Beanie officially activated, Westerman cut

Posted by Darren Urban on November 21, 2012 – 9:17 am

Since coach Ken Whisenhunt basically announced it Monday, it’s no surprise that running back Beanie Wells was activated to the roster this morning from the injured reserve-able to return list and he is on schedule to play Sunday against the Rams. Will he start? That’s a big question and I am not sure Whisenhunt will be willing to answer before the game. But certainly, a healthy Wells — and he told me yesterday his knee indeed was not right early in the season before he went down with the toe injury, but now it’s good — will help the Cardinals’ struggling offense.

To make room for Wells on the roster, the Cardinals cut linebacker Jamaal Westerman, not a surprise either after he was surpassed on the depth chart by undrafted rookie Zack Nash. That leaves just one “official” backup outside linebacker, although backup ILB Reggie Walker was playing there some in Atlanta and fellow backup ILB Stewart Bradley can do the same.

Tags: , , ,

46 Responses to “Beanie officially activated, Westerman cut”

1. By MIKE G on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Hey Darren–Beanie has to help the Card’s offense. He gives them a badly needed physical presence in the backfield. He should be fresh and I’m expecting some good production from him this week. With Beanie in there the Rams can’t just tee off on the Card’s QB’S. Darren–Is it reasonable to think Beanie can carry the ball 15-20 times this week??? Is that asking too much for his first game back?? —-Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!!

2. By cardsalltheway on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

“Beanie Wells”
    It doesn’t matter!
    RULES: They have changed in favor of the offense and our offense is still the WORST in the NFL. What does that tell YA’LL? To me it says 2008 is irrelevant today in the year 2012. So, do you still think Ken W. is the answer or “In Whiz We Trust”? He simply hasn’t adapted and is an embarrassment or at least should be.

3. By Darren Urban on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Mike G —

RE: Beanie carries

No, I could see him getting 20 carries.

4. By kauaicardsfan on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Hey Darren,

First off I want to Wish you and your Ohana a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I have followed the Cards all my life and on a positive note, I dont think I have seen a better defense from the cards?
    In fact last week vs Atlanta was that the most take aways the Cards ever did in 1 game??
    I know vs Carolina in the Playoffs we had a bunch, just wondering on that stat?
    If our offense can match our “D” we would be back in the Superbowl !!!

To all my Cards family around the world, Happy Thanksgiving! Aloha!

5. By jason marcus on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

From a lonely Cards fan in Malaysia I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow fans, you too Urban, God Bless America, God bless the Arizona Cardinals thank you and the entire organization, playoffs everyone, watch and learn this team is all heart,never give up.

6. By wnycardfan on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Lets hope his come back is as big as they think it could be. He’s been injured since last year (according to him wasn’t 100% at start of season,went out last season hurting too). So NOW he’s at 100%…………….
    BUT, our Oline isn’t that great
    our playcalling stinks (even with him in)
    and if we play from behind, running game don’t mean squat.
    SO, lets hope he can perform early and at 100% and prove that he’s the back they thought he was when they drafted him (a nice Trent Richardson like game would be very nice and welcome indeed).
    Good Luck Cards!!!

7. By sarah on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Great to have Beanie back, not we can have some diversity and it will help Lindley enormously having a size back picking up the blitz ! It is official Lindley is starting vs STL .

8. By jeffgollin on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

This just in – President Obama just pardoned the Cardinal offense…

9. By john the draft guy on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Just a few observations;

ADub’s demotion on nickle packages;
    It is funny how people blast the cards and whiz yet praise Horton. That is a Horton decision. To me, I hate seeing great players beginning to approach the end of their career. It just doesnt feel right.

Card fans blasting Whiz and Miller (OC);
    I agree there have been some questionable calls and moves. But without a QB, it is tough to run an NFL offense. Until this problem is solved, no amount of play calling will fix things.

Kolb, Skelton, Lindley
    Can you count on Kolb? Well, for two years , no. When healthy, is he an average QB? I said before, there are at least 25 starting QBs I would take over him. But I really have to wonder how he got beat out by Skelton. Big John is going to struggle to remain in the league. Lindley is destined to be a backup. If this is not taken care of in the offseason by drafting a QB in the first, we will continue to lose.

