Skelton indeed inactive

Posted by Darren Urban on September 16, 2012 – 8:29 am

As expected, quarterback John Skelton (ankle) is inactive today, with Kevin Kolb getting the start and rookie Ryan Lindley one heartbeat away, as it were, as the backup. The inactive list doesn’t contain any surprises. Cornerback Greg Toler is active today, with tight end Jim Dray being sat down. The rest of the list is such:

– WR LaRon Byrd

– RB William Powell

– LB Jamaal Westerman

– G Senio Kelemete

– T Pat McQuistan

Tags: , , , ,

34 Responses to “Skelton indeed inactive”

1. By Steve on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Darren, lets shock the world today and beat the Pats!!!!!!!!

2. By Red cards on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Come on kolb I’m not a fan but plz pull it together

3. By Red cards on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Man you kolb guys were right good job on the fumble

4. By johnnybluenose on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

20 to 9, 14 minutes left. c’mon defense, c’mon kevin. keep the pressure on. you can do this.

5. By johnnybluenose on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

why isn’t kolb taking a knee instead of having williams run the ball? this is on whiz. fire him. i don’t care that the patriots missed a gimme field goal. whiz is a joke.

6. By jason marcus on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

WE DID IT TOGETHER , NICE KERRY RHOADS .

7. By AndyStandsUp on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Janikowski part deaux?

Why, why, why would you go for the pitch instead of the kneeldown?

Challenge flags almost bit Whiz in the rear.

8. By philly cards on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Cannot stand whiz.just not smart.

9. By steve drumm on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Darren, they shocked the world today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. By Brett on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

I love it! Now it was not a blow out but man this feels good I like it, almost lost it, but did not. Always stay positive! Great job Cardiac Cards!!!!

11. By stewart badley on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

We have won 8 of the last 9 games and still get no respect……great defense and an ok offense. GO CARDS

12. By samuraicomics on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Great victory and nothing posted about it on the Cardinals website?

This site is quickly becoming an afterthought in my search for Cardinals news, which is really sad since I’ve always followed you since the East Valley Tribune days, Darren.

Not sure who is to blame, but come on, if the Cards really want to connect with their fan base via their official website there should be real time updates on game day….

13. By cardsalltheway on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Ken W. ought to join a group of coaches(Mike Shanahan etc…) and sue the NFL for any future heart attacks that these Refs could cause them. Nice lucky win for the Cards this week. Next!

14. By GW on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

TO all of the fans who said this was a lost should be ashamed for not believing in the cards if this continue get off at the next stop and let the true fans ride with the cards. I wiil say it again A WIN IS A WIN.

15. By Red cards on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

You guys hating on Skelton over Seahawks he did better the Tony romo against them

16. By BIG RED on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Don’t say the defense didn’t win the game. Kolb played ok, but he played like he is what he is, 2nd teamer. Nothing to get excited about. Let’s hope Skelton is ready for the Eagle game.

17. By dan on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Well, I’ve only gambled twice in Vegas, in preseason 2008 I picked the Cardinals to win the Super Bowl, it was only a $100 bet but I could have won 6K. Well, I was in Vegas the passed 2 days and figured my beloved Cardinals would get smoked by the Patriots so I took the Patriots and the 13 points spread…..$200 down the tubes but its all worth it even though I lost…..hehe!

18. By Steve on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Darren, they shocked the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. By Kevin S on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Red Cards, pessimistic much? Cards win the game. Kolb throws for 1 TD, no INT’s. Kolb runs a QB sneak for 5 yards for a TD and another for a key first down. In fact, he’s the 2nd leading rusher today, ahead of even Williams who got 10 carries. If this team averaged 1 TO by their QB per game I’d be reasonably happy, and considering your guy Skelton threw 14 INT’s and fumbled 4 times in 8 games last year, I’m not sure why you are so hard on Kolb because of one fumble.

20. By Red cards on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

kolb did alright but nothing special he’s not standing out him and Skelton Playing good against a good Seahawk D

21. By Kevin S on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Come on guys, I had the same thought about taking a knee at the time just because it’s the Cardinals and they tend to find a way to lose games, but most NFL coaches would run a play there… taking a knee means punting with over 30 seconds to go, and against a Hall of Fame QB that was waking up in the 4th quarter, had driven the team for 2 scores already in the 4th, had several 20+ yard pass plays in the 4th and had over 300 yards, plus you’ve got a kicker who’s already made 2 50+ yarders (and they were both good by a long ways, so a 55+ yarder was not out of the question). Anything to the AZ 40 or closer and there’s a good chance we lose. So if we punt from our 35 and net, say, 40 on the punt, they’re on their 25 and only need 35 yards to be in FG range. Do you really want to just take a knee and punt in that situation? No, you try to get some yards. Now, of course you stress to the ballcarrier that he absolutely can’t fumble, but all you Whiz haters are calling him out on something that at least 80% of NFL coaches would’ve done. Well, maybe they wouldn’t have called for an outside pitch, but not many would have taken a knee.

