• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.
  • Fri., May. 23, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp.
  • Sat., May. 24, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp

Some dates as the offseason commences

Posted by Darren Urban on February 6, 2012 – 11:10 am

Obviously the Cardinals have already been working on offseason business for more than a month. Such is what happens when your team doesn’t make the postseason.

But the final play of the Super Bowl officially ends the 2011 season and allows the whole league to turn the page. With that in mind — and knowing a new coach (probably for receivers, with receivers coach John McNulty sliding over to coach the quarterbacks) still will be hired sooner rather than later, here is a look at some of the key dates over the next few months:

Feb. 20 — First day teams can attach the franchise tag (That process goes through March 5. The Cards could end up using theirs on defensive end Calais Campbell.)

Feb. 22-28 — Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

March 13 — Free agency begins (2 p.m. Arizona time)

April 26-28 — NFL Draft

Usually the team’s first on-field work is the minicamp the weekend following the draft. While no dates have been announced, I don’t see why that wouldn’t stay the same this season. While we have a long time to get into free agency — more than two weeks from the end of the combine, which is much different than years past when it used to start right after the Combine ended — one thing to note is on restricted free agents. The Cards have four restricted free agents (guys who could leave but the Cards, if they tender an offer, have right of first refusal): running back LaRod Stephens-Howling, linebacker Reggie Walker, safety Rashad Johnson and cornerback Greg Toler.

There are three tender offers that can be used in the new CBA: $1.26M to receive a player’s original round pick as compensation, $1.927M for a second-round pick, and $2.742M for a first-round pick. Just a guess, but I could see Toler (originally a fourth-rounder) and Stephens-Howling (a seventh-rounder) each getting a second-round tender. Johnson (originally a third-round pick) would probably get an original-round tender. I think the Cards want Walker back but I could see them declining to tender and then signing him later.

If the player is tendered and signs with another team — and the Cards didn’t match — the Cards would receive the compensatory pick when the player left.

Tags: , , , , ,

59 Responses to “Some dates as the offseason commences”

1. By Paul H on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Speaking of dates. I was looking at the calender today. Just under 12 weeks to Cardinal Fan Fest to check out the new rookies. And 6 months to the day until the Hall of fame game. I know, I know get a life Paul. But we do love our football don’t we?

2. By Bill on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Can we get a timeline of potential Peyton interactions? When Peyton could become available, when the Cards would have to make a decision on Kolb (assuming they don’t keep him after signing nan assumed Peyton), etc.

3. By AndyStandsUp on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Though unrestricted FAs, what combination of Batiste, Keith and Lutui coming back do you see, Darren? The OL is probably due for the biggest turnover, yet that’s one place where stability is appreciated.

P.S. Did Fitz as far as we know, have dinner with Peyton this weekend?

4. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Bill –

RE: Manning “interactions”

The Colts must make a decision on whether to pay his bonus or release him by March 8. He could become available anytime between now and then, assuming he is released. Kolb’s bonus must be decided upon by March 17.

5. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

AndyStands –

RE: Fitz dinner

Well, there was this tweet by Larry’s Dad …

“Archie Manning &I were talking about our sons having dinner tonight.Manning thinks highly of my son as I do his.Who picks up the check???”

I’ll take that as a yes.

6. By AndyStandsUp on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Knew you would find an answer, Darren.
    The Hall of Fame game reference by Paul H got me thinking of another question:
    Is there a specific reason or circumstance why the Cardinals have the longest absence of playing in the exhibition?

7. By Kevin on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Please help me understand how this whole RFA compensation pick thing works. If the Cards use a 2nd Rnd tender on Toler and he goes elsewhere, they don’t actually get a 2nd Rnd pick in next years draft, right? Do they get compensation pick(s) in Rnd 3-7? Or are those compensation for losing UFA’s? Hate to sound stupid, but I really want to understand this and have wondered for a while.

Thanks, Kevin

8. By kevin on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Indy is not going to let Manning go . We have our number 1 QB and that is Kolb. I look forward to him leading us into the playoffs this season. I look forward to seeing Bartel slide into number 2 over Skelton and if not let Bartel go.

9. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

AndyStands –

RE: Hall game

Not a big attraction/lack of Hall members? Just spitballin’ here.

10. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Kevin –

RE: Compensation

In the case of RFAs, we’ll use the example of Toler. If Toler were to be tendered at a 2nd-round slot, and then another team, say the Patriots, signed him to an offer sheet, then the Cards would have a week to either match the offer or let Toler go. If they let Toler go, the Pats would owe the Cards a second-round pick in the 2012 draft.

That isn’t the same as compensation picks for the previous year’s UFAs. In that case, a secret formula is used to determined who the Cards lost as a UFA and who they gained, based on playing time and performance, and that’s how teams are granted the extra compensatory picks in rounds three through seven.

11. By brad oneill on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

my prediction on the qb derby this year- hall skelton bartel kolb all come into camp in the same positions they were in at end of year, kolb starts skelton backs up, hall gets some serious preseason work and either makes it or is off to the Argonauts. people who think hall was horrible have to realize he was third string or worse for all of camp before being thrust into games. the kid may have faltered but he is definitely worth another look.

12. By Chris Minton on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

All hypothetical, obviously, but if Peyton is A) healthy, and B) released by the Colts, do you see the Cards making a move for him and letting Kolb go? Major upgrade for the short term, with Skelton learning the trade behind a top 5 all-timer? But then, Curtis Painter hasn’t shown much after being in the same position Skelton would be in. And there’s no guarantee Skelton develops as much as Kolb possibly could. In other words, none of us really know anything.

13. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Brad –

RE: Hall

I do not expect Hall back.

14. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Chris –

RE: Manning

I see the Cards looking at him. Do I see him signing? Very hard to say.

15. By Steve on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Well, I personally think we have seen what Kolb’s game is about. Injuries and turnovers. It was a bad trade to begin with and ANYONE (kevin) thinking that he is better than Skelton is crazy. The numbers simply do not show that. Kolb has done exactly the same thing everywhere he has gone and that is hold onto the ball too long, get concussions and fumble and throw more INTs than TD’s. Couple that with Kolb’s locker room issues (not the most popular guy) and I think the answer is very clear.

And Indy is not going to pay Manning 28 million and then pay Andrew Luck #1 overall money as well. Irsay has basically told us that.

The only unknown variable at this point is if Manning is going to regain the feeling in his throwing arm to be an effective QB again.

I think we go with Skelton (wins games), cut Kolb, possibly sign Manning and if he is not ready draft a QB in the first round. The Kolb experiment should be over….

16. By Steve on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

And Bartel a #2?!?! Over Skelton!!! Really??? To anyone that watched this team last year, you have lost all credibility.

17. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Steve –

RE: QB numbers

I have no problem with you not liking Kolb. That’s your prerogative. Throwing around faulty arguments tends to sabotage your credibility.

“The numbers simply do not show that. Kolb has done exactly the same thing everywhere he has gone and that is hold onto the ball too long, get concussions and fumble and throw more INTs than TD’s. Couple that with Kolb’s locker room issues (not the most popular guy) and I think the answer is very clear.”

Kolb had 9 TD passes and 8 interceptions. Skelton, by comparison, was 11-14.

And the part about his popularity in the locker room — please let us know how you know this. I have spent every day in that locker room since Kolb showed up and I was never told anything near that or sensed that problem. You have a source that says otherwise?

18. By Kevin on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Thanks. That’s how I always thought it was, but I looked over a few past drafts and couldn’t find any picks changing hands like that. Apparently the reason is simply that RFA’s just don’t change teams very often because the compensation is too high.

Thanks, Kevin

By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply
    Kevin –
    RE: Compensation

19. By Steve on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

First off I will apologize. My rant was not directed at you. It was the one previously who suggested that Kolb is going to take us to the playoffs and that Skelton should be moved to #3 behind Bartell.

Than being said, Kolb’s career numbers are 20 Tds, 22 INTs and 14 fumbles.

Skelton career numbers 13 Tds, 16 INts, but only 3 fumbles…..Thats quite a difference.

