Roberts, Schofield to sit; Williams to start

Posted by Darren Urban on August 17, 2012 – 5:28 pm

The Cardinals won’t have a handful of players tonight, most of whom were expected. RB Beanie Wells (knee) still isn’t ready to go, and guys who got hurt this week — CB Greg Toler (knee) and LB O’Brien Schofield (knee) most notably — are also sitting. WR Andre Roberts is not playing, but I don’t know why that is. Roberts was practicing all week. Rookie receiver LaRon Byrd unfortunately also won’t play with his bad shoulder.

The rest of the sitting list:

– CB Michael Adams (hamstring)

– RB LaRod Stephens-Howling (groin)

– FB Jared Crank (neck)

– LB Paris Lenon (ankle)

– TE Jeff King (quad)

RB Ryan Williams will indeed get his first chance to play since last season’s patella tendon rupture, 364 days since he got hurt. Williams is expected to start. That’d be a fun way to get going tonight.

Tags: , , , ,

18 Responses to “Roberts, Schofield to sit; Williams to start”

1. By Scott H on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Just hoping for a better showing on many fronts this evening than we’ve seen so far. Hate to say it but in some of those areas….even a decent performance would be a significant improvement. With continued below average play from the O-line and / or QB, we ain’t going very far. NEED a reason to believe, fellas.

2. By Scott H on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Harkening back to the previous blog….I applaud Whiz’ vow to play the starters until they get it right. With that said, I hope our starters are not still playing into the 4th quarter.

3. By Dynosoar on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

I’ll be following the game and watching it on NFL network tomorrow. I take the following approach to these games and am not stressed out.

1. It’s pre-season, a scrimage game if you will.
    2. We haven’t had our two best running backs in either game.
    3. There’s NO game planning.
    4. We keep offensive and defensive plays “vanilla” for a reason, to keep things off tape until the season begins.
    5. It’s pre-season.
    6. One quarterback will stand out.
    7. We have the best offensive and defensive weapons in the Division
    8. T.O. and Pete Carroll in Seatle.
    9. It’s pre-season.

I know, I know, momentum is important, but so is perspective. I’m looking forward to seeing a win tonight, but remember Williams last year. Of course we don’t remember him, he was injured in a pre-season game. I’d be fine with 0-5 in pre-season if we’re all healthy come Game 1. Well, it’s 8:00, time for a game.

4. By Nick Pepe on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Why do I feel like this is the most important game in 18 months?????

Nick Pepe
    Lifetime Member

5. By Red cards on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Kolb hanging in the pocket hmm good job kolb to bad he’s one hit away from out for the season

6. By Red cards on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

34 looking good

7. By Red cards on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Now I’m ready too start making excuses for kolb everyone starts playing bad when hes in another reason to put him out to pasture

8. By Red cards on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

If they pull Skelton Im gonna be pissed

9. By BIG RED on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

The end is near for KKolb. No more excuses, can’t get any worst. Or could he….. to be continued.

10. By Red cards on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

That’s it I’m sick of this one sided bull$$$$ I never thought Id say this but it’s time for wiz to go he can’t even make the competition fair if wiz is going to hitch his wagon to kolb then hit road I love it anytime Skelton starts to look good they pull him just like the saints game

11. By scubasteve12 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

whiz is not being one sided. you are being to biased.

12. By Steward Badly on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

3rd game in a row that Skelton outplayed Kolb,,,, Skelton up 3-0 with 2 games left….Skelton won the starting job…Wishenhunt has a press conference tommorrow at noon to announce it. GO SKELTON. GO CARDS.

13. By Red cards on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

I am huh how long did he play kolb huh

I went from loving wiz to losing all respect for him

14. By Steward Badly on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

In 3 preseason games

Skelton 10 for 15 66% completion
    Kolb 5 for 15 33% completion

Who is the inaccurate here KK supporters?

15. By Red cards on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

In the kc game kolb played as much as Skelton

16. By scubasteve12 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

steward- skelton only threw the ball 3 times. also did you pay any attention to the offensive line?

17. By BIG RED on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Thanks Raiders for deciding who will be our QB this year.

18. By scubasteve12 on Aug 18, 2012 | Reply

whiz said he was gonna play them kolb a long time. skelton is gonna get the same amount of time in tennesse. whiz also explained. why would he put skelton in with the second team offensive line? also playing against a second team defense would make him look better than he actually is.