us what happens when a good QB is paired with a coach who know how to coach QBs…they become great QBs.

15. By Rugbymuffin on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Same ol Cardinals.

Have fun during your bye week guys. You haven’t earned the rest.

16. By Gary on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

The Cardinals should try a flea flicker to create a big play. Maybe even an end around. What do you think Darren? Maybe on defense the Cardinals could be a hybrid 3-4 and 4-3 defense depending on what team they play. Maybe a 4-3 would get pressure to the QB better than the 3-4,depending who the offense is.The same for defending the run…..maybe the 4-3 would be better at times.Maybe by switching it would confuse offenses. The tv analyst said during the game that Chester Taylor is good at running the screen pass. He was surprised that Chester wasn’t used for that.

17. By suspence716 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I agree footballdad79

As a fan i love my football team just like i would my own child. When my child does good i commend them, when they mess up and continue to do the same mess up over n over n over, they just keep getting scolded n grounded. Right now i’m upset with my football team cuz they keep doing the same mess up over n over n over n over. When are they going to get sick of it? All i can do is sit back n watch, i cant ground them. However, i can be critical and try to scold them from my living room! :) Its our football team, just cuz ur swimming in the kool-aid and enjoying it doesnt mean i have to like the flavor. I wish the cards would get better, but lets face it, they stink and its not going to get any better this year. U shouldn’t get worse every year, u should get better and even matching last years record of 5-11 is going to be hard to do this year. I only see 3 more winnable games on the schedule n thats only if the rams don’t beat us like the seahawks did.

18. By Upset Cards Fan on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

First off, no one is calling the team cheap. We opened our pockets and got some quality guys this offseason. I think Kolb will be a great QB for us, I can just tell by his attitude. Dude really wants to win. Almost everyone I have seen talking bad about this team is talking about coaching, and for good reason. We went out and spent money to address possitions that even the coaches admitted were a problem, but now it isn’t working. It could be one of 2 things. These players either suck and no one coach ever make them good no matter what they did, or they are not playing in a system suited for their strengths. I think it is the latter and I believe that falls on the coaches shoulders. Whiz said he will not change because his way wins. his way has won us 1 and lost of 4, I think your way sucks Whiz.

19. By suspence716 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Darren

If Whiz isn’t calling the plays then why do i see him studying over the playcard like he’s wondering what play to call next? If he ditches the playcard from the grasps of his fingers then i will start to believe that miller is calling the plays. Until then, we can all see that whiz is calling the plays n thats the reason why everyone keeps bringing it up.

20. By Chris on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

How often do you find yourself bashing your head on the computer desk?
    #arealfanwouldknowthesethings

Thanks for the updates, D!

21. By Chuck 1 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Let’s get down to the facts;
    Graves and Keim knew that Whiz and Horton were set on using a 3-4 defense and they knew that required EXPERIENCED pass rushing LBs.
    And, what position players did they draft and sign as FAs in 2011?
    Draft: RB, (a pass catching, speedy) TE, a FB/RB and a WR (in addition to two inexperienced LBs and an inexperienced DT)
    FAs: Two TEs, G etc.
    Graves and Keim didn’t sign what Whiz and Horton needed.
    Hence, Whiz and Horton have been forced to try to put square pegs into round holes.
    WRT OL, Graves and Keim knew that the Tackle position needed new experienced personnel. Did they sign anyone? NO!!!
    So, when fans blame Whiz and Horton for using a 3-4, and having an ineffective defense, the fingers should point squarely at Graves and Keim. Did Whiz have a say in who was drafted and signed as FAs? To some extent. But, I believe that he wasn’t the ultimate decider.
    Will Graves and/or Keim suffer any repercussions e.g. be fired? Are you kidding me? Whiz and some of his coaches will take the fall.

22. By B on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Yes but he still agrees with these play calls or he would object/change them before giving them to Kolb.

Out coaching staff has got to be some of the least qualified people out there.

23. By Mario on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

After reading Belichick’s strategy on the lockout shortened season and why he opted against the 3-4 Defense and going with a 4-3, it sure feels like a miscalculation on Whiz and Ray Horton’s part. Sometimes Belichick just makes you sit back and go “wow”. He was willing to switch to the 4-3 because it was the same front as the nickel and he just didn’t think they had enough time to implement the 3-4 correctly, stating that many teams were using multiple WR’s on 1st, and 2nd down anyways. He kept it simple.

