Ryan Williams: “I hit rock bottom”

Posted by Darren Urban on September 19, 2012 – 3:53 pm

After Sunday’s game was over, Ryan Williams shut off his phone. He felt bad enough about the fumble that almost cost the Cardinals a win. He didn’t need to hear from anyone about it, even if it was words of encouragement.

He turned the phone back on Monday morning. Ten minutes later, he got the call that his grandfather – who had been sick – had passed away.

“The best way I can describe it, I hit rock bottom, on and off the field,” Williams told azcardinals.com Wednesday. “It was a tough thing to swallow.

“I sat back and thought, ‘Is this really happening?’ ”

It did happen. The Cardinals got their win, but Williams was sick about his fumble – his second in two games – and then was hammered with the news about his grandfather.

“When I look at what’s going on, the football fumble doesn’t even amount to what me and my family have been going through the past couple of days,” Williams said. “But me personally, I have to deal with it. That’s been the tough part, having to deal with both, because I’m the one that fumbled.

“It’s something that will make me stronger. My grandfather was so proud of what I accomplished, and I’m going to keep working to make him proud.”

Whether the loss of his family member changed Williams’ perspective given the timing, no one will know. Williams is clearly still haunted by the fact he fumbled. He’s been through hard times before in his life, however, and he is counting on being resilient again.

“Man, look, I came back from a (potentially) career-ending injury,” said Williams (pictured below coming off the field following his turnover). “It’s sad to say I’ve been having this fumbling problem, and I haven’t been playing like myself. It’s hard to go out there and play like yourself at times after that injury. I haven’t really been playing fast and instinctively like I want to, because as soon as some contact comes, sometimes the first thing I think about is ‘Is my leg going to be OK?’ I’m not thinking, ‘Play fast,’ it’s ‘When I get hit, I need to lay myself down so my leg isn’t caught up in some crazy mess.’

“It’s been a lot but the past couple of days, they’ve got to be gone and they will be gone. For me to be me, I can’t play like that. This team expects a lot out of me. We’ve got good teams coming up and a lot of plays need to be made and they need to be made out of the backfield. I’m going to get it done. I’m going to get it done.”

Tags:

62 Responses to “Ryan Williams: “I hit rock bottom””

1. By Bobby on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Ryan Williams your the man and we love you in AZ ….shake it off and do what you do! RED BIRDS show em who the real Bird Gang is on Sundaya! Battle of the 2-0s…we got this, GO CARDS!

2. By hummer53 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I think that Ryan just needs that big 40-50 yard run to finally break the ice. After that I believe he will be on his way. It’s coming soon.

3. By T.stone on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I am sorry about his loss of his grandfather. . Here is the thing though. Everyone loses a grandpa, and a grandmother and a father or mother. That is life. He is not focused. These athletes think that their life is above their job and expect everyone to feel sorry for them. If it is then say so and take a month off. Just don’t pretend it is. , Its not, sure we feel bad he lost his grandfather, his job is to run the football. If you need time off, TAKE TIME OFF. Don’t use it as a reason to run better or not to run better. Just DO YOUR JOB. Don’t fumble and quit being a baby. He needs to Grow up and Grow up quick. 53 men are counting on you.
    He is playing not to get hurt. Not the way to play.

4. By MIKE G on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Hey Darren– Hope all is well! The Card’s definitely need to get their running game going and Williams has to be a part of it. He is a young player and has to rebound from his first 2 games and contribute to the team. He must hold onto the ball and gain some confidence. He seems to be pressing– but between him Hyphen and Beanie they must get some positive yardage on the ground to take the heat off our QB’S. This is the week I think we should be able to run the ball–Philly is a pressure the QB first type of defense–we should get some running room this week. Ball security is foremost–I hope our RB’S can come through.At this point it may seem crazy–but Powell seems to have the best mental makeup.
    Darren–Do you think Powell would get some time if our running game continues to struggle!! He has nothing to lose and seems to be playing with no pressure!!!!

5. By AJW3 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Keep one truckin’ Ryan…….It’ll all work itself out and you will be a valuable asset to this team but by golly hold on to the ball.

6. By Darren Urban on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Mike G —

RE: Powell

As I have said before, barring an injury, I don’t expect Powell to be active.

