• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Whiz: Until Kolb healthy, “nothing to discuss” with QB

Posted by Darren Urban on November 14, 2011 – 11:46 am

Ken Whisenhunt knew the questions were coming and will be coming. It’s the quarterback position, and certainly, after last year, he’s dealt with the who-should-be-the-starter talk a few times. So it came up again Monday, given the two straight wins by John Skelton, whether Skelton or Kevin Kolb should be the starter.

For Whisenhunt, it’s easy to answer, because of Kolb’s injury situation. Kolb continues to battle turf toe and a bone bruise on the outside of the same foot. He hasn’t practiced since before the Baltimore game and still has not been cleared to practice, Whisenhunt said. “There is really nothing to discuss right now.”

“John has done exactly what we expected him to do: He’s come in, he’s managed the offense, he’s made some good plays, and he’s made some not-so-good plays,” Whisenhunt said. “He’s learning and growing. That’s what you have to do. … Until something changes, there’s really nothing to discuss.”

Whisenhunt said he understands why it is a point of discussion and a topic many wonder about. “But where we are right now, it doesn’t matter, until we get Kevin back out there and practicing.”

Whisenhunt did like how Skelton played in the fourth quarter and he praised Skelton again for his resiliency after making a couple of crucial interceptions. “He is what we expected him to be,” Whisenhunt said. “There are going to be ups and downs. But I think he is getting a little more comfortable with the offense.”

Skelton missed Larry Fitzgerald on a slant that should have been a huge play in the fourth quarter, but he came back with those passes to LaRod Stephens-Howling and Fitz on the game-winning drive. “He learned from that,” Whisenhunt added.

Tags: , , ,

61 Responses to “Whiz: Until Kolb healthy, “nothing to discuss” with QB”

1. By Gilbert on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

What’s your take darren ? Does Skelton start against the niners? If he wins does be seal the starting job?

2. By Alex Mann on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

There really shouldn’t be a controversy. I think that the defense is coming to fruition coincidentally the same two weeks that Skelton has started.

3. By Donald on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Good. This will be Skelton’s test, IMO. He’s going up against a fierce front seven on the road, with suspect corners.

To date, he’s shown a hell of a lot more pocket presence and feel than Kolb – happy feet, failure to step up into the pocket and a propensity to run backwards and actually INTO sacks has doomed Kolb early this season.

San Fran’s D is going to put as much pressure on JS as they possibly can – and I’m very interested in seeing how he holds up under it. If we walk out of SF with a win, and JS holds his own and stays in the incredibly shrinking pocket to make some plays, he probably deserves to ride out the rest of the year.

One thing is for sure, Kolb better be watching tape of how John handles the pressure and hangs in there. He’s got to tame that skittish behavior if he wants to start for this team long-term, regardless of what JS does next weekend.

4. By Kurt on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Would love to see the Cards line up La-Rod in the slot, let some safety try and keep up with him.

5. By DontTakeLoses on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Whiz so steady. Still Trust.

Hear Dansby’s self proclamation? Rather have DW …any day…

6. By Kurt on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Darren:
    Do you expect the Cardinals to bring in a few kickers for tryouts this week?
    Seems Jay is just a little to distracted.

7. By fightingbird on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Are they gonig to play the best player that gives the team the best chance to win?
    its seems that Ive heard that somewhere before. With John winning his last two and Kevin lost his last six well what do you think
    Darren is it just a two week fluke or what.

8. By jocards on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

One thing that really surprised me about yesterday’s game was the complete lack of physical play from the Eagles. I know they have the reputation for being more of a finesse team but really there were plays that WR’s and RB’s just fell down short of first downs rather than taking a hit and trying to get the extra yards. I’m not sure what is going on in Philadelphia but that team didn’t look like they were giving maximum effort from top to bottom. I have a lot of respect for Andy Reid but I really thought the Eagles played soft. Anybody have any thoughts/insight there?

9. By CardiacCards on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

“We’ll play the best person that gives us a chance to win”, says Whiz.

IMO that would be John Skelton.

