• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.
  • Fri., May. 23, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp.
  • Sat., May. 24, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp

After the Floyd pick, and other notes

Posted by Darren Urban on April 26, 2012 – 9:06 pm

If I am Andre Roberts, there isn’t anything else I can really say but bring it on. And that’s what the Cards’ receiver did — in the right way — by embracing the Michael Floyd draft choice by calling it “a great pick.” He said on XTRA 910 that the Cards needed another receiver because “it is a passing league.” How he deals with this — or how Early Doucet does — will be one of the stories of camp. Floyd is a No. 1 draft pick. He’s not a third-rounder like Roberts and Doucet once were. He’s going to have to play. He’s supposed to play. In some ways, this feels like the wide receiving corps has come full-circle (at least potentially) since the 2008 draft, when Doucet was taken and joined Fitz, Boldin and Breaston.

But as Whiz said, “Michael Floyd hasn’t done one thing in this league as a player.” He must prove himself. And we all know how Whisenhunt prefers to deal with rookies, at least at first.

– The Cards will get a tackle at some point. Maybe even the next pick, in the third round. “I think there will be opportunities there,” general manager Rod Graves said. “We certainly hope so. We are not going to do it at the expense of other magnificent players.” In other words, we need to stick to the draft board.

– In the feedback I have gotten, some aren’t thrilled the Cards passed on T Riley Reiff to take Floyd. Here’s my analogy: It was the flip-side of Levi Brown/Adrian Peterson of 2007. You have to take the player you feel is the best, and go from there. That’s what the Cards did. You can’t take a guy for need if the other guy is rated so much better. You just can’t.

Is Fitz happy the Cards have Floyd? Yes. Did they take him for Fitz? I absolutely don’t believe that. I think they thought that much of him as a player. That the team’s star likes him is a bonus.

– I will be honest: I thought the Cards were going to end up trading. I was wrong.

– Never say never, but don’t be waiting for a second-round pick. They just don’t have the ammunition to get into the second round. “We’re not going to sit idle,” Graves said. “As it stands right now, we don’t have a second-round pick so there is not a lot we can do but wait. We will see what happens.”

– Floyd, on the plan to start from Day One: “That’s my goal. I’m going to keep working hard. That’s in my arsenal, that’s in my head that I’m a workaholic. I’m going to work hard to get in that position.”

– Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly couldn’t stop raving about Floyd’s work ethic, how he grew from his off-field problems, and how he graduated with a degree in sociology in 3 1/2 years. “You could consider Mike a raw receiver in a sense that he can get better in the technical elements of route running and things of that nature,” Kelly said. “But he is certainly a guy that attacks the football and attacks defenders. And blocking, he is an outstanding blocker.”

Tags: , , , , , ,

71 Responses to “After the Floyd pick, and other notes”

1. By Mike Ellingboe on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

@Darren,

With the way the first round was going I thought they were going to trade down as well, which begs a couple of questions. First, do you think they had offers but had Floyd graded so high that it wasn’t a considerationi to move down at that point? Second, do you think having the Rams at #14, and their trio of second round picks influenced not moving down as well? Personally, I would have hated seeing them get Floyd and having the pick of the litter tomorrow.

Thankfully Seattle is writing the book on how to reach in round one, with SF following their lead this year. Irvin and Jenkins in round one? Seriously?

2. By Blake Allen Murphy on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Welcome to Arizona, Michael Floyd! Good to see you in Cardinal Red!

Do you know of any OT’s that could be there in the 3rd that Arizona could have interest in?

Also, any chance of Emmanuel Acho being drafted to play here?

3. By D.Day on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Definitely watched this draft to see this happen. Hoped we pick him up ,because Seattle was right before us(before they traded) and the Rams right after two division rivals. NOw we have 2 threats, hopefully out tight ends can stretch the middle.Look Out League….

4. By Soares20 on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Great comparison Darren. glad most of us are happy with Floyd. If we drafted Reiff and the next pick the rams would have grabbed Floyd and we would have to deal with him for years to come and everyone would spite the front office for taking Reiff instead of Floyd. There is so much depth for O line in this draft. I will admit though we still should grab a tackle at some point this draft even if it’s a slight reach.