Nate Potter-our wild card;
    I am becoming a Potter believer after two games. Talk about baptism by fire, he was thrown in against Abraham and Mathews. He held his own as good as most seasoned vets. Cant wait to see him against the two DEs for the Rams.

Beanie Wells- LSH- Ryan Williams-Powell
    What is interesting is (I dont know this for fact-but believe it is true) LSH likes being a big part of the offense. Will he resign if he is the third back? I’m guessing no. I think if he could get 10-15 touches in the run game and passing game, he would resign now. But until the cards figure out this rotation, I think he will keep his options open.

Personally, I would keep my eyes and ears open in New Orleans. A lot of talented backs and not enough footballs with Sproles, Ivory, Ingram, and Thomas. If we could land, say ingram for a 3rd rounder, it might be time to clean house and go with an Ingram, LSH backfield with Powell as the #3. I think there is no way Ivory gets away from them.

Happy Thanksgiving folks.

10. By DontTakeLoses on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

re Podcast: Liked it. Don’t bristle, but it felt pretty close to bring thrown under the bus (re Kevin Kolb), and clearly we saw Skelton way under the bus… but not by Urb and Wolf, by the staff which Urb and Wolf recognized. Kolb was marching those first 5 games toward a strong career.

We’ll see what Cards do, but after the series of impostors we’ve had (for 4 season is it?) Kolb showed more than any QB during that stretch, imho… just can’t discard that. You guys didn’t say they would, but said they might consider if Lindley performs. Need at least 2 competent QBs in this league… that’s all I’m saying, plus Kolb showed something. Would expect next year Skelton could compete for 3rd spot. Kolb is starter, Lindley the heir apparent… thoughts?

Happy Happy to all.

11. By john the draft guy on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

kauaicardsfan;

I remember the Bears-are-who-we-thought-they-were-game when we had 6 turnovers, and no offensive TDs for the Bears and lost. A fumble/td by leinart, a fumble/td by Edge, and amazingly, we kicked to Devin Hester, who ran it back. We also missed the game winning FG. But the defense was outstanding.

12. By GMAN on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Beanie! I’ll be wearing your away jersey while I watch the game on Direct TV.I hope you do well! I hope we win!

13. By joe67 on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Does Stu Bradley play any except Spec Teams?
    He had a really good pre-season I thought, and then the season started and he disappeared.
    Whose doghouse is he in, Horton or Whiz??

14. By sarah on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

15. By mal on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Did you know that if the 9ers lose in N’awlins this week and then they lose in Seattle, and if Seattle loses in Miami, and the Cards go on another run and win out the season, then Arizona wins our division? (cuz of tie-breakers)

I could see the 9ers losing to the Saints and Seahawks, and I could also see Seattle losing to either Miami or Chicago — and then thats all we would need to win the division if the Cards could just win out.

Of course, the Cards winning these last six games is the HIGHLY unlikely part, but…..with this team, you never know.

It aint over til its over. Gotta start by beating the Rams!

16. By scubasteve12 on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Sarah – just because its on the internet on some lame website doesnt mean its right or true. http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2012/11/21/3674596/benching-skelton-was-good-coaching-and-we-may-just-see-him-again

17. By cardsalltheway on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Sarah,
    Thanks for that link. The writer Shaun M. Church deserves a gold star, he even used the same quote as I did(Ken W. referring to 4 years ago when explaining the loss in Atlanta, Ga).
    Go vote to fire Ken W., as of now it’s…
    59% Yes
    21% No
    19% Not Sure Yet
    Mr. Church did a magnificent job which I’ll outline in part below(there’s much more)…
    ‘Whisenhunt should have considered his point proven, put Skelton back in behind center and walked away with another upset win on the road. Instead, what Cardinals fans got was an ego trip so large it was all anyone could see.
    How bad was the choice to bench Skelton when he did? When it gets the attention of ESPN’s Grantland(click on link to see quote), it has to be bad.
    Putting the team’s record in jeopardy to prove a point that could have been made by a one-drive or even one-quarter benching is not just foolish, it is worthy of the Idiot Hall of Fame.”

