William Gay a Card? Yes, William Gay a Card

Posted by Darren Urban on March 25, 2012 – 7:31 am

So overnight — I was sleeping; I do that in the middle of the night — free agent cornerback William Gay tweeted out a message about watching college track and added, “O yeah by the way I’m #Birdgang now west coast

Not sure what that means to you, but I’d interpret that as Gay choosing the Cards to play for in 2012.

Now, there is nothing official. Haven’t seen anything reported anywhere else, and there certainly has not been any official announcement from the team yet. If this is true, I wouldn’t expect to hear anything official until Monday. Maybe it hasn’t happened. If they do get Gay, there is a veteran replacement for the just departed Richard Marshall. The Cards need that depth (which is why they are/were chasing Gay in the first place.)

UPDATE: It is official. Confirmed that Gay has agreed to a two-year contract to reunite with defensive coordinator Ray Horton.

Tags: ,

72 Responses to “William Gay a Card? Yes, William Gay a Card”

1. By Seanham3 on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

If this is true man what a good pick up by the Cards. William has always been a decent corner who knows Hortons scheme. Great move for the Defense! That is if this is true…..

2. By Card1 on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

(If True)then that is a really good pickup. good job cards keep it going

3. By azcardsfan37 on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

This would be a great pick especially since he knows the defense. Darren, any chance they go after Asante Samuel and any word on Bell?

4. By Darren Urban on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Azcards -

RE: Samuel/Bell

They will not chase Samuel. If they get Gay, why would they? As for Bell, if there is info, I promise to pass it on. Don’t need to keep asking.

5. By Bryce on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Would be a solid pick-up and good for competition as Toler and Jefferson heal/develop.

Do you know if the full “Cardinals Flight Plan” video will be posted at any point? Missed it last night and wanted to check it out.

6. By MS on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

The Cardinals are the west coast STEELERS: look at where most free agents came including head and asst coach.

7. By Rich on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

I still hope we bring back Michael Adams.

8. By ben on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

darren
    a little off topic, but is there any indication of whether or not the youngins will get a crack at starting at olb, i think they might be a pretty formidable pass rushing duo if they get a chance at starting. just wondering your opinion. think maybe 10 a piece at least.
    thanks GO CARDS

9. By louis on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

will card’s make playoffs.

10. By Scharf on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

How do you assess how good an offensive lineman is? I know how good Cardinals offensive lineman are because I have watched them over and over again. But when assessing another teams lineman – what stats are you looking for?

I was just curious because a player like Bell, I have no idea how to judge. whether he is a great pickup or just a good pickup.

11. By DEFENSEMAN on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

As a die-hard steelers fan since 1977, I think many steelers fans would agree with my opinion on Gay. He is an average nickelback, at best (that is his strongest asset). He is a good tackler if the receiver makes the catch in front of him (which he will always allow ie he cannot prevent this as he is not good enough). If a receiver runs pass him on a route Gay will either trip and fall down, or he will just get beat by an average speed receiver. Gay may get 1 interception per season. This against number 2 receivers. He will not cause any fumbles. He may knock down 2% of passes thrown in his direction. Normally when a pass is thrown in Gays direction the receiver will have a reception. Gay has no ball skills. He is kind of just there. Pittsburghs weakness is their cornerback position. It says a lot that they do not even want him back considering other than Ike Taylor (and Gay) we have no proven cornerback on the roster. Remember Bryant McFadden? Gay is not even half as good as him, and that should tell you guys what the Cardinals are getting. I don´t like when the steelers lose players, but in this instance I am actually very happy.

12. By Tucson Cardinal on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Nice. I hope Gay works out well for us, he was pretty good in Pitt.

Hopefully we can get a good OT for the right price now.

13. By AndyStandsUp on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Any idea if the deal is less than the Marshall Dolphin contract?
    Would be very disappointed if not at least, 2/3 of it.