10. By jstn on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

That game was Cards best of Year, Skelton with most passing Yards and Larry with his most Rec Yards, Defense was a Complete Team, First downs were made on 2nd downs. Best Game (away to the east) Win!!! This made up for 2-3 losses on the year. Now the Battle begins with San Fran, beat them and watch them crunble to lose out rest of year ending with a 10-6 or 9-7, Cards might not catch them but atleast we show we kept pace and were not far off, a threat for the West Div. Beat the number gang twice and ill call u champions!!!

11. By OLdude on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

I see a maturing and still somewhat raw young QB who came from Fordham NOT Football University who has the requisite arm AND head to handle the job at the pro level given a bit of time (like a good wine) Unlike Dalton and Ponder and Newton who have been steeped in big time football environments as ‘The Man”, Skelton’s path is not as direct but will eventually (and relatively soon) get him to THE DESTINATION. Both QB’s have the ability to lead this team but the difference is that John has had a LOT more time within the system than Kevin has. The Cardinal nation is fortunate to have 2 QB’s who are capable of success. Cardinal fans will be rewarded for being patient and will only harm the process by inflaming a “QB Controversy”

12. By CreditCard on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

I’ve been impressed with Skelton since last year. Going from Fordham, which has a stadium smaller than most 2A Texas High School stadiums to the NFL, was a huge leap. I think his 1st year should have been just watching on the sidelines, but due to enormous poor QB play he was cast in the starting line up at the end of the season. He did OK considering his learning curve. This year he has again leaped in improvement, but still has moments of poor play. It the coaching staff can design a game plan around his skill sets — again, I think he will again have another quantum leap in improvement.

I believe it is taking Skelton a couple of quarters to understand that particular team’s defense, tendencies etc… He appears confident in the 4th qtr that he can win. As a result, I think the rest of the team(ofensive and defense) steps up their play, knowing they have a chance to win.

Obviously, start Skelton for the SF game and until Kolb can be fully recovered. In my opinion, I think Skelton has shown more measurable improvement than the rest of the QBs. Moreover, I think ultimately he has more potential than the rest of the current QBs on the roster. I truly think it is a gift, when an athlete has an ability to step to a higher level when there is a sense of urgency. Very few athletes have that as a gift — Skelton has shown that for a few games.

13. By steve on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

kolb just needs to learn the offense better he has a lot of talent give him a year or 2

14. By azred21 on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren
    When Kolb comes back, truthfully since we dropped so much to get Kevin Kolb do you think Skelton would even be under consideration for a starter? If it was a vote I’ll definitely go for Skelton though, what do you think?

15. By SkeletonistheMAN on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Kolb and Max are similar to me; I have lots of respect for both. They are smart individuals; they have very good football IQs, but they are not like Skeleton, “Big ben like”. Skeleton is big with strong body and arm; he runs only to gain someting out of nothing. He uses what the Oline gives him eventhough they don’t hold the defenders for enough time for him to throw the ball. I hate to say “I said so”, but 2 weeks ago, before the game with St. Louis, I knew that this team will win with Skeleton than with Kolb. I said Skeleton is the future. The problem is if Kolb doesn’t play in this year, how they will evaluate him since they have problems how to evaluate players, in my opinion. Darren what do you think about the future of Sleleton and Kolb in this year interms of playing time?

16. By Sarah on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Makes sense keeping Skelton in for SF, the guy has huge upside and we are on a roll. The team just steps it up when he is in like they want him to succeed, this is obvious. SF will be a good test for him.

Kolb we are stuck with and we need to evaluate him and see if he is worth his bonus, ergo we want him 100 percent in health wise to show if he has it.

17. By SkeletonistheMAN on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

There is something to learn from this sunday’s game. Two years ago I saw Early Doucet celebrating by indicating at his arm after he scored a touchdown. That indication showed the statement “I’m the man. I did it.” After all his ups and downs, yesterday, he put his knee on the groud and I believe that he talked with his God for his second chance to be great. This is what we all can learn from professionals in our daily live. I’m great to see some one to rebound and depend on God’s will not on “I did it; I’m great”

18. By Phoenixraven1 on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Skelton is improving for sure…bottom line is he’s winning!

