Steelers game is a sellout

Posted by Darren Urban on October 20, 2011 – 1:00 pm

No surprise, but the game Sunday between the Cards and Steelers at University of Phoenix Stadium is a sellout, making the franchise 58-for-58 — including preseason and postseason games — in sellouts since moving into the building in 2006. Pittsburgh, for now, is the sellout bookends, since the first Cards’ game at UoP was a preseason game against the Steelers.

Tags: ,

32 Responses to “Steelers game is a sellout”

1. By adam sheafe on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Sell out because the Steelers fans are in town taking all of the seats.

2. By Bob on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Thanks for the sell out Steeler Fans!!!

3. By Paul H on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Us Cards fans might be outnumbered. Or it will seem that way. Hope no one gets baited into any fighting or other nastiness. let’s get a win this week and we can mock them on their way out of the stadium.

4. By lg on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

if cardinals can win more games fans will buy seats i done stoped getting sunday thicket to much money to spend to watch them lose

5. By NJAZCardsFan on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Steelers 35 Cards 13

6. By Codyw on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

its bs that the cards are gonna be out numbered by steelers fans at home where’s our support for the home team? GO RED SEA still have faith in you guys

7. By A. M. Bush on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

I don’t like “Fair-Weather-Fans”. They are non-commital because they are ashamed of the choices they make. Either own it, or don’t mention it.

We all know true Card’s fans are “Fair-To-Partly-Cloudy”. We go forth seeking sunshine, but of course we take an umberella… Just in case.

8. By AndyStandsUp on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

If the season goes into a spiral, the streak may stop with end of season games of the Browns and/or Seahawks. IMO.

9. By Chabelita on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Come on Cardinals show the Steelers what you guys are made of !!!!! Cardinals all the way !!!!!!

10. By cards>niners on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks show this to the players

11. By John the Draft Guy on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

I dont get some of these post.

Thanks for the sell out Steeler Fans!!! What about the other 57 games??

I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1992. I’ve seen them lose before.

But here is how it goes for me
    ;
    Monday, you are wondering what the coaching staff and players were doing sunday and think we will never win another game.
    By Tuesday, your thinking how bad they will get beat by the next team coming in on sunday..
    By Friday, you begin seeing holes in the other team and start thinking there is a chance.
    By Sunday morning, the excitement of an NFL game gets you in your seat. The cards come running out of the tunnel and you get pumped up.
    Then, Beanie runs one for 7 yards, Washington shoots the gap, or Kolb hits Fitz, and the fan in you takes over and for the next 3 hours you believe.

Win or lose, there is no other experience like it. Be a Fan.

12. By brad oneill on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

come on steelers fans travel well and they are not thugs. ridiculous to label them as such. We should welcome them with open arms and thank them for visiting our city.

If we lose this game I suspect the sell out streak ends next week.

13. By suspence716 on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Go Steelers, i mean go home, go away! How sad that there will be more steelers people than there will be cards fans. Cards lose anyway. sad, sad, sad

14. By georgiebird on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

I have complimented you on many occasions for your articles. But in not trying to kill the messenger, the article “Two Defenses from One” was probably your worst. It’s scary to think that all Horton wants is more time to develop his scheme.
    It’s just excuses after excuses. The other teams in our division are getting better, especially the coaching, and the Cardinals are still trying to make the players fit the system.
    The Cardinals should have brought in an experienced DC who can get the best out of the players we have. The time to play better is NOW, not a few years down the road. The Cardinals’ defense is a sorry situation. The window on this division is just about closed for the foreseeable future.

15. By TucsonTim on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

On the way back to Sun Devil St. experience. Expect more Black and Gold than Red, except some real Cards fans will be wearing those stupid black jerseys.

16. By TucsonTim on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

BTW club seats don’t count in the sell out.

