• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.
  • Fri., May. 23, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp.
  • Sat., May. 24, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp

Kolb says he’s “touch-and-go” for practice

Posted by Darren Urban on November 8, 2011 – 3:12 pm

Quarterback Kevin Kolb said during his weekly interview Tuesday on XTRA 910 that he is “touch-and-go” to practice tomorrow, but that he thinks he made a lot of progress this morning. He also has a bone bruise that “has shown its face” the last couple of days, which has complicated things. Regardless — and not surprisingly — Kolb really wants to play in Philadelphia and against his former team. Not only does he want to play the Eagles, but last week was the first time he wasn’t able to suit up, he said.

Reports on both ESPN and NFL Network both said he was unlikely to play against the Eagles. Kolb, at least publicly, is expressing slightly more optimism. “We’ll see what happens later on this week,” Kolb said.

As for the people who have embraced the idea of John Skelton playing and taking Kolb’s job permanently, Kolb said he understands after playing behind Donovan McNabb in Philly. “I was real popular for a long time,” Kolb said.

Tags: ,

63 Responses to “Kolb says he’s “touch-and-go” for practice”

1. By John on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

I like Kolb and really hope he can play against the Eagles. However,his long term health is more important than just one game.

2. By elizebeth on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

i love you guys u guys won yesterday laugh out loud lol i love you alllllllll ………
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3. By Dan Becker on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Kevin Kolb — 77.8

John Skelton — 85.7

4. By Scott H on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

For what it’s worth, people who continue to over-rate DRC and believe that we never should have traded him should know that right now, DRC is going over about as well in Philly right now as Kolb is here! MANY Eagles fans and media would gladly trade him back today if they could. Hate to say it but i think DRC is turning out to be exactly what he truly is – a speedy player who occasionally makes a big play but most of the time, is terrible at tackling and is targeted FAR MORE by other teams than he would be if he were anything close to s shut-down CB. He’s just not.

5. By joe67 on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

I like ‘em both and want them both to do well. Kevin might have a better chance against his old team.
    Don’t care who starts, I just want another BIG W

6. By Peter in Canada on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

John – Right on. I don’t disagree with the notion of playing Kolb over Skelton so that we can see what we have in Kolb and if he is really the QB of the future. However, it must be a 100% Kolb that is being evaluated. Playing a less than 100% Kolb is wrong for two reasons:

1. It does not present a true picture of Kolb and where he is at

2. It does Skelton a disservice by not allowing him to show his progression

7. By Travis McCollum on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

If Kolb gave people more reason to believe then people would not be wanting the backup QB to play.

8. By MIKE G on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren– I have a feeling Skelton will get the start this week in Philly. Kolb should be avail the following week. More importantly we need a healthy Beanie Wells this week– The Eagles are a very small and speedy team but are weak against the run. That has to be exploited. Beanies week of practice is more important than anything else this week. He must be available and productive if we are to win. Hey Darren- These last three safties that our QB’s have taken– it seems like they are taking 5 to 7 step drops and going into the end zone when they are setting up to throw. Do you think Whiz will address this in practice this week???? This seems to be a repeated mistake that must be corrected!!! Your Thoughts???

9. By Charles on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

I have to admit, I’m one of the fans that have embraced the hope of Skelton playing. He seems to have great presence in the pocket, and even made a few plays himself. I wish they would have saved the 16 million we paid Kolb and let Skelton play and grow as a quarterback. Perhaps we could’ve kept Boldin and some other players we lost. Just my 2 cents…

10. By Brandon on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

I hope Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie puts him on the IR list.

11. By Darren Urban on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Mike G –

RE: Safeties

I think our quarterbacks have to be aware where they are on the field and be prepared to quickly get rid of the ball.

12. By cardfancolorado on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

I have to agree with Scott H, DRC was always over rated, and the only way really that DRC could put someone on the IR list is if he trips and then kicks them that boy does not know how to tackle.

13. By DW #1 FAN on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

***Scott H***
    do you watch football? I follow DRC to this day and he is not targeted way more than anyone else. Samuel and Asemoyegua got blown up by Cutler last night. All those passes were to the outside and didn’t even dare an attempt at DRC, not that that was on purpose I’m sure, guys were just not open in DRC’s zone. everyone deserves an opinion but at least back it up with real facts if your going to state things like they are facts. you can say you don’t like him but he is the lowest targeted defensive back on the team.

