Cards sign S Sean Considine, cut Graham

Posted by Darren Urban on October 11, 2011 – 2:19 pm

The Cardinals have added a safety to the roster, inking Sean Considine, formerly of the Eagles, Jaguars and the Panthers. To make room on the roster, the team released punter Ben Graham, not a surprise with Dave Zastudil still around and the team two weeks from a game. Considine was with the Panthers for a month earlier this season, and was with Carolina when they played the Cardinals in the opener. The former fourth-round pick has been in the league since 2005.

Tags: ,

71 Responses to “Cards sign S Sean Considine, cut Graham”

1. By J K on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Poor Ben Graham. What an emotional roller coaster he’s had to go through with this team. It’s like the girl who keeps taking the abusive boyfriend back but he hasn’t changed a bit. Hopefully this didn’t have too much of an affect on his family. I also hope he was compensated well for his small amount of time back on the team.

Obviously the situation dictated the roster move more than the player did, but did you get to see if there were improvements in his punting game Darren?

2. By Javi on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

darren since the cards have been losing do you expect any more signings to be made by the cards like signing a veteran wr to line up on the opposite side of fitz?

3. By Darren Urban on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

JK —

RE: Graham

First of all, it was made pretty plain Graham was short-term help. Second, I though Ben was the same guy. He was awesome when he was near the 50 and got to pin the Vikings deep. The one time they really needed him to change field position — and it was very difficult, because he was standing in the back of the end zone — he kicked a line drive punt that was returned 22 yards to the Cards 18. We talk about “making plays” whether it is an interception or a great catch, well, that’s one of the “plays” a punter can make. Those are the kind of things they didn’t think they got from Graham enough.

4. By Darren Urban on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Javi —

RE: WR

No I do not, barring an injury.

5. By Michael Lennon on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

If many of things that the Cards are currently doing aren’t working, perhaps they should try a George Costanza and do the opposite of what they think is right….?

6. By TucsonTim on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

2 punts inside the 5 are also one of the plays a punter can make. Bad move unless we think we will be punting a lot more from our end zone. It’s also another move that is simply not popular with the fans. I know he’s just a punter but UC put out the numbers a few weeks ago. They’re just not that different (in fact, if I remember correctly Graham had the edge). So we cut a vetern who can hold, pass the ball over his head to Feely, kill the ball inside the 20 better than anyone else and avoid blocked kicks for another Browns cast off with a bum knee. Nice work.

7. By John on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Do you think any NBA players will come into the NFL? Lebron asked but I’m not sure about the rest.

8. By Scott H on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Lucky Ben. He doesn’t have to stick around for any more losses. If this team cut everyone who is failing to make plays…they’d have about enough players left to fill a Volkswagon. Maybe. And I ain’t talkin’ about the Volkswagon van, either!

9. By Dynosoar on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Michael Lennon,

you made my day!

Opposite George is one of my two favorite episodes. The other is Pinters wedding, where the entire show’s chronology is backwards. These are classics.

We need opposite George. Remember when he was cut off in traffic, he didn’t get mad. Perhaps we should be a little more like opposite George as fans.

On the flipside, I recall a definition of insanity as doing the same things and expecting different results. I’d like to suggest a change, let’s win.

I love my Cardinals! Win or lose they’ll always be my team. Now, let’s take out our frustrations on the Steelers. Let’s set our goal for Indy and nothing less.

10. By Scottie Boy on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Well, I was not in support of Kolb when they traded for him, I thought I was going to eat crow after the 1st game but no. He is nothing more than a backup QB. Offensive line is plain offensive. Why we didnt go after the available LTs this offseason blows my mind. Sign one of them, move Levi to LG, do whatever with RG, and sign anther RT or let Keith & Bridges battle it out and you are looking at a much upgraded OL especially on the left. Patrick Peterson? Who is he? Dude has not done one good thing, his one pick was a garbage pick anyone of 3 Cards could have had. I have been a die hard for 20 years but I am truly at a breaking point. In all sincerity, lose the rest of the games and get Luck(y).

