Top moments for Cards in Arizona

Posted by Darren Urban on August 28, 2012 – 10:10 am

With the Cards embarking on their 25th season of playing in Arizona, the team is looking to the fans to come up with the list of their top moment (or moments) that the team has had since moving from St. Louis. Send your top choice — or, if you insist on multiple examples, rank them from best down — via e-mail to 25seasons@cardinals.nfl.net.

We will have the results later in the season.

– Also, for those going to the game Thursday night, the team will be collecting backpacks as part of the sixth annual “Back to School Drive” to benefit the Hope Endures program. Backpacks will go to needy children. Fans can drop off their backpacks to volunteers at all University of Phoenix Stadium gates prior to kickoff.

Tags:

26 Responses to “Top moments for Cards in Arizona”

1. By bluepitt on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Jake the snake’s whooping on the CowGirls in the playoffs, was the best for me. The SB run was second. There is just beaming pride the way we didnt have a chance VS Dallas.

2. By in fitz we trust on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

-we beat the cowboys in the wild card at sun devil stadium ( think that was 98-99 vaguely … we were complete underdogs!!…..

-fitz breaking roy greens all time reciving moments

-beanie setting all time single game rushing record for cards

-how about fininshing 10-6 lol think that was 2009-2010 season…

-of course the superbowl run.

#2 has to be fitz going off in the playoffs, which will go down as the greatest wide reciever performance in the history of the nfl…. which imo, will be hard to break. FITZ WAS COMPLETELY UNSTOPABLE WERNER TO FITZ WAS MAGICAL.

#1 has to be the WHEN THE PAT TILLMAN MEMORIAL WAS BUILT!, AND WHEN WE HONOR HIM EVERY YEAR

3. By rdixon50 on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Fitz rolling down the field to put us ahead in SB43.

4. By D on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

William Powell looks good at RB, is Beanie tradeable? Lions are looking to trade for a RB, extra draft pick next year would help this team….

5. By jocards on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

So there are folks out there can come up with more than two REALLY stand out moments? Super Bowl run and the win at Dallas years before that are list worthy. Outside of that the pickings are rather slim IMO.

6. By cardsalltheway on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Gotta look back already this season because things are so bad we are the laughing stock of the NFL. Of course we the fans sometimes joke about how bad things are but now it’s going national. Congrats to the Cardinals front office and coaching staff.!

7. By georgiebird on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Kurt Warner highlights

8. By Jesus on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Dockett during the Rams game turning to the fans holding up a towel with
    NFC west champions written on it. SUPER BOWL RUN

WE DO THIS TOGETHER

the hiring of Denny Green-that guy knows how to draft

9. By brian on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

2009 Home Playoff win Against the Packers!!!!!!!!!! Final score was 51-45. 9 touchdowns were thrown in that game between Rogers and Warner. Warner completed almost 90% of his passes. In OT, Carlos Dansby knocked the ball out from Aaron Rodgers and waltzed into the end zone. The place was electric.

10. By CDNelson86 on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Re: brian

Carlos Caught the ball after “Money” Mike Adams hit Aaron right in the gut and face, rogers kicked the ball with his foot and Dandsby was there to grabb it.

But yea that was a good one.

11. By Sapper on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Retiring Pat Tillman’s number 40.

12. By Roger Drake on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

I agree on Cards upset of Dallas in playoffs in ’98 season…that was so unexpected and the defense flat out destroyed Troy, Emmitt and Michael and team. Counting reg season we won 4 straight…one of our better runs. That game also marked the end of that Cowboys run. Too bad we didn’t sign players in off season that year and sustain with Jake running offense. Larry Centers loss was huge…he was a big part of that offense.

13. By Mark on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

when we were gonna go for another superbowl run in 2009 but the saints were too scared and had to use their stupid bounty scandal on kurt warner.

14. By Chris Chmielewski on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

For me it will always be Jake slithering around the field, finding ways to win. The Wild Card win in Dallas is tops for me. Though I do love this century’s success too. But for me that’s when it all started, when number 16 decided he wanted to win the game.

15. By NJAzCardsFan on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Mine are:
    Plummer beating Dallas on the road during the playoff’s

Hightower’s TD against the Eagles for the NFC Championship.

Fitz’s first TD catch from Kurt during the Falcons plyoff game.

The Cards/Green Bay playoff game where Adams hit Rogers and Dansby scooped up the ball for the winning TD……

Last year: PP punts returns and LSH winning TD catch/run against Dallas.

The fact the Cards actually played in the SB and almost won……..

16. By CreditCard on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Pat Tillman in military uniform.

17. By Jesse Robles on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

The Cardinals are ALWAYS the underdog, and that is why coming from Arizona, I love underdogs, No one comes to Arizona to give us an upset, ever. In 1998 with the last drive to beat the Chargers on a 52 yard Field Goal, then they played the Cowboys. Then in 2003 not letting the Vikings get into the Playoffs on the last second TD pass from Josh Mccown, that was crazy too. We need Josh Mccown, or John Navarre…the Cardinals just have a history of choosing the wrong guy to take snaps. We got the Rams&Giants left overs with Warner for a couple of years. Just something they consistently cannot do. This season they have to rely on their Special Teams, and Defense, while their Run Game is really the only thing that can open the pass at this point. Our fans at home have to help too, tired of seeing fans just sitting there, we need to be as loud as possible on Defense! Bottom Line! Do our part too. It is coming soon, Rise Up RED SEA!! We STILL Do This Together.