24. By chevy on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

How can our offense improve if we practice against our lousy defense daily and vice versa.

25. By Nate on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Should our team only focus in practice on scoring touchdowns and converting third downs? YES! I like this because if our team can convert a 8 yard passing play when the defense knows what the goal of the play is than 1 and 10 should be easy. I don’t think whiz is leaving any time soon. Yes the cardinals are close, as is every team in the NFL.

26. By Rocky on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

WOW…. It doesn’t hurt anymore!!!!!

27. By Rocky on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Darren… COME ON MAN!!!! If Miller is Calling the Plays… Why does every sideline shot of Whiz… Have him with the play Card talking to the QB.. Looks like WHIZ IS CALLING THE PLAYS… WATCH THE TELECAST… THERE IS NO OTHER CONCLUSION…

28. By againstthegrain on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

i have paid decent money in support of the cardinals and i will not be afraid to stuff my foot up their backside when they deserve it. kolb was/is a very expensive unproven commodity. whether or not he has what it takes to be a good professional qb is still unknown. the sad fact is we got the same or better play out of lesser know individuals last year for a lot less money. hell, i’m not a so called bandwagon fan but i’m hoipin” that we can at least finish 5-11. the schedule at this point is not user friendly for a 1-4 team. the reality is that as of today the “team” and i use that term loosely, stinks. as for whiz…. well i beleieve he is an inept puppet master and i will continue to believe this until he proves me wrong. neither a rabid cardnials fan nor obama will tell me what to say or think. in this what have you done lately world i ask, “hey cardinals, what have you done lately” sadly the answer is, “we made a winless football team look like a super bowl contender”. nice.

29. By SteveDCO on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Darren –

Do you think Whiz would reach out to someone like Bill Cowher during a time like this for how to bring a team back from the edge?

Not saying he should or that it would help but just curious about the OC/ HC dynamic.

It is obvious Michelle has some hate for Coach Whiz which is mis-directed since he doesn’t call plays. Coach Miller calls they play into Whiz and Whiz radios it into Kolb. This is why you see Whiz with a play sheet.

I have argued in the past that the plays this year seem to simplistic. How many times can you run an inside slant on 3rd down? The issue with this argument is the fact that the Cards play calling has had to be scaled back by the failure of players to execute. Whiz, Fitz and Kolb have called this out already this year.

30. By Darren Urban on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

SteveDCO —

RE: Cowher/playcalls

I don’t think so on Cowher, but I could be wrong.

As for the playcalling, people will think what they want to think. It doesn’t makes sense for me to keep answering/explaining the same things over and over.

31. By D. Robles on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I know I was a little upset yesterday, but I’m not really going to give away my jerseys or my license plate. I’m a Cardinals fan for life. You know where this road leads concerning the head coach (whiz). Who do you think will be our next head coah? Cause Kurt Warner made coach whiz look good, without Kurt Warner he went from coach whiz to COACH WASN’T.

32. By KYLE on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

hey darren,

i am a diehard cards fan and have been my whole life. its sad to see what has transpired this year but i also understand this is a transitional period for us with trying to implenment new defense in a short amount of time and trying to get kolb caught up. but i have some questions. first if we had an oppurtunity to get andrew luck you think we would even though we have invested in kolb? and secondly can we expect housler to play more or is this just to replace heap until he comes back?

33. By Darren Urban on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Kyle —

RE: Questions

1) I’m not doing Luck questions right now. Way too much football to go, and a lot can happen.
    2) I think Heap will jump back into the lineup but to me, Housler has flashed enough to earn more time.

34. By Scott H on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

georgebird –

Interesting that you say we should start playing Skelton…I wonder, were you saying the same last year while this unbelieveably stubborn head coach continued to stick with Derek Anderson game after game – because he gave us the best chance to win – while the losses just kept piling up behind us? I’m actually glad you brought this up. Because I WAS screaming for Skelton last year while we were watching the season go down the toilet with Skelton standing on the sidelines. I’m glad you pointed this out because it just underscores how utterly bad Whiz’s judgement and decisions have been.