11. By J K on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I was mistaken. I thought I had read that he moved back to Australia. I just remember reading an article in which he had to sort of uproot his family once he was re-signed. Turns out I was mistaking it for the Sea World trip his family was on when he got the call.

12. By cheesebeef on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Is it better to have a punter who can consistently make plays within the 20 yard line but struggles in other areas like Graham does, or is it better to stick with a guy in Zastudil who consistently makes zero plays in ANY area (see the awful punt against the Giants). Neither guy is good, but why stick with the guy who has zero speciality and also kicks low line drives vs. the guy who our kicker is familiar with and has a great knack for pinning teams deep? I mean, isn’t the ability to pin a team inside the 10 yard line making a play for a punter? I mean, that’s Graham’s strength right and we saw it on display this week. Can you tell me what Zastudil’s strength is?

Scott

13. By Michael Lennon on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

@ Dynosoar,
    You’re welcome! I’m trying to inject some humor into this years performance or lack there of, so I don’t get too down. Yep, doing the same thing over and over agian and expecting different results is nuts….

14. By Sarah on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Kolb is now fast becoming a joke, I do not get why they blew so much money on someone who had not proved himself to any degree. In fact I think John Skelton has a better arm and was worth waiting for his second year to see how he performed. The Cards now have an Alex Smith type situation .

15. By cooldaddy79 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Whos the ss ? what has he done?

16. By AZCoyotes on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I don’t think many punters could of made a play being pinned that deep in your endzone. When that punt happened live I was relieved Graham got the kick off in time. If I recall correctly he had 3 guys about to block that kick so no one must of been blocking for him. I always thought Graham was a good punter but I don’t have the eye for talent like Coach Whiz.

17. By AndyStandsUp on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Sorry Darren, but I agree with Tim. The Cards lose more by releasing Graham than gain by keeping Zastudil IMO.
    Like you said, Ben was pinned against the goal line and he had to hit it quick and even though it was a “line drive” the ST guys have to make tackles to prevent the return, no matter how short or long the kick was.
    We knew it was going to be short term but it still rankles some people’s hides when one of their favorite players are released.

18. By Matthew on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

you know i learned the superbowl is going to be in arizona, however the cardinals are still not going to be playing in it

19. By drummer-1 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

CARDINALS…. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, MOVE OUT OF AZ, LET THE FANS COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT HAVING A TEAM….but i hope they would take you with them Darren, wouldn’t want you to lose your job..

20. By drummer-1 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I really don’t feel that way, just wish some fans would leave this board.. The negativity and rude comments gets old after awhile…

21. By Todd on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Even if we get the 1st pick in the draft something tells me Luck would end up somewhere else. Like when Adrian Peterson ended up in Minnesota and Levi Brown became a Cardinal. Wiz needs to start holding players accountable when they don’t produce like he used to and make’em sit on the bench. Oh wait, then Beanie and the tight ends wouldnd’t have anyone to block for them cause they’d be the only ones on the field.

22. By georgiebird on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

The moves the Cardinals have made in the past year seem to have no effect on the team like getting rid of Graham for another punter, replacing Skelton with Kolb or other moves like Deuce out and Hadnot and/or Coolidge in.
    All the guys that left like Rolle, Dansby and Breaston are things that happen in the NFL and I can’t fault the Cardinals. Boldin’s situation got to be be a lot more personal and there is some blame to go around.
    But as a Cardinal fan looking at this very bad situation, I wish the Cardinals’ ownership was more hands-on. I wish the Bidwill’s would say enough is enough. I wish the Bidwill’s were instead named George Steinbrenner or Al Davis. Heads should roll !!!.

23. By Steve Lee on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

On the bright side everyone, Early Doucet seemed to have hands made of glue Sunday. He got several first downs and critical yards when they were needed.

