The calm before the storm?

Posted by Darren Urban on March 15, 2012 – 8:22 pm

Friday is a big day for the Cardinals, after a relatively quiet Thursday. By tomorrow, the Cardinals, as has been noted a few places, should have tackle Levi Brown re-signed and back on the roster as they try to stabilize the offensive line. Meanwhile, the Peyton Manning watch builds to a crescendo — at least in Arizona — with the 1 p.m. Friday deadline to exercise Kevin Kolb’s roster bonus.

I have no doubt, and really haven’t for a while, that if Manning didn’t come to Arizona the Cards would stick with the three QBs they had in 2011. If they did get Manning in time, it’d be tough to keep Kolb. What would happen, many have asked, if the Cards were in limbo? If Manning hadn’t said yes but hadn’t said no, either, by the time the Cards had to decide on Kolb? That’ll be the big question.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, who out of everyone seems to have the best pulse of the Manning camp (and who seems to have been more middle-of-the-road in his approach than many) tweeted out tonight that he didn’t think Manning’s decision was imminent and, in regards to the Cards and the Kolb deadline, that Manning wouldn’t let that timeline affect his own timeline.

In the past, with free agency usually starting sooner, the first Friday of the NCAA hoops tournament — with the nice spring weather and potential spring training games to go to — always seemed to be so mellow wherever I have worked.

Not tomorrow.

Tags: , ,

89 Responses to “The calm before the storm?”

1. By seasontixholderinvegas on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

so tired of the manning thing now, losing out on free agents letting our own GOOD players go just because we waiting for a guy to decide not with us but with anyone,its so lame especially when a team like titans has offered every but they first born baby’s to him

2. By John on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

I would be very disappointed in Peyton if he didn’t call Whisenhunt and let me know his decision. The Cards can handle rejection and certainly will move on with Kolb and Skelton.

3. By carlo italy 7000 on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

darren do u think demetrius bell is still on their radar.. if they sign bell then they will look at wr and olb in first round?

4. By Darren Urban on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Carlo —

RE: Bell

Yes, I think Bell is still on the radar.

5. By Brian on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Fingers crossed….

6. By Fatdog on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Darren what happend to Bell how was his visit do you think the Cards will still be interested now that they resigned Levi.

7. By YmmyYames on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Looking forward to “The Decision – 2012″. Hopefully he knows the best situation on the field is in Arizona. But it feels like he wants to stay in the AFC. Bummer, he’d be so good for the Cardinals.

Darren, thanks for all you do. Keep it up. Has Bell and Scott left? I haven’t heard anything about them leaving without contracts yet.

8. By vnk on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

I suspect contract discussions are already on with all teams. PM obviously doesn’t need this long to decide which team is the best fit for him football-wise! Denver and Tennessee are run-heavy teams and also don’t have consistent WRs!
    A wacky way of looking at it is that PM strategically waits until saturday so that Cards are off the list due to Kolb, and then no one can bring up his reluctance to be in the NFC!
    Darren: Now that Levi is back in the fold, really all we need is a replacement for Keith right? Which FA would be ideal for that spot?

9. By AndyStandsUp on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

IF Brown is re-signed tomorrow, who will buy the axe to keep the team under the cap or is there a holding period until the league looks at the contract and approves it?

10. By lamehed on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

I kinda had a feeling that the assumption regarding his concern about our time table was a bit off base…his decision, his timetable…our timetable, not his problem…I think that tomorrow will come and go and we will be none the wiser to his choice…its gonna be a long day, and an even longer weekend.

Darren, in your opinion, if we paid the bonus, do you think that would have any effect on PM deciding to choose AZ?

11. By smack28 on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

According to Jason LaConfora, Cardinals have re-signed Brown. Good job considering he is the top rated OT available.

12. By mark on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Darren, Are The Cardinal’s Interested In Signing Early Doucet? So Far His Market has been weak we need to sign him before someone else does. GO CARDINAL’S!!!!!!

13. By KurtM on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

didn’t we alrdy re sign Levi to a new 5 year deal??

14. By Bryth on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Just get our QBs protection, thats all I care about. Good sign with Adam Snyder, now sign Bell or Kemoeatu or some other tackle/guard, and move Levi back to right tackle now that we resigned him (cant be any worse than the left side, at least the QBs will see when he misses his blocks) Grab Martin or Reiff for added depth, then use the rest of the picks on LBs, CBs, and WR (really hoping we can get the other Acho in the 4th or 5th) Someone email this plan to Graves and Whisenhunt! :D

15. By Cucu on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Well, I guess I can stop celebrating Levi Brown’s departure if he is coming back. At least I had a couple of days of hope that we would find an improved tackle in free agency. I guess there are really NO tackles at all if we had to bring back Levi “revolving door” Brown back to “stabilize” our OL. Even if Brown played well the last few games of last season, if I were Manning, I would thing it twice before deciding to join the Cards and trust my recovering health to this guy. If he played so poorly most of the time he was making good money, I can just imagine what is in the future now that most probably his salary has been substantially reduced. I truly hope for the best, but I have seen enough of Mr. Brown during the last 3 years to expect improved performance from him. Very disappointing (and very desperate if you ask me) decision by the Cards.