Perhaps if Whiz had let Skelton play early enough last year, we may have not needed to address the QB position as priority #1 this year. Perhaps we would have known that Skelton could play and we could have NOT needed to trade DRC away to get a QB. This is certainly not a far-fetched scenario by any stretch. It COULD HAVE ALL PLAYED OUT THAT WAY IF WHIZ WOULD HAVE USED BETTER JUDGEMENT THEN. He didn’t and perhaps we are paying for it now. Fact is, we don’t know if Skelton could have been our QB because the damn head coach never gave us a chance to find out. What did he get at the end of the season – 3 games??? He could have had 8 or 9 if Whiz could have seen what was so plain to see for the rest of us – that Derek Anderson was awful and we were going nowhere with him.

I wonder if all the people who were so angry with DRC being traded away have ever considered this. If not, well, consider it now. Don’t get me wrong – I was fully in support of obtaining Kevin Kolb. But perhaps if the head coach had made better decisions A YEAR AGO ( !!!!! ), we would not have needed him. And I WAS saying it then ( over and over ).

georgebied, my frustration is not with you. Your post just gave me a springboard for all of this.

35. By G-dog on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I have been a cards fan for 40 years and I am tired of the them . Here’s the problem. You had more needs defensively than offensively. You needed an.
    olb/de, Kolb is a back up, and we should for a cam newton or ryan mallet . This was a job saving patch up job. levi brown over peterson still hurting from that one

36. By cooldaddy79 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

All i gotta to say is they need to practice more not just on the days allowed to them.

37. By AndyStandsUp on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I don’t pretend to know how the plays are called in, but wouldn’t it make more sense to relay the call directly to the QB, instead of sending it to Whiz, having him decide if it’s the correct call, possibly changing it and then to Kolb? That’s a lot to do in 45 seconds and Ken has always had a problem with time management IMO.

Plus, there is unrefutable evidence that Whiz is not doing the offensive playcalling:
    He said in the offseason that “Ive decided that I’ll only be calling the good plays.” and Miller will be responsible for the bad ones.

I rest my case.

38. By Brandon LA on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

We need Red Pants for Steelers.

39. By Richard S. on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Can Arizona trade the Superbowl for a 2nd round draft pick next year?

40. By scott023 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Well, Mr. stevedco so miller calls the play to coach whiz that calls the play to kolb? I am more confused with that than ever! Then in defense he does what with the play book? Please…. if he is in the loop he is the play caller period. We can see just fine. Your way is worse, for him. My god even when he says it, that he is doing it. Look we have had it,we added great talent and we are worse. Really look at the niners the same players and the only thing that has change is the coach. The flip side of us 4 and 1. Mr. stevedco not hate just the truth.

41. By sport245245 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Coaches coach, and players play. The most important player is the quarterback and so far, he has left much to be desired. Just not getting the job done. As for Sundays game. the field position just killed us. Couldn’t get the ball out to the 5 yard line to get a full punt distance for Graham, then a Kolb fumble. An int. and I havn’t looked at the stats, but the Vikes didn’t have enough offense to reflect the point total they had.(34) Sometime, things just snowball, Nonetheless, Kolb didn’t play well at all.

42. By Christo on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

3 – 13 last 16.

What you think works Whiz, CLEARLY does not. You don’t have the team that was in the Super Bowl.

Adapt.

If we are drafting Top 5, the Ownership and Fans need to show some cahonas and dispose of Graves, Whiz, Grimm . . the whole lot.

What are the constants in all the losing?

43. By David on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

November 6 looks like a possible win!

44. By Jeff Gollin on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Too bad about Collective Bargaining limitations on practice time.

If it were me, I’d communicate the “sense of urgency” to my players by scheduling a full-dress 4-quarter scrimmage on Bye-Sunday and a full workweek both before and after.

Setting aside the Viking score, going 1 & 4 etc. for a moment, what really waxed me was that the team walked out onto the field in Minnesota “flat as a pancake”

Calling that performance “unacceptable” just wastes 12 characters worth of text and even more time. Actions speak louder than words. How is each coach and player spending his Bye Week time?

45. By Darren Urban on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

AndyStands —

RE: Playcall logistics

I do not believe you can have someone upstairs talk directly to the QB. It has to come from the sideline.

46. By cards62 on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Chuck 1 – I agree with what you are saying and I have said it many times. Graves has done a poor job the past few years and should be fired, and I will give Ken one more year, 2012 to see what we have. I do believe Ken W. wanted Derek Anderson as QB but Graves should have known better and provided us with better.

I agree with your square peg in a round hole Chuck, but even a child will give up after awhile and try something different. Coach needs to try something different and in my opinion that is run the ball more on offense and play a 4 – 3 on defense with our current roster.