7. By Brian on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

The T in T.stone must stand for troll. Can’t see anything else it could stand for. Your comment is is asinine.

8. By joe holst on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

one more fumble and here comes william powell. defenses are going to be going after him now that word is out he has a case of fumbleitis. hang in there buddy..

9. By Randomguy on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Keeps your head up Ryan, just know that we love our team and you have lots of potential, net week prove you got the pfunk and get some great yrads!

10. By NYCardinals212 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

t.Stone,

You are so spot-on. What a selfish person Ryan Williams is for letting his grief get in the way of football. What a disgusting human being he is for thinking life is more important than a career. Even if only for a moment, he has diverted the fan’s attention away from what is important, a game, and that is unforgivable. Who does he think he is?

You, sir, are enlightened.

11. By dean bower on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

hey Ryan… sory for the loss of your grandfather! that has to be tough.
    and shake it off bro we the fans are with you! you are in your lurning curve it will pass and then look out the sky is the limet. as Cardinals fans we have seen it all good and bad i love the running more then anything you will get this thing… btw i love your pasion!

12. By Dynosoar on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

When I lose a loved one (just lost one of my closest friends last month) I reflect on there life and who they are. Then I take one or two personal traits they have that I want to improve on and try to be a little more like them.

My friend Chad always had time for anyone, no matter what he was doing. If I stopped by, he always had time to visit. As a tribute to him, I’m not letting the “busyness” of life keep me from visiting with and doing things with my friends and have done more with my wife, children, siblings and friends in the last month than the last six.

I’ll write a note to Ryan Williams to this affect later. The loved ones in my life leave a legacy through me, I just have to search for the right legacy. He can do this with his Grandfather. Hopefully someday after I pass from this earth and am greeted by my family and friends, they will apreciate my tribute. If I can, I’ll type a message after I meet them, until then, I still think it’s a way to turn my mourning into something possitive.

13. By AndyStandsUp on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Maybe Williams needs to walk across the field Sunday to ask DeSean Jackson how he was villified for worrying about not being hurt. Now Jackson’s reasoning was for the payday, but Adrian Peterson’s been going full bore with a shorter recovery time. And of course, every injury is different, but the kid is seemingly inherently emotional already; no need for added pressure.

14. By Jason Zumwalt on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Ryan, I hope you read this. Your grandfather will be with you on EVERY down. You don’t need to worry about that knee. He’s got you. Go get ‘em Lil Sweetness. Go. Get. Em.

15. By David H on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Ryan keep on shoving that defense back, you are a great RB and is a great asset to the running game for the Cardinals I want you to go out and play this next game vs the Eagles for your Grandfather I will be in the stands cheering you on and the rest of the Cards. So lets make it 3-0 and I have to say at least your not like Vick throwing 7 picks in his first 2 games you can do it Lets beat those Eagles GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!

16. By Chuck 1 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

t.stone,

That is HARSH AND OVER THE TOP!!! Ryan is “being a baby”??? He “needs to Grow up and Grow up quick”??? WTF are you thinking?

He is obviously not able to “take a month off”.

17. By Evelyna Gray on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I lost my grandfather this past year too. It was very hard but we pulled thru. Be strong n have faith. That fumble was a sign of what news was to come. It happened for a reason. Now is time to regroup, focus, n be confident in your ability. We wish you the best n can’t wait to see you kick some butt.

18. By DontTakeLoses on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Darren: Looks like Ryan has lost his “suddenness”… those 1 and 2 yard runs aren’t just the weak OL. Comments?

19. By Eric Y on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I don’t care if this guy fails in the NFL miserably. I am his fan. I love this guy. He embodies everything that is football. He embodies everything that is Cardinals football. He will not fail.

Guys like Ryan Wiliams inspire average men like myself to focus on my day, get more work than I should have done, and not take everything that I have for granted. It’s guys like this and a team like this that can give people inspiration. He is a Cardinal. I am a Cardinal…

So proud. I hope these guys shake up the league this year.

20. By drummer-1 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

@ T. Stone..

I think you’re the one thats needs to grow up.. He just lost a family member and still trying to do his job.. I bet you call in sick with a headache..