14. By rio on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

SKELTON IS THE BEST CHANCE THIS WEEK END, HE WILL IMPROVE FROM LAST WEEKS PLAY.

15. By rio on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

D R C
    DISINGENUOUS RISKY CORNER

KOLB OVER HIM.

16. By georgiebird on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

@ Scott H & others
    I mentioned on a couple of occasions that DRC was overrated. He is especially exposed in the NFL East that plays a more grind out and tougher brand of ball. The East also plays in colder weather that DRC hasn’t experienced yet.
    HOWEVER, because of the struggles of AJ Jefferson, I believe the Cardinals might be 4-4 with DRC given the close games we’ve been in. A big play in the Ravens, Skins , Seattle or Giants games could have made the difference. So short term I disagree on the loss of DRC but long term I agree.

17. By lg on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

DRC got a lot of touchdowns for us on DEF when he was with us and went to the pro bowl one year but he’s gone now lets move on and not let him beat us this next game bolden got us good i dont want DRC to beat us cause i bet anybody he’s gone play hard against us and gone try to make a big play.

18. By jerry on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Im a big Skelton fan also, although I would rather have Kolb as the starter and if he isnt getting the job done then put Skelton in. It would be like a pitcher being called from the bullpin although Whiz dont throw in backups when needed

19. By AndyStandsUp on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

With DRC’s personality, you had to know that playing in Philly would be tough for him. (Dora coloring books in matching backpacks replaced by over the shoulder bandolier with mini Santa/Mike Schmidt targets on them.)
    You had a nice story today on Kevin Kolb’s experience in the City of Brotherly Love, any plans of talking to Dominique?

20. By wayne on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

DW#1fan,
    I have been watching every Eagles game that I can, and he is playing the same way for the Eagles as he did for the Cards, horrible, he moves out of the way not make a tackle, you want facts ?, here they are, he’s not starting, only 15 tackles in 8 games and “not one INT” and the coaching staff does not like him! what I have read in Philly “wish they hadn’t made the trade”

21. By drummer-1 on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

@ Dan Becker..

Is that rating for 1 game each or 7 games for Kolb and 1 for skelton, which is not a good comparison..

22. By Tien on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Darren, do you think we can still make it to the post season at this point? I look at the schedule for the us and the Niners and there is still a possibility that we can make it to the post season if we win all our games. Niners have a tough schedule ahead including the Giants, Ravens, and Steelers. If they lose those 3 and we win all of our remaining games we could still make it to the playoffs.(We still have 2 games against them)

23. By wonderingwhy on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Did you watch the philly game last night? DRC was lost on the field. He missed the play then he stood there watching while his teammates tackled the receiver. He seems to be scared to hit people. This is football and you have to get your uniform dirty once in a while.

24. By cardsalltheway on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Thanks for the memories Kevin Kolb…

25. By cardsalltheway on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

I can’t wait until Sunday, I have all the confidence in Johnny S.

26. By TucsonTim on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Just heard that Porter had his knee scoped. Even though I think he needs to retire, I appreciate that he has been a great player and hope he recovers well.

I’ve always been curious about the medical expenses. Do the players pay, or the team, or the league?

27. By cardsalltheway on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

When I hear “turf toe” I think most recently of Jahvid Best(Lions RB), who was severely hampered by it last year. Oh and Darren, you kind of resemble Ric Ocasek(minus the cool).

28. By brad oneill on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

come on guys get off DRC he was a great player for us when he was here and even though he may be a little soft on tackles but he disrupted a lot of balls that never made it to the intended target.

As for Kolb yea he has had it rough, not unlike most qbs that change teams and don’t get a whole lot of practice with their new teams. He plays jacked up and that gets the best of him early, he also has happy feet, but beyond that he is a solid qb that will get better. it sucks going 2 and 6. i liked what i saw out of skelton, especially the way he stood in and fired.

philly didnt have a pass rush last week hopefully their zero sack street will continue this week.