5. By Born n Bred on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

(thiis is a passing league) wow.. You make what you are..This is football after all ppl, dont forget that. although what the rules favor.. I do think Floyd will be a good to greaat reciever eventually.. but when your a horrible team, you go best available. when your a good to great team patch your holes..especially the one thats been the weakest in this passing league i hear so much of..

All this tells me is 2 good to great RBs will share 20-22 carries(mark my words) in a pass happy shotgun totin O… Also you Skeleton Lovers will get your wish because thats where theyre going to his stregth of passing happy. And not what was promised in ball control and keep the chains moving O that will benefit what this oline strength is..under center, mix in the gun..run the ball..

But hey ill be optimistic with what they do to patch and add depth were it is needed..

6. By Darren Urban on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Mike –

RE: trade/Rams

Graves said the Rams had nothing to do wih the choice. As for a trade, yes, Graves said no offers were worth it.

7. By Darren Urban on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Blake –

RE: OT/acho

Haven’t looked at the OTs. Acho is possible.

8. By DANGER49 on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

SEATTLE AND SF REALLY REACHED AND COULD OF GOTTEN THOSE PLAYERS IN THE NEXT ROUND. AZ GOT A GREAT PLAYER AND THIS WILL HELP US GET BACK ON TOP IN OUR DIVISION.

9. By Prashant on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Darren, do you think Floyd can be elite? I think we scored a top 5 quality pick at #13!

10. By drstiegler on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Fitz/Floyd/Roberts/Doucet – very nice!! Great Job Cards. It was surprising to see Ingram, Floyd and Reiff there at 13. I’m glad it worked out that way b/c that means the Cards got THEIR man as opposed to settling for someone b/c there were only two of those coveted players left. I still would have loved to see Ingram in Cards Red but we could only get one. Kudos for making the sexy pick. IN WHIZ I TRUST! Floyd’s youtube highlights are ridiculous. He looks like he could be a #1 WR on most teams and Fitz will only make him better plus Fitz will have more room to continue his domination. Wow I am excited. I wonder what number he is going to wear. Maybe if #3 is his thing, then #13 will work for him since he was the 13th overall pick anyway. Plus I think having 11, 12 and 13 on the field at the wideout positions would b sick. That is just a little thing BTW, mostly I just hope that he catches the football….. a lot!! Go Redbirds. WE DO THIS TOGETHER

11. By Alex Robertson (Boundplaya) on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Darren, do you know what Floyd’s grade was for the Cardinals (like Peterson’s was 90), or his ranking on the team’s big board?

12. By brad oneill on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

the person this doesnt bode well for is stephen williams. the kid looked great a few preseasons ago, then the lockout and a few drops set him back. I hope he comes into camp fighting hard because there is a whole lot of really good receivers ahead of him right now.

13. By Eazy E on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

I love the pick of Floyd. I’ve been saying it for weeks or even months now, gotta go best player and Floyd was the best at trece. Reiff is a good player, but one trusted draft guy Mike Mayock said he probably would be best suited as a RT right now and we don’t need that or another Levi possibly. Floyd is a better overall player than Reiff also and Darren said it, it is the reverse of Levi/A.D.

14. By vegas4u2012. on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

We could not have the best available ot.&wr.left at #13,so we/stuck w/bpa.this worked out for us last year w/peterson.we have very good balance now w/fitz,floyd,roberts,doucet.housler recieving&wells/williams at rb.the problem is that opponents will take advantage of our weakness on offense(o.line)& constantly stack the box.my feeling is,that with kolb having extra time this year ,that will make up for that weakness??

15. By cardsalltheway on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

In the 1st game of the season against the Seahawks we’ll have to somehow stop Bruce Irvin(rookie OLB from WVU) and company from blowing by Levi Brown and the rest.