24. By Brandon on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Scottie,

I agree with u on the Offensive Line. I wanted the cards to sign Matt Light or Bryan Mckinnie during the off-season but no they had to stick with Levi who sucks and doesnt have the muscle to play lt, u can tell against Orakpo and Clemmons rt maybe. I hope maybe they can get Jonathin Martin or Matt Kalil in the draft. As for Luck I dont really think qb is the main problem. 1. We have no pass rush except for dockett. 2.nothing at outside LB except for some old guys 3. DB really sucks, Wilson looks slow and cant cover Tight Ends, Patrick Peterson cant cover the deep ball and aJ Jefferson to me shouldnt be a starter.

Just my opinion

25. By Nathan on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Alright Guys, here’s my ideas of solutions other than just scrapping Whiz.
    1. Better playcalling obviously, call a draw on 3rd and long once and awhile,those bunched crossing routes aren’t working. Get better at those back shoulder throws.
    2. Bring in a big nasty DT like Shaun Rogers or Jamal Williams we lack the size to plug up the middle and that hurts our edge rushing as well. Don’t know who’s availabe but someone of that type.
    3.Convert to a 3 safety set using Adrian Wilson up near the line of scrimmage but not exclusive to blitzing (this idea is hurting with the loss of Rhodes though) but I think it’d help with his blitzing and he’s like a linebacker as far as tackling plus better than most linebackers dropping back into coverage. Just look at Polomalu he’s always in the backfield I know Adub doesn’t have that same speed but I think he’d be good to get into the QB’s head.
    4. Give Beanie the rock! When he runs well, we look good. Plus you need those cornerbacks and safeties having to come up and try to tackle the man, it’ll help break them down in the secondary for the passing game.
    5. If Kolb doesn’t catch up his game in the next two games I think you need to put Skelton in and see what we have there.

Looking for any feedback from you guys and Darren as well.

26. By Ryan on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Why do Graves and Whis refuse to get offensive linemen with actual talent…..hadnot was cut by the browns when they had the worst line in the league at the time(excluding joe thomas)…Bridges is a castoff….Levi was ok as a right tackle sendlein is average colledge is average….they can run block a little bit but they are as bad if not worse than the bears line….And i am sure andre roberts looks good against the defense but the secondary is awful…jefferson can’t tackle peterson is a rookie and while i think he is going to be fine he is still a project…Kolb needs to learn to use his te’s more he’s got a good group… Whisenhunt needs to realize that the cardinals are not the steelers and will not be….go back to getting the ball out of the qb’s hands with quick passes and medium routes like when warner was here….

27. By Bay Area Bad Boy on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I’m with Dynosoar, Let’s take our frustrations out on Pittsburg. We have two weeks to prepare for them. As much as I would like to trash my team and the coaching staff, I wont. I am still hopeful we can turn it around. I did not see the game this weekend due to a pop warner game so I can’t comment.
    But when I heard the score it felt like I swallowed a rock. I’m not a big fan of the coach nor have I ever been, but he’s the coach we have right now so I will support him until they decide not to retain him. So Coach Whiz, get your act together, get your staff in line and the team will follow. No one likes losing. Pittsburg is next. So lets beat the Steelers first then move on to the next game. We can still catch the 49ers if we can put a win or two together. No matter how good the niners look, I don’t believe they are better than the Cards. Coach Harbaugh has done a good job so far now its Coach Whiz’s turn to turn the table.

LETS GO CARDS !!!!

28. By KurtM on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Scottie well to me your are what we call a paper thin fan…. Peterson won us our one and only game and has made some huge plays at Corner (still has a lot to learn yes) the line backers and d line need to step up they’ve got to put pressure on the qb. They give the qb way to much time to get ready or wait for a WR to get open. Kurt Warner was not squat his 1st season either with the cards. Kolb is way younger then Warner also and has never had a complete season start under his belt Warner had a legacy already. People like you are not true fans you are the ones that come around when they finally will start to produce.