14. By shannon robinson on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Adding Mr. Gay is excellent! The power of the allure of working for Ray Horton again must be immense. After watching this defense live I am very impressed with how complicated the schemes are – just to figure out who’s blitzing and how many Cards are gunning at once is almost incomprehensible – hard enough to follow as a fan much less play. This is a buyer’s market and with the cap almost the same as last year there will be alot of good players who will be desperate to find a landing spot for a year or two till the big TV money kicks in. Personally I think this is one of the best off-seasons the Cards have had. I think now the roster is basically complete – a few finish-up signings – Walker, Holliday, Haggans, Zastudil, and Leach for less money and then on to the draft. Wild Card is Dallas’ former #4 draft choice out of Texas Tech, Brandon Williams. Coach Whiz wasn’t exaggerating when he said the same guys will be mostly coming back.

15. By Deaf Joe on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

So happy about that pick. Now I can sleep.

16. By Big B on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Darren, I am a Cardinal fan in California and get most of my information from this website. I am have notcied on more than one occasion your rude replys to fans. We as fans want information and unfortunately you are part of that process. You should show a little more patience and respect when fans ask you a question, all they want is to be “part” of the team.

17. By Gogogocards on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Nice pickup and great news!

On another subject – I just don’t get it, it seemed to me that manning to Denver was the best most perfect gift in the world to Tim Tebow. The guy is clearly not an NFL starter, but has some gifts. So the chance to spend a few years learning from the best in the business, hone his craft – no interest?

Just seems like everyone is so enamored of the guy, no one was willing to see the obvious arrogance there. Tebow should have been the guy saying “yes, let’s go get him” – the right attitude and it could have been a huge win win.

18. By theuglitruth on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Any logic in allowing Richard Marshall to get away, while still keeping a guy like Stewart Bradley to stay? Marshall was arguably the Defensive MVP vs. Bradley who was arguably last year biggest FA bust.

Thanks!

19. By Darren Urban on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Bryce -

RE: flight plan

It won’t be posted in entirety, but the pieces will be repackaged and posted.

20. By Darren Urban on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Ben -

RE: OLB

At this point, who else would they use there?

21. By Darren Urban on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Scharf –

RE: assessing OL

I think it is difficult to really know unless watch almost all their work and also know whatbtheybare being asked to do and their scheme.

In other words, I don’t judge Bell because I have no idea. I know the Cards are interested, but at a price Bell right now probably interested in playing for. And I know the Bills let him hit free agency.

22. By Darren Urban on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

AndyStands -

RE: contract

No idea on the terms. Hasnt even signed it yet.

23. By Darren Urban on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Theuglitruth -

RE: Bradley/Marshall

Marshall was a free agent. Bradley was under contract. Apples and oranges.

24. By in fitz we trust on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

i wonder if william gay sells alot of jerseys lol im gonna buy a “gay” jersey just for the $hits an gigs lol

25. By CORMAC on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Let the fans ask the questions, that guy was not being rude, he was just asking a simple question. Perhaps he did not see your earlier replies. Patience is a virtue….If your tired of your job , give it to me, because I eat , drink and breath red.

26. By CORMAC on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

The difference between Richard Marshall and William Gay is actually alot.

Marshall played 6 years and achieved 501 solo tackles and 17 int in that time.

Gay, played 5 years and got 193 solo tackles, and 3 interceptions.

Thats a big difference. I hope his blitzing skills help even it out, and the pay… But I am still sad at Marshalls departure. After looking at all his stats, I see what a huge blow it was….

27. By Rich on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

To MS…..

How many Cards are former Steelers? Not many, maybe not any under contract right now other than Gay.

28. By Peter in Canada on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Darren – Your reply to Scharf was interesting to hear you say that you can’t judge offensive linemen. I can’t judge them either and I don’t believe that any fan can. We have no access to film, to the coaches they have played for, to the players and coaches they have played against and as you say the scheme. they play within and you have more access than the fans. It is an area best left to the professionals IMO.

29. By Rich on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

For all these people who say the Cards are the Steelers West, please let us know how many Cards currently under contract are former Steelers. I think almost NONE ! Gay (when he signs), Butler (may not even make the team), maybe Eason. That’s it. Am I correct?