18. By Havasu Tom on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

Hi Darren,
    My family and I were sitting in Section 116 about 33 rows up in overtime, the crowd all day was the loudest I had ever heard in my life. The cardinals on defense on about the packers 15 yard line. I watched as the ball was snapped and Arron Rodgers dropped back. Michael Adams coming from the left side straight into Rodgers face, but Rodgers never saw him. Michael earlier in the game had gone low on the same play and missed Arron. On this play Adams went high, knocking the ball into the hands of Carlos Dansby, who took the ball into the end zone, ending the greatest game I’d ever seen. My ears were ringing all the way back to Lake Havasu City.
    The game was between Cardinals and Packer playoff 2010.

19. By vegas4u2012. on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

I’m w/rdixon 50.”Fitz.rolling down the field to put us ahead in SB43.” I recall i was on a call w/a freind & he said,”They must get the ball to fitz.right now!Warner slings it to him,& we all rest.Regardless of the outcome,thats the closest we ever have been to a superbowl win.Therefore that memory sticks /w me.

20. By Jaime on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

how about the goal post leaving SDS and taking a walk down Mill Ave??

21. By andrew waltermire on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

How about that game in 2003 vs the Vikings where the Cardinals were playing hard for no reason, and Josh McCown had that pass too Nate Poole. Haha stunned the Vikings and put them out of the playoffs that year

22. By Santucci on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

1) NFC Championship Game

We weren’t suppose to be in the playoffs. We won’t suppose to beat Atlanta. We weren’t suppose to beat Carolina. We were the 4th seed this year, we weren’t suppose to host the NFC Championship Game. We were the first 4th Seed to ever host the NFC Championship.

I pick this as #1 because we won this game. I was there. The atmosphere after the win was electrifying. I’ve never been as amped as I was that day. Hearing all the chants of “Superbowl! Superbowl!” after the game will forever be in my memories.

2) Superbowl 43

Up until the last 90 seconds, I was screaming, crying, cheering, jumping up and down, and celebrating a Superbowl win, then everything came crashing down.

This is still the #2 moment for me though. I’ve been an avid and die hard Cardinals fan since I was in 5th grade. I suffered through the dark times at Sun Devil Stadium and I made it through to this moment. When the Cardinals finally made it to the Superbowl. It was a childhood dream. Now, we just need to win one.

3) Defeating the Cowboys

A lot of people are posting about their win in the playoffs in 1998-1999 season, but I was more excited about their win in the 1997-1998 season at Sun Devil Stadium when the Cowboys were coming off a season of being reigning champs and we came back to tie the game in OT.

In OT, Butler I believer, kicked a field goal that hit the upright and bounced in for the game winning points. It was then that the stadium erupted and the field was rushed and the goal post was torn down and marched down Mill Ave and tossed into the void that became Tempe Town Lake

4) Opening of University of Phoenix Stadium

This marked a new era in the Cardinals history. Since the stadium opened the Cardinals have been considerably better then they ever were at Sun Devil Stadium. We’ve sold out every single home game since the stadium opened. We’ve hosted a second, and arguably the most shocking, Superbowl.

That stadium sparked new life into this franchise. Whether you’re a fan pre-superbowl or post-superbowl it doesn’t matter. You’re a fan and this stadium is our home and we should be damn proud of it.

23. By bluepitt on Aug 28, 2012 | Reply

#2 for me was rook Anquan Boldin VS the Lions!!!!!! Yes I said Anquan not the Cards!!! hahaha Q had over 200yds

24. By buddy the town winner on Aug 29, 2012 | Reply

5- the 2nd regular season game vs dallas 1997. Painted endzones. Bad call.
    4- the playoff victory at dallas jan 2 1998
    3- victory at philadelphia 21-19 year 2000 (eagle opener didn’t even paint field,I think our 5th straight win vs eagles)
    2- play off win at carolina
    1- superbowl 43

25. By dan on Aug 29, 2012 | Reply

Al Del Greco fake field goal against Dallas on MNF in 1988……..ha! I’d have to say beating the Eagles to head to the Super Bowl. That was sweet seeing the Eagles fans leaving the stadium. I would have to say Eagles fans have got to be the rudest fans I’ve ever met, it was sweet.

26. By john the draft guy on Aug 29, 2012 | Reply

Highlights;

As Rod Tidwell comes out of the tunnel on MNF, I was there cheering him on and a pat on the back. I thought I had a movie career till I ended up on the cutting room floor.

Carrying the goalpost out of the stadium after the incredible comeback against the chargers. Terry Metcalf runs the ball back to around the 50. Plummer to Sanders on a slant. timeout and then the big field goal.

McNabb’s final drive in championship game. I have never been to a place louder than that game. I can remember seeing guys open and McNabb missing them. Your emotions were like, no, no, no then yes, bad throw. People were crying in the stands, hugging people you never met, amazing time.

The pure excitment watching Wadsworth own tackle Eric Williams of Dallas in that playoff game in ’98. Oh what could have been. Anesas Williams picking Aikman twice as he took Michael Irvin out of the game. Best card team for 1 game I ever saw.