As far as the “locker room” comment, I would have never said anything about that until I heard Jason Cole on Gambo and Burns last week talk about Kolb and locker room issues. I had heard this two times at the beginning of the season, once from a rookie player and an Offensive lineman as I was getting my hair cut at a downtown barber shop that the players frequent. They were basically suggesting that he had a very large ego and that Skelton was their “Boy.” This I also heard from another person that I know that is friends with many of the players. Obviously, my two accounts can be questioned, so I didn’t mention anything until there was a third party that I heard mention the same thing. I heard it Darren. I expect you to not believe me, but maybe Jason Cole can tell you a bit more about that.

I have tons of respect for you and the work you do. I didn’t mean to come off irreverent. Again it was not direct at you.

20. By G. Witt on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Tony Dungy was asked his opinon yesterday before the Superbowl on Peyton staying with the Colts or playing else where. He said that if Peyton is healthy he will stay with the Colts, if not he thinks he will retire. So I say stop holding your breath waiting to see what is going to happen with Peyton.

21. By Eazy E on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Do y’all want to win a super bowl in the next 3-5 years? If the answer is yes, then Peyton is the answer no question. I just can’t even fathom Kolb getting close to that point. You need a QB that is really good or at least show some signs of it regularly. We don’t have anything remotely close to Brady or Eli. Peyton would definitely be in there with the Super Bowl QBs without a doubt. I’m glad Larry Sr. and Archie had dinner. I hope their sons can play with each other and have many dinners celebrating victories with the Cardinals very soon here. If his nerves regenerate in his right arm, which looks good in the coming weeks-months, we’re good to go.

22. By Mal on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Darren-

Speaking just financially, are Kolb and Manning mutually exclusive — an either/or proposition?

I know there are all sorts of personality and team-building issues, but just strictly money-wise, would it be realistic, or too crazy expensive, for the Cards to have their 3 QB’s be Manning, Kolb, and Skelton?

23. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Steve –

RE: Kolb

Point taken. If you have sources, then maybe there is something to it. I like Jason and consider him a friend, but since he is never in this locker room, I have to wonder who is telling him things and more importantly, why.

I will say what I always have about the quarterbacks: Neither one has shown enough yet to prove they can carry this team long-term. Both have shown moments.

24. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Mal –

RE: Either/or

Not necessarily. Would depend entirely on how PM contract is structured.

25. By cards62 on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

I just want to see our team get better and play better next year.

It is very early so far, but I do not like our lack of moves on the offensive coaching side of the ball. Darren thank you for the Michael Bidwill interview. I did not hate anything that he said, but he did not say anything that gave me a lot of hope for the 2012 season either.

The second place where I feel we could improve the most besides OC is QB.
    If Manning is cleared and will do an incentive deal it becomes a no brainer, and if not an incentive deal I think we still have to bring him in and work him out.

I like Skelton better than Kolb as some of Big John’s throws just make me go wow that was nice so I hope BIg John continues to get better, At this point I do not know if Skelton is a better QB than Kolb so if no (Manning) I have no problem with us bringing back Kolb and Kolb having an open competition with Skelton for the starting job and let the best man win. I even like Bartel as third string. My fellow fans do not get too attached to any of out QBs right now and lets just see how this competition and Manning thing plays out in 2012.

The third place I feel we could improve the most is OL so I will be watching to see how we address this area in the offseason. Did you guys know that Beanie Wells was the # 1 running back in the nation coming out of high school his senior year? Beanie also did very well in college. It is time our OL turned him loose in 2012.

My fellow fans I know this. We have a tougher schedule next year, our defense will be better next year, and if we do not make a major upgrade in one of the three places I mention above on the offensive side of the ball next season our beloved Cardinals will have no chance to make it to the Super Bowl next season. The defense, special teams, and FItz. might be able to get us into the playoffs, but its a just might. We have to address the offense.

Go Cards and Rod Graves you are on the clock.

26. By Stewar Badly on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Here comes the biased media (Darren Urban) defending Kelvin Kolb from little criticism, but when people (Kevin) say John Skelton is horrible and should be the third QB in the deph chart he stays nothing to defend him. GO CARDINALS

27. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Stewar –

RE: Skelton

Do I even need to say something about someone suggesting Skelton should be put behind Bartel?

Again, and I have said this many times: If I am so biased, why bother coming here to read what I have to say?

