• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

The list of Not-Dressing for the Hall of Fame game

Posted by Darren Urban on August 5, 2012 – 3:56 pm

There is no inactive list technically for the preseason because there doesn’t have to be any inactives, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be guys who will not dress. Most are injury related. Some we knew about, some we didn’t. Don’t Didn’t know the details on every injury, but I’ll try to track them down when I can know I do. Don’t expect any to be serious:

– CB Crezdon Butler (hip)

– DT Darnell Dockett (hamstring)

– DE Nick Eason (He isn’t here; His mother has been very ill, as he has pointed out on Twitter)

– CB Marshay Green (hamstring)

– RB Javarris James (abductor strain)

– TE Jeff King (PUP — quad)

– LB Zach Nash (ankle)

– RB Beanie Wells (PUP — knee)

– RB Ryan Williams (patella)

– WR Stephen Williams (hamstring)

– S Adrian Wilson (calf)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

27 Responses to “The list of Not-Dressing for the Hall of Fame game”

1. By Pete on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

Can you please provide a numerical roster in addition to the alphabetical? Thanks.

2. By Darren Urban on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

Pete –

RE: Roster

Just click on the “#” at the top of the roster and it will reshuffle.

3. By cardsalltheway on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

Boy, all that work(OTA’s) sure helped K. Kolb huh? He’s the same guy as last year. The excuses you heard were only that, excuses.

4. By cardsalltheway on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

K. Kolb is fragile and done, face the music.

5. By TJ on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

I really wanted Kolb to do well for us, but that first throw just goes to show he was a waste of a good player in Rodgers-Cromartie and potential great players from the draft picks we gave up. And now he’s hurt again. Good riddens. Time to give Skelton his time that he earned over the last two seasons.

6. By georgiebird on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

Trying to be objective, but the Cards’ defense will have to get a lot smarter before it can get better against good teams/QBs.
    And Whiz will be remembered as a joke for his evaluation of DA and KK.

7. By Peter in Canada on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

cardsalltheway –

You are much too negative. Look on the bright side. We will rally behind John Skelton and we will play good football

8. By Soares20 on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

Kevin……..C’mon man I’m rooting for you but you are making it really hard to. when your job is on the line you get up and keep going! Then when John trys to give you some sympathy and give you a five you ignore him and act like a child. That act makes me want John to take the job from you….terrible sportsmanship/comradery Kolb just terrible

9. By BIG RED on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

Soares 20 your right about the sportsmanship, cut kolb and save some money for some signings. I’ve been telling you all that Skelton is the answer at QB for the franchise, I’ve been telling you since he got to AZ. Let’s now start supporting John Skelton and start selling #19 jerseys.

10. By canadian redbird on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

I’m with Sores20 in that were all trying to give Kolb a fair chance but every time out he lays an egg. Time to move on; admit that the trade for DRC and a 2nd rounder was a mistake promoted by Andy Reid’s inflated value of Kolb; give John the reins and let Kevin take the back role until the end of the season and then let him go. He shows absolutely no emotion on the field or sidelines; too busy trying to look cool. Can you imagine if the rest of the team was that fragile and refused to play hurt. kevin needs to watch some film on Brett Favre and see what a true leader is.

11. By cardsalltheway on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

Bartel becomes No. 2 and the new guy is No. 3, cut Kolb ASAP he’s a waste of time and money. Cut our losses, I was never Anti-Kolb but I didn’t like the price. I was wrong, I should’ve been Anti. Anybody should be able to see what we got in him now.

12. By johnnybluenose on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

hey peter in canada. are you purposely quoting dick vermeil who famously said, when trent green went down, ” we will rally around kurt warner ” ? can skelton become another kurt warner? we can only hope so because kolb certainly has not risen to the occasion and for a guy who has been groomed for the last five or six years to be a good starting quarterback, well let’s just be kind and say that his play leaves an awful lot to be desired. i doubt he could make the argos right now.

13. By NJAzCardsFan on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

Darren- King & Beanie are currently on the PUP. Do players on the PUP count towards the current 90 player limit or when they return someone is let go to make room for them on the roster?