17. By sport245245 on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

This is the first time I have ever been tempted to sell my tickets to Steeler fans. I guess I am addicted so just couldn’t bring myself to do it.I remember S/D Stadium days when I knew all that was needed to make Cardinals competetive, was a home field advantage. I just can’t be a part of selling out, so will be there on Sunday. Only missed one game since the U/P stadium opened, and that was preseason so am looking forward to seeing Steeler fans leaving disappointed again. That is my hope. I left Tampa Stadium in a funk. It was exciting, but we lost. I’ll probably never get to another Super Bowl, but that was quite a ride. Beating the Steelers on Sunday wouldn’t be revenge, but it just might salvage the season.

18. By Chuck 1 on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

For fans who are becoming more disappointed with the dismal records of last season and this season, I suggest that you send a strong message to the Bidwills that you aren’t going to support an organization that refuses to draft and sign FAs that can’t compete with good or even weak teams.

SHOW THEM EMPTY SEATS!!!

Maybe Michael will get the message and FIRE GRAVES AND KEIM!!!

19. By D on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

It may end here, next game vs Rams will be tough to sell out

20. By cards62 on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

OVER !!! Its not over until we say its over!
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!

Seriously some very good post. My favoites are John the draft guy and A. M. Bush

Lets hope our offense gets on a role and our defense plays well enough to earn us a victory. Enjoy the game all you Cardinal fans who are going and wear your red.

We like to play down to our competition so I am hoping we play up to our competition these next two weeks.

Go Cardinals beat the Steelers

21. By APCARDS on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Just win. The Cardinals need NOT to beat themselves and get after Rothlisburger. I support my team the Cardinals 100%.

22. By Peter in Canada on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

John the draft guy and A.M.Bush – good posts. it’s refreshing to see real optimism in this sea of defeatism. While I disagree with some of the off season moves and am disappointed at 1-4 I’m not about to piss on the owner, coaches, front office or players.

Cards62- I am going to visit my history teacher. The old liar told me it was the Japanese who did it. Thanks for the heads up.

23. By pipapiko on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Sold out to watch the Cards get woop’d at home!

24. By cardfancolorado on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Eat the clock, score touchdowns not three pointers and should lead to a victory

25. By Carl on Oct 22, 2011 | Reply

Why do people think we will be out numbered? Did all the protect the nest ticket buyers sell their tickets off to steelers fans or something? I don’t see why everyone thinks that way because the only way steelers fans are going to out number us is if they bought tickets to the rams and browns games as well

26. By Michelle on Oct 22, 2011 | Reply

Meet Kevin Kolb Today saturday Oct 22 from 1-2pm Signing Autographs at Paradise Valley Mall – Cactus & Tatum

27. By suspence716 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Any of you so called “true fans” still believe in this mockery they call an NFL football team? Same old ridiculousness as we’ve seen since they came to the valley…. I’ve about had it!!!!! Bet they can’t win another game, any takers?

28. By suspence716 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Have i mentioned what a joke this team is? Good job Kolb! Ur name is Kolb not Kobb!!!!! Glad to see the front office will pay a guy who can’t even pronunciate his own last name 65 million…. wonderful job cards, wonderful!!!!!!

29. By suspence716 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Hey kolb, second game in a row u can’t hit a wide open rob housler for a touchdown!!!!!! Duuuuurrrrrrrr u sure are good!!!!!! Worth at least 65 million dollars???????? Durrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

30. By Marcelo on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

a sellout game and Cards, hm.. how many games without a single interception?

and why Kolb simply can’t stand out, his own falt or do cards have serious issues on OL?!

Just watched the game and it looks both defense and offense are struggling too much.

31. By BIG RED on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Michelle are you kidding, who in there normal mind would want to meet that loser. Send him back to Philly. It’s Time for JOHN SKELTON you won’t regret it, coach.

32. By Austin on Oct 26, 2011 | Reply

THANK YOU John the draft guy!!! Couldn’t have said it better myself.
    How many posts have been made condeming the Cards for giving up on players too soon that live up to their potential elsewhere, yet when we have potential stars struggling everyone wants ship them out of town asap! I am frustrated with their woes as much as anybody but I’m still a fan. If we can correct some mental errors we could still pull out a .500 season or(with a little luck) maybe 9 wins. That’s a stretch, but stranger things have happened.