19. By rojobird on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

LOVE SKELTON’S PLAY WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS OF COURSE BUT HE LOOKS MORE PROMISING THAN KOLB. Whiz “john has done what we expected him to do” really Whiz you expected him to win. BUT YEAH WHIZ PUT KOLB BACK IN WHEN HEALTHY SO YOU AND MANAGEMENT CAN SEE THE $63MILLION DOLLAR MISTAKE…. GODD LUCK CARDS ON THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON… :)

DARREN WHAT IF WE WIN OUR REMAINING GAMES ANY CHANCE WE COULD GET A WILD CARD? hEY i CAN ONLY DREAM RIGHT? :)

20. By Paul H on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

This Crow tastes great with some pepper. Didn’t have a lot of faith in the guys last week in Philly. Proved me wrong and I’m glad. No reason win or lose why they can’t battle each team to the finish this rest of season. I think they can win most of them if they put their mind to it. Congrats Coaches and players on a great effort and keep it up the last 7 weeks.

21. By Bob-O! on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

I just watched the cardinals MAN POWER over the eagles for a win. That’s what I’ve been waiting for all year!!!!! Did you see the eagles smack talking beanie and beanie pointed to that guy and said something like “you’re face is next son”…..took a few plays but Beanie surely emerged and rattled some skulls. Did you see Jeff King muscle his way through a defender and get the first down like he was superman!!!! OH MY GOD THERE ARE TOO MANY PLAYS TO COUNT!!! Adrian Wilson…. IS THAT GUY SUPER HUMAN? The dude bouced off of his back and AW just walked away,business as usual. Washington was INCREDIBLE!!! i guess it took a team that has GREAT potential to be in the dawg house together, to learn to lean on each other and play like it really means something becuase it does mean something. THERE WAS EMOTION OUT THERE FOLKS!!! I’m spechless that I saw Whiz yelling at the ref’s and getting out there. that’s unheard of and boy was it long overdure. MORE OF THAT CARDINALS, MORE OF THAT!!!!!

22. By MIKE G on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren–Question on Feely–Do you think his misses were more mental in that he is not striking the ball crisply or is it not being comfortable with the new holder this year???

23. By tim on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

I agree, we should rest Kevin. Rest him until he’s fully ready to go. Really, really rested, and healed. Fully rested and fully healed. We don’t want to cause further damage to a vital player and possibly shorten his career. No, no, rested, and healed. Yes. Healing can take some time, think of it as an investment, like DRC and a second rounder. What can you do if your feet hurt? Not much, it’s like a bad back, you’re hobbled until you heal. Give him time to heal, good food and rest, lots and lots of rest. Let those broken foot thingies grow back stronger. The more time the better.

24. By Darren Urban on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Kurt –

RE: Kicker

Whiz said today he wasn’t worried about Feely. So no.

25. By TucsonTim on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

After Lenon hit Vick, I knew Vick was hurt. You could tell by the way he was throwing. Jefferson gave him a big hug after the game and the grimace on Vick’s face betrayed a much more serious injury than just “having the wind knocked out of him” as reported on TV.

Never want to see anyone injured, but getting hits on the QB is part of the game. We’re going to have a really fearsome front 7. Also easy to see why Bradley is having trouble breaking into the line up. Washington is looking like a pro bowl LB, so where do we put Bradley? On the outside? Is he fast enough?

26. By SteveDCO on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Crazy thought but been a crazy year.

Kolb for Orakpo staight up. If Skelton keeps playing like he is, we have to recoup some of the cost we spent on Kolb and free up the massive contract he recieved.

Would allow the draft ad FA to go after creating a great OL at al cost.

27. By Darren Urban on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Mike G –

RE: Feely

I don’t think it’s the holder.

28. By D on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Would the Cards consider bringing back Marshall next year as a safety -since they should have Toler, Peterson and Jefferson next year at corner. He appears like he can make the transition and AZ needs to get younger there.

Thanks

29. By Darren Urban on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

D –

RE: Marshall

I could see that possibility.

30. By joe67 on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Any Coach, any sport will tell you,”you have to go with the Hot Hand”.

I like them both, but right now that is J S, Things can change in a hurry sometimes, and we are fortunate to have them both.

31. By Jzoully on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

So Darren, I know that it’s not a good idea to replace your starter, but would it be in the mind of the coaches to maybe make a few changes on offense starting with the signal caller? I love John Skelton but really I don’t feel comfortable with him starting, then again I didn’t feel comfortable with Kolb either. Now the ordeal is that we could regroup after the season and look for our next playoff performing quarterback. Should we look at the draft or keep Kolb?