16. By Sackman on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Levi Brown is back good! I know some people think that is a wrong decision with the way he performed over the years. However, with the restructured contract I think the price is right. He knows our system and consistancy is very important especially when it comes to the Offensive Line.
    Darren if Manning decides to go with the Titans. Do you think going after Hasselback and dropping Kolb would be a good idea? Do you think the Titans would release Hasselback?

17. By John the Draft Guy on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

I’ll trust coach Whiz’s decision. He spent a year with Kolb in meetings and in practice. He will know Kolb’s abilities better than any of us.

I just hope that if Manning hasn’t decided, then coach Whiz makes the best decision for this football team. If Kolb is not a guy who can become a franchise QB, then let him go and continue the search for that guy.

We will never be great without a franchise QB. If that guy is Kolb, Skelton, or someone else, we must find and establish that QB.

I just don’t know if we have that guy right now, But I know I wouldn’t continue to pay large ammounts of money to any QB that I didn’t believe is my guy.

No pressure Ken and Rod.

18. By dre on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

just sign kolb rework his numbers and if manning goes with us then trade kolb to clevland for a 2 and get somthing for him. if he wants to win he will be wearing red but if hes still believing in a dream of him and his brother playing in super bowl then you can count the cards out

19. By Darren Urban on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Fatdog –

RE: Bell

I’d think they’d still have him on the radar.

20. By Darren Urban on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Vnk –

RE: RT

Could be a FA or a draftee.

21. By Darren Urban on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

AndyStands –

RE: cap

As soon as a contract is reached it has to fit on the cap.

22. By Darren Urban on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Lamehed –

RE: bonus and PM

No. If PM signs somewhere he knows he’s going to start.

23. By Darren Urban on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

KurtM –

RE: Levi

Not official yet.

24. By Darren Urban on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Sack man –

RE: Hasselback

No. I expect Kolb if no PM.

25. By AndyStandsUp on Mar 15, 2012 | Reply

Darren, surprised about the length of the contract (never mind the numbers)?
    I know I am.

26. By straightedgerevenge on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Manning or not I have the utmost faith in the cardinals. Yes it would be amazing if he came to AZ and yes the cardinals would be that much better but they can get the job done with Skelton or Kolb, just look at the last half of the 2011 season. T-minus 11.5 hours til the dust settles.

27. By Daniel C on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

I think that the cards should drop Peyton, and begin to get a better Oline and a new 2 WR instead of waiting for him.

Darren –

If cards arent getting peyton who do you think the will go after in the free agency

28. By Daniel C on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Darren

Could Cardinals pursue Mike wallace as the 2 WR ? or arent there enough cap room?

29. By Eazy E on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Man wtf is the risk? Cut his behind if Peyton takes a little longer. Kolb ain’t worth the money, Peyton definitely is. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and we got a good chance. Skelton played a hell of a lot better than Kolb without question really. I hope Peyton chooses us, but if it passes the deadline and he ain’t decided yet and we payed Kolb 7 million, you will have a bevy of angry fans on your hands and i’m driving that bandwagon.

30. By chad on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

We still need Demetrius Bell, with or without Patton our O-Line needs some work! Wouldn’t mind going after Robert Gallery for cheap to add depth he plays both tackle and guard spots just like Snyder!

31. By Brandon on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Darren: what would you think drafting michael floyd? or an offensive linemen?

32. By Daniel on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Darren

Do you think the cards would release kolb either way or would they keep him?.

I think they should release him, and make a better o line for skelton and go with him instead

33. By BIRDFN on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Kolb will be our starter. Why would u go after hasselbeck? When our defense stepped up in the second half last season and the o-line started blocking skeleton was barely good enough to get us wins. Kolb had much better numbers and he was playing against tougher defenses. True cardinal fans should realize the potential of kolb and look forward to seeing what he can do with a full season under the new system. Forget about PM and let’s give kolb a chance

34. By Thomas77 on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

I’d hope Peyton would at least let AZ know that they aren’t high enough on his radar in time to let AZ make their QB decision. I’d think that’s just a courtesy. But who knows. I’d suspect that even if they did pay Kolb his bonus, and then PM decided on AZ, they’d make it work….