16. By D on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

I would like the Floyd pick if they get a good OT next. If they won’t make a move up to get C. Glenn, then they better make sure they get M. Schwartz from Cal in Round 3. there will be a run on OT coming, because many teams think most of the rest are very similiar, let’s hope they don’t wait to long to get one. All these flashy Wr’s does Kolb no good if he is on his back

17. By DownUnderCard on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Love the Floyd pick.

Assuming Rams and Colts go WR and TE day two, how good would it be to see Cards trade their 2013 #1 pick for the Ravens #35 and #98. Perhaps then tempt the Broncos with our current 3rd 4th and 5th picks for their #36. Cards could then swoop on Upshaw and Cordy Glenn – three awesome pickups and arguably all first round talents, easing the blow of trading the 2013 1st round pick. Then use the #98 pick on another OT, DE or S

18. By William Barry on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

I agree with M. Ellingboe’s comment, both Seattle reached with Irvin, and SF reached with Illinois WR Jenkins….Again, we beat the Rams to the punch (I’m sure they would have taken Floyd at #14)…and remember, this is now a passing league, and we came out on top with our steal of Floyd!!!!!!! I’m glad we did not choose an OT or OG in round one, because I’m sure we can find one in the later rounds….

19. By smack28 on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

I am not happy with this pick. What WR on this roster will stretch the field? Why add a clone of what you already have? And, what about the off the field issues? I hope I am wrong. However, I feel like they should have considered building the foundation before adding the luxuries. The O-line is dreadful and will continue to be. What’s the plan now? Let me guess, we will now make a run at a broken down FA Tackle that wasn’t good enough two weeks ago?

The other guys left in the third round will be there in the third because they are exactly that – third round picks. They are not ready to start. Maybe moving into the early to mid second round could lead to a starter in Glenn, Martin, Massie, or Adams. However, my guess is that would cost us at least this year’s third and next year’s third. It seems worth it if there is a potential trade partner, but I just can’t see that happening.

Good luck Michael Floyd. I hope you become a better route runner under the mentoring of Fitz. At this point, I believe the jury is out on that as well as your ability to break away from coverage. No speed with this group of receivers… It will be interesting to see how this works.

20. By Erik on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

I would prefer that Floyd not use the phrase “-aholic” to describe his characteristics anymore, even if they are positive!

21. By iammattyoung on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Could not be more disappointed with this pick!This receiver class is so deep, with great options in the third round. We could have had Ingram/Reiff/DeCastro and a quality receiver, and instead we have Floyd and a SERIOUS drop-off in the talent level at either O-line or OLB. Bummed.

22. By shannon robinson on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

I’ve coached college rugby players for twenty years at UNM. After two Minor in Possession charges and a DUI, the kid has to stop drinking – if he can’t then he’ll bottle out and we’ll have to watch him go downhill. Steve Keim believes he’s learned so that’s good enough for me, but he can’t do both successfully. Only 11.5 yards a catch is another warning sign. There will be a run on offensive linemen in the second round we’ll have to endure – 5 or 6 picks gone. My choice in the third would be Brandon Mosley from Auburn, as I think Bobbie Massie, Mitchell Schwartz, and Jonathon Martin will be taken. We can get good OL value at pick 80.

23. By Chris Hughes on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Great pick, I’m very Happy with Floyd! We obviously need a OT with our next pick but we are set as far as our Offensive weapons go! (please keep in mind our line was always talked down upon even during our SB run year 2008. To me our line is already better than it was and if we find one missing piece aka RT in the 3rd this will possbly be the best line we’ve had in ten years if not longer. Please keep in mind all of you who wanted us to sign D Bell and that would have satified you well that KID WAS A 7TH ROUND DRAFT PICK 4 YEARS AGO WE HAVE A 3RD 4TH 5TH AND TWO 6TH’S ROUNDERS SO I THINK WE CAN FIND SOMEONE GOOD ENOUGH TO START FROMD AY ONE!

24. By Chris Freeman on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Darren -

What Are the possibilities of cardinals packaging a couple picks ( two this year or one this and one next ) and moving into the second round to grab a T ?

25. By Trent on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

we should get a second round pick from the rams and get Brock Osweiler

26. By Chris Freeman on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Mike –

RE: trade/Rams

T Glenn Gordy

T Johnathan Martin

T Mike Adams

I expect first martin then glenn . ( martin is not as athletic but mor of a blue chip player) and i dont expect cardinals to even think about Mike Adams. so expect one of these prospects in the third if we dont move up in the second:

there is a slue of possible competition T thant can give Brown some real competition. either way it stays Brown job to loose if not at left then right.