28. By georgiebird on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Now that the new season has begun, let’s hope that the Cardinals can be a smart organization for one of the few times (and if there was an impartial vote, Cards would be voted the dumbest organization over the past XX years.
    So here are some QB points to be considered :
    1) Eli proved the QBs are going to get hit by even good defenses.
    2) any attempt to build an offensive line that will prevent violent sacks is a pipe dream.
    3) Peyton and KK can’t be protected by any OL; not even the Giants OL would keep Peyton or KK upright for much more than a couple of quarters.
    4) Let’s consider the ages of KK and Skelton when making any comparisons
    5) Skelton has learned on his own; over his 1st two years he has played with probably the worst group of teammate QBs than any QB in history.
    6) Skelton (like Eli) can take a hit and still get the ball downfield
    7) Skelton may not be the long term answer but he is by far the best option at this time ( remember a healthy Peyton is 9-10 in playoff games.)
    8) Skelton did not have a quality speed receiver to throw long to.
    9) Skelton beat Dallas 6 mos removed from Fordham -counter to KK beat Boys
    10 Cut Kolb- the quicker Whiz can get this horrid trade behind him, the better Whiz’ chances to succeed (or else KK will become an albatross)

29. By TUCSTEVE on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

wow. the hatred towards kolb and skelton is getting ridiculous. i mean i dont like skelton but some people think they know and see more than the coaches or even what darren sees. overall i dont think either quarterback has had the time to fully develop and show there full potential. people need to chill out with the let skelton and let kolb go. i know i am for now on. dont want to be sounding like that anymore.

30. By in fitz we trust on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

bidwells are too cheap, so i don’t expect manning here. come on now, if your gonna low ball a qb that took u too your first superbowl. what makes u think there gonna keep up in the bidding for a superbowl winning qb. IF he is even available. the ONLY leverage we have is larry fitzgerald as the best wr, which wont be enough for us to get peyton. my opinion.

just hope we resign the hyphen. could care less about toler. tell u the truth if we could get a 2nd rounder out of him with the new cba ( and the senario u created darren ) that would be way worth it. pp and marshall should be starting corners.

31. By KDubADub1324 on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

@cards62…I like your attitude my friend. Gotta stay positive and hope the organization does whats best for the team.

@georgiebird, to your points…

#1 QBs are going to get hit my defenses regardless, no matter who’s playing; its football; #2 is one where anyone would say “duh”; #3 another “duh”; #4 Kolb is older, and more experienced; #5 Kolb had 4 seasons in Philly, was drafted be the heir to McNabb (one of the best QBs of his time). He got hurt when he got his chance, and Vick took over while Kolb was hurt. Kolb filled in for Vick in 2010 when Vick got hurt, but Vick played out of his mind that season (could have been MVP) and got the job. Vick was having an MVP type year. So of course he got the job when he came back. Kolb didn’t “lose” it to him because of poor play; #6 Remember the WAS game when Kolb got blasted on that TD pass to Fitz? Darren had it up on the site a couple weeks ago; #7 Skelton played fine, but not enough to warrant the starting position next year. At best, he earned a shot to battle it out w/Kolb in camp this summer, instead of going in as the automatic #2; #8 Kolb played on the same offense this year, so he didnt have a speed receiver either then, right? #9 Beating Dallas is not much of an accomplishment if you ask me, especially when DAL was a 6-10 team without Romo when Skelton played them. Kolb beat DAL this year, with Romo. And #10 if AZ doesn’t get Manning, you go into camp letting Kolb and Skelton compete for the job and award it to the best man. I wouldn’t call the Kolb trade a bust just yet. Get over the fact that you don’t like Kolb and look at his situation this year. He came in like 3 weeks into training camp. Dude had to learn an entirely new offense from the one that he had spent 4 seasons in with Philly. He also had to get used to his players and his OL (which is not really much. lol), Not to mention he got hurt. Skelton didn’t have an offseason either, but he had a season with the team under his belt coming into this season, so he had a better comfort level.Kolb didn’t play great enough to win the job next year, but he didn’t play horrible enough to lose it and he didn’t have the 2nd half entirely to turn it around like the defense did. The one game he did play in the 2nd half though (against DAL) he won. Kolb struggled, its as simple as that. I think it was just a matter if not being comfortable in the offense. It wouldn’t matter to me who plays, I think both have the ability to lead the team, but I’d prefer the better guy to play.