21. By brad oneill on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Ryan WIlliams is in his second game as a pro, he made a mistake, this is part of the process. This guy is going to win games for us, he is going to break runs that shouldn’t be broken, he is going to stretch for a first down no one else would have gotten. He will be a great player, the mistake here was on the coaches shoulders not his. He will get there be patient and give him time.

As for his grandfather passing away, that is a personal thing and his grief is thrust into the spotlight, anyone judging his readiness as a man over a reaction to a person passing in his life is a jerk. You have no right to expect anyone to just tuck it away. It is part of life but its part of his life not yours. This guy was raised right, you can tell by the way he carries himself the lasting tribute to his grandfather is how he handles himself, I am not talking about carrying a ball across a line I am talking about bringing himself back when all could have been lost, i am talking about when he chooses to watch film instead of going clubbing. I am talking about how he is after football is nothing but a memory that is what is important not him doing the job some guy he doesnt know thinks he should do.

22. By mancosman on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Mr. Williams responds just like a real human being. He is humble, hard working, sensitive, wants to achieve and please his teammates, ownership and fans. In summary, he is a quality person. I’m glad he is on our team. I envision he will be a good ambassador in the community as well.

23. By Geode1953 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Sorry for your loss Ryan. It’s Hard but you can get through it. Take the pain and put it to Work, Hard Work, it’s the only way I have found to deal with sorrow from loosing a parent.

Just listen to Coach man, he knows.

One game at a time Ryan, and Philly is the next Hard job. At least the Fans will be the Home crowd and we Love our Cardinals players, go Team!

24. By jakeplummersghost on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Hey T.Stone, would you want someone following you around at a work criticizing you for not being at your best a day after a loved one died?

Didn’t think so.

25. By Sarah on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

THE CATCH !!

Enjoy and may he get more balls thrown his way.

26. By pacardsfan on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

T.Stone…no matter what prof. one may be in, losing a person who has effected their life will, or should, be more important than a football game, fumble,. ect. Although he may need work on holding onto the ball, you should not bash a person on saying that the lost is effecting him. I’m sure if you lost a loved one, your job prof. wouldn’t be the same. People deal with things in different ways. Maybe he will use this pain and grow. Maybe it was just a bad week. Who knows, but just b/c he makes lots of $ and all, doesn’t make him non-human.

27. By L-Boogie on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Keep your Head Up Ryan Willams… the Team Believes in you… and the Fans Believe in you… the Red Sea will Rise up for you…

“C” Red, “B” Red! Go Cardinals…

28. By Eric on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

@T.stone

I don’t think he’s asking anyone to feel sorry him. And your comment about all athletes wanting us to feel sorry for them is ridiculous. That’s complete hybperbole. Their life is put in the spotlight, so many times it comes off that way. Ryan’s an emotional guy and he came off a horrible injury. I would like to see how you react in that same situation this week.

29. By RgRocket on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

When coaches, fans, and especially players talk about the difference between College football and the NFL the typical answer is “the speed of the game”… true, general, but … there are a lot of specific nuances. Ryan Williams obviously was a great college player, worthy to be called NFL caliber talent as is obvious. An NFL caliber/ level player in college is going to have college defenders try to strip the ball and cause fumbles. But the average college defender, even good ones, aren’t going to strip a ball from an NFL level talent like Ryan WIlliams, too quick, too fast, too strong. Ryan now is in the NFL playing against defenders that are strong enough, quick enough, and fast enough to rip and blast balls out of the hands of a great running back. Ryan Williams is just going to have adjust to the way he carries the ball, the split second movements needed to put two hands on the ball when it counts, etc. … Ryan Williams (due to injury) is still basically a rookie and he will learn… he has the attitude of a winner, and with winners sometimes hard experiences, even failures, are the best motivation and teach the best lessons that blaze the path to the next level… go Ryan !!

30. By MattAz on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

@t stone – I must say you’re an embarrassment to Cards fans. You might just go ‘do your job’ after the death of a family member, but the rest of us are human beings. And the guy was upset with himself, which indicates he’s taking ‘doing his job’ seriously. I also don’t get where he’s feeling sorry for himself in the article. Maybe next time he fumbles you can send him death threats on Twitter. Its a freakin’ GAME, DB.