29. By bobcat44 on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Scottie Boy remember the first game against the Panthers? who won us that game in your opinion? oh thats right Patrick Peterson he is the reason we are not 0-5 right now

30. By bigshoyzy on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

its better that the cardinals try and win, if they get Luck he will definitely bust, thats the way it works in AZ

31. By azcards24 on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

To evryone who says cardinals messed up big time with the Kolb trade, ask YOURSELF this from what was availiable who would you have gotten Orton…joke so far, gabbert…ill take skelton if were goin rookies, mc nabb…i just wont say anything there,vince young…..injured, …….anyone else you could think of, we got the best availiable Qb at a cost a 2nd round pick, and DRC doesnt look like hes getting a pro bowl pick any time soon either so just throw away your 29 jerseys already and be done it. it aint that bad a loss, did we forget about PETERSON!

32. By JohnfromOz on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Poor, poor decision again Cardinals – Ben Graham is too good a punter to let go in favour of a bloke with a dodgy knee. Looks as though the judgement of your team management personnel is as poor as your on field results. Methinks that the one reflects the paucity of the other.

33. By clssylssy on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Sorry to see us lose Graham (AGAIN). Never really heard of this Considine fellow,so don’t know what to think of that move except that he apparently hasn’t been around any team that I am all that impressed by and was kicked to the curb,sooo, will hope a new career in the desert will breath life into him. I do hold to the formula “If it’s not broke why fix it” and recognize that we have done some major “fixing” and “overhaul” to a formula that was winning for us (a few years back). We have talent on this team but don’t use it, and I have to believe that after the Vikings game even Fitz is demoralized. The loss of Kerry Rhodes is major and the Hightower deal was just plain stupid…which is mute except to wonder how many more of our “core” players are going to be traded for unproven products. Rookies will be rookies and have much learning to do even if they are a raw talent, unless they are Cam Newton, and so I don’t blame them because the powers to be put them in a position of having to produce before they were ready. The failure of the team falls squarely on the shoulders of the front office who are the first to step up and take credit when we are winning. Michael Bidwell needs to learn more about the game, more about the players and more about what it takes to succeed in this business (look to what has worked for other models like the Patriots, Packers, Saints). I still stand by the Cards and am optomistic that we can improve after the bye. Perhaps this slow start will serve as the necessary “wake-up” call. GO CARDS! YOU CAN DO IT! WE DO THIS TOGETHER!

34. By Jeff Gollin on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Please ask Wiz whether or not Graham was given instructions to direct his punt away from the return guy on that 18-yarder.

I believe the root of Graham’s problem was less due to his poor leg and more to do with low trajectory and poor direction.Simply angling a 40-yarder out of bounds would have been far less risky than trying too hard for the 50-yarder and kicking line drives directly at the other team’s home-run hitter.

35. By lg on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

ben is better than the one they keeping. this team is going down fast. im still here been here for 17 years.and in that time period only had 3 winning season. but i said after the first game that this team really need help the def even so we did win that one. somebody said i was not a real fan. but i no football so after watching the frist game i know it would be like this

36. By Darren Urban on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Cheese —

RE: Zastudil

In his career, Zastudil has been better than Graham in most areas. Is he still capable of that, with his knee issues? I do not know.

He made a couple of great punts in Minnesota. And he kicked the line drive that was the reason they were looking for a replacement in the first place.

I like Graham a lot. Great guy. But someone needs to explain to me something: I get the constant drumbeat of Levi/Porter/pass rush/Kolb complaints. But why the punter?

37. By Darren Urban on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

AndyStands —

RE: More Graham

You don’t have to apologize for not agreeing with me, because I am not making any decisions. I am explaining the thought process.