As long as Peyton is available, getting him would be nice. This will be an interesting next couple of weeks to a month. I still think its a long shot right now, but that could change as more questions are answered. Regardless if he comes here or not, I’m fine with what AZ has right now. Gotta trust that the org will do what is needed to improve the team and make them better. If he starts, I think Acho will be a break out

32. By Scott H on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

kevin -

Skelton has won more games than Kolb AND Bartel combined…yet, he’s suddenly third string BEHIND these guys??? Interesting…

33. By azfancolo on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

It is always nice to read the very positive georgiebird comments

34. By Scott H on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Darren -

NO, you absolutely do NOT need to say anything about someone suggesting that Skelton should be put behind Bartel. But perhaps we should say something about the people ( ala Stewar Badly ) who can’t just use their real names here…honestly, I find the thought of grown men who insist on having cute little nicknames that they obviously made up for themselves really, REALLY pathetic.

35. By Scott H on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

I’m sure that Darren is looking into this as we speak, but anyone seeing the news being reported that Todd Haley may now be the new OC for the Steelers? Just saw this headline running on NFL.com.

36. By WildCard on Feb 6, 2012 | Reply

Oh Darren I love how you respond to fans that make no sense and think they know it all.Thanks for being real.

37. By Corgon on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

is there any news, bit of info, unofficial timeline about C. Campbell’s contract?
    Thx

38. By K-DUB on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

If Manning is release in the near future can he sign to a team right away or does he have to wait for FA to open?

39. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

Corgon –

RE: Campbell

I have heard nothing new.

40. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

K-Dub –

RE: Manning availability

Manning will be free to sign anywhere as soon (and if) he is released.

41. By ybone on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

not sure if i saw this right but with about 17 seconds left in the game, defense had 12 men on the field. Flag was thrown after 10 seconds was gone and they got a five yard penalty. 7 seconds left so only a very long hail mary option.
    Seems like everytime there is about sixty seconds to go and a team starts on there twenty yard line the defense should send out 25 defensvive players, With penalties and time off the clock with 10 seconds left they are on there forty yard line . I must be missing something

42. By Chris on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

ybone –

Yes, however, if I am not mistaken they could have completed the pass that was thrown and declined the penalty. Now, I can understand where you’re coming from because an extra man on the field can/is an unfair advantage, but still.. look at the Houston/Oakland game where they had 1 man missing and stopped the Texans.

43. By Marcelof on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

Concerning to a (after many “ifs”) Manning contract, can I have a further vision of Cards having more primetime and a considerable raise of merchandising? Which may contribute a lot to put Arizona in a better NFL’s spotlight

44. By cardsalltheway on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

Ken W. has admitted that he doesn’t know the problem with the offense/QB/J. Skelton. So, what is he going to do? I think he should have known by now(like by the 1st week things go haywire) or at least given us an answer since it was first days, then weeks, and now months…DUH, it is his job! Please Ken W., let us know what the problem is???r
    I’m NOT surprised our previous OC signed somewhere else, I NEVER believed it would’ve happened, in fact I only thought it was common Cardinal propaganda spread by the common folk.

45. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

Marcelof –

RE: Manning effect

All true.

46. By cardsalltheway on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

Hey Darren,
    At this moment, I’m sure Ken W. has no clue. Isn’t it sad? In fact, I doubt much will change or has ever changed. It’s going to be a long off-season and given last year’s over-hyped off-season, please don’t contribute this year? Really Darren, I mean it!

47. By drummer-1 on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

@ cardsalltheway

When did he admit that? why do he need to tell you anything… Get over yourself will ya..I know it’s not proper grammar but this guy bugs me.. The team owes you Nothing…

48. By cards62 on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

Marcelof

I know I will spend my hard earned money to be the first one on my block wearing a Manning # 16 jersey in Cardinal Red and smiling all the way. I do not live to far from Knoxville either so it will go very well with all the Manning jerseys in Tennessee orange.