30. By Jeremiah on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

@Scharf

To further answer your question, especially when it comes to offensive lineman. I like to look for expert analysis online. What I have read on Bell is that he is a solid tackle when healthy, but has struggled to stay healthy over his career thus far.

31. By Dominaysean on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Gay was a starting CB in the #1 rated pass defense last year. With his familiarity of Ray Hortons schemes this was a no brainer. Steeler fans will say he is garbage and a few years ago I would have believed them but last year he had a solid season. Good pick up.

32. By AL on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

DEFENSEMAN seems a little bitter.

33. By Dr_Travis on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Excited for 2012….Go Redbirds!
    The D is vastly improved and going to be our identity. Aggressive and fast!
    Skelton vs. Kolb? Not sure that Kolb has the pocket presence to be really good but let’s hope I’m wrong. If not, Skelton impressed esp. for his rookie season. I remember Aikman going 1-15 his rookie year and Skelton had like 4 fourth qtr comebacks and a record of 7-2; he reminds me a lot of Big Ben – not flashy but has a lot of heart and gets the job done. Then RW coming back! What a formidable 1-2 punch that will be. Then Fitz/Roberts/Doucet returning. Hopefully we can get N. Dame’s Floyd in the draft. That would be a sick receiving corps. And Finally our 3rd phase is solid as well. Peterson and LSH are threats to take it to the house everytime. I am seriously impressed with the job that Coach Whiz and staff have done. No more “Same old Cards”, that is of the past! Now it is “We Do This Together” and I love it. Kuddos to Michael Bidwell and Rod Graves for turning this around. Former perrineal losers are now a legit contender for the NFC West title every year. Keep up the good work and we will keep the Birds Nest rocking. P.S. Love the all Red Unis

34. By bluepitt on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Im not sold,,,, we got Mc Fadden and he sucked, every one in Pitt and on their bords say he gets torched to much….IDK… We will see.

35. By johnnybluenose on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

hey gogogocards. are you kidding me? tebow isn’t matt lineart. tebow would not be content to collect a lot of money to stand on the sidelines with a ballcap backwards on his head. he wants to play! and with manning as quarterback, not only would he not play, not one snap, he would not even get any reps in practice once the season starts. the jets actually plan on letting him play once in awhile. maybe more than once in awhile if sanchez is inconsistent. and, some people actually want to see him play if for no other reason than to find out if he can be a good nfl quarterback. no way that happens if he stays in denver. i am going to new york to see the jets play the cardinals. i hope tebow gets to play. nice to see that william gay signed. i hope he’s good. we need him to be, that’s for sure.

36. By Scott H on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Whatever. Who would have preferred that Richard Marshall stayed here in the first place? If Gay ends up being a good player here, then he will be the FIRST of the many ex-Steelers we’ve signed in the last several years to do so.

37. By Chuck 1 on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

To Big B:

Get a dictionary.

Darren appears “rude” (IYO) from fans asking the same question OVER AND OVER AND OVER ………….

and from them asking STUPID questions.

38. By Jon L on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

hey Darren,
    I saw fitz yesterday which was pretty cool, Do you think the cards will draft a WR to help him out a little bit?

39. By Darren Urban on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Rich -

RE: former Steelers

Other than the ones you mentioned, Haggans is also ex-Pitt.

40. By Darren Urban on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Jon L -

RE: WR

I think they will address it one way or the other.

41. By Dr_Travis on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

#1 Pick in draft better be offensive lineman
    I think that Doucet and Roberts step it up and maybe Stephen Williams. We need another receiver in the draft but not with the first pick. Also I think Rob Housler turns out to be a huge asset in the passing game. We need the best tackle available at 13 even if we get Demetrius Bell. I would also understand if we take Melvin Ingram or Upshaw or Kuechly or Hightower to round out a sick linebacking corps. Can’t wait for the draft!