31. By Noel on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

T-stone you must be one of them bandwagon fans. Im sorry Sir your words dont just fly by my brain. This team is a Family that cares about each and every player even if its a 3rd string running back. Go take out your anger on something else you teabag

32. By Bo on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Ryan, if you read this blog, I hope you see this post. You have one of the toughest minds of anyone I’ve ever known (or known of, in this case). You came back from a potential career ending injury, and you did it ahead of schedule. You then showed in the preseason this year that you still have the explosiveness that was the reason the Cardinals drafted you. I believe you will be a special player for us. That being said, I agree that you need to take the time for yourself to deal with this loss, and not beat yourself up over the fumble either. If you feel you hit rock bottom, realize that we all have bad days. You had 1 bad day last year when your injury happened, and you had 1 bad day last Sunday. However, you had 364 great days as you showed your will to fight, recovered from your injury and came back better than ever. On top of that, you showed that you have a head on your shoulders by being self aware of your problem. You realized that you’re not playing fast, and that you’re basically bracing yourself for impact. I’m no doctor, but I don’t think that you would be cleared for play if they thought there was any chance of re-injury. I’m sure you probably played football since you were a kid, and haven’t had anything like this happen to you in all these years. Most players play the game without going through a potential career ending injury, so the chances of it happening twice to you are practically one in a million. I’m not saying this because I want you to take unwarranted risks just so the team I support can win. However, you know that the NFL is a business, and that when players don’t perform, the fans will turn on them, followed by the coaches and management. You probably saw your entire career flash before your eyes when you were diagnosed. After all your hard work, you don’t want to lose that career anyway by not giving it your all. When players come back from these types of injuries, it’s always talked about how 90% of it is mental, as players wonder if their injured (fill in the blank) can handle playing at full speed. Remember that the trainers limit you while it heals so that you don’t inflict further damage. This effectively builds the mindset and habit that your body isn’t capable of what it used to be, when that’s not the case. You had faith that you would be able to heal from this injury and play again – now have faith that you have already healed!

33. By Not Cool on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

T. Stone- You’re kind of heartless. And took it out of context. Again.
    Not Cool

34. By Patrice Kaiser on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

You are an amazing young man! I heard one of your teammates on 620 am here in Phoenix speak. I believe it was Doucet and he said that it was really a great thing that happend with the fumble because you would learn from it in a way you woud have that with you throughtout your career! I am a 58 year old woman who just learned to love the game when my daughter became a dancer on the Spirit Squad at ASU back in the Fall of 2009. I fell in love with the game and watch not only NFL but College as well…I would never miss a Card game so good luck this season Mister!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!

35. By bluepitt on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

R.I.P To Williams Grandpa Gods Speed.
    He admited he is puting the injury before the game, I do understand that some people cant get over those kind of things very fast. Williams is one of those people. This tells me one thing, he needs to be worked in the game slow very slow. Time heals all,,, The more time passes he will feel better and better about his knee. But in the mean time we need some one other than him taking half the load or give Wells 3/4 and Williams 1/4. The problem with this fear is almost 100% of fumbles come when a player is going down, If he is worried more about his knee than the choice is clear for now. Im not saying cut him, Im simply saying if your gun wont shoot dont throw it away, take it apart and slowley put it back together and in most cases you will fix or find the problem!

36. By Sean on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Ryan, you have a little set back because NFL football is tuff and you missed an entire year. I think the coaches should have called in a counter anyways because 1. Patriots knew run & 2. The Patriots defense might really bite hard on going left in that situation leaving a big gap right. (psychology of the situation) You’re not the only one that needs to improve. So get over it and stay focused. You can’t change it but you can guard your mind to not wonder. A more productive thought is “what can the coaches teach me to improve my ball control skills on those kinds of run” or “what drills can I excessively do to improve my ball control skills on those kinds of plays”. Its rather simple.

But..

Sorry to hear about your grandfather Ryan. Makes it a very tuff week. Hope that your dedication of this game to him will show why he was so proud of you. That your family will be proud of your tribute. The offensive line is going to step up their run block game this week for you.. that is just how this team rolls.