Go Cards and Rod Graves you are on the clock

49. By Marcelof on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

cards62 -

Nice fella…
    my questions seem mostly stupid, I consider myself a damn rookie at football, living in Brazil does not make it any easier to understand the system but I am getting into it since it’s a quite different culture. But one thing is for sure, I will import a # 16 Jersey once PM becomes a Cardinal.

50. By Scott H on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

#16? Doesn’t Manning wear #18???

51. By Peter on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

Let’s leave this Manning speculation and ish until it even becomes a viable possibility in March.

Let’s talk draft. Clearly there are issues on offensive line. There are plenty more in an explosive ILB next to Washington. Not to mention Greg Toler and Campbell need to be resigned along with others I’m not currently aware of.

@Darren So based on what you know and your interactions between players and coaches, who do you expect to leave or be re-signed. Is there any information on potential first round draft prospects. Who else have you seen that interests you. Also are there any more names that come to mind based on scouting personnel? Feel free to give false information and conjuncture to throw out some possibilities as I’ve read everything from ESPN, NFL.com, bleacherreport, etc.

52. By Marcelo on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

yep, # 18

53. By Darren Urban on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

Peter –

RE: Draft/free agency

To be honest, draft is too far out. I don’t start really paying attention to potential players until the Combine later this month. Meetings are just starting; there aren’t even any names that would be anything but pure speculation. Obviously, they will have to look at OL, especially tackle, since the at least need bodies there and probably need to find at least one starter.

I addressed the roster, and brief thoughts on who might stay/go, here: http://prod.static.cardinals.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2012Darren/RosterChartAfter2012.pdf

I think there are some guys they have to have back (Campbell) and like to have back (Marshall, for instance). Some guys will probably be based on market value, like an Early Doucet, for instance.

54. By kkfan on Feb 7, 2012 | Reply

If Peyton passes his physical and is cleared to play (by TEAM Dr’s) I don’t see him going anywhere. If he is not cleared to play by the NFL required (health) rules. Than whatever team ( if there is any…doubtful) that would pick him up (not knowing IF he will EVER play again) is really risking a lot . I don’t know if I was a team owner, if I would want to take that chance, and have to dish out all that money with so much uncertainty surrounding his availability due to his condition.

I don’t know how many are aware of the NERVE DAMAGE that Peyton suffered. But nerves DO NOT regenerate. My daughter was in a car accident and ended up with a broken neck. There was severe nerve damange to her neck , left shoulder and arms. She too ,has had several surgeries to ease the pain. Still many, years later she has days where she is in a lot of pain and can’t use her arm.

She unlike Peyton doesn’t participate in a very violent sport like football. If I’m Peyton and I’m not cleared ,I would hang it up! It’s not worth chancing being in a wheel chair the rest of your life like George Reeves did from his a horse accident. Peyton was spared from the injury he sustained this time. He might not be so lucky or blessed the next time. Why tempt fate? It’s not like he needs the money! He’a already a rich man from his football earning and all those commericals he been in and still does.

55. By cards62 on Feb 9, 2012 | Reply

Scott H. and Mar

Peyton wore # 16 all four years of college at UT.

I wanted him to go back to the future with us in Arizona.
    Forget those Colt days.

KKfan and others. We know it is a long shot that Peyton will be okay to play and be a Cardinal, but we are fans so we hope. (If we all had to bet we would bet on Kolb, Skelton, and Bartel being our 3 QBs next year) $ 125 million in player salaries does not go as long as it used to now does it?

Go Cards and Rod Graves you are on the clock and you have a long to do list so get started Mr. Graves.

56. By Scott H on Feb 10, 2012 | Reply

cards62 -

RE: Manning’s #

Gotcha.

57. By Kofari on Feb 16, 2012 | Reply

Darren do u think cards will sign key free agents Like Carl Nicks Jared Gaithers D’qwell Jackson Vincent Jackson And Brandon Carr do cards have the cap room for these players

58. By Darren Urban on Feb 17, 2012 | Reply

Kofari –

RE: FA

I think there isn’t going to be some kind of free-agent parade of starters that are signed. No, there wouldn’t be cap room for all those guys. For any team.

2. Feb 7, 2012: Around the NFC West: Seattle Super Bowl? | IN SEATTLE