42. By Big B on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

To .Chuck 1
    YOU need to get a dictionary- Rude means “unpolite” among many other things depending on the context. Free agency is the only thing going on right now so of course fans will continue to ask the same questions. The moves the team makes right now will affect the upcoming draft that is why fans keep asking. Darren has the choice not to answer those questions he feels are redundant. If you have ever been in a position of authority you would understand professionalism.

43. By in fitz we trust on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

were gonna get riley reiff at 13.PERIOD the only OT thats gonna be taken between #3 and # 12 is gonna be matt kalil. all the teams between 3-12 have bigger needs than a ot. thats my prediction.

1. luck 2. griffin 3. kalil 4.blackmon ( or richardson ) 5.richardson ( or blackmon ) 6. claiborne 7.ingram ( who i really want but no ways hes falling to 13 ) 8. tannehill ( miami NEEDS TO TAKE THIS QB) 9.coples ( another pass rusher i really want but it aint happening at 13) 10. kuechly 11. gilmore 12. poe 13 REIFF….. we in a good postion to get this guy, if someone earlier gets him ( which i doubt ) then that lets a pass rusher slide one more spot closer to us. were in a good position, i like it.

if hes not there for some reason we should trade with detroit or clevelands late pick an get mike adams OT an get a 2nd pick out of it.

thts how i see the draft going down lol

44. By sunday on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

I read the blog all the time even though i rarely comment.But i can telll it is so frastuating to Darren when some fans ask dumb questions and you cant force him to give imformation he aint sure about then he will be inconsistent plus he is not a coach. Therefore i look at people who get upset with him they just mad about they football knowledge now they want Darren to be their feeder yet he is writing of what he has knowledge about.A fan,just like us.

45. By cardsalltheway on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

Call it off, tweeting overnight calls questions to the players personal life. Rats with the update!

46. By cardsalltheway on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

Remember, we have another former Steeler on the team. Congrats with a barf in between. I’d like to mention that Ken W. was hired presumably to bring the Steeler style of football but we haven’t seen much of the run and I doubt we will anytime soon even though it would probably help our pathetic OL.

Andrew Perloff (“McLovin”, nicknamed after being referred to as the Superbad character’s father) of the ‘Danettes’ on the Dan Patrick show said ~

“LOSER = My AZ Cardinals, why even dip your toe in the P. Manning thing and then sign the least effective tackle in the NFL with Levi Brown, that Offensive Line is still going to be a sieve and disaster, I fear for my buddy there in Arizona.”
    His buddy must be Kevin Kolb since he likes everything Philadelphia.

47. By D on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

Good signing for AZ. Hopefully they still can sign OT D. Bell, V Holliday and maybe a TE upgrade…

If AZ goes WR route with #13 pick, then some OLB names for the 3rd round:

J. Kaddu OR
    B. Irvin W VA
    R. Lewis OK
    N. Bradham FSU

48. By CORMAC on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

I agree with In Fitz We Trust- RILEY REIFF will be who the coaches go after. If he is gone expect the cards to trade down to pick up some extra draft pics. This kid is big , strong and most importantly… SMART

49. By cards62 on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

To In Fitz we trust

Would you trade up to get Kalil if Minnesota does not draft him?
    I would as he is a best player and at our biggest position on need.

Are you sold on the T out of Iowa Riley? Do you think he is a sure thing to be a very good player, and that much better/safer than Martin or Adams or the G/T out of Georgia?
    Do you trade down and pick up a 2nd Rounder if Riley is there at 13 and you have a chance to trade down?

Thanks for your insight on Riley and go Cardinals.

50. By cardsalltheway on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

D,
    “and maybe a TE upgrade…”
    He he he!!! Sounds like the Cards at the RB, CB, etc…position. I think we have enough TE’s, unless you want to waste another pick at that position? We do need to draft another RB or pick one up if ~ more like when Wells gets hurt. I’d be satisfied with picking a RB up whenever needed at the last minute because the ordinary way hasn’t worked out very well in the past. Play call, run through the 2,4, etc.. hole. Really Ken W., how difficult is it?

51. By cardsalltheway on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

You don’t get/play a RB and then complain that he doesn’t block. You get a RB and make him block or cut his you know what or you get fired for drafting such an X – bag to begin with. Stop Making Excuses!