32. By Darren Urban on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Jzoully –

RE: Where to go at QB

I think that’s what you figure out after 16 games, not 9.

33. By TucsonTim on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Just watched Andy Reid’s Monday presser. Ouch. My bad, I thought Lenon broke Vick’s ribs, Reid said it was the 2nd play of the game. But how did he know? He said Vick didn’t say anything until after the game.

He was also asked about Nnamdi Asomugha’s off sides penalty and Reid said that Larry lined up a little deeper than usual. Wily vetern WR or just luck?

34. By Jzoully on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

SteveDCO you have such a great philosophy but I don’t think Washington would give up Orapko for another failed Philadelphia project. Maybe if we traded him for a 5th or 6th round pick yeah. But our best chances are trying to revamp a depleted quarterback position. Now I really like DeAngelo Hall, that guy from Washington can really play. Combine him with a conditional draft pick than I would have a deal, but I am not the GM. I would give up both John Skelton and Kolb for that corner. Then maybe look at Landry Jones, Robert Griffin III from Baylor, they are both great quarterbacks. The one I consider to be the next Andy Dalton is Ryan Tannehill.

35. By Bill L on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

QBs getting theit chance…….HOU, Matt Schaub OUT with a significant foot injury……it sounds more like Month(s) than weeks. MATT LEINART will start for HOU in week 12…..next week is HOU’s Bye Week……against JAC. I suspect, from the reports, that Matt will get more than one start. If he does well they may take their time bringing Schaub back. HOU’s remaining schedule; 11/27 JAC, 12/04 ATL, 12/11 CIN, 12/18 CAR, 12/22 IND, 01/01 TEN…………This is Matt’s Chance, the First since Green Left and Whiz came in. He has a Good Team with a Good OL and running game…..sort of like USC……GOOD LUCK, MATT!!!!

36. By Jzoully on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Yeah, but that’s why you have scouts right Darren, do you think that maybe another option would be a good idea? It’s like how I felt about Kurt Warner, every year Kurt made me feel like we had a chance to go to the super bowl, not Kolb nor Skelton.

37. By Darren Urban on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Jzoully –

RE: Options at QB

Everything should be considered. How heavily, we will see. But until you know you have “The Guy,” you don’t have “The Guy.”

38. By cardman1 on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

SKELTON

39. By Scott H on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Steve DCO -

Nice thought but what would justify Kolb being worth that right now??? Easy to ponder that from our side. If Kolb were playing for someone else right now – with the same results – do you want the Cardinals giving up Calais Campbell or Daryl Washington for him??? I would not. Hey, I would LOVE to think something like you propose could happen, but…I don’t see it. Way too soon to be thinking about trading Kolb away, I think we both know that. BUT, unfortuantaly, the deal the Cardinals GAVE him would probably make TRADING him very difficult.

40. By Daniel on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

John is a way better QB then Kolb. Whizsay he did what he expected he would? thats b.s come on if e kno john wuld wintwo striht games in a row then why in the hell isnt he the starter? Hes way more comfortable with the team. Hes not afriad to go to fitz like kolb. john makes it happen. Kolb has thrown way more ints and fumbles and safetys then john has i dont understand whiz comment that kolb is the starter of the team. if hes sayin he kno john would get those wins then is he saying kolb is doing what he expected losing all the games for the cards. Keep john as starter for rest of seaon and see what happens

41. By Ltlane on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Hi Darren,

Off Topic i know, sorry, but i am wondering if Fitzgerald or the coaches have stresed Yards after the Catch/Contact. I do not remember Fitz fighting for the extra yards like he is now. He reminds me a bit of how dangerous Boldin was after the catch. I have noticed a lot more toughness this year, for example Beanie Wells has shown he looks for contact now and enjoys punishing people, often putting LBs on their backs after contact. Are they focusing on this aspect? It gives the team a lot more attitude and grit. I love watching Fitz shed the smaller CBs in the open field. One other question if I may, How much do you see Campbells stock rising as a player and a leader? The defense is starting to really clock IMHO. Thanks.