38. By tom watson on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

I don’t care what they do “Just fix it baby”

39. By georgiebird on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

The recent move of keeping of Zastudil over Graham has little to do with which guy is better. It’s evident that it’s a pretty close contest. The problem many of us seem to have is ‘Why was Graham (also the holder) replaced by someone who is no better- when there are so many other holes. The same may be said for Skelton replaced by Kolb and at a few other positions. Fans are looking at this and saying ‘Whiz has no eye for talent’.
    But more than the talent issue, I think fans (on this blog) feel that things are getting personal here and Whiz will do whatever he pleases; and he does so because there’s no accountability from management. A better way of putting it is- many of us are frustrated with Whiz’ antics.

40. By Mikeflorio on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

LOL Darren U gotta love this job!!!
    Kolb needs to settle, the LT, RT situation is a very peculiar one.
    If Kolb is patient and sits in the pocket or steps up in the pocket when he is suppose to the line would be able to block some of those sacks.
    Kolb is very antzy, he has no trust in his O line, which is understandable, but, if he sits and moves around better, then he the blocks will be made.
    One of the things that made Warner a Great fit for AZ, was his tenacity to sit in the pocket and move around just enough, that plus is quick release against the blitz and reading the defense made him a stud.

Who is our QB coach..??

41. By cards62 on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

I will only say I wish they would have kept Ben Graham for the rest of this year.
    I will not defend his kick out of the endzone as it was a bad kick, but overall I think he is the better punter, but what do I know I liked the other guy in the preseason, Epperson best of all and he was the first one cut.

Getting Kolb or an experienced QB was a very good move by the Cardinals. I could have seen them even getting 2. I have no problem if Bartel or Skelton beat Kolb out, but I like what I have seen out of Kolb. He is definitely not perfect and needs to improve, but we needed another QB on our team.

Kolb is still a rookie so lets give the guy a chance. It is not his fault we gave him all the money or traded a player and a pick for him.

I have no problem giving Bartel and Skelton some game time so they can also grow and compete better against Kolb next year.

Go Cards

42. By jocards on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Darren I too wonder why there is all this concern about the punter. This is a bad football team and it’ll be a bad football team with or without Ben Graham. If we had a pro bowl punter does anybody really think the team would be better than 1-4? I’m not saying that a good punter can’t help a team but their impact is for the most part quite limited. Pinning the opposition deep doesn’t do a whole lot of good when your defense can’t consistently stop anybody. A 3rd and long against this team means very little. Whether it’s a silly penalty, a blown assignment or just not making a play the conversion rate seems staggering. I understand folks wanting to stay positive and the “We can do it” mentality but the fact is we can’t do it. The truth is that 2008 & 2009 were aberrations for this organization. Gone are Warner, Boldin, Dansby, Rolle, Edge, etc… Gone too is the winning. It’s back to Cardinals football as usual and we all know what that means.

43. By clssylssy on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

To Georgiebird:
    Agreed the owners need to be more hands-on IF THEY HAVE A CLUE ABOUT THE GAME of football. Please, Please, Please let’s leave the coaching, play calling, roster, to those who have an actual resume involving PLAYING in the NFL. This is still a relatively young franchise but you can bet Lamar Hunt, Al Davis and even Jerry Jones have left the actual games to the experts–granted they did not get where they were sitting on the sidelines sipping champagne; they LEARNED the business so when they signed the big checks they did so confident that they were making a sound business decision and they had intelligent input. Just saying…I know you’ve been a “fan” for fifty years but this franchise is still in it’s infancy. We have talented players, good coaches, questionable intell but “paperthin fans”…I guess that was a really generous way to describe them. HANG IN THERE, KEEP THE FAITH, GO CARDINALS…YOU CAN DO IT!

44. By Darren Urban on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Mikeflorio —

RE: QB coach

The QB coach is Chris Miller.

