A-Dub acts out in Hawaii

Posted by Darren Urban on April 10, 2012 – 11:57 am

Adrian Wilson, actor.

OK, not really.

In fact, that was stressed by Wilson today when he talked about his cameo on the CBS TV series “Hawaii Five-O” during Monday night’s episode. (h/t to commenter Chad D. for the heads-up.) “I don’t want this to be, ‘He’s Hollywood this, Hollywood that,’ ” Wilson said. “It’s not something I want to get known for. At the same time, you don’t want to pass on an opportunity.”

Still, there was Wilson, looking intimidating as usual as a prison guard during a scene of the episode “Ha’Alele” (which can be seen on CBS.com right now. Wilson’s scene is around the 18-minute mark.) He even delivers a line (well, in my amateur opinion): “You ready to go back?” Wilson said he had about 10 lines, “but they cut it all out. I felt like I did pretty good.”

The scene was shot while Wilson was in Hawaii recently, although his spot in the show was somewhat of a fluke. One of his publicists, Carrie Carnie, got to talking to one of the producers of the show on an airline flight. Turned out the producer was a fan of Wilson’s and the role was created. It’s not exactly Wilson’s arena, though. While the actual scene was being shot, it was fun, he said. But mostly, “there was a lot of time in between shots, just waiting around.”

It was a chance to do something new. But don’t expect Wilson to be the next Fred Dryer or anything.

“I’m a football player,” Wilson said.

Tags: ,

12 Responses to “A-Dub acts out in Hawaii”

1. By Nick on Apr 10, 2012 | Reply

He should have knocked that guys block off! I would have been nervous as hell too with ADub staring at me with his cannons crossed.

2. By actingcoachforAW on Apr 10, 2012 | Reply

Awesome for Wilson to get that opportunity with Tom Brady being on Entourage and Peyton getting to say rub some dirt on it in commercials it is great for our teams best career player since our move to AZ to represent us. Now Darren, my question is what are you hearing about visits anyone you are aloud to mention or are the cards asking for secrecy? I mean Nick Foles? Juron Criner? Markelle Martin? Michael Floyd? Sean Spense? LaMichael James? I know they all aren’t early round guys but from watching the cardinals all my life and seeing what continuing elite teams possess I would have comparisons for every player on this board to players in the NFL that are not bad guys to be compared to

Foles I see as a 3rd or 4th round guy if we are lucky compared to Troy Aikman

Criner has Randy Moss like ability going up against a down field and making a catch no where near the speed but his ability to go up and fight for spectacular catches was mind blowing watching UofA

Markelle Martin reminds me of Adrian honestly just raw

Michael Floyd reminds me of a Brandon Marshall or T.O. he’ll have big upside with a huge headache

Sean Spense is a bit undersized but reminds me of Michael Boyle

LaMichael James reminds me of Darren Sproles

all could be middle to late round picks except floyd and I truthfull don’t want him but you don’t always get what you want in the draft

3. By Darren Urban on Apr 10, 2012 | Reply

actingcoach —

RE: Visits

I have seen a couple guys come through but they aren’t guys I recognize and the Cards haven’t announced visits. It was reported ASU CB Omar Bolden visited today. I did see that. But honestly, I don’t know how much the visits really mean. Some visits are from small school guys that don’t have a pro day and don’t go to the combine.

I can’t say much for the comparisons. To me, Moss is all about his speed so to compare him to a Criner who doesn’t have that speed doesn’t make much sense.

4. By D on Apr 10, 2012 | Reply

Darren-
    Based on the most likely players available on the board for the Cards picks in two weeks and two days and with need playing a part in some areas, Here is my draft that you can feel free to foward up to Keim, Whiz and Graves….

Round 1: D. DeCastro G
    Round 3: M Schwartz OT
    Round 4: J. Kaddu OLB
    Round 5: D. Ihenacho SS
    Round 6: T. Streeter WR
    Round 6: K. Brown DE

5. By AndyStandsUp on Apr 10, 2012 | Reply

It seems the Cards defense likes to be in the “big show” with Wilson and Kerry Rhodes (Lady Gaga video) and aspiring actors Calais Campbell and Darnell Dockett. (Well, Dockett’s wish involves a shower scene. And does he still have that alligator/crocodile, BTW?)

Wasn’t Matt Leinart in a movie while with AZ? (And not the hot tub ones.)

6. By Skiptim on Apr 11, 2012 | Reply

Excuse me Mr. Urban, how far into it does Dub-salad have his line? I skipped to 18 minutes in and watched the remainder of that scene, and I didn’t see his line, or the image you posted for the blog.

7. By kauaicardsfan on Apr 11, 2012 | Reply

Auright, Bookem ADUB!!!

8. By Darren Urban on Apr 11, 2012 | Reply

Skiptim —

RE: Wilson

I’d have to see it again, but the scene plays out in a prison interrogation room with all the main characters talking to a prisoner. At the end of the scene is Adrian’s line, right before a “commercial” break.

9. By clssylssy on Apr 11, 2012 | Reply

LOVE seeing my Cards on TV whether it be a commercial or in a TV show…even watched Kurt on nick (wholesome but painful…arg!). With the number of movies being shot in the valley I would think this a great opportunity for the players and a win/win. Wish I had known A-Dub was going to be in Hawaii 5-0, I would have made an effort to watch it. LOL! Sounds like fun:)

10. By William Barry on Apr 15, 2012 | Reply

Darren–DeCastro would be a great OL pick for the Cards, at 13..According to ProFootball weekly, he would be a great OG, a safe pick, and could start immediately…

2. Apr 10, 2012: A-Dub acts out in Hawaii
  3. Jul 18, 2012: Word From the Birds Blog | Peterson won’t be SpongeBob, but you get the idea