52. By cardsalltheway on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

Help me with this one?
    Of course this doesn’t happen, scouts get a free pass. Name me one scout who has been fired in the past 25 years?

53. By cardsdraftjunkie on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

Just doing a mock draft for the cards now that we are filling even more gaps.

1st round- Courtney Upshaw OLB- Alabama… Elite pash rusher help is hard to find and at 6’2 272 with his speed he is an instant plug in game changer that will force bad throws for patrick peterson to pick off and take to the house…

2nd round- no pick traded to eagles last year for kolb

3rd round- Juron Criner WR- Arizona… A deep threat who gets the ball at its highest point… big target with freakish catching ability that will help fitz from day one

4th round- Vontaze Burfict MLB- Arizona State… Early mocks had him projected in the top ten and after a terrible combine effort this kind of talent can be picked up late and we can whip him into shape with daryl washington sam acho and the addition of courtney upshaw its easy to imagine they would have the best young core in football for many years to come… also in picking local talent you create buzz from local fans who watched these guys grow up do i need to bring up terrell suggs and the missed opportunity we had there

5th round- Andrew Datko OT- FSU… More depth is needed on our Oline

6th round- Cliff Harries DB- Oregon… Speed and return skills that could make a serious helpful addition to our young defense already

6th round- Trevor Guyton DE- California… more depth behind Campbell and Dockett will help us keep pressure on opposing quarterbacks

7th round- Offensive lineman best available

54. By D on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

re: cardsalltheway

TE upgrade= someone that is productive and plays all 16 games..ie, cut Mr. Heap if one can be found.
    (Housler and King are solid, but you need more than 2)

55. By drummer-1 on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

@ cardsalltheway..
    The only thing you need help with is your attitude… Like i said once before, have you noticed Darren hasn’t responded to you in like 4 months, maybe if people like myself stop responding to you, you will go away..Fingers Crossed…You really must have a sad life..

56. By in fitz we trust on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

@ cormac……..i just dont see us trading up to get kalil, we dont have a 2nd round pick, and i dont think our first pick at 13 and any of our picks this year will be enough. i dont think we would want to sacfafice as much this draft, unless we give up 2 first picks, one this year and one next year ( if minny would even do that considering what washington gave up for one pick earlier )but that would be a huge step to take

i like riley at LT…. not sold on martin….. i like adams but not at 13, we would benfit trading down for him an hopefully getting a 2nd rounder this draft out of it

57. By Randy on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

Darren – I heard Daryn Colledge restructured his contract. Is this to make room for Bell??????

58. By Rio on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

I HAVE A GREAT IDEA , WHY NOT PICK UP SOME EX GIANTS INSTEAD OF EX STEELERS.

59. By John the draft guy on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

In Fitz we trust and Cards62;

I’ve seen time and time again, big powerful guys with good feet, who played LT in college get pushed up into the top of the board, inspite of obvious flaws. Rieff has short arms ( a la Robert Gallery) He could be an outstanding RT or guard, but that raises a flag for me at LT.

Trading down and looking at Adams makes much more sense. Going up to get Kalil will take next years #1, and I’m not will to spend 2 number ones on a LT when there are others on the board.

Cardsalltheway;
    Barry Sanders didnt block. I’m just saying..

On another note, I just heard Cleveland may want to trade out of the 4 spot. Could we see Cinncy come up for claiborne or Richardson? Interesting.

60. By Darren Urban on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

Randy –

RE: Colledge

Just wrote a post on it.

61. By D on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

I am sure Mr. Graves would accept all the fans ideas of “just move back in the draft”, it takes 2 teams to do this people, and if 1 of the 5-6 difference makers slip to 13, then yes most likely they will be able to do that, but I don’t see many top flight players in this draft that many teams will be in a hurry to move up to get…so the odds are good that the Cards will be stuck at 13.