45. By cheesebeef on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

The reason the punter is brought up is because the decision making is exactly the same as it is with the other problem areas of the team…. basically burying your head in the sand and pretending nothing’s wrong or not being able to admit a mistake. And Zastudil’s been better at what exactly during his career? and what does that matter considering how awful he’s been at everything THIS year.

Scott

46. By Barry Bond on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

I hate to say it guys and I thought I was going to eat crow after the Carolina game but I am afraid Kevin Kolb is a back up quarterback being paid play off quarterback money? We should of sign Matt Hasselbeck, even for short term? The fact remains last season he was the best quarterback the NFC West. He proved it in the Saints play off game. Hasselbeck was the best quarterback available after the lockout in the NFL. In addition, he could of been a good tutor for Skelton learning the job. We needed a quarterback who could step up when games get tight in late 4th quarters this year when we had the opportunities! Tell me now, is Matt Hasselbeck any good when it comes to a no huddle offense and the 2 minute drill? Dumb question huh? Because we ALL know veteran play off quarterback Matt Hasselbeck was the BEST in the NFC West!

47. By jocards on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

To clssylssy:

This is NOT reletively young franchise. The Cardinals were a charter member of the NFL. They only been in Arizona since 1987 but this is NOT a young franchise. Further they have been owned by the Bidwill family for nearly 80 years! Current owner Bill Bidwill has been the top man for 47 years and the team has made the playoffs a TOTAL of 5 times! That kind of futility stands almost alone in all of professional sports.

48. By TucsonTim on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Zastudil: 117 Games, 601 punts, 42.8 yd avg, 36.4 net, 182 inside 20, 60 TB and 96 FC

Graham: 89 games, 434 punts, 44.2 yd avg, 37.7 net, 150 inside 20, 36 TB and 85 FC

So Darren you’re just wrong about the stats. Graham has a better net, a much higher percentage inside the 20, fewer touchbacks and a much greater likelihood of a fair catch. And almost all of those stats for Zastudil were with a good knee.

OK so he’s just a punter. But he is one guy on this team that didn’t suck last year and he certainly wasn’t busting the cap. It just doesn’t make sense. I just keep coming back to that Cleveland Brown connection.

49. By dieselbomb on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

I think cutting Graham was the wrong choice … both times. I’ve now come ’round to thinking we need a new Head Coach. I also believe the lines some others have said that KW masked some ineptness in the Coaching is becoming more accurate with each loss.

The Cardinals have pretty good talent, and they are making mistakes; but it seems there isn’t enough proper leadership to set things right. I don’t think the Cardinals have great players, per se, but we’re wasting the talents of the good players we do have. I wasn’t in favor of obtaining Kolb, but I do think he’s been taking it on the chin far too much. I don’t think he has the right protection and the situational play choices called in to the QB have been poor. Coach should’ve called a time-out in the Giants game with little time remaining and apparent confusion on field. The Refs assisted in a loss in that game; but so did our Coaching staff.

I think with the Run game on Beanie Wells’ back, we need to exploit that to give Kolb more of a chance to pick up this complex Offense and help eliminate the Sacks/Fumble combinations that have now occurred too frequently. Take some of the heat off the QB until he’s better grounded in how all the parts work.

I don’t think we need another WR as much as we need a better performing team as it exists right now, in the form we now have it.

The people we have now must take more individual accountability and complete plays. When Kolb overthrew Housler for what would’ve been a sure score, I think it was a function of a QB still cringing at the near certainty that he was going to get creamed … again … because protection is so bad and inconsistent. On another team, both Kolb and Housler would likely have made that play work.

That one play is merely a snapshot of the 2011 season thus far.

50. By dieselbomb on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

… Oh! I should’ve added in my first post :

I think the Ben Graham and Hyphen combination is a perfect DNA match. They’re dynamite together. Hyphen in other situations is also important, but the shining star is when the two are on field together.

Keep Ben Graham !

