Even Kolb’s baby has worked on timing

Posted by Darren Urban on September 27, 2012 – 3:22 pm

We’ve seen the progress Kevin Kolb has made at quarterback, comfortable in the pocket, waiting for things to develop. Apparently his on-the-way-daughter is going through her progressions the right way too.

Kolb, who’s wife is expecting the couple’s third child, headed off to the hospital after practice Thursday. The baby is apparently on its way. It’s not the perfect scenario as Kolb declared it — right after Monday meetings before a Tuesday off day — but it’s close. Even if it means Kolb will miss some time Friday, he should be prepared for the Dolphins Sunday and there shouldn’t be any kind of conflict. Certainly, the official due date of Oct. 4 — next week, the day the Cards play in St. Louis — won’t be in play.

Everyone can breathe a little easier. Kolb had said he hoped he wouldn’t have to make a choice between playing and baby, and it looks like he won’t.

– A quick injury update: FB Anthony Sherman was upgraded to limited Thursday, but the other four players who sat out Wednesday were still sitting Thursday, including DT Darnell Dockett. Defensive backs Michael Adams (hamstring) and S James Sanders (calf) were added to the already lengthy report as limited. Of the six players listed as limited yesterday, the only change was P Dave Zastudil upgraded to full.

For the Dolphins, RB Reggie Bush (knee) was upgraded to limited and Dolphins beat man Ben Volin said he expects Bush to play. Former Cardinals DB Richard Marshall, battling back problems, may have a harder time getting on the field.

Tags: ,

21 Responses to “Even Kolb’s baby has worked on timing”

1. By Kevin S on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to Kolb and his wife.

Finally, Cards w/ a little respect — one of the bigger favorites this week (-5 1/2 at some books, -6 at others). Three straight weeks they’ve made me money. I just wish I had had the cojones to bet on the money line in the Patriots game (at one point it was +700) instead of taking the points.

2. By Ben on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Any word on a name for the baby girl???

AZCard Kolb…

Has a ring to it….

3. By clssylssy on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Hoping more guys will be practicing by the end of the week in time for the game on Sunday. We need Dockett and Sanders or Wilson(unclear if he’s still out) against Miami as well as Collenge amd Heap. Feed those guys some healthy food and keep those hot tubs going! Glad Kevin won’t be thinking about his baby’s arrival…by game time everybody should be home and comfortable.
    Go Cards! Congratulations on the new arrival!

4. By azdesertrat1953 on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

That’s Cool, Congrtats to the Kolb’s.

Well now that’s one less thing he has to think about this Sunday.

Wish I would have had some cash to bet on that Pats game. I heard that over Half of the lose and your out bets, Lost! Over 300 million dollars changed hands,That’s a Lot of unhappy people!

I wonder how many, if anyone, has the Cards to go all the way, what a pay out That would be!

Okay sorry off topic a bit.

WoW wonder what made the NFL suddenly cave and let the RegRefs back to work?
    Oh I bet they were upset about that Seahawks/Cards game, when an Extra timeout jumped into play, but thankfully did not hurt us. Couldn’t be that Int that Greenbay caught in the end zone but was called a TD for the Hawks. Ya Right.

GO CARDS!!!

5. By cdubbbbbbb on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Really hope Kolb can keep his head in the game. I know the birth of a child is a big deal, but so is 4-0…… ;)

6. By David on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Doesn’t the team have a rule about timing reproductive activities so they don’t interfere with football? I mean, Priorities!

7. By Sarah on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Great and congrats ! Let’s not mix business with personal here.

8. By scubasteve12 on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to Kolb. I placed a bet with my brother on the patriot game. If the patriots beat the cards by over 40 points i had to buy him a new hat. If the Cards beat the Patriots by any margin he would buy me a new fitz jersey. I wore that jersey during the phili game : )

9. By wonderingwhy on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Hey Kevin congrats on your baby. Now go get us a W on sunday.

10. By mancosman on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to the Kolb family, I am in hopes that all will be healthy and happy.

All NFL games will be tough, not easy and either team can win. Again, I feel nervous about this game — lots of injuries. I have said this before, I like how the Cards mentor their players and bring them along. I also have liked the “non-starters and non-stars” of the team. There is only 1 ball, and those ‘between” players can make or break a club.

As long as Kevin Kolb can play within himself (play not to lose), and not try to over-due and force play, the Cards will do well. Always interesting.

Good upclose and personal type reporting. Keep up the good work, and keeping us crazed Cards fans informed.

Credit Card.

PS. Isn’t it amazing the coaching staff, is a little better at doing their job, than what many of fans think they should be doing. I really like the job Kiem has been doing.

11. By BIG RED on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Proud of that tough Defense, Go! Cardinals another one bit the dust. Kick some more butt!

12. By rojobird on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Cograts Mr KOLB and family =)

Now get to work and give us and your new born a Christmas and New Years Present with the following (NO Pressure of course =) I have a lot of faith on you :

WK 1 Cards vs Seahawks Cards Won
    WK 2 Cards vs Patriots Cards Won
    WK 3 Cards vs Eagles Cards Won
    WK 4 Cards vs Dolphins Cards win 16- 9
    WK 5 Cards vs Rams Cards win 31-17
    WK 6 Cards vs Bills Cards win 29-28
    WK 7 Cards vs Vikings Cards win 24-13
    WK 8 Cards vs 49ers Cards win 13-9
    WK 9 Cards vs Packers Packers 27-24 (defense at this point probably to tired and beat up so they loose this one)
    WK 10 BYE
    WK 11 Cards vs Falcons Cards win 24-20 (only if we game plan like we did for Vick)
    WK 12 Cards vs Rams Cards win 27-24
    WK 13 Cards vs Jets Cards win 29-27
    WK 14 Cards vs Seahawks Seahawks win 28-21 (tough to beat at home)
    WK 15 Cards vs Lions Cards win 28-27
    WK 16 Cards vs Bears Cards win 19-10
    WK 17 Cards vs 49ers 49ers win 21-17

CARDINALS 13-3 NFC CHAMPS !!!!!