42. By jocards on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Did it seem to you that the Eagles were not at all physical yesterday? I mean I saw more than one play where a guy would simply give himself up rather than try and run through a tackle. Steve Smith was certainly one example, so was Macklin though he might have had injury issues and I also saw McCoy do the same thing in one instance. In one case if the receiver (Smith) had kept running he would’ve likely made a first down but instead he crumpled to the ground 3-4 yards short and the Eagles had to punt. When you start seeing things like that it is a very bad sign for a football team and their head coach. Was there any talk about the effort the Eagles put forth? I’m not taking anything away from the Cardinals; they went out and earned a win in a hostile environment.

43. By lg on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

cents nobody else can beat the 49ers i guess we will just have to and thats whats up

44. By georgiebird on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

One important fact should be taken from the Eagles game. Without a fast, talented WR teams can pack the box and have some degree of confidence of not getting burned. Without Jackson and Maclin, the Cardinal defense had a little added confidence and could do some things they would otherwise not done.
    In the same way, our opponents stack the box. Even Larry as the best receiver in the NFL creates very little separation between himself and the defender. I feel Larry enjoys the defender right next to him and has the confidence to outplay him for the ball.
    Now in a football fantasy world, if you could line the great Roy Green opposite Larry, you would see two defenders immediately vacate the box. Green and Larry, because of their distinctive talents, would be the greatest team duo in the history of the NFL.

45. By clssylssy on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

The view from Oz is spectacular and bright, and I’ve been saying it all along…we have talented players and coaches and we have the potential to get back to the SB. Yesterday was the first time I can recall that the Fox sports analysts were actually excited about the Cardinals play against the Eagles…even Terry Bradshaw! The fact that we were executing without getting penalties helped considerably, which is what Coach Whisenhunt has been stressing, All last year he kept saying John wasn’t ready which was probably correct and I have to wonder if Kevin Kolb wouldn’t have benefitted from a period of learning before being thrown into the fray. If Beannie would have been healthy we would have been even better and the fact that Andy Reid sat DeSean Jackson for over sleeping a meeting will probably haunt him into retirement! We did an incredible job and just need to keep the momentum going, winning one game at a time. GREAT JOB CARDS AND COACHES! LUV YOU GUYS!

46. By brythybo7 on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

I will say it again. The money spent getting Kolb wouldve been better spent getting a better Oline. Luckily for us our GM and HC knew better….*sarcasm*

47. By brad oneill on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

hey Matt leinart is going to start this weekend! imagine whizs press conference next week if Kolb comes back and has bad game, and lienart has a great game. i don’t think its about the money, i think skelton stays in until he loses. if kolb comes around great, but can whiz really afford to bring kolb back in and lose?

48. By georgiebird on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

This past Sunday, Eli Manning had a QB rating of 84.5% @ 49ers. Right now Manning is an elite QB in the league. For Skelton to do better than 84% would be quite an accomplishment.
    Like Mark Sanchez of the Jets, Kolb plays small in the pocket. Conversely Skelton plays bigger than he is. I don’t know if Skelton is the answer, but at age 23 he’s amazing. Andy Dalton is about 5 months older than J.S. while Ponder was born within days of J.S.

49. By rio on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Last year Skelton have a drive in the 4th quarter to beat Dallas in Phonenix
    he seems to stand up to the bigger moment and produces.

A great sign for a Quarter Back in the Nationa Football league.

Lets go with this Kid Wiz.

50. By mo123 on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Congratulations on a great win. This is coming from a Philadelphia guy who was an Eagles fan before they traded Kolb and gave the team to that hoodlum Vick. I don’t know if you all know this, but Kolb lost his job in Philly to injury! It’s an old rule, don’t take away a man’s job because of an injury, but Andy Reed broke that rule to bring in Vick. The fans here are getting less and less happy about that.
    But you should not give Kolb’s job away AGAIN due to injury. Give the guy a chance after he heals. Maybe he will or won’t pan out, but it’s not fair to dump him for Skelton. Skelton didn’t impress me all that much anyway; his touchdown passes bounced off defenders’ hands and could just as easily have been interceptions.