27. By Sean on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

@Mike Ellingbone

I laughed at the Seahawks pick as well, thinking it was a reach. But as the Niners were on the clock, I was wondering where in the hell do they have need? Other than QB, those guys are so stacked at every position that they can afford to take a “developmental” player in the first round.

I really like the way the Cardinals have handled themselves in the draft the past few years. Way to stay disciplined.

28. By clssylssy on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Of course it’s always great to get a talent like Floyd but what about an OT, OLB…fixing our offenseive line? Seems like most other teams were grabbing defenders and we sure could use some help in that area. Seems like the FO finally is realizing what we lost in Q and are trying to unring that bell. The Redskins are really aggressively trying to fix their problems and recently inked our “old” pressure kicker, Neil Rackers. I have to admit I’m a little worried , but it is what it is. I just keep wondering where these other teams are getting all of this money? Being taken in the first round really holds no guarantees and, Doucet has been a pretty good workhorse for a 3rd rounder (70 yd TD against Panthers last year to help kick off the season. Considering the apparent market for offensive linemen and offensive tackles, do you think there will be anybody left in the 3rd round in the way of filling some of our offensive needs? JUST READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL…GO CARDS!

29. By Darren Urban on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Prashant –

RE: Floyd

I don’t see a future Fitzgerald. But the potential is there for a Boldin-level player. We will see.

30. By Darren Urban on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Alex –

RE: Floyd grade

I do not know that info.

31. By Darren Urban on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Chris Freeman –

RE: Trading up

See above blog post.

32. By Sean on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Is that all one thought, clssylssy?

Im fired up to see who the Cards take in the 3rd and 4th rounds. They have found some gems there in the past.

33. By cardsalltheway on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Rod Graves…,
    “There were opportunities to trade down from 13, general manager Rod Graves said.”
    Of all the offers you received Mr. Graves, did any of them include a 2nd round pick? Darren, you or somebody has got to call him out on this for history sake.

The worst thing about picking Floyd is that we probably could’ve at least gotten an additional pick(2nd round?) for him.
    I think Cardinal fans should know what was offered???

34. By wsphxcardsfan on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Welcome to the desert, Floyd!

Now my hopes (more like prayers) are that Cards pick up a quality OT and will have to trust the Cardinal scouting reports that one will still be available in the 3rd. (Man, do I have doubts about that.) Kolb and Skelton looked like they were playing hot potato, not football last season.

35. By in fitz we trust on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

non cardinal related, but darren i know u saw cleveland trade up one spot and give up 2-3 later picks to do so…. they would have got richardson anyways at 4…. unless they feared minnesota was going to take him over kalil.and why would they when they already have a peterson…. so they basically swapped places just to take richardson 3rd overall instead of 4th??? just didnt see the logic there.

i would like to trade up and see up get j. martin out of stanford that would be huge

36. By in fitz we trust on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

another thing about the draft, i was suprised to see that many pass rushers still on the board. im happy with our pick, but i was thinking we were gonna go pass rush with #13 based on how the draft shaped up. look at what NE did, they ended up with two really good pass rushers, so far in my opinion they had the best first round.

37. By D on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Now that AZ won’t get a starting RT from the draft, they will need to sign a Vet once they can clear more cap space and see what’s out there…I don’t see J. Bridges being a starter until a round 3 pick learns…

TE
    If Housler is healthy, King will be the blocker, now that they are loaded with young WR’s, I doubt if Heap will make the final roster

38. By Chuck 1 on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

To those fans who are suggesting trading up to get a second round pick: The Cards had a second round pick in 2012. They already used it.

Remember what Roger Goodell “said” last year? “With their pick in the second round (of the 2012 draft), the Arizona Cardinals select Quarterback Kevin Kolb of the Philadelphia Eagles”. LMAO

We can only hope that it was worth it.