37. By dan on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

His knee injury was a freak play, its a shame he had the injury and he’s obviously still feeling the effects of the knee as well as the mental fear of getting injured again on the same knee. Its apparent ever since he came back he is not nearly the player he was but it will come back to him depending on how his knee reacts to the pounding of being an NFL RB. I don’t know if he can ever be the back that he was, I think we will know by week 10. He is clearly running scares, just like he says. I’m sure anybody in that situation would feel the same way. I think once he has a full year or 2 under his belt and a few bucks in his account I think he will relax.

38. By cardsalltheway on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Calling William Powell, Mr. William Powell please! He should’ve played in the 1st game. What a waste of talent. Ken W. sure knows how to do it.

39. By Stephen on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Hoping for the best with Ryan. So has Dockett got him walking around the Tempe facility with a ball under his arm this week?

40. By truths4all on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

It is obvious Williams needs some down time to regain confidence in his knee. Cars should give it to him and instead bring Powell in to run with Beanie. As long as Williams is scared of getting re-injured again because his knee is still not 100%, there is no sense stressing him out. Sit him and play Powell as that is why Powell is on the roster. Cards should treat Williams with their long-range plan of care so he can pay off with being really productive later on in the season. Powell is healthy, ready, and available. Williams is not ready mentally, emotionally, and physically. The Cards are paying both running backs, so use Powell and sit Williams so he can get his head back on straight and get some more healing time for his knee which will give him more confidence in it.

41. By jw on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Condolences. Losing someone is hard. That said we need to be giving Beanie Wells the ball more often. A lot more often.

42. By Bob-O on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

T.Stone…. did you forget that NFL Players are human there for a second? Strong people find a way and weak people find excuses. I think he’s been finding a way and to tell you the truth to bear a “weakness” in my oppinion is the start of being a strong leader. It takes a lot trust to be vulnerable and when you admit your weaknesses you and everyone else are now “aware”.Typically you bear these weakness to get better not worse, to advance not retreat. Try rehabbing for a year and see if you don’t think twice about an injury after all the work you put in rehabbing. it’s part of the process and Whiz is being a great coach by giving him the chance to shine. He’s proven he can come back and he’ll prove he can ball in the NFL. Just be patient :o)

43. By Andrew J on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

After retiring from the military a couple years ago, I was surfing when I hit bottom and compressed three cervical vertebrae and pinched my spinal cord. My neck is still stiff with limited rotation and flexion, and my left arm still has some neurological weakness and numbness from the spinal cord damage. After a long tough recovery, I started skiing. My post military dream job was to become a ski patroller. I, and everyone around me, was worried about my neck. It was always in my thoughts, and difficult to let go of and ski without some fear. It takes times.
    Eight months after the accident I was tried out and made it onto a major Colorado ski resorts ski patrol.
    I wish Ryan the best and am sure with some more game experience he will over come this.
    As for the fumbling, he will learn from it. Hightower and Wells both had their early fumbles, and learned from it. So did Adrian Peterson.

44. By Matt on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

A scared running back = a bad running back

45. By Gerald Jones on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Football.players are not robots, they are people, and people are emotional beings.

Football is a physical, mental and emotional game. It takes all three to be successful.

Cut Ryan a little slack. His “fumble” was more of a take-away by the Pats defense. He’s a young man and has learned that he has to protect the football.

If he were a robot, he wouldn’t feel any emotion – therefore he would not be a good football player. He did feel bad, he cares, and he will be a good football player if his knee holds up.

46. By Louisville Card on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Hi Darren,

Great article as always, but sorry for his loss….

I saw where Haggans got a three game suspension. He’s been active both games but hasn’t seen the field. Does he have to be active for his suspension to count? Or can they use his spot for three weeks on someone else while he’s out?

47. By cdj on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

@ T. Stone

wow. if that is really how u view life and you think a career is more important than losing a loved one, then id hate to be part of your family.

48. By Darren Urban on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

DontTake —

RE: “Suddenness”

I think if he is worrying about his knee, that’s going to make it tough to be sudden.

49. By Darren Urban on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Louisville —

RE: Haggans

Suspension means three weeks away from the team. The Niners can fill the spot.

50. By philly cards on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

If you gave me alot of money I’d let somebody follow me around after a bad game and a death.
    But don’t you phase the kid in especially after a year loss to injury on the field.
    I couldn’t get away with that on madden honestly.