51. By BIIRDISTHEWORD on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

so we’re 1-5…u all are acting like its the end of the world…kolb is a pretty good qb..you just gotta give him some time and a better offensive line along with a better play caller miller just isn’t working out…all the games we’ve lost aren’t because HE lost them…this is a team effort…our seconday defense gets burned everytime they go long..the offensive line doesn’t do their job on every play…and the play calling sucks..once they start moving the ball and get some type of rythm they start with the penalties…to all you complaining about the qb situation..if the cards had gone another way and got a veteran qb you wouldve been complaing cause he’d be to old or whatever but you’d find something to complain about…for you all complaining about coach whiz and saying it was kurt who made whiz look good…look around the league…big ben makes tomlin look good…brady makes belichick look good a great example of that is when you look at the colts no manning=no wins…it sucks being in this winningless situation but we gotta suck it up and just support the team…there’s still a lot of football to be played..sooo bring on the steelers….RED SEA WILL RISE wether you sellouts support or not…

52. By jocards on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

@ BIRDISTHEWORD

We won’t be 1-5 until a week from Sunday. We are 1-4.

53. By dkcardsfan on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

The decision of Zastudil over Graham is simple, Graham won’t listen to his coaches. Sometimes you need to punt where the coaches want you to punt. Distance is important but so is direction.

54. By clssylssy on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

Joe:
    I STAND CORRECTED….what I should have said was Cards franchise as we know it in Arizona. I am well aware of their history here …and that the team was INHERITED by the Bidwells. I still would like to know where any of them played football, college or professional and what their resume looks like with regard to the actual game. Everyone knows the NFL is a joke, is corrupt and hates the Cards. You should try to listen to some of their commentators before you get in a snit about a simple fact successful business people understand…know your product and know your competition. There is a model for success that works and education is always a positive thing. I love the Cardinals, have consistently supported them and the coaching staff just am sometimes annoyed at the negative and fluctuating fanbase. Other teams have bad years and their fans remain loud and proud and unwavering. I believe we have talent and can turn this around and if not next year will be better…it’s called…rebuilding…GO CARDS! WE DO THIS TOGETHER!!

55. By TucsonTim on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

dkcardsfan –

So how do you know this?

56. By Chris on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

Darren I see Brandon Lloyd is on the trading block.
    He is certainly a upgrade to what we have behind Larry right now.
    I know people seem to really like Early, but I feel Lloyd is a better WR than he is.
    I think even you can agree with me he is a upgrade over Andre Roberts at the very least.
    He is a clear number 2 wide receiver.
    With Lloyd, Fitz, Early, King, Heap and Beanie. We’d really have so great weapons out there.
    Please tell me there is a chance of this.
    Are the cards not happy with Chester Taylor right now? It seems like after the seahawks game, he hasn’t been on the field.

57. By UC on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren, where’s my post?

58. By clssylssy on Oct 14, 2011 | Reply

AND TO BIRDSTHEWORD:
    Thank you my friend! I am in complete agreement! We will still be here supporting our team long after the bandwagoners move on. I would love for the Cards to have a REAL group of loyal fans like teams such as the Chiefs, Saints, Vikes, Redskins etc. have and which they deserve. Fans need to become mentally tough just like the players. THE RED SEA WILL RISE! GO CARDS! WE DO THIS TOGETHER!

59. By Darren Urban on Oct 14, 2011 | Reply

Chris –

RE: Taylor

I think it is clear Alfonso Smith is ahead of Taylor on the depth chart.

60. By jocards on Oct 15, 2011 | Reply

@ clssylssy:

I was in no way questioning your allegiance to the Cardinals but whether the team played in Chicago, STL or Arizona there have been two constants. The Bidwill family and losing. I just do not believe that putting a winning team on the field is a high priority for the Bidwills. If it is then they are gigantic failures and people that have the kind of money they have can’t exactly be described as failures. So what’s left? To me I assume that the bottom line is what they are interested in first and foremost, winning football games comes well down their list. Cries of “THE RED SEA WILL RISE” and “WE DO THIS TOGETHER” become rather silly when constantly yelled from the back of the pack.