29. By sport245245 on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

You people that think the trade with the Eagles was quid pro quo are out of you cotton picking minds. What would have been the strength of the Cardinal team, is seemingly a weak point. I know you can’t think that Toler was going to out for the season, but I know the plays that DRC made defensively in the past were instrumental in several wins. I want a Corner to defense a pass. Linebackers, Safeties, Defensive Line are tacklers. I would make the trade back to them straight up for DRC for Kolb in a Philadelphia Minute. Just what did Kolb do or show that warranted what the Cardinals gave up for him? You tell me because I can’t figure it out. It was purely on spec, not on hard, cold fact. I hope, with time, that he will get better, but who knows? What I saw of Skelton left me encouraged. He made plays,and big plays, when they absolutely needed to be made. Kolb always failed when that was needed. Had he made plays, we definitely wouldn’t be 2 and 6, and like Joe Namath, I garontee that. Nuff said.

30. By bluepitt on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

HAHAHA I love the know it alls!!!!
    DRC is playing a whole new game to him! he has never played the Slot corner, He is in a more complex sistem and is required to know it all with no offseason work? hahaha
    IGNORANCE at its finest!
    DRC is a speed finess corner best suted to defend a teams fastest reciver! That is how we used him and thats why he went to a probowl not to mention why we need him!
    I just love how some people try and take things, turn them around and use them to prove a stupid moot point!
    Is Kolb in a new slot QB area of Quarterbacking? Dont even bring up new sistem and no off season work, because my problem with him is missing wide open players and his happy feet! That is not due to a system it is due to fear! You play skeerd go home! Real NFL QB’s make a living off of burning D’s on hot reads and taking the hit on the blitz for the big play. Every QB knows who is hot on every pass play! Oh sorry ours dont!!!!!

31. By Sarah on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Skelton has to show progression especially in the red zone ! He is getting a huge opportunity against the Eagles if he gets it . We will need a full team performance including a strong running game to beat Philly .

Maybe this injury was good for Kolb as it takes some heat off him and the team has to step it up.

32. By clssylssy on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Just can’t understand the rational for even considering playing an unhealthy QB who’s not been able to practice? So, Kolb is the 66 million dollar man…??? It would be like driving a card at the Indy 500 with three tires and one ready to blow? LOL! DRC and the other are GONE, does it really serve any purpose to beat the “what if’s” to death?

33. By SuperBird on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

During this last game I was talking to the season ticket holders sitting around me, mostly giving them crap for not showing up for the steelers game and selling their tickets, but also about Skelton’s poor play. I was actually hoping that the cards would lose with Skelton at the helm so then everyone would stop with thinking he was our savior. I said the same thing about Leinart. So, with this game, it will be great to see the defense perform well against the Eagles, and then see Skelton get a loss. I am sure all the fake fans out there will start crying to fire Wiz. But all that is needed is to get Kolb his time. It took Kurt time to be great in this system, just give him the chance he is due.

34. By Matt in Philly on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Re: Kolb vs. DRC. DRC may not be first round talent, but our people were the dum-dums who thought it was wise to spend a mid-first round pick on him.

35. By Matt in Philly on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Re: Skelton. I like Skelton as much as anyone, but let’s be a little realistic about his play on Sunday. He was good. He played better than Kolb has in a few games. But he certainly was no Joe Montana, and might not ever be. I see him topping out at a Jay Cutler/Joe Flacco level. Cutler played magnificently against the Eagles on Monday. Skelton has very similar tools. If he plays 75% as well as Cutler did, and the Cards get the win, then I think it’s no question that Skelton must continue to start.

36. By Chris B on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

People are calling for Skelton only because Campbell blocked a kick and Mr Electric took a punt back for a TD. If they make the FG at end of regulation, people would call for Bartel. Fickle.

The key match-ups this week will be Wilson and Washington vs Vick and McCoy (mostly in the run/short pass game).

During the Batlimore game, Fox put up stats about Kolbs passes inside and outside the pocket. Of his 8 INTs I belive 6 were thrown outside the pocket and 1 TD. Kolb has to, HAS TO, stay in the pocket and step up to make the throws. Skelton did a better job of that on Sunday and Kolb plays miles better when he does. If he continues to fail to do this we will lose more games, especially against better pass rushers.

37. By Darren Urban on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

AndyStands –

RE: DRC interview

Don’t know if that is going to happen.

38. By Darren Urban on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Tien –

RE: Playoffs(?)

Tempted to go Jim Mora here, but instead I will just say, the postseason would probably be a miracle at this point. You’d probably need to go 10-6, which means finishing on a nine-game winning streak.