YEah I know it’s to early for predictions but if the Cards dont take their foot off the gas and stay humbled… (and we keep key players healthy) this is very possible…. LOVE MY CARDS !!!!!! LETS DO THIS TOGETHER AS ONE!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK DARREN IS THIS A POSSIBILITY??

13. By D on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to Kevin and his family.

It’s going to be a tall order for this new fullback to pick up the blocking schemes with only a few practices under his belt, Whiz better have someone help Massie this Sunday because C. Wake is a very good pass rusher….

14. By Dynosoar on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

The first is my favorite.

I can warn you, even if an umpire / ref is your friend, don’t quote this to him / her, even my friends lose their sense of humor when puting on the striped shirt. Go figure.

“I’ve never questioned the integrity of an umpire. Their eyesight, yes.” – Leo Durocher

“Let’s face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can’t resist.” – Bob Uecker in Catcher in the Wry (1982)

“The job of arguing with the umpire belongs to the manager, because it won’t hurt the team if he gets thrown out of the game.” – Hall of Fame Manager Earl Weaver

“The umpire must be quick witted. He may not, like the wise old owl of the bench, look over his gold-rimmed eyeglasses, inform the assembled multitude that he will ‘take the matter under advisement,’ and then adjourn the court for a week or two to satisfy himself how he ought to decide. No, indeed. He must be johnny-on-the-spot with a decision hot off the griddle and he must stick to it, right or wrong – or be lost.” – A.G. Spalding

“Umpires have the toughest job in baseball. Ever since the birth of the boos, they have suffered more abuse than a washroom wall.” – Ernie Harwell

“Any time I got those ‘bang-bang’ plays at first base, I called ‘em out. It made the game shorter.” – National League Umpire Tom Gorman

“It isn’t enough for an umpire merely to know what he’s doing. He has to look as though he knows what he’s doing too.” – National League Umpire Larry Goetz

“When I first went into the American League, Johnny Rice told me that the toughest call an umpire has to make is not the half-swing. The toughest call is throwing a guy out of the game after you blew the hell out of the play.” – American League Umpire Bill Kinnamon

Ahhh, well, it wouldn’t be sports if the fans couldn’t complain about the refs.

I’m a fencing coach and fencing is faster than football. When reffing a bout, if I interpret a point a player obviously feels I got wrong, I’ll ask both fencers after the bout what they saw that they / their opponent was doing. It’s made me better, but
    I’m still only popular when I’m coaching or fencing.

I can beat someone 15 to 5 and they’re happier with me than when I ref a bout. Gotta love it.

Replacements, thank you! Regulars, welcome back.

15. By Dynosoar on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Kevin and Whitney,

I love both my little lady’s, good luck on your new little lady arrival and Kevin, I’m ok with you taking a sunday off to be with Whitney and your new little one (not that you need my permision). A game is a once a week event (or twice next week), your daughter’s birth comes once. I’m a fan second, a father first.

Then again, what a story to tell your little lady as she grows up how much her birth inspired you to lead the team to spectacular victory after her birth, breaking all single game touchdown records two games in a row. Yeah, she’d grow up knowing how special ahe is. All little ladys need to know how special they are to their fathers. I’m inspired, I think I’ll get mine ice cream tommorow night.

Looking forward to hearing the good news.

16. By Bernardo on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

I have a few questions/comments that do not pertain to this post.

First of all I want to say thank you or who ever finally change the audio player on the site! So much better!

Second, Where in the world is David Carter and Stewart Bradley? Carter is crash good at exploding off the line,and getting in the back field and i havent seen him on the field and with Braley’s preseason to not get snaps?

Last, is there a clear reason as our run game isnt there? I do not know why. Williams killed it in the 4th quarter but in the first 3 we couldnt run the ball even if there was no D on the field lol. And running like that in the fourth is a bigger deal because they were ready for it.

Thank you for your time.

17. By Darren Urban on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

rojobird —

RE: 13-3

Until they have four losses, 13-3 is possible.

18. By Darren Urban on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Bernardo —

RE: Questions

1) Carter is playing, but Dan Williams is playing really well and the Cards have gone often to essentially two down linemen (Dockett, Campbell) in many nickel situations. Everyone can’t play. As for Bradley, again, who are you sitting to put him on the field?

2) The Cards know they have to run the ball more effectively. We’ll see if that will happen.

19. By Bernardo on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

I agree, and understand. I just think (not that my thoughts really effect what ray horton will do lol) that maybe you can play carter at the end position when they give campbell and dockett breathing time. Holliday is hi in age and eason could fill that nose position. and as for Bradley he could relive Lenon,although reggie walker is playing crazy like when he does play. I think the reason i bring this up is i am weary that our guys lower on the depth charts may not grasp the D when their # is called.

20. By Dynosoar on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Darren, until they have four losses, classic!

Rojobird, i had them at 12-4 before the season, but with NE win, it’s at 13-3. Go Cards and make Fitz’s dreams of a ring (and ours and yours) a reality.

We’ve got the tallent and the belief, that’s 90% of the battle.

21. By dan on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations to the Kolb family.