Working with Wilson and his traps

Posted by Darren Urban on January 23, 2012 – 4:50 pm

You’d think at some point Adrian Wilson would have earned his way into ESPN The Magazine’s “Body Issue” but alas, the safety has not. But that didn’t stop E.T.M. from flying the Cards’ Pro Bowl safety out last week to put together a photo shoot and this video about A-Dub’s workouts, philosophy and unreal traps. (I mean, seriously, his trapezius muscles almost don’t look real).

I saw Wilson down in the locker room briefly today. I am guessing he was headed out to Hawaii and the Pro Bowl sooner rather than later. He did say he expected the photos to be in the magazine in the next week or two.

Tags:

20 Responses to “Working with Wilson and his traps”

1. By Scott H on Jan 23, 2012 | Reply

Those arms…WOW!!!

2. By AndyStandsUp on Jan 23, 2012 | Reply

Speaking of Pro Bowl, was Dockett the only Cards alternate (first or second) that your aware of? (I know most clubs don’t release the info,because if nothing else, it could affect contract negotiations. Campbell, perhaps?)

Giants had only Manning and Pierre-Paul going so no help there.

3. By in fitz we trust on Jan 23, 2012 | Reply

dudes a monster, i heard alot of people mad about wilson making the pro bowl over a few other safetys who had more picks an better stats, but playing off that torn bi-cep an still bringing havoc shows the respect his gets.

4. By Mark on Jan 23, 2012 | Reply

Darren, Do you know anything about the new nike jerseys they were gonna come out for al 32 nfl teams? im pumped to see the New Cardinal’s Uniform and the rest of the team’s.

5. By ringlaterra on Jan 23, 2012 | Reply

Speaking of which: When is the bicep getting surgically repaired? Already done?

6. By Skiptim on Jan 23, 2012 | Reply

Darren –

I haven’t talked to you for a while on here. Do you remember me? You… you used to like me. What happened to us? How is life? Keep combing that hair how you been man, it’s working… it’s working…

7. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

One of the best physiques in football. Too bad there’s graffiti scattered all over it, which inevitably draws the eye’s attention away from the muscles. But then again, Adrian doesn’t play football in a thong. ;)

8. By georgiebird on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

It’s a shame that strong safety is played with the brain as well as the “traps”

9. By Jeff Gollin on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

How’s A-Dub physically? Is he 100% “cured and ready to rock?” Or is he still hurting – maybe enough to still need off-season surgery?

10. By Darren Urban on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

AndyStands —

RE: Pro Bowl

Dockett was the only Cards’ alternate. Since we haven’t heard anything yet, I feel safe in saying DD isn’t going.

11. By Darren Urban on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

Mark —

RE: Uniforms

As I just said, the uniforms are not going to look much different.

12. By Darren Urban on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

ringlaterra, Jeff Gollin —

RE: A-Dub surgery

Wilson told us he did not need to have surgery on the biceps injury.

13. By We Missed Q on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

Darren, Any idea where I can get info on purchasing a PP2 pro bowl jersey?

14. By Darren Urban on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

We Missed —

RE: Pro Bowl jerseys

I do not. I guess I’d start at NFL.com.

15. By Phoenixraven1 on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

saw one at the Arrowhead mall yesterday, think it was at just sports…

16. By Scott H on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

georgiebird –

Dude, whatever is wrong with you…is no small thing.

17. By Skiptim on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

Darren –

Why didn’t you answer me man? Why do you have to dangle me like a puppet on strings? I just want to know that you’re happy…

18. By Darren Urban on Jan 24, 2012 | Reply

Skiptim —

RE: Answer

Uh, nice to have you back?

19. By Skiptim on Jan 25, 2012 | Reply

Darren –

I never meant to leave you, it’s just, I started school last August. I haven’t had as much time. But you are still a good writer. I appreciate your stuff. I may not be able to post on every blog and make your day with my words like in the past, but you can know that I’ll always be there for you.

2. May 17, 2013: Word From the Birds Blog | Bell is a thoroughbred