39. By Darren Urban on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

TucsonTim –

RE: Medical

If it’s a football injury, that’s taken care of by the team. Cost of doing business.

40. By Big Red Fan on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

So if Skelton starts and gets another win . . . .

41. By cards62 on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

To the Cardinal fan thinkng we could make the playoffs this year – Hello Waiter I will have what that gentleman is having. Great answer Darren – Jim Mora

I would not put an injured Cardinal out there with a bunch of Eagles flying around.
    Play Skelton and lets see if he improves.
    Our key to victory is defense and the running game and of course tunovers.

Darren – Do you see A. Smith getting carries this game? I think Beanie style is great against the Eagles but like I said putting an injured Cardinal around a bunch of flying Eagles too much worry me.

Go Cards beat the Eagles

42. By Sarah on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

I like Kolb’s attitude re. Skelton, a team guy. I still can’t believe what we paid and gave away, a pro bowl corner and next year’s second round choice !!! Forget the money those last two are huge. We should have grabbed Jeff Garcia who is idle and had him mentor Skelton. I mean we could have scored Garcia cheap, Kolb was # 3 on the chart when Garcia was in Philly and playing for the injured McNab. He is old but still capable and played last year in the UFL. We should also pickup Owens on the cheap as an added receiver. Let’s pickup proven veterans, dressing up Kolb as a veteran and us buying it was just STUPID given the cost and season writeoff .

Moving forward we need an offensive line that can hold for 6 seconds, is that allot to ask ? Skelton has a bright future let’s develop the kid this season. Rest Kolb until next season and let him learn the offense.

43. By Darren Urban on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

cards62 –

RE: Alfonso

I just don’t know. If Beanie is in th same spot as he has been, I doubt it.

44. By cardsalltheway on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Sarah,
    Forget the “mentoring” or grooming, everyone else should to for that matter. Ken W. has shown us how little importance that is after Kurt Warner groomed Matt Leinart and guess who got cut out of the blue. Until somebody can come here to get value out of our players and then use it ala Andy Reid, let’s put those “mentoring” or grooming words out of our vocab.

45. By wayne on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

here’s the ? can we get Jim Mora?

Bluepitt,
    So the excuse you are giving DRC is no time to learn the defense, c’mon man how hard is to tackle, he’s scared and you know it. But you can’t give Kevin Kolb the same excuse, no line blocking, recievers droppong balls, even Fitz has dropped a couple, I would be running for my life to if I had Brown blocking my backside, talk about ignorant, what, are you related to DRC? some 4th cousin or something.

46. By tom watson on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Hey super bird i guess you were on the max hall band wagon last year, or who were you for?

47. By bluepitt on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Wayne,
    I love how you pick one part of my statement!!!!!!
    If you have read any of my posts I stated Kolb would have torched the rams!!!!!
    The Defense is of no concern with DRC he is in a new position having to learn on the fly!
    And we all know DRC cant and never will be a hitter or tackler for that matter,
    He is what I said he is, a finesse player that needs to be on an Island with the fastest WR for the opposing team!
    As for Kolb,, I can give you 10 plays where he had time and missed wide open players, not to mention on the 2 point conversion he didn’t even try to make a play knowing that if it is picked they cant do a thing with it! He just threw it out of bounds! For a team that has lost by under 4 points most of our games it sure would be nice not to (as Whiz and most EXPERTS put it) Blow reads, Miss open receivers and run when it is not needed!!!!!!
    And out of those 10 plays some of them would have went for 6 possibly wining a couple more 4 point loss games!!!!!!

48. By Sarah on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Cardsalltheway ,

I liked Jeff Garcia and he got screwed in the end in Oakland, he is idle now.

49. By Scott H on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

DW#1fan -

Yes, I watch a lot of football. Unfortunately, I think you spend too much time watching only DRC highlight clips. Say what you want. But numbers do not lie and I’ve got the numbers on my side. Statistically, it is a FACT that DRC missed more tackles than any defensive back last year. Not opinion. FACT.

A football preview magazine that I picked up back in the spring presented a breakdown of the rate at which CB’s were being targeted by opposing QB’s during the 2010 season. It was right there in black and white, dude – DRC was way up at the top of the list. Not opinion. FACT.

You are a DRC fan and that is fine. But don’t make him out to be more than he is. He IS a terrible tackler and he IS targeted by opposing QB’s at a very high rate. Only in YOUR fantasy world is he an all-world CB.