35. By DontTakeLoses on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Darren:

Any word on Deuce’s condition? Discussions with him?
    Erin go braugh,

36. By Cardfancolo on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Oh goodie living in Denver get to hear all the bandwagon donkey fans about manning and have our local news station break from program to see what color shorts Elway and Manning are wearing. Now maybe the Cards can get rolling, so let’s go boys rock n’ roll!

37. By georgiebird on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Time for the Cards to get rid of Kolb-regardless of the PM decision.
    In February 2009, the AZ Cards found out if you lose the SB you are a loser- great season but still a loser. So to follow up with PM- is PM the same guy who has a losing record in the playoffs and is in total ownership of one SB ring to show for 13 NFL seasons.
    My Cards’ strategy is to:
    1) continue to improve the defense
    2) get some explosive players(WR & RB) for the offense
    3) get Levi resigned (all OTs get beat in the NFL)
    4) continue to search for a franchise QB-if not Skelton
    5) hope that Whiz and Graves are better performers than their NFL peers

38. By D on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

I bet Whiz and Graves already know they won’t get PM, 1pm comes, Kolb and Skelton are the QB’s next year. Still need to find a left tackle signed soon and find a WR maybe next week, which if they can, then the 13 draft pick can be figured out to be the best pass rusher available..

39. By ben on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

have the CARDS shown any interest in Legado Naanee wr from sd. and is it a possibility that the Cards with Brown, hopefully Bell, that they would bring Brandon kieth back if the price is rite. is bell going to demand a big payday or are we on his short list of suiters
    Thanks again Mr. Urban for making this free agency experience period even more fan friendly

40. By Larry White on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Hi Darren

Since the Broncos are on there way to see Manning work out I would assume he will not decide on where he goes today. So the balls in our court to decide what we do. Do we cut ties with Kolb or do we hand the ball to Skelton in hopes Peyton chooses us. Tic tic tic boooom.

41. By Steve W on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Can’t say as I blame Manning for not wanting to feel rushed into a decision by a situation outside of his control. That’s just not fair to him. It stinks for the Cards, but that’s the way the cards fall sometimes. No pun intended! :)

That said, I think we stick with Kolb no matter how the PM situation plays out today. Despite the hype over Manning maybe coming to the desert, I’d still love to see what Kolb has to offer our team after a full off-season of working with his teammates. Only concern for me is that concussion he suffered – whether it makes him shy away from contact and affect his game – but the guy seems like a tough player, so I’m willing to believe he plays through it.

And I’m not convinced the Cards have let anyone go due to free agency they wouldn’t have chased whether Manning was interested in us or not. I don’t believe the coaching staff would do that on a whim. Instead I think that the price was just too high to match. Marshall was a great player for the Cards, but Miami obviously were willing to pay through the nose for a player that – from my understanding – was set up as a role player in our defensive system. Too high a price to match for someone who wasn’t going to be in the mix on every down.

42. By Jimmy on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

I think AZ makes the most football sense for PM. I think these other teams have something else working for them, but makes no sense to me. At this point in your career, I figured Cardinals would be a good fit minus a left tackle. Darren, do you think Cardinals brass have….”lost their confidence” enough in Kolb to the point where they might cut him and take their chances with PM, Skelton, and bring in another veteran qb?

43. By cardsalltheway on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Who was it that reported two of the four NFL teams pursuing P. Manning “found the process very difficult” or something like that? Does anyone know the exact quote and who reported it?

44. By Louisville Card on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Hi Darren,

How did the meeting with Michael Bush go is he still on their radar? I also was wondering what would Beanie’s cap number be this year if they kept him and if they released him?

45. By cryanr on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Please tell me Levi won’t be on the left side this season. Surely he’ll move to the right?

46. By andrew pardue on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Darren, do you even think the Cards have a chance at this point in time. I mean its getting late, 9:10 a.m. in AZ. That roster bonus is coming in, in a couple hours. No matter home much i would want Peyton to come to AZ I just dont think its possible. Not only that, But peyton is working out with the Broncos today and Duke. So that might very well end up being his choice. this is going to be a very stressful day!

fingers crossed

47. By Donnie on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Darren, if the Broncos scheduled a workout with Manning, and the Titans are preparing to schedule a workout, will the Cardinals be scheduling a workout as well? I’m getting this info from NFL.com about the workouts…

48. By dondoo58 on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

I would hope Peyton was courteous enough to let the Cards know thier not in his final teams. IF the Cards know now but aren’t sayimg anything for bussiness reasons shame on th

49. By Jahstone on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Don’t wanna play my bro in the NFC Championship…only potentially in the Super Bowl?? That is a lame reason for PM not to sign. The wind is gusty and December is chilly in Denver and Nashville…I’m just sayin’…AZ is the best landing spot…LF would have a 2000 yd season to boot!!!

50. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Daniel C —

RE: Wallace

They aren’t interested.

51. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Brandon —

RE: Drafting Floyd or OL

Sounds lovely.

52. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Daniel —

RE: Kolb

Without PM they are keeping Kolb.

53. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

DontTake —

RE: Deuce

I think with the Snyder signing, Deuce’s time in Arizona is probably over.

54. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Ben —

RE: Other WRs

Have not heard other names.

55. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Larry —

RE: Deadline

If PM hasn’t picked a team by then, I don’t see how the Cards risk not keeping Kolb.

56. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Jimmy —

RE: Kolb confidence

I expect, with no PM, for Kolb to be with Skelton as quarterbacks this season, as I have said many times.

57. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Louisville —

RE: Bush

There was no meeting with Bush. And Beanie’s cap number is less than $2M. He’s not going anywhere.

58. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Donnie —

RE: Workouts

I have not heard.

59. By D on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Since there is not a left tackle in the draft at 13, Cards need to sign Bell in free agency, which should eat up most of our cap. Then you have the options in the draft for either pass rushers Ingram or Upshaw, or MLB Keuchcly or go best WR left on the board….

60. By cryanr on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Are the Cardinals still interested in Wimbley? He’s scheduled to be released today.

61. By cardsalltheway on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Cut K. Kolb ASAP. I’d be satisfied going into the season with Johnny S. and R. Bartel and whoever else we might pick up.

62. By cardinal_1113 on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Everyone in the Arizona franchise should listen to this, including Ken and Rod.\, because the cardinals future can depend on it.

AZ should pay Kolb the bonus, but still keep going after Manning. If Kolb sits behind Manning for 2 or 3 years, Kolb can be 3 times better than he is now, and he can help the cardinals in the future. If Manning wants to come to Arizona, release a couple players that Arizona doesn’t need, maybe like Skelton and upgrade those positions in the draft. This can give every Arizona fan what they dream of (A Super Bowl).

Darren: Do u think this is a good plan that Arizona can rely on?

63. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

cryanr —

RE: Wimbley

Have not heard specifically.

64. By cardsalltheway on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Richard Bartel is better than K. Kolb.

65. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

cardinal_1113 —

RE: QB plan

Sounds good — except for the massive amounts of money you’d be paying your quarterbacks, hamstringing the salary cap.

This isn’t fantasy. Real money changes hands, and that money influences decisions for every team.

66. By smack28 on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Well, it sounds like the Cardinals are completely out of the Manning race according to multiple sources. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

67. By DYlan on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Darren

any chance the cards sign Matt McBriar ?

68. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Dylan —

RE: McBriar

They don’t have a punter yet, so until they do, maybe.

69. By Mike in Mesa on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

BIRDFN:

Kolb and Skelton had almost identical numbers except where it counted. Wins/losses. Skelton since he’s been with Cards is now 8-4 over 2 seasons. Pretty good for a rookie. If we start Kolb I look for another losing season. Unless he has developed some poise in the pocket over the off-season.

70. By azcardswin on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

I commend Michael Bidwill, Rod Graves and Co. for pursuing Manning. Cardinal teams of the 80s and 90s were never as bold about winning as this franchise is now.

With that said the Manning Camp still hasn’t ruled Arizona out as I truly feel they feel its the best offer for Peyton out there. But im ok with Kevin Kolb getting a full season of OTAs, minicamps and training camp and then let all judge him. He’s as talented as any FA QB available this year.

Darren- the Cardinals could still use a #3 WR. Any talk of Hines Ward coming from the Cardinals camp?

Thanks!
    Tim in NJ

71. By cardsalltheway on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

2:40 A.M. here, what is it there? About 2 hours 20 minutes till cut time?

72. By SierraVista Nick on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

One word…Skelton! It’ll be great to see what he can do behind a better line and a real off season to learn. Remember…7-2 with him playing a majority of the game…I count the win Kolb suffered the concussion in the stat. The defense is better and will only get better. Spend the money on the O-line. Already making strides in that area anyway.

73. By Cardfancolo on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Ahh cardsalltheway ever so positive

74. By Mike in Mesa on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

There used to be a TV series on in the sixties called Run for Your Life with Ben Gazzara. If they ever do the Big Screen version I’m sure Kevin Kolb could play the starring role. cardinal_1113 release Skelton and keep Kolb? Put away the shrooms bro. Why would you release the guy who will be the Cards starting QB before the end of next season?

