• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Peterson 55th on top 100 list

Posted by Darren Urban on May 23, 2012 – 9:00 pm

So it turns out it was Patrick Peterson on NFL Network’s top 100 list of current players tonight, landing at No. 55 (as guessed the other day.) He admitted he was only on the list because of his punt returns, but hoped that was a short-term thing.

“I believe it’s definitely less about my cornerback play right now,” Peterson said. But I’ve been working so hard  this offseason, I honestly can’t wait to face another opponent.”

In the video talking about Peterson’s place, teammates Adrian Wilson and Larry Fitzgerald both reiterated Peterson’s hard work and potential to be an elite cornerback in the league, as they did when the trio were named to the Pro Bowl last season. In the meantime, Peterson was grateful to already make the list, considering it is fellow NFL players who vote.

“That’s definitely special that I have the respect from my peers around the league, to consider me in the top 100,” Peterson said. “It gives me something to work on through the  rest of my career. I want to get into the top 10.”

Tags:

26 Responses to “Peterson 55th on top 100 list”

1. By alexmannsportskings on May 23, 2012 | Reply

Not sure if this went through but do you know if the video about the Rookies and Vets getting along together will go up tomorrow? It wasn’t working for me earlier and it disappeared from the site all together.

2. By Mark on May 23, 2012 | Reply

As he should be ranked high hes gonna be a terrific player for us in the coming years. Go Cardinal’s!!!!!!

3. By Darren Urban on May 23, 2012 | Reply

alexmann –

RE: Video

We had technical difficulties. We will get it up as soon as we can.

4. By AndyStandsUpalltheway on May 23, 2012 | Reply

The photo above of Patrick Peterson is from last year’s Red/White scrimmage – since the SkyDome was closed, correct Darren?

5. By in fitz we trust on May 23, 2012 | Reply

he should have had another pick if it wasn’t for adrian wilsons penalty lol he blocked a field goal and i think he played good corner at the end of the season. and ofcourse the 4 kick returns, which should have been 5 if it wasnt for that last guy, the kicker who made that play i think the #55 spot was acurate…. this guy makes our entire 2011 draft. hes only gonna get better and i hope the cardinals lock this guy up. hes gonna be like a deon sanders, with a fitzgerald character.

6. By Javier Montoya on May 23, 2012 | Reply

Wow. What a pick up

7. By Eazy E on May 24, 2012 | Reply

Wow, 55 is awesome for such a young player. He wants to be in the top 10 and that is great.

8. By Ezz on May 24, 2012 | Reply

Darren i’m curious, do you get to have more access to the players because you work for the team? Or to better phrase it, do they give you an easier time because of that fact or is it the same as it is for other reporters?

9. By Ditship on May 24, 2012 | Reply

Peterson looks like he’s 5 and it’s Xmas morning in that picture. Congrats and I’m extremely happy he’s a Card.

I have to wonder if Wilson is going to make the list.. He did have a great 2nd half last season.. but top 50? My bet is we have 1 more card on this list..

10. By Darren Urban on May 24, 2012 | Reply

Ezz -

RE: access

I think it’s fair to say I have easier and much more access.

11. By beardinals on May 24, 2012 | Reply

Hoping to see #24, #93 and #11 (he’s a lock).

12. By GACardFan on May 24, 2012 | Reply

Yeah and maybe DWash as well he really should get more recognition because of his play behind the line of scrimmage. I also think Sendlein is one of the most underrated lineman in the league.

13. By cdubbbbbbb on May 24, 2012 | Reply

I think DWash should be on the list but we will see

14. By MIKE G on May 24, 2012 | Reply

Hey Darren–Hope all is well! I think Peterson will improve his cover skills with a year under his belt which in turn should boost our secondary. One stat I think the Card’s need to improve on is getting more interceptions as a team especially from our corners and safties. Richard Marshall led the team with 3– That number needs to improve. Hey Darren–Was William Gay picked up with the intention of filling Marshall’s role??? or do you see another player taking that on???

15. By Andy Kw on May 24, 2012 | Reply

There are many players on this Cardinals Organization that has done pretty well. The one thing I don’t understand about this organization is why are they signing players that aren’t needed. We don’t need our recently signed Groves and we especially don’t need DE Cohen. This team needs to start working out contracts with LB Clark Haggans, Hamza Abdullah, and Vonnie Holliday. This team could release some young veterans to make room for necessary players. Hamza Abdullah has played a huge part in the Cards special teams unit. Clark Haggans and Vonnie Holliday has proven last year that they still have a lot in the tank left. We need to sign and resign players that we need.

16. By carlo milano on May 24, 2012 | Reply

DARREN
    could u tell me the dates when there will be the roster cuts

17. By Andy Kw on May 24, 2012 | Reply

Hey Darren,
    What happened to Chansi Stuckey? I know he was cut from the team but why hasn’t he been signed by other teams? It looks like he has retired.

18. By Wildcard on May 24, 2012 | Reply

Next years defense could be pretty scary.

19. By in fitz we trust on May 24, 2012 | Reply

off topic darren, did u see on nfl network tonight, top 10 superbowls of all time, super bowl 43 was number one!!!!!! oh the memories…. i think ima go cry right now…..

20. By in fitz we trust on May 24, 2012 | Reply

u have to do a blog on that lol

21. By Darren Urban on May 25, 2012 | Reply

Mike G -

RE: Gay

I think Gay could play that role. I’m not sure they said, “OK, he will do exactly what Marshall did. “

22. By Darren Urban on May 25, 2012 | Reply

CARLO -

RE: Cuts

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

There won’t be any cuts until after the fourth preaseason game.

23. By Darren Urban on May 25, 2012 | Reply

Andy Kw -

RE: Chansi

You have to ask the other teams.

24. By D on May 25, 2012 | Reply

Nick Eason at 282 lbs, I guess he will be our back up DE so we won’t need to resign Holliday…that weight is too light for a 3-4 DT

25. By John the draft guy on May 25, 2012 | Reply

Nice signing of Quintin Groves. I remember the year he was drafted by Jax, he seemed to fit the 3-4 mold better than a 4-3 DE
    Can’t seem to hurt to take a chance and see if you can get lightning in a bottle like Philly did with Babin.
    Babin went from 2004 to 2009 (6 seasons) with 19 1/2 sacks total. (around 3 1/2 a year) He bounced around and then in 2010 had 12 1/2 and then 21 sacks last year.

Groves had talent to rush the passer coming out of college. It would be great if Horton can get something out of him. Worth the chance.

26. By Darren Urban on May 25, 2012 | Reply

D –

RE: Eason

So disappointed you didn’t comment on this when I wrote about it a month ago. Where’s the love?