Now…you called me out and wanted facts, and you got them. What “facts” do you have to back up what you say?

To others who chimed in on this with a realistic view, thanks for keeping it real.

50. By SuperBird on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

I was on the hope-the-d-will-do-enough bandwagon. Figured there was no way we were going to make it with DA. Was really hoping for the big QB acquisition that occurred during this past offseason. I believe it did. Kolb is not Kurt, but he does have more dedication and leadership ability than any of the QBs we have had in the past 15+ years. (Warner excluded of course). Skelton could eventually get there, but he lacks the ability to read the defense properly. The passes that he made in tight coverage were unneccessary and wreckless. He got lucky.

51. By Ben on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

We should have tried to get brandon Lloyd as our #2 reciever too. Cardinals just like to take the hard way out. Skelton did great on Sunday. He stepped up in the pocket and delivered with persission. OL stinks and needs to be focused on. Are run game is weak. The draw plays are the best way to get beanie yards. We need more dump off plays ahead of the line of scrimmage and we need skelton. He’s the future.

52. By wayne on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

bluepitt,

Dont you think that the defense could of won three of those games with leads and against the Redskins wasn’t it Stuckey who fumbled away a ball while we were on a winning or tying drive, and no it doesnt mean we would of scored but it would of been nice to see us try, we could of been 2-0. Yes kolb has not been stellar, actually far from it, do you remember warners 1st year, not great.

53. By Upset Cards Fan on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

Bluepitt,

So you are saying, that having no offseason work with your receivers have no correlation to missing open receivers in games? I’m sorry but that is just ignorant. If Kolb had an entire offseason to throw to our receivers, they would probably have a much better passong game. QB is THE ONE possition that needs the most work in the offseason. All DRC playing in the dime and nickle packages means is he needs to know one thing before each play, man or zone? that’s it! Kolb needs to understand the verbage of an entire offensive playbook, be able to make presnap reads and relay the hot route to his receivers, make blocking adjustments for his RB and fullback based on where the LB’s and safety’s line up. And then get the ball out of his hands in 2.5 seconds since that is all the time he has after the snap.

I’m sick of people hating on Kolb, he will be fine!

54. By bluepitt on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Wayne, Yes I do remember Warner’s 1st year, Statistically when he was in We had the #1 passing O in the NFL…Look it up in all of his games played at ASU when he was playing in 3 or more games we led the NFL in passing!!!!!! We just couldn’t keep him upright! FACT!

I can play the Hypothetical game to.
    Well lets see how close was Marshall to that Pitt receiver who is so fast? He was 3.5 yards behind him, If that were DRC id bet the bank that TD wouldn’t have happened. I can name tons of big plays that our D-Backs got out ran on, No DRC cant hit but no one would just run past him like they are doing now!

Upset Cards Fan,
    You sir are an IDIOT!!!!!!
    Not an idiot for what you posted but an IDIOT for not being able to understand what I said..
    I said Kolb would have lit up the Rams,,, Is that hating?
    I am extremely disappointed in Kolb not hating on him!
    1st. Timing is for routs that are past 15 yards! FACT
    (like over the shoulder passes and deep crossing routs, Kolb sure doesn’t miss many of those throws)
    You do not need timing on a simple WIDE OPEN 10yd SLANT,
    if your QB cant judge the speed of the receiver with in 15yds and compensate for it, then there is a problem!
    2nd. If your QB doesn’t know that a 2point conversion has no consequences if it gets picked, and that he needs to make a play and even force a pass to keep his team in it, Then there is a problem!
    3rd. Kolb is throwing out of bounds when he has time, and running when he has time, Yes our line sucks but you have to make the plays when they do block for you!
    Lets see hows Mat Hasselback doing with out OTA’s, Hows Alex Smith doing with a brand spanking new O system and a brand new head coach, how are the other QB’s doing it on new teams???? LOL

And on DRC if you think Phillys D is that simple you are DEAD WRONG!!!
    Every expert has said that the slot in Philly is the hardest spot to play because of the system they run.. Oh let me guess they are wrong and you are right!
    Was DRC still learning? Yes. Did we give him 60mill? No!
    For 60mill I expected more!
    atleast as good as Alex Smith!!!!!LOL how you like that!
    What ever Dude!
    Im sorry you feel the need to be sick of the Kolb haters.