14. By Darren Urban on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

NJAz –

RE: PUP

Yes, players on PUP count on the 90. They would not count against the 53 if they remained on PUP to start the regular season.

15. By cardsalltheway on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

Excuse: The Saints had a bounty out on Kolb?

16. By gorepedo on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

who did philly pick with 2nd rounder?

17. By bluepitt on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

I said it once and Ill say it again!!!!! “What does 60mill + a probowl player get WHIZ in todays NFL????? “A BACK UP QB”!!!!!!!!!!!!” Do all the haters want to atack me now? I said it last year “GLASS MAN!!!!! But No I was a jerk!!!! and a KOLB hater!!! John is not the answer… He is a great player but he just cant play with his head for the first 3 quarters, it is just the way it is!!!(and yes I hope Johnney proves me stupid but im like 10-0) How does Matt Hasselback look now? lol I love the gap stop QB, one got us to the SBl!!!!!!!!! Now please attack me again so I look even smarter!!!!
    But I do still Love you Darren!!!!! lol Keep up the great work!!!
    BTW, D-urb for prez!!!!

William Gay
    Kerry Rhodes
    Jaymar Johnson
    Michael Adams
    Aj Jefferson

19. By bluepitt on Aug 6, 2012 | Reply

Ok, for real, I said it last year, Kolb is not built mentaly for the NFL, he gets shook up to eazy. I had a buddy who could hav ben the greatest UFC fighter in the world.. Seriously!!! The only weeeeekness was that he had a glass jaw! If you hit him in the chin he was out! If not he would pummel you! Sound close?

20. By rdixon50 on Aug 6, 2012 | Reply

Agree with Soares20 – “……Then when John trys to give you some sympathy and give you a five you ignore him and act like a child. That act makes me want John to take the job from you….terrible sportsmanship/comradery Kolb just terrible”

I thought the exact same thing regarding sportsmanship when Kolb left the field. Or maybe the pain would have been too great to gently slap John’s hand. Don’t know, but Kolb looked ridiculous on national TV, and a man in his “position can not look ridiculous”

21. By Peter in Canada on Aug 6, 2012 | Reply

johnnybluenose – I am not smart enough to think that up by myself. I was paraphrasing Dick Vermeil. Unlike cardsalltheway, I try to remain positive in spite of everything. I thought Skelton showed a veteran presence on the TD drive

22. By brad oneill on Aug 6, 2012 | Reply

in kolbs defense on the High five, it really hurts to give someone a high five when your ribs and shoulder have just been crushed. GIve the guy a break. before we toss kevin under the buss lets let him play a game without his former coach losing a son, and give him a few more practices, this is preseason its time to work out the issues.

23. By TUCSTEVE on Aug 6, 2012 | Reply

All being way to negative towards kolb.

24. By Darren Urban on Aug 6, 2012 | Reply

gorepedo –

RE: Eagles pick

I don’t know off the top of my head. Linebacker maybe?

25. By johnnybluenose on Aug 6, 2012 | Reply

peter in canada, you seem smart enough to me.

26. By pacardsfan on Aug 7, 2012 | Reply

I support John too. I never liked the Kevin Kolb trade, for I was always a fan of DRC and lossing a good CB for a guy named KOLB……was very heartbreaking. TOO much $ and loss of draft picks plus DRC for a QB with a lossing record. I think I’d rather have Matt Lienart start than KK and I never liked Matt L. either:( Kolb is just a huge injury awaiting person. It’s ok to admit one was wrong and move on, but to keep trying to give the guy a change and excuses….waste of time. Hell, bring McNab in as a back-up or a push for the starter. (And this is coming from a guy who really dislikes McNab, but hey, he’s better than KK)

27. By pacardsfan on Aug 7, 2012 | Reply

oh yeah…..I forgot to mention…when John went to shake KK’s hand, and KK just ingored John…that was the first thing I noticed…..NEVER DISRESPECT a teammate and KK just showed he is all about himself and not team, in my eyes