75. By Jahstone on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

One more thought….build a solid team around our great young D and RB’s, and perhaps all we need is Skelton or Kolb or someone to just keep it steady.

Look at the Baltimore and TB Super Bowl victories….they crushed their opponents with an average QB!!!

PM is a huge upgrade, but only one of 53 players. Marino and Fouts never won the big one. Just sayin’ (pt 2)

WE DO THIS TOGETHER!!

76. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

azcardswin —

RE: Ward

No interest in Ward.

77. By SierraVistaNick on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

the one area Skelton needs to improve is reading a defense. Look at Fitz’s numbers when Skelton was throwing the ball versus Kolb’s. He understands that Fitz is never covered.

78. By Chuck 1 on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

It appears that Peyton wants to stay in the AFC since he is going to have “tryouts” with the Broncos and Titans.

However, if he changed his mind and somehow told the Cards that he wanted to sign with them and the Cards had already gave Kolb his bonus today, what do you think that the Cards would do?

I know. I know. It’s purely hypothetical.

79. By Todd from Safford on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

I was really really hoping he would choose the dolphins seeing as how they play the Cardinals this year. Cards defense is up and coming and arguably the best in the league. I’d love to see Darnell – Calais and Company punish peyton for his childish egotistical games he’s been playing. Ya never know they still may get the chance in the Super Bowl. Doubt it though, peyton gonna have more than a price on his arrogant head, he’s gonne have a target on it and I can’t wait to see that helmet, still strapped to his head, leave his body and roll around on the ice cold rock hard turf! He won’t make it through the year.

80. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Chuck 1 —

RE: PM wants Cards

So hard to know. And now with the news the 49ers are in on trying to sign him, this feels like a lot has changed.

81. By Thomas77 on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

If the 9ers get Manning, he’ll have a target on his back from the AZ defense. Neither Dockett nor Adrian Wilson will play nicely.

82. By Ricky on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

hey
    i dont know where else to post this but can you or who ever is in charge of the cardinals homepage please take of the like us on facebook its really annoying when trying to look at the homepage

83. By jonnyb on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

I dint understand people that think kolb is the future in his very limited starts he has already had two concussion a turf toe Darren, how many starts has Kolb missed since philly and az

84. By Darren Urban on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

jonnyb —

RE: Missed games

I assume you mean because of injury? I believe he only missed one in Philly. Plus seven last year.

85. By Scott H on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

As I said before, I was glad to see the Cardinals put their hat into the ring with this Manning situation. But it seemed pretty clear pretty quick that we weren’t really a player. After he visited, there was practiaclly no buzz at all about him landing here while the Broncos and Titans were being mentioned everywhere you looked or listened. Did Manning just not have any real interest in coming here? Maybe, and maybe that’s the reason why the Cardinals appeared less aggressive. But the fact is that they CLEARLY appeared less aggressive. Fine. Whether either the Cardinals OR Manning may have decided early on that it just wasn’t gonna happen, I’m fine with that.

What I am NOT fine with is the fact that while we were supposedly in the running for Peyton Manning, we weren’t doing jack @!%# in regard to FA and that’s about as much as we have accomplished to this point. For the second consecutive FA period, we CLEARLY needed an up-grade at WR and TO THIS DAMN DAY, signing Chansi Stuckey is all we’ve done. Well, no, Chaz Shilens also visited our parking lot…OK, I forgot about that. My bad. But COME ON, MAN….again, the lack of results is just pathetic.

86. By BIRDFN on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

Skelton got lucky to play the second half when our defense and the running game stepped up. He is a very inaccurate passer. Kolb is the best option. All the so called fans who believe in skeleton so much that u are ready to dump kolb are crazy. With a full off season the offense will click with kolb

87. By cardsalltheway on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

“Worn out” is what must’ve happened to Ken W. and Co….

“A league source tells PFT that some of the suitors for his services are tiring of the process. As the source put it, at least two of the remaining teams in the chase are getting “worn out,” but they are putting up with it because the prize continues to be, well, getting Peyton Manning.”

I’d bet that the Cardinals were one of the “suitors.” Really though, does sitting at your desk talking on the phone wear you out?

There’s No Whining in football.

88. By Rosie on Mar 16, 2012 | Reply

This team wasted ALOT of money today! Kolb taking a dime is robbery! Another season of crap!

89. By William Barry on Mar 18, 2012 | Reply

A veteran QB, behind Kolb or Skelton would do just fine…someone who will mentor the two, and help with game planning…now that Peyton is off the radar..Also a good WR would help our chances next year as well.