These guys should not take 1 day off and especially not 4 days off. They have not earned a day off with their play and all of their penalties and this goes for the coaches as much as the players.

Go Cards

47. By cards62 on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

GeorgieBird

Why in the world would you trade Fitz?

I am not ready to give up on Kolb yet. He has this season and next for me. Remember he is getting no help coaching which is why I liked veterans like Carson Palmer or Marc Bulger as they do not need coaching, but that said I like the fire I see in Kolb and the leadership I see in him unlike the clown we had laughing on the sidelines last year while we were losing.

Go Cards

48. By Michelle on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Georgiebird…..

I am very confused about why you think getting rid of Fitz is smart?? Yeah you could probably get a whole bunch for him, but he is a great team player a great reciever one of the best in the NFL. We would be a FOOL to get rid of him. Yes Kolb is playing horrible in my opinion due to the play calling, not knowing how to use him. Kolb is better then smith just no one here to teach him… a bad front line doesnt help at all. Brown and Keith are so fat they are slower then ever and Kolb has zero protection. If kolb had 2 or 3 seconds like Brady or Rodgers he would be just as good. You give a qb time he can go from average to great! We have some good Offensive line guys but we also have 2 of the worst! That makes a huge difference.I cant say I dislike Kolb but I cant say he is my choice. But from the looks of it thats going to be our QB. I think the change on the 49ers coaching staff has proven that coaching is the difference. Same players but a different coach. You talking about us getting Luck…that would be a great thing however, after our investment in kolb thats not likely. Reality says we are doomed until we get another head coach. Putting Fitz in with the whiz’s and the graves of this team is WRONG!!!! We need him he is very important to our team!!! I think Bartel did very well in the preseason and yes he didnt do well for the 5 min he was in this past game again thanks to the playcalling. I know Darren says miller is calling the plays ok Darren if you say so…. thats not what Whiz said was going to happen in the beginning. Its obvious we are calling the same predictable plays as we did last year. Where did we end up last year??? Oh yeah last place. Time will show you it will be a fight for last place again instead of it being the 49ers fighting us it will be the rams for last place and the 49ers will be in the playoffs doing great with their new coach!! The whiz’s ego will not allow him to put the playcard in someone elses hands! I have watched us be up 10 points and Whiz find a way with his predictable playcalling to lose!! The Giants are greatful for him!! The Vikings had a Qb worst then Kolb and they still found a way to kill us with better play calling! I heard that Kolb said “other players were showing up late and giving no extra effort well they have no leader. When I see the players faces when they are beaten down with no hope you can see they are lost. Its sad! So much talent just no leadership!!! Adrian Wilson waved away a reporter after the game on sunday in shame. There is no reason to lose to a team that was worse off then you!!!

49. By adam sheafe on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

Weezy89,

The 49ers are legit. How can you compare them to the Broncos when they were 6-0. Prior to that year the Broncos were always known for starting fast and falling apart at the end of the year. So everyone knew that implosion was already gonna happen. You don’t pay attention to the history of teams. The 49ers are legit. They have a solid team. Alex Smith finally has a head coach that is a QB guy. Harbaugh has taken Alex Smith under his wing and showed him how to play the game again. That is why he is successful. It is Harbaugh who has brought in a solid foundation of hard work and mistaken free football to the Cards. They don’t give up big plays on defense either. That’s solid football.

Whisenhunt has no philosophy and no identity of what he wants the team to stand for. A running team? Or a Passing team? Discipline? Mistake free? You tell me. Whisenhunt is so lost trying to be a head coach it’s bad. He never even coached the 2007, 08 & 09 teams. Those players were all leaders and knew what it took to win and had a fire and resolve about them. People are mistaking those years of success and giving the credit to Whiz when it wasn’t him at all. He had a team that was determined to be successful and took their jobs and roles seriously and knew how to be pros. Some people on here have no idea and knowledge of football. Weezy89, get your game up.

50. By Az Cardz Fan on Oct 16, 2011 | Reply

It’s 1-4 so far, what will it take to start winning? who’s to blame when we lose a game? We have talented players, Whiz…..”Let them play!” quit telling us the same ole’ story line when the Az Cards lose. I’m a die-hard fan and always will be, but if we don’t start winning games, it’s time to let Coach Whiz GO!!!!!!!!!!!! He ain’t taking this team anywhere……