• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Sherman won’t bait Floyd

Posted by Darren Urban on September 7, 2012 – 2:02 pm

When Michael Floyd, ex of Notre Dame, was drafted back in April, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, ex of Stanford, decided to comment on Floyd’s arrival in the division. To be fair, Sherman was answering a question from a fan, but he tweeted “I’m going to wear him out again.” It was a reference to the yearly Stanford-Notre Dame games. When the two teams met in 2010, Floyd had eight catches for 110 yards but Stanford won handily.

The two will get a chance to go up against each other again Sunday.

Floyd said he doesn’t know Sherman at all, other than seeing him on the field. Floyd wasn’t going to be drawn into some verbal battle. “That’s some people’s personality,” Floyd said. “You take a little grain of salt with whatever he says. You play the game out on the field and whoever wins, wins.”

Sherman did apparently trash-talk A.J. Green and even Peyton Manning before his Floyd comment, so it’s not unusual. But Floyd isn’t the kind of person to get caught up in all that. He speaks evenly and thoughtfully with anything asked of him. He doesn’t look or sound like he has any interest in getting emotional, and that includes thinking about his first “real” NFL game Sunday.

“Every time I touch the field, preseason or not, I take it seriously,” Floyd said. “You never know if there is a new person out there who has never seen me play, so you always want to give your best effort.

“Sometimes when you lay in bed, you reflect with how you got here. But mostly you live it day-by-day.”

I know the next question is going to be how much Floyd will be involved Sunday. I’ve said it since he was drafted and nothing has changed — I expect him to be fourth in the pecking order behind Fitz, Roberts and Doucet, but I expect him to be in certain packages. I don’t expect him to light it up, but he’ll play a role.

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “Sherman won’t bait Floyd”

1. By johnnybluenose on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

sorry if this is old news but is beanie questionable for sunday and, if so, why? and maybe floyd will have a debut like Q did for us against detroit eight or nine years ago. why not? the seachickens will be out to shut down the run and fitz so roberts, doucet and floyd should get thrown to.

2. By Hawk_Eye on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I expect Richard Sherman to dominate Michael Floyd!

3. By Rio on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Beanie Wells should commit himself to a Hospital and only come out for Game Day, the guy has more leg problems , trade him and used
    William Powell as his replacement i would think you will all find out Powell is an upgrade to Beanie.

Go Cards

4. By AzDesertRat1953 on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Wow, what a class act, not acting like a foolish rookie, as some players in the NFL have done this year and in the past.

He has worked his tail off as far as I have seen and herd. The catch he made against Denver, between two defenders, stops the ball with the left hand, then gets hit while going down, upside down, and somehow pulls the ball to his body as he hits the turf and still won’t let it touch the turf. Wolf said it right, Bring in the Clowns, the circus has come to the AZ Cardinals!

I think Richard Sherman better watch what he says, it could very well come back to bite him in the area he sits on.

GO CARDS!!!

5. By brad oneill on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I love the fact that the guy makes the best catch of the preseason last week and some clown tries to call him out in his first game and he doesnt even give the guy the benefit of acknowledging who he is. I think I might just learn to like this kid!

6. By jt on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Rio,

that is the most ridiculous thing ive heard.

7. By ND123 on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Floyd will shoot up the depth chart very quickly. I was disappointed with how little action he got in preseason, but I think he will have a solid season as long as Skelton can get him the ball.

8. By Derrick Haskan on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

I love the cardinals and my brothers n sisters out there that are hard core fans for the cards we do this together !!!!!!

9. By Eazy E on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Sherman does talk but he is good now. Be ready Floyd if it comes to that.

10. By wallzee420 on Sep 15, 2012 | Reply

Nice INT Sunday,That catch shows his WR skills he used @ Stanford b4 his switch to CB/DB,Can all you Seahawks fans believe #25 does’nt even have his 1st NFL Football card yet? whats’s up with that & i’m a 00 Seahawks hater & the BIGGEST 49′ers FAN any of you’s have ever seen & also a peraonal family friend to the Sherman Family,that boy has MAD SKILLS & you Seahawks fans need to let P. Allen know he’d better pay this kid some MAD Duckets b4 some other team like my 49′ers try to snatch gim away & J. Harbaugh already knows of his MAD SKILLS from their days @ Stanford together….GO49ERS !!!