Snyder to sit out preseason finale

Posted by Darren Urban on August 30, 2012 – 6:54 pm

Starting right guard guard Adam Snyder (elbow) is sitting out tonight’s game, one of six Cardinals listed as out for the game. Also sitting out will be WR Stephen Williams (Achilles), S Adrian Wilson (calf), RB LaRod Stephens-Howling (groin), S Rashad Johnson (abdomen) and TE Rob Housler (hamstring).

The Broncos’ list is something like 25 players. Peyton Manning will not play. Yep, it’s the preseason finale.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Snyder to sit out preseason finale”

1. By AndyStandsUp on Aug 30, 2012 | Reply

LaRuSH didn’t seem to get much action this preseason.
    Stats?

2. By Darren Urban on Aug 30, 2012 | Reply

AndyStands —

RE: Hyphen stats

Five carries, 26 yards.

3. By Stewart Badly on Aug 30, 2012 | Reply

Darren, NFL Network is reporting that coach Whisenhunt will name the starting QB tomorrow at his press conference, any truth on that? thanks Darren.

4. By Darren Urban on Aug 30, 2012 | Reply

Stewart —

RE: QB decision

That’s the speculation, something I suggested yesterday morning. But there is nothing set in stone. Whiz always does a day-after presser, plus cuts are coming.

5. By Chuck 1 on Aug 30, 2012 | Reply

Bartel sacked and injured.

The Offensive (yes, it is OFFENSIVE!!!) Line strikes again.

6. By georgiebird on Aug 31, 2012 | Reply

Watched the game last night and was totally disappointed with the home game performance. Highlightes of the night:
    1) catch by Floyd
    2) couple of long passes by Bartel
    3) Whiz showing some fire getting into a WR’s face.
    Couldn’t believe how we were pushed around. And so much is being made over the Powell and Smith battle when neither guy is anything more than a sub.
    Are the heights and weights of the Cardinals’ guys correct- they seem to play much smaaler (and slower) than advertised.

7. By sackman on Aug 31, 2012 | Reply

I believe that was a smart move by the team not to play Kolb or Skelton this last pre-season game. With the way the offensive line has been playing and trying to sort out who will be the starters. The last thing we needed to do was to get 1 of our Quarterbacks hurt. Oh I forgot we did get 1 hurt. I just hope we keep all 4 Quarterbacks this season, because I believe we might need them all. If KW says Kolb is the starter this year, I don’t believe Kolb would last more than 4 games before he gets hurt again. Kolb didn’t do anything to win the competition and Skelton didn’t do anything to lose it. One way or the other if Kolb is named the starter I believe he won’t be after the 4th game, and we will probably be looking at a 0-4 record too!!!

8. By Darren Urban on Aug 31, 2012 | Reply

georgie —

RE: Disappointed

If you didn’t come out of a game disappointed, I’d worry about you. In other news, the sun rose in the East today.

9. By georgiebird on Aug 31, 2012 | Reply

re:disappointed
    Don’t worry about me- I’ve seen this before(many times). Once again, as a Cardinal fan in the 60’s and 70’s, I was the most positive Cardinal guy on the planet. There is actually one guy who still asks me if Steve Little ‘ever became a star.’
    Could you list your highlights from last night’s game?
    You have a tough job trying to put on a happy face during the season. It will wear on you as it did on me. Be good, and give me those highlights, you super positive guy.

10. By Darren Urban on Aug 31, 2012 | Reply

georgie —

RE: highlights

It was the final preseason game. The highlight is getting out of there without any major injuries to key players.

And you have told me many times about all your years watching the team, in part because you keep comparing them to 1960s versions. Which begs the question, again, why stay a fan if they make you so miserable?

11. By georgiebird on Aug 31, 2012 | Reply

Great question to me on why I stay a football Cardinals’ fan- really don’t know.
    I got hooked with the teams in the 60s then the division winners in the 70s. The answer lies in why do Cubs’ fans fill up Wrigley everyday when the outcomes are so consistently bad.
    If Warner had won SB XLIII, it might have been brought closure to my fandom and made it easier to move on. Unfortunately, the defense messed up that road.
    In retrospect, I see the same mistakes being made by players and HC as occurred in the 60’s. The one overwhelming stat is that no Cardinal HC has gone on to be HC in the NFL after leaving the Cards except Coryell (who was lured with money to go back to the West Coast) and Bugle (as a favor to AL Davis in Oak). Got to put the finger on the Bidwills for not hiring and keeping a quality HC.