I don’t see the 2 only good prospects at Left tackle being there at 13, and I don’t see a V. Miller type at OLB either. They shouldn’t reach for a tackle because of need, remember all of you L. Brown haters of why he is playing right tackle now…

62. By Todd on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

If the Cardinals could nab Bell or another good tackle in FA, that would change the whole dynamic of their draft. Instead of having to draft o line in the first round, they could trade down and maybe get a 2nd or 3rd round pick from a team that has multiple. Then I would go after a 2nd WR in the late first round who can spread the field. Stephen Hill WR from Georgia Tech is big and ran near 4.3 at the combine. If we got Bell, this could be a decent line like this opening game:

Bell LT, Colledge LG, Sendein C, Snyder RG, Brown RT

This should be a great run offensive line and decent pass protecting line with some depth.

Add a big burner like Hill at WR, a pass rusher in round 2, depth on defense in the later rounds, get injured Toler, Dan and Ryan Williams back and I am getting excited already for the season!

63. By Eazy E on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

Darren-

Maybe they would get samuel to answer your question even with gay on board because samuel is much better than anything we got without question including Gay. Samuel is on his way to the HOF with numbers and 2 super bowls and went to 3, Damn!

64. By clssylssy on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

I heard the news yesterday when my Steeler friends were crying the blues about Gay..lol!…that had to be a first! I actually checked it out on Twitter!I All these people keep moaning that we aren’t running the ball but I just watched a replay of the Panther/Card game the other day and I would say that Beanie, P. Peterson and Doucet did some very impressive running! That ole “Cards need to learn how to run the ball” dog don’t hunt anymore. Coach Whisenhunt is doing a great job at balancing the run and passing game but change doesn’t happen over night. I like the way we have begun to make use of our TEs. As far as ex-Giants on our team, I’d be afraid they would “put themself down” rather than take a hit…would rather have a Steel-man any day…lol!

65. By cardsalltheway on Mar 27, 2012 | Reply

John the Draft Guy,
    “Barry Sanders didn’t block.”
    That’s probably correct for the most part, but hardly anybody blocked for him either. Nor did the Lions head coach complain at least publicly(?), like I’ve heard Ken W. do with B. Wells etc…~ must pass block for new QB(Kolb) who “doesn’t know the plays yet” on many obvious running plays.

66. By cards62 on Mar 27, 2012 | Reply

To In Fitz we trust, John the draft guy and cards draft junkie

Good points all gentlemen. I know this is wishful thinking on my part, but sometimes Minnesota can go another way and I am hoping they will and also hoping we would only have to move up 4 places to get Kalil at # 9 based upon other teams needs from 4 to 9.

Being more realistic at # 13 if we can not move down I live David Decastro, G, Stranford, Dontari Poe, NT Memphis, and junkie pick Courtney Upshaw a 272lb outside linebacker. Reading about all the players in the draft I just really like these 3 young men. I think Decastro is the safest pick, but I will be happy with any of these 3 players. I hope we can sign Bell OT, in free agency.

Junkie you like Criner WR out of Arizona with your 3rd round pick, but I like this WR out of the U with our 3rd round pick. His name is Tommy Streeter, he had a productive junior year and he is 6’5″ 220 LBs and the best part is he runs a 4.4 40. Your guy Criner I think has better hands & ball skills, but only runs a 4.7 40. I think we need more speed to open the field for Fitz, Doucet, Roberts, Heap, and Housler.

Enjoying March Madness and next on the list is the NFL Draft.
    Go Cards!

67. By William Barry on Apr 5, 2012 | Reply

Darren –great post on Stewart Bradley situation, and it would be great to sign William Gay, he would be a great addition to team.

68. By Gunner Peters on Apr 10, 2012 | Reply

Belatedly: Now that I’ve finally climbed out from under my rock….Any move like adding an established SB winner such as William Gay can only help bolster a Cards roster even more. Kudos go ‘Birds brass for this free agency move!

2. Mar 25, 2012: Pittsburgh Steeler Fans » William Gay Tweets He’s Joining the Cardinals
  3. Mar 25, 2012: William Gay a Cardinal (And other News) | Daily Internet News