• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.
  • Fri., May. 23, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp.
  • Sat., May. 24, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp

Cards sign receiver, cut Lindsey

Posted by Darren Urban on May 30, 2012 – 8:57 am

The Cardinals made a roster move Tuesday, releasing cornerback Korey Lindsey (who had been acquired off waivers at the end of the preseason last year) to make room for undrafted rookie receiver Gino Crump, who played at the University of Arizona. Crump took part in the Buffalo Bills’ rookie minicamp on a tryout basis.

Lindsey spent most of last season on the practice squad, a healthy inactive for three games and failing to appear in the one game he did dress for. Crump had 65 catches for 610 yards last year for the Wildcats. The Cards had been down a receiver after cutting Marc Wilson last week when they signed linebacker Quentin Groves.

Tags: ,

13 Responses to “Cards sign receiver, cut Lindsey”

1. By MIKE G on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Hey Darren–Hope all is cool! Nice article on Acho And Schofield and in covering the LB’S in general. I think any good defense needs a quality group of different type LB’S especially when playing the 3-4. Interesting how this year was the 1st in quite some time that we did not choose a linebacker in the draft. The Card’s must believe in their current stock of players. I believe there is pressure for Sterwart Bradley to perform well.
    He and Lenon are the leaders as far as tenure in the league. What do you think the chances are for Haggans coming back and helping this unit??? I think the answer
    might depend how Bradley performs in camp. Haggans certainly doesn’t hurt you – but Card’s may want to go young there!!!

2. By beardinals on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Seems like a lot of receivers

3. By jeffgollin on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Darren – Care to speak,about the stockpiling of OLB’s who fit the Steeler’s (Woodley, Harrison) 265+ lb size prototype? Specifically Groves, Nash, Binns & Bradley.

4. By clssylssy on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Any chance of signing any RBs to add some depth in that area since Beanie and Ryan Williams are both coming off injuries?

5. By Darren Urban on May 30, 2012 | Reply

jeffgollin –

RE: LB size

Given the background of Horton, Raich, Whisenhunt, it’s not surprising, is it?

6. By Darren Urban on May 30, 2012 | Reply

clssy –

RE: More RBs

Doubt it at this point.

7. By Skiptim on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Darren –

I’m not exactly the most excited person when it comes to Lindley (accuracy issues concern me more than anything), but don’t you think this is a bit early to cut a draft pick that a lot of people expected to make the team as the third QB?

8. By scott023 on May 30, 2012 | Reply

This is really good to see, our defensive backs are big and strong.It sure looks great from here. Thank you darren for all you do. I can see a great pass rush from this group, we need to put the pressure on them to get more sacks. We had a great second half of the season last year. I see us getting even better this season, everyone coming back from injuries better than before! Our defense understands coach Horton’s system now. Coach Whiz you are right on track with the best qb wins his job! The best is what we need. I can hardly wait. Again darren thank you for all the articles. I get off work and run to see all the news, I live for this. Go Cards!!!

9. By AndyStandsUpalltheway on May 30, 2012 | Reply

Kinda off the subject, Darren, but something is puzzling my puzzler.
    What player (other than Fitz) would hurt the team most if put on IR?

I’m gonna say Lyle Sendlein. Hardly anything left in FA, Hadnot is gone and I don’t trust this Ryan Barthlomew. (I think it has something to with the first name, when last season he proclaimed, “You’ve got a center in town!”.)

10. By Darren Urban on May 31, 2012 | Reply

AndyStands –

RE: Hurt on IR

I’m not sure, given the current situation, you’d want to lose Peterson or Acho.

11. By clssylssy on May 31, 2012 | Reply

Glad to see we are adding some depth and not really surprised that Lindsay was cut…had a feeling that he was gonna be a pawn in this chess game. I think it’s great that the Cards are drawning from the Steeler model and prototype…can’t hardly argue with six Superbowl wins…maybe Cards fans will stop whining when this model get’s us back to the Superbowl! I would like to see more depth at the TE position, I think our TEs have been invaluable and will be needed more than a bunch of receivers if Kolb ends up the starter. Either way I think a tougher Cards personna along the Steeler/Ravens line will gradually earn us the respect we deserve. We need to make a statement in the Hall of Fame game and then win ALL of our Division Games minimum plus some other biggies…we’ve done it before. I like that we are trying to plan ahead for the worse case scenario so we don’t end up like the Colts and Redskins last year.

12. By Jzoully on May 31, 2012 | Reply

Linebacker is an important position, I think that training camp is going to be great because of the linebackers on the roster, I wonder if someone stands out. I hope it’s Broderick Binns, the guy looks like a prototype of James Harrison.
    Anyways, Darren I was wondering if you thought of any undrafted rookies standing out in OTAs? Thanks.

13. By Darren Urban on May 31, 2012 | Reply

Jzoully –

RE: UDFA standouts

Can’t say I have noticed any yet.