51. By vinny on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

I think it’s B.S. honestly! Wiz is always saying play the best person at the position John Skelton has clearly made mistakes but to have the drives and confidence and composer as a 2nd year qb in the NFL is huge. The Cards are rallying behind skelton our O line knows he can get the job done and our defense knows he can put points on the bored. The defense got to stay fresh because skelton drove the field, and the 3 touchdown drives were great, but in all reality skelton drove the cards down the field 5 times to put us in scoring position if not for the 2 miss field goals, and on top of that he did it on asantay ans namdi. Chris Carter needs to give Wiz a come on man and just make skelton the starter. 4 and 2 as a cardinal you can say he is the best qb since warner I’m tired of the excuses the cards paid kolb way to much money who had not proven anything as a QB in the NFL. Go Cards Go Skelton he’s gonna shine as a QB in this league I just know it. What you think darren kolb B.S. or what?

52. By Dylan on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Jzoully-

what about the year the he took over for lienart and didn’t play good or wbu the year hear got booed off the field for playing so bad. give both kolb and skelton some time to learn this system before you say anything like that

53. By wnycardfan on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Nice game, wish I could have watched it (gone all day). The blips of it were nice though. It does appear Skelton is a bit more confident in the pocket then Kolb has been, not sure if thats because the 2 teams stunk that he’s played or truly he’s that much better. Either way, Kolb has to start again and show why he should be starter. I like Skelton’s attitude, presence, and how he looks so far.
    IS Beenie ok? Didn’t have a lot of yards, so hoping he is OK, we need his playing to keep everything going.
    Great DEF playing. It DOES look like they are geling, really good. Campbell is awesome, they better keep him around. The young guys, wow, if they continue like this, we’ll be a pretty good DEF team for sure.
    As someone else said earlier, they brought some emotion, just like we’ve been begging them too and it paid off big time. Keep it up guys, this is what I wanted to see………….PROGRESS!!!!!!

54. By johnny on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Hey Darren, In a qb driven league I don’t see how people can think John Skelton is going to take us to the playoffs or superbowl. Kolb is going to be a good player. He has won offensive player of the week twice in what 16 career starts. come on, lets be realistic here. The rams stink and the eagles are reeling. I like Skelton, but he is not ready to run this ship. I would be hard pressed to find 3 starts in the nfl that are less likely to be starters. what do you think

55. By Darren Urban on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Ltlane –

RE: Fitz YAC/Campbell leader

1) Fitz has been good about YAC ever since Haley was here and pushed him about it.
    2) Yes, Campbell’s stock is rising, which is why they want to re-sign him.

56. By Darren Urban on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

jocards –

RE: Eagles being soft

The play where Steve Smith didn’t try for the first did stand out. But otherwise, they didn’t look much different than they had other times I have watched.

57. By clssylssy on Nov 15, 2011 | Reply

We put the hurt on the Eagles and are starting to look more like the physical, smashmouth team everyone is constantly demanding without associating such with the Steelers, Coaches Whisenhunt or Horton. I said “starting” as these guys are just beginning to put all the new pieces together. I don’t know why Cards fans can’t be happy with success. The QB issue is a non-issue with regard to the draft this early…actually it was all the fan hoo-hah last year that pressured the $66M lay-out. This has been a strange week in the NFL and Matt Leinert is going to get the opportunity we groomed him for; I’m sure as many eyes will be on him as our game with the 9ers. Adrian Wilson’s interception in the enzone was spactacular and there were great plays by a lot of our players who are starting to put the it all together. Whatever the outcome with the 9ers, savor the victories!
    GO CARDS, FLY HIGH! LUV YOU GUYS!

58. By aTRUCARDINALfan... on Nov 15, 2011 | Reply

damn……i dont no want ppl are talking bout .. 19Skelton is the best thing going for us so far this year..for reals..think about that whiz……..your qb kolb is a dud..MUCH LUV TO OUR DEFENCE KEEP HOLDING IT DOWN.. p.s WHIZ get off kolb for a min and give 1JOHNSKELTON9 HIS PROPS!!!!!

2. Nov 14, 2011: Word From the Birds BlogTalking QB, Feely, Keith «
  3. Nov 15, 2011: Word From the Birds BlogTalking QB, Feely, Keith « | Daily News, Daily Trends, Daily Topics, Celebrity Gossip, Sports,Travel
  4. Nov 15, 2011: Word From the Birds BlogKolb expects to give practice a go Wednesday «