55. By clssylssy on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Darren:
    Saw where Shanny has just picked up some players in place of their (Redskins) wounded. Why doesn’t the Cardinal organization do the same? As for Kolb, I feel sorry for the guy but wonder why our organization doesn’t bring in a QB coach and an OC? Maybe Coach W should be trying to talk Haley into returning to Arizona…at least the weather is better! I don’t see that happening despite the dismal season Haley’s had this year, but can’t believe our front office hasn’t tried to analyze the Card ailments beyond assigning a few to be the whipping boys. What do you think Darren? Our injured list is pretty scary…we can’t rely on Patrick Paterson, Fitz, and a few others to save the day all the time, what if they get hurt?

56. By cards62 on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Clssylssy – Thank you for seeing what all of us “negative people” see and that is the Cardinals needs upgrades to the offensive coaching staff. My opinion OC, QB coach and line coach.

You are also right in saying the Chiefs are not good as I have watched them and they are not, but you are wrong in saying Haley is having a dismal season as he has 2 more wins than us with his bad team and the Chiefs are actually 4 – 4 and tied for first place in their division.

I think Haley has coached very well since gong to KC and I think there is a better chance of Coach Whisenhunt going to KC next year to be on Haleys staff ha ha over Haley coming back to our beloved Cardinals.

We had several chances to pick up a # 2 receiver and we did nothing even after seeing our passing offense not do well and Brandon Lloyd is there and we let the Rams get him for very little. Lyoyd could be gone after this year but we had over half a season to work on signing him if he did well and he would have already been comfortable with us.

I try and try to understand what we are doing as a team. Some of the moves the past two year I like or at least understand, but many more times I just shake my head and do not understand what our front office is thinking or why we have such a lack of action. We knew this year would be a free agency freenzy and we did not do well enough to improve our team.

Go Cards beat the Eagles

57. By wayne on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Ben,

I agree with Brandon Loyyd, or why did we ever let Breaston go ?what really bothers me is teams with winning records pick up players and we the Cards are losing still don’t make any moves, dont we need another CB veteran to at least do some teaching to the youngsters(yes) why did we not pick up Lito Shepard (Raiders 4-4) did, do we need o-line help(yes) Leonard Davis (lions 6-2) picked him up and of course the year we don’t resign Davis he goes to Dallas and makes the Pro Bowl, tells you a little about are coaching staff. I really think Russ Grimm is way overated.

58. By Jason on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

as a Cardinal, Skelton has a winning record now. He didnt play overly impressive but he didnt lose the game either. Kolb has skills no doubt. Our Offense just needs to get a Oline…

59. By Scott H on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

bluepitt -

You say “DRC is a speed finesse corner…”

Is that just another way of saying the guy can’t tackle? Sure sounds like it.

Give it up, folks, with making DRC out to be something he is not. Did you see Darren’s story on Kolb / DRC right here on our very own web-site? Did ya see where it refers to him playing so badly against the Bears on Monday night that DRC himself said that he thinks he is better than how he is playing? Why is he making such comments unless his playing has been bad enough that he is being asked to respond to it???

I LOOOOOVE how people want to make excuses for DRC because he’s playing the slot in Philly’s system and it’s such a complex system, blah, blah, blah. Yet, the same people are killing Kolb for how he’s played and don’t want to hear ANY excuses for that! Can’t have it both ways. Either BOTH players deserve consideration for their respective situations or NEITHER of them do. Pick a side.

Some other factore I would point out -
    1) I think the QB position in the NFL is certainly more complex than the CB position.
    2) DRC has had much more experience playing at his position that Kolb has had at his due to the fact that he’s been an every-game starter all along and Kolb was waiting behind McNabb for a few years.

2. Nov 9, 2011: Philadephia » Philadelphia Eagles Vs. Arizona Cardinals 11/13/11: Brian Fitz’s Free NFL Pick … – Sports Chat Place
  3. Nov 9, 2011: Cardinals QB Kolb unlikely to play in game against Eagles | sportslocalnews.com
  4. Nov 9, 2011: Cardinals QB Kolb unlikely to play in game against Eagles | yoursportsinfo.com
  5. Nov 9, 2011: Cardinals QB Kolb unlikely to play in game against Eagles | sportsinfoworld.com