51. By Joseph Bloom on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

To TStone. What were you drinking when you made your coment? Williams was not blaming his fumbles on the death of his grandfather. He clearly stated the fumbles are directly related to his injury and that it is still affecting his running ability. The young mad had a devastating knee injury and is still learning how to deal with contact and how it will affect his career if he is re-injured. The death of his grandfather was related in the context that he is dealing with more than just one issue. Give the kid a break.

52. By Buck on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

cardsalltheway – It amazes me how you continually know more that all of the coaching staff.

53. By roland on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

tstone,go away and Ryan we love you man.From die hard 15 yr ticket holder.

54. By louis on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

RYAN don/t worry you grandfather is in a beatiful place and is looking down and wathing you playing football and cheering for you.

55. By DontTakeLoses on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Darren: You should run for office;) “if”.. that’s a well practiced response, use it myself at times… btw, agree.

56. By Will on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

I’m Bears fan, but I love this Zona come up.. I’ve watching yall come for years. AZ needs some OL help, but man who’s talkin’? LOL I definitely like Ryan Williams, was a fan @ VT!! Two fumbles are tough, but if any player with his talent on my team took it like he did, I know he going to get better and do better!! THIS YEAR NOW. This is last comment, but with Highest Priority, “Sorry, for your loss” he watch you go to college, and saw you begin your dream of the NFL!! You know he was proud!! GOD bless

57. By Will on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

@ TStone. Game was on sunday, RIP grandfather on Monday, Athletes don’t owe you cause, they make good money!! Everyone should be decent people thou, and Ryan has been that.. Stay positive, stay moving forward

58. By cardsalltheway on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

Buck,
    “It amazes me how you continually know more that all of the coaching staff.”

I wouldn’t even need my eyes to see, all I’d need is to hear the facts/numbers.

Ryan Williams is where he is today based mostly upon his last year’s preseason and his college year(s) & draft position. Do you call that fair competition? I’m sure he didn’t do much in preseason last year but whatever it was I’d bet it ain’t even close to what William Powell did this year which also puts Beanie Wells to shame.

I’ve got William Powell at 289 all purpose yards with 249 rushing(42 carries) and 40 receiving(3 catches), plus 3 TD’s. After 2 games B. Wells and R. Williams ain’t got that between them both. Let’s see how long it takes them individually, and together?
    Preseason: B. Wells 13 rushes for 47 yards
    Preseason: R. Williams 8 rushes for 40 yards

I understand the slow start for R. Williams but I didn’t expect Ken W. to ignore those that were able to start fast like William Powell nor was I able to say much about B. Wells since he ain’t telling us what is/was wrong with his knee. I can only go by what I see and that ain’t much.

Rushing vs. Patriots
    Wells 14 carries = 44 yards
    K. Kolb 6 carries = 20 yards
    P. Peterson 1 carry = 17 yards
    Williams 10 carries = 13 yards
    L. Stephens-Howling 2 carries = 11 yards

I sure hope K. Kolb isn’t our 2nd leading rusher again this week.

59. By kenny on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

加油~~ 多学习 got that?

60. By UK CARD on Sep 22, 2012 | Reply

Just keep movin Ryan!! Lets get some of then V/Tech type runs in a Card Uniform!!

TStone = TOOL!! Get a life.

we are all Big Red Fans, we need to get behind the team, and players! Through all there up’s and downs!

We’re of to a 2-0 start! If our offence younger guys, Williams, Housler, Floyed, and even Byrd get in the mix, and find a grove who knows what we can do!!

BUT WE DO IT TOGETHER!! GO CARDS!!!

61. By T.Stone on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

No, The T does not stand for troll. Most of you goofs don’t even read the post before your start with you’re yelling and screaming about how bad someone is or how you would hate to be a part of their family. Grow up. I never said any of those things you think I was saying. And I have been a season ticket holder for longer than most of you have been alive.
    Here is the quote from Ray Lewis after the game that Torrey Smith had after losing his brother right before the game today.
    “Before every, before any blessing there’s a storm. And sometimes the storms are so great, but God don’t make mistakes. He Doesn’t, so when we lose somebody, it’s just so, we come together to show more love and just come together because everybody die every day Sal, but the way it happen last night And for that man to be here today, and to fight through it, he needed his teammates. “
    My Point exactly.