Different place, but D-Wash remembers Simpson

Posted by Darren Urban on October 19, 2012 – 9:32 am

The Vikings signed wide receiver Jerome Simpson this offseason, and while he is off to a slow start — he was suspended to begin the season and back problems have made his status iffy — he is expected to be active against the Cardinals. Which Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington is hoping for.

Perhaps you remember that Simpson, playing for the Bengals last Christmas Eve, made sure Washington was front-and-center of all the highlight shows when he did a full-on flying somersault over Washington at the end of a catch-and-run to score a touchdown. Simpson landed on his feet, Washington was left grabbing at air, and it was a blow in a terrible first half in Cincinnati.

This isn’t about revenge. Washington knows that Simpson just made a play. But he promised that Simpson wouldn’t escape his grasp again.

“I mentioned it during training camp that I was glad we got a chance to play that guy again,” Washington said. “If he does it, it doesn’t matter — he kind of made me a celebrity in a different way, so I appreciate it Jerome Simpson.

“At the same time,” Washington added with a smile, “if he’s out there, he needs to be on the lookout. Straight up. However I get to him, I’m going to make sure I get to him this time.”

Tags: , ,

16 Responses to “Different place, but D-Wash remembers Simpson”

1. By Kreedos on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

I was thinking about that. Awful posterization of one of my favorite Cards. Redemption should come this weekend for D-Wash!

2. By lg on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

i dont care about revenge we got to get this win.

3. By sarah on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

Good insight above from Allen.

4. By Edjikstra on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

I think you meant “WOULDN’T escape his grasp again”.

5. By Darren Urban on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

Edijikstra –

RE: Word

Yes, I just fixed that.

6. By lg on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

well everybody picked us to lose this game so hopefully we will win this one thats how it done been for years now lol

7. By Mr Robles on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

Darren whats up with the Williams visit anything new?

8. By Darren Urban on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

Mr. Robles –

RE: Williams

Nothing new.

9. By Uk Card on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

Yeah! D. Wash get revenge! Play lights out! And be on the other side of the highlight reel! Lock it down this week D, we are back to under dog status, out comfort zone! Revenge for last years meeting too. Time to turn the tables on the Vikings!! GO CARDS!!!!

10. By Rio on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

Oh Baby, William Powell can’t wait, John don’t miss those tight throws what a special surprise we have for those guys, we win this one.

11. By Andy Kw on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

Hey Darren,
    I heard that Richard Bartel is coming back. Is that true?

12. By Darren Urban on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

Andy Kw –

RE: Bartel

Heard it where?

13. By D on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

My Cards 2013 draft: (assuming they are around 12-17 pick)
    RD 1) J. Jockel OT Texas A&M (dump Brown and Bastita)
    2) L. Jones QB OK (dump Kolb)
    3) S. Taylor Rb Stanford (dump Beanie)
    4) O. Uzzi RG Georgia Tech (dump Synder)
    5) M Goodman DE Clemson (depth)
    6) J Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech (depth)

Injuries and performance are the reason to upgrade with the first 4 rounds. As we can see, SF and Seattle are improving and appear to be solid for a few years, AZ can’t fall behind- so talent and youth need to be added.

14. By john the draft guy on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

ID,

Id be happy as can be if we had that draft, but as the draft comes closer, guys move around. I predict L Jones climbs into the 1st round after combine, Taylor is a load and might climb into the 2nd round. But if everything feel right in a perfect world, yes, that would be a nice draft.

QB is a must and if we cant land the #1 Qb in Geno Smith, The Troy Aikman clone, Landry Jones would be nice. His accurate on time passing combined with our precise pass route running wrs would be a sight to see.

Only issue is Jones is a pocket passer, and this line better be fixed.

15. By Matthew on Oct 20, 2012 | Reply

D, Kolb isn’t the problem at all. I like the way he has been playing recently

16. By clssylssy on Oct 20, 2012 | Reply

Jared Allen is one of my favorite players…wish we had him in a Card’s Uniform…J.Simpson, one of my least favorites. That flip over D Washington should have voided the TD, if all the “player safety” rhetoric is suppose to be on the up-and-up. He could have very easily injured Washington had he not cleared his head but all the media idiots were so in awe…at the very least, that was “celebration”. This is going to be a tough game and will be a good barometer of where we are as far as being ready for the 9ers, who are beatable. Hope the team has had time to study the tape of their losses as well as tape on the Vikes and will go into Minnesota ready to turn a corner and get back on track. Also, hope Fitz doesn’t get too comfortable in Minnesota! GO CARDS! FLY HIGH!