Heap remains inactive

Posted by Darren Urban on October 21, 2012 – 8:38 am

Tight end Todd Heap remains inactive with his bad knee today against the Vikings, on an inactive list that is filled up with injured players.

Only guard Senio Kelemete is a healthy scratch. Sitting out are QB Kevin Kolb (ribs), S Kerry Rhodes (back), CB Greg Toler (hamstring), FB Anthony Sherman (knee), and LB Reggie Walker (concussion). Rashad Johnson is starting in place of Rhodes, while Regan Maui’a is starting in place of Sherman.

The Vikings have all their key players available who were on the injury report, including RB Adrian Peterson, DE Jared Allen and WR Jerome Simpson.

– Also this morning, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported that the Cardinals are expected to work out free agent QB Vince Young this week. If true — and I haven’t heard anything about it — it’s an interesting turn. Young, given his background and recent play, wouldn’t have been a guy I’d think the Cards would consider as an option.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

24 Responses to “Heap remains inactive”

1. By LadyBird04 on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Hope our o-line holds up and we don’t see another qb go down.

2. By Brandon on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Is there any indicators on how much longer Todd Heap is gonna be hurt? I mean in between this season and last season he has hardly played. Would they ever waive him or put him on IR

3. By Darren Urban on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Brandon —

RE: Heap

No. It’s been week to week. I don’t see them cutting him, but I don’t see him back in 2013.

4. By LadyBird04 on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Question-If Heap can’t/isn’t healthy enough to play this year, why not put him on IR and get some other warm body that can play?

5. By Jon on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Darren, any reason why we aren’t picking up Bartel again?

6. By Andy Kw on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Once Kolb comes back, I expect Vince Young to be out of the picture. Out of all Quarterbacks, why him? I know he was great in the past in all but Richard Bartel deserves the backup job more than Vince.

7. By canadian redbird on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Re: Heap

No problem, Housler is an unpgrade on Heap; the guy is able to come up with some huge catches, separating himself with his speed. Even in todays game vs. the Vikes, he’s come up with several key blocks to spring LSH. Were not losing games because Heap isn’t in the line up.

8. By D on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

A V. Young workout means they must feel Kolb could be done for the year and need a Vet backup.

9. By Brett on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Man I hope that the Vince Young rumor is false, that is about the last thing we need right now!

10. By Darren Urban on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Jon —

RE: bartel

They only are going with 2 QBs right now.

11. By AndyStandsUp on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Evidently, Skelton didn’t get the memo he’d be starting today.

12. By dan on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

I feel like canceling my trip to Green Bay.

13. By fred on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

worest play calling I ever seen. Bad Couching we lose ? SOMEONE resposeble

14. By philly cards on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

We waste a lot of money draft picks and roster spots trying to cobble a serviceble tightend out of three guys. That could have been a lineman or two.

15. By Joe on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Very frustrating game……. I have never been a Skelton fan. I dont know why all the love at the beginning of the season for him. Kolb is a much better QB. Skeltons 6-2 record last year was because of our improved defense and special teams. His TD to Interception ratio is horrible as it was last year too.
    His strip / fumble in the redzone… his pick 6 interception…. not seeing open receivers……. cant get 2 yards on 4th and 2…. wow…. just horrible.
    We even had a decent run game to keep the Vikings honest and he still sucked. As usual our defense kept us in it. Only gave up 14 points (the other TD coming from Skeltons pick 6). All we need is an offense that can score 21 points a game and wed be undefeated…. Horrible offense performance…. downright offensive.
    Ok… Im done venting…
    Lets hope Kolb gets healthy fast enough to save our season!!!

16. By lg on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

defense did a good job the QB only had 58 passing yards and two ints and only allow two TDs in the first half we start off the second half with john throwing a int that got returned for a TD and thats the hold game the oline did not do no better this game and the offense looked like shit one td in the first and one td in the fourth something got to give.

17. By Steve on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Heap should retire, his body cant take the pounding anymore.

18. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

I agree about Vince Young, and if true, is a sign of desperation on part of Graves and Whiz. There jobs are slowly slipping away with each loss. Larry is in his prime and if the loosing is going to continue, his talents and the Bidwill’s big $$$ investment is being wasted with each game like today. There’s no way a team can continue to average giving up 7-8 sacks a game without somebody being held responsible.

This is a business and if the loosing continues, I expect big changes in store for next year. Of course, I said the same thing at this time last year, but somehow I feel that another 7-9 finish isn’t going to be viewed as a success this season.

If Whiz does get the boot, I’d like to see Horton given a chance to run the team.

19. By NJAzCardsFan on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

What is wrong with Lindley as a Back-Up?
    Maybe mgmt doesn’t think KK will be back before the end of the year?

Beanie who???

LSH had a great game, I think that was his best NFL game in his career!!!.

KK is definitely a better running QB than Skelton. Skelton’s two INT’s killed the Cards today.

Make room for me on the band wagon with those that think Grimm should go…. The Cards OL is just pathetic. Miller should go also with the poor playing calling. With LSH running as well as he was… why was Skelton throwing a number of times on 3rd and short???
    At least they should have gone to a swing pass to LSH.

Feely should have kicked the on-side kick harder as it didin’t even go 10yds.

That was another pathetic loss that should have been a win for the Cards. This team is much better that there play…….

20. By dan on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

How can we lose to a QB that completes 8 passes and two of those are picks? Same way we lost to a QB who completed 7 passes and lost, and also lost to Fitzpatrick who could hit water from a canoe in the middle of the ocean. Our offense sucks, offensive line is a joke. I’m not even sure if Skelton is really that bad. I don’t think Vince Young would be the answer, we need to stick with Skelton. I’d rather have Garrard riding the bench.

21. By lg on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

i dont care if we bring in vince young i just want to win games

22. By louis on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

when is the front office going to step in and do their job before we lose anymore games? i’m waiting for next year to come this year is over for us.

23. By Rio on Oct 22, 2012 | Reply

Mr. Billwell, knock knock anyone home.

24. By Troy on Oct 22, 2012 | Reply

I wish the Cardinals had more confidence in themselves. I’m so tired of watching them year after year, win a few in a row, then lose a few in a row. I don’t get it. It is so frustrating to have a talented player like Fitzgerald, and he gets only 29 yards this last game. Give me a break. There has to be more fight in them, than what we are getting. I will always be a fan, but it is getting annoying watching them play half ass during the games. They need to get mad at where they are. Vince Young is a joke, but with what we have, it wouldn’t matter who you have as the QB. Our offensive line can’t keep the defenders from hitting our QB’s. If we had a decent offensive line, perhaps we would be able to score, rather than picking up our QB off the ground all the time.