18. By kauaicardsfan on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

@ john the draft guy
    Mahalo John, oh well I remember that game, maybe I blanked that out, was too painful to remember the outcome LOL, Happy Thanksgiving !!!
    GO CARDS!!!

19. By Credit Card on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

The Rams and the rest ofthe league will load 8 players in the box, and challenge the Cards to throw. Beanie will have little impact, due to the number of defensive players near the line, and because of our weak O-Line.

I wonder what Grimm is thinking. Potter isn’t as big as what they want, but he has the ability to get to the point of attack. After all these years of coaching, Grimm must be going through an Ah-ha moment — O-line needs to have decent foot speed in order to be successful. And, being at the point of attack is more important than being merely big.

I hope Lindley does well, just remember Card fans 31 other teams by-passed him at least 6 times apiece. Lindley has holes, and is irratic. some other tea, will pick-up Skelton — he is done as a Cardinal.

Players to be traded released, or waived; Skelton, Kolb, Fitzgeral, Batiste, Bradley, Snyder, Heap, Doucet, Holiday, Talley, Gay, College, Dray,McQuisten, Powell and Smith. Easy. 16 players of the 53 man roster are not NFL quality. This is nearly 1/3 of the players. After that, many of the coaches need to hit the road, and of course, senior management.

20. By Scott H on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

This news about Beanie being actiivated does pretty much nothing for me. Why should it? This guy cannot stay healthy. Period. Consequently, his potentilal is limited. And we’re limited enough at this point. ya know what? He just seems at this point like one of the many pages that just need to be turned so we can get on with the story.

This team feels to me like a house in which the air has just turned sour and stale. It is time to open all the windows and air it out, get some fresh air in our lungs again. I’m grateful for the success that was achieved while coach Whiz was here but it appears that the magic left with Kurt Warner and that was three years ago. This regime’s time has passed. It happens. It reaches a point where the message isn’t getting through anymore and the messenger just has to go. It’s time. And the messenger can take his O-line coach with him on the way out.

How friggin sad is it when you actually consider picking up the RAMS defense for your fantasy team because they’re playing the Cardinals this week??? That’s about as bad as it gets but, hey, I may as well as try to get SOMETHING out of this at this point.

21. By georgiebird on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Another year down the tubes. Az Cards’ fans are so much like Cubs’ fans- it’s just a different sport and a different time of the year.
    Being a Az Cards’ fan means that disappointment will trump happiness; that losses will surpass wins; and that the bad will trash the good. But more than anything, Az Cards’ fans are addicts who learn to enjoy a bad habit and no longer have any power to break that habit.
    So to the greatest addicts in the World – Happy Thanksgiving
    (from georgiebird-a Cards addict of 62 years- and it still sucks)

22. By AndyStandsUp on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

I’m thankful the state actually has a NFL team to root for and that while at times hard, remembering those Poopkckers games every Sunday quells that emotion.
    I’m grateful that Coach Whisenhunt has taken the Cardinals to mountains never explored and will always remember that February night in 2009 when Fitz made my whole non-sporting family become AZ Cardinals fans.
    And I’m pleased that with those raised expectations, fans have become more passionate about THEIR team.

Blessed Thanksgiving, Cards fans and Darren and family.

23. By Red cards on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

I hope management can see that its time to clean house and start with whizzy boy

24. By casey on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

hey darren now that lindly is the starter has anybody given him kurt warners phone number so he can fully understand how to play this game if not please have him call him i am sure he would help mentor him or at least give him words of encouragement

25. By frustrated on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

I am going to be so happy when Whiz resigns. I will do a jig.

26. By Red Bird Fan on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

I feel that coach wise n up has given up on the season. I think we need a new coach. He does not have a winning record, and I think he is too much of a player coach rather than a head coach, and when you are like that the players will not perform at their best. I have made up my mind to down grade to the least expensive tickets for the cards. I have been a season ticket holder since they moved to the new air conditioned stadium. But seeing them loose year after year is discouraging. We have a awesome defense and we have a lot, a lot of talent on the offense. The coaches need to get these guys ready and not worry about being their friend. Be their coach and get them ready. I hope the cards win out, but I do not think that “they” believe they can do it. I