39. By Brian on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

People have been wanting a true deep threat opposite Larry and I definitely think the Cards got their man. A deep threat doesn’t neccessarily mean he is going to just use his speed to blow by the defense(a la d-jax in philly). Floyd has good speed for his size so he can get deep quickly and then go up and get the ball. Another thing is defenders are going to have to worry about his blocking ability. This just opened the field for all of our WR and TEs, not just Larry. And the options available in the redzone now, yikes. Love the pick! Now lets get some OT help and depth at OLB behind Acho and OBScho. Also hoping we take the punter from Cal with one of our 2 6th round picks

40. By drstiegler on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

@smack28 – we have no speed?? Fitz never gets caught from behind and Floyd runs a 4.4/40! What are you talking about? Would you rather have a track star that drops the ball every now and then. Watch some youtube highlights of Floyd and get back to us. Dude is fast enough for sure. And he has highest point abilities, great hands and is labeled as an outstanding blocker. Plus, he isn’t a Diva. What else do you want????

41. By cardsalltheway on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

We need offensive linemen. Let me repeat, we need offensive linemen. We also need OLB’s / ILB’s, CB, and RB…Are you being entertained? But of course I’m sure we’ll be surprised yet again? Perhaps other “BPA’s” at the TE or QB positions?

42. By drstiegler on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

@downundercard – like the way you are thinking. Now with the rookie salary wages it only makes sense to get as many 1st-2nd round talent guys as possible.

FYI: Bleacher Report.com has full 7 round mock for Cards with ideas of mid-round O-line possibilities.

43. By Matt on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

With Fitz and Floyd, the Cardinals are going to give F-Bomb a whole new meaning.

44. By TUCSTEVE on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

what number is floyd going to be wearing?

45. By Chris on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Darren –

Apologies if this has already been asked but, when is the soonest that Floyd can join in on voluntary activities going on at the facility? I assume he can start right away and get training with everyone (Fitz, Kolb, Coach Lott, etc.)

Thanks!

Chris

46. By Darren Urban on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

In Fitz –

RE: Browns/Richardson

They weren’t afraid Minnesota would take them. But they were worried Tampa would instead do a deal with Minnesota to get Richardson. Hence, the deal.

47. By Darren Urban on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Tucsteve –

RE: Floyd number

That hasn’t been decided yet.

48. By Darren Urban on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Chris –

RE: Rookie start

I am not sure. My guess is that he will not come right away. There is a rookie minicamp the weekend of May 12. My guess is that is when all the rookies come for the first time.

49. By Sean on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

“With Fitz and Floyd, the Cardinals are going to give F-Bomb a whole new meaning”

Love that…

50. By drstiegler on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

the Cards “F-bombs” – great call Matt!! That’s awesome

51. By Mike Ellingboe on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

@Sean,

Agree that SF may have a little room to take chances, but this one I don’t understand. I’m guessing they didn’t sign Manningham to keep him as a #3, and I doubt Crabtree is going anywhere, so a run-first team sees the wisdom in using their first round pick on a guy who projects as their fourth receiver? (you can’t use Moss for any effective purpose outside of 1-3). More power to them, hopefully they keep that logic going. Meanwhile, they still have a hole at RG that could have been filled with Cordy Glenn (imagine him and Iupati as their starting guards for the next decade?). Could have added a second RB in Martin to reduce Gore’s carries. If they felt the need for one more WR guys like Randle, Jeffrey and Sanu create more match-up problems than Jenkins.

52. By AB on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Matt

“F-Bombs”

That’s hilarious. Spread the word.

53. By Martin on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

WE NEED TO TRADE UP SOME HOW AND GET Coby Glenn, Jonathan Martin or Mike Adams!!

54. By Sean on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

@Mike Ellingboe

I had forgotten about the weakness at that RG position. I didnt see the need for another RB with Brandon Jacobs in the backfield though. What a running juggernaut they stand to be!

I agree that they should have taken Glenn.

I wonder if they like this WR they took as a special teams threat then. Ginn wasnt exactly lights out at that position and they certainly had fumble issues in that playoff game.

55. By clssylssy on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Sorry Sean…I did sound a bit fragmented…must be the excitement of actually seeing a football season on the horizon combined with checking out the strengths of the other teams and wanting to get back to the SB! Whatever…I have faith in coach and am down with his decisions:)

56. By brad oneill on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

i would like to remind people that are worried about offensive linemen, this draft is deep in them, which means a couple of things, one a starter may be available in round 3, or another team that picks up a stud will release a serviceable o line guy that could work out for us.

