Here’s one way to get a Cardinals’ fix on a Sunday not during football season: a Cards’ TV special.
“Arizona Cardinals: Season In Focus” will be an hour-long special aired on ABC 15 Sunday (that’s May 27) immediately after the telecast of the Indianapolis 500. That’s approximately 12:30 p.m. Arizona time, but I won’t pretend to be a race fan and guess the likelihood of it ending then. The special (Alert: necessary sponsor acknowledgement in 3, 2, …), presented by you Arizona Ford Dealers, will feature in no particular order:
– The voice of the Cards, Dave Pasch, sitting down with head coach Ken Whisenhunt to break down video of the members of the draft class (I have to say, this is the one I am looking forward to seeing);
– A feature about new quarterbacks coach John McNulty and how he wants to get the players at his position back to basics, working on technique and footwork;
– A feature on the journey back to the field for injured running back Ryan Williams;
– A feature on the work on and off the field of linebacker O’Brien Schofield;
– Some burning questions facing the Cardinals, as broken down by Paul Calvisi and Ron Wolfley;
– Oh, and a one-on-one interview between some guy who writes a blog for this site and newly signed defensive end Calais Campbell.
Again, that’s Sunday after the Indy 500. The boys in broadcasting — Tim DeLaney, Johnny Hayward, Richard Mendez — have worked hard on putting this together. It’s worth the time to watch. Yes, I understand some of you can’t see it, if you are out of state or busy. We do plan on putting up the segments on the site eventually, but it won’t be all at once.
Tags: Calais Campbell, John McNulty, Ken Whisenhunt, O'Brien Schofield, Ryan Williams
Posted in Blog | 34 Comments »