61. By cardsalltheway on Oct 15, 2011 | Reply

Tucson Tim,
    It’s all telling what you’ve shown doesn’t deserve a response by Darren. For the record I’m a Graham guy even though he ain’t American(probably requires Visa sponsorship by the Cardinals). I wonder whether being sponsored by the same employer for however many years continousely has anything to do with Graham being cut? What about it Darren? What are(were) the VISA LAWS regarding Ben Graham???

62. By cardsalltheway on Oct 15, 2011 | Reply

Tucson Tim,
    Has shown that an American can’t do the same job as a foreinger(Auzzie), so why can’t the Cardinals keep sponsoring his Visa

I’m sure it must be easy to tell a foreigner things like…”In his career, Zastudil has been better than Graham in most areas.”

And…The “Zastudi body of work is better.” Which most of us know ain’t true.

Ken W. loves injury prone players! I give him a pass on O’Brien Schofield but this type of pass should not be a regular thing as it seems to be with Ryan Williams, Zastudi, etc…

63. By cardsalltheway on Oct 15, 2011 | Reply

Tucson Tim,
    Has shown evidence that Ben Graham might be able to use to show the Arizona Workforce Connection that he was unfairly let go which would enable him to receive unemployment checks paid by the Cardinals although the Bidwills/Cardinal Org. might dispute or attempt to block. I don’t think It is unheard of for NFL kickers and punters etc…to file or receive umemployment compensation.

64. By Darren Urban on Oct 16, 2011 | Reply

Cardsalltheway –

RE: visa laws

I feel pretty confident he wasn’t cut because of his foreign status.

As for the country’s visa rules, feel free to look it up and report back to the class.

65. By UC on Oct 16, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren, still wondering where my post is. It didn’t hurt your feelings, did it?

66. By vaid on Oct 17, 2011 | Reply

i hope we can win as many games as we possibly can
    cuz the niners are sure playing good this year

67. By cardsalltheway on Oct 17, 2011 | Reply

So does that mean you disagree with Tucson Tim’s stats on Graham vs Zastudi?

So, aren’t you going to make any attempt at supporting your previous and questionable statement…”In his career, Zastudil has been better than Graham in MOST areas” despite what Tucson Tim has provided?
    FYI, I don’t have a big ego but it seems I know of someone that does.

68. By UC on Oct 17, 2011 | Reply

@cardsalltheway–

The gist of my disappeared post, which Darren refuses to address, was almost exactly what you just stated. My post was much longer, though, and took a while to type, which I’m guessing caused Darren additional glee when he deleted it. The stats from Zastudil’s career don’t support Darren or Kenny’s evaluation of Zastudil vs. Graham, nor do the three most recent years for Zastudil, which are better than his overall career stats.

The sad thing is that anybody, even local sports media, could pull up these stats and crunch the numbers any time they want. But local sports media prefer to fawn over the local celebrity sports figures, and just don’t like it when those sports figures are criticized. Of course, when the tide turns and it’s no longer “seemly” to support said sports figures, you can bet your hiney the sports media will jump on that bandwagon.

We’ll see if this post makes it past the censor.

69. By cardsalltheway on Oct 18, 2011 | Reply

UC,
    There are teams out there that do listen more to their fans, obviously the Cards aren’t one of them. Even the Cowboys are sure to take phone calls on a weekly basis, and there are others. However, IF it were to happen I’m sure the Cards would red tape that in a similar way as this.

70. By cardsalltheway on Oct 18, 2011 | Reply

As anyone can see I was asking you questions about the visa laws, so why would you ask me about the Visa “class.” How ridiculous!!!!

71. By Darren Urban on Oct 18, 2011 | Reply

cardsalltheway —

RE: Visa

Almost as ridiculous as you asking me in the first place.