57. By Mike Ellingboe on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

@Sean,

That makes us even on forgetting who they have, because I didn’t remember Jacobs signed with them (although I do differ on how much he adds/has left in the tank). Will concede that he probably has enough left to give them enough depth there for another season.

I guess Jenkins could be what they’re looking for in their return game, but it still strikes me as a pretty big reach to go first round for it – granted, it’s not a 245-lb, one-dimensional, back-up/situational college DE, but a reach nonetheless.

58. By AzWicker on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

I think Sando reported that the Rams were high on Jenkins and were going to take him with the 1st pick of the second round, thats why SF took him in round 1.

I wonder how many Card fans would like to have that 2nd round pick today and just have Skelton go into camp as the starter. Seems like a lot of talent still on the board.

59. By William Barry on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

We could certainly use a OT in rounds 3-4. @sean: SF definitely reached to get WR Jenkins…..We definitely got the best of the rams in round 1. We got our stud player, in Floyd, and the other teams know it….What explosive power we will have with Fitz, Floyd, Doucet, and Roberts…P.S. Doucet certainly played much better down the stretch….The other teams in our division, certainly will have their hands full with our WR firepower……GO BIG RED!!!!!

60. By Mike Ellingboe on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

@AzWicker,

I’ve read reports that claim Irvin was on other radar’s for round one as well, hard to believe but we’ll find out this Fall who really knows what.

I hear what you’re saying about not having a second round pick, but I remain convinced that Fitz doesn’t sign his contract extension without the Kolb trade, so for that reason alone I’ll see him as a worthy acquisition. Of course, I’ll like it even more if he becomes what he was projected to be when we made the trade, but as long as either he or Skelton step up it doesn’t matter to me who our #1 is.

61. By cobra on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Nice job SF and SL, you didn’t take Hill @ WR. I feel better about not having a 2rd round pick now. Oh, and Seattle. Draft well cards, draft well with what you have to choose from!

62. By Cardfancolo on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

I think cardsalltheway should own the team

63. By cobra on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

I forgot to mention: Chris Berman. EAST COAST IDIOT!!!IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. I knew this from the 1st day he worked for ESPN. He may have been their 1st commentator. A Giants fan.

64. By Matt on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Get Zebrie Sanders in the 3rd. He is supposed to be a great pass protector, so we could move Levi back to the right side.

65. By William Barry on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

The rams selected a WR from Appalachian state, we’ll see how he does in the NFL, and again, Seattle picks B. Wagner, a reach pick AGAIN….Let’s not forget, the rams will not have the services of their Defensive Coordinator, Gregg Williams, (due to the Saints bounty scandal),and is out indefinitely….this will really hurt St. Louis, and by the way,now the former Chuck Cecil, who played for the Cards, will be running the defense for the Rams…SF picked a running back, a junior, LaMichael James, and he is projected as a developmental player…again, Seattle and SF are reaching for picks…they are definitely not quality picks…..(more like boom or bust picks)

66. By D on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Unbelievable, I guess they couldn’t find Larry in time to give them a OL name to draft. Another CB? Kolb will have another concussion by week 4, good luck Skelton

67. By cards62 on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

We just drafted a CB, Jamell Flemings. I did not see this one coming.

Anyone know much about him? Wonder what this means for Toler’s rehab?

I really wish we would address our OL.

Go Cards

68. By Chuck 1 on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

Round #3: Just what the Cards need, another CB. Can he also play OT???

69. By Chuck 1 on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

When I think about the Cards’ OL situation, I’m reminded what Alfred E. Neuman famously said: “WHAT, ME WORRY”?

70. By brad oneill on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

so how do you teach a guy like our 3rd round pick how to tackle when they don”t have any practices anymore. The quality of play is going to suffer in the nfl with less practice, less conditioning.

71. By UK CARD on Apr 27, 2012 | Reply

I totally agree!! Sat and watched all Rd 2 & 3 for a CB, was floored I know Whiz likes competition but really!! Don’t know the kid but the must of graded him really high!!