22. By BIG RED on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Hey Kevin S, the time is now. Your bringing back the past, if so tell us about the past of no. 4. Defense is what won this game. No. 4 played like what he is 2nd string QB.

23. By Kevin S on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Big Red, no matter what Kolb does, you have to put him down and talk up Skelton. When Skelton went 14-28 with no TD’s and an INT against Seattle for a QB rating of 51, were you here posting how he was “nothing special” and “played like a 2nd teamer”? And pointing out the defense won the game… how ironic, after all the months of the Skelton backers throwing the team’s better record in his starts out in post after post, ignoring the fact that it was the improved defense, and not Skelton, that was the primary reason we had a good second half last year.

24. By Kevin S on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Red Cards — once again, not real good with facts. How exactly did Skelton do better against the Seahawks than Romo? Skelton 14-28, 149 yards, 5.3 YPA, 0 TD’s, 1 INT, QBR of 51; Romo 23-40, 251 yards, 6.3 YPA, 1 TD, 1 INT, QBR of 74.1. Which stats are more impressive? (Hint: QBR is a summary of a QB’s overall performance. 51 is generally bad. 74 is a little less than average.) I’m not a Skelton “hater” but some of you try so hard to defend him that you overstate the case.

25. By Brett on Sep 17, 2012 | Reply

You really need to stay off the blog you are a bandwagoneer just like your buddy chuck which I think is you anyways.

26. By Kevin S on Sep 17, 2012 | Reply

OK Big Red, if by the past you are referring to last year, or for that matter anything prior to this year, I’ll stop talking about it if you promise never to bring up anything about how Skelton is supposedly better based on his record as a starter in prior years. I’ll just focus on two numbers for now: So far in 2012, Kolb has a QBR of 95.7, Skelton 51.0.

The fact is that after Kolb came in and led us to a game-winning drive last week, all the Kolb haters had to come on here and point out it was just one drive, etc. And you were right — it was just one drive. And yesterday was just one game. But it was a game in which Kolb performed decently (QBR of 82.6), so let’s quit talking about how he performed like a second teamer while making it sound like Skelton played great against Seattle. I just checked the QB stats on ESPN.com and out of 33 QB’s who have thrown enough passes to qualify among the leading QB’s, Kolb’s 95.7 ranks him 11th and Skelton is dead last.

27. By Red cards on Sep 17, 2012 | Reply

Look you love kolb but he’s just not standing out look at there stats kolb 15/27 140yrds and a fumble Skelton 14/28 149yrds and a int so kolb was bought in to be the franchise QB but he’s not getting it done that’s why he didnt win the starting job whiz is no fool

28. By Red cards on Sep 17, 2012 | Reply

Whatever do your telling me that you REALLY believe kolb as stood out against Skelton this year come on

29. By The everlasting Kolbstopper on Sep 17, 2012 | Reply

you are leaving out 2 TD’s for Kolb in that statline… 1 throwing 1 rushing. Don’t pick and choose your stats red bird.

30. By Kevin S on Sep 17, 2012 | Reply

I don’t love Kolb. I wish we had Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees, or any of a number of other guys. I’m just calling you on your poor defense of Skelton. Romo was worse? If you had 9-12, 102 yards and 1 TD to Skelton’s line, you get Romo’s. How was Romo worse? If Whiz goes back to Skelton that’s fine with me — I understand it’s a tough call, and I don’t think Skelton deserves to lose the starting job over one mediocre game (unless he’s out for several weeks and Kolb starts to really roll). But putting down Kolb in an effort to defend your guy Skelton after what Kolb has done the last two games makes it seem like you are not a true Cardinal fan, but simply an agitator.

31. By Sir60 on Sep 17, 2012 | Reply

Kolbs better – no Skeltons better – no Kolbs better – no Skeltons better.

Who cares? We are winning with both of them. Do you think Whiz cares what you think?

32. By Red cards on Sep 17, 2012 | Reply

Whatever I love the cards and love the way they make me sweat bullets on sunday what I’m saying is we paid kolb to be the stand out QB and he’s not yet so yes I hold him to a higher standard than Skelton why is that do hard to understand when we win I’m so happy but I want better play out of kolb if that makes me a agitator so be it

33. By Red cards on Sep 17, 2012 | Reply

hey Kevin so don’t you think kolb played better last year ?

2. Sep 16, 2012: Arizona Cardinals vs. New England Patriots: Live Score, Video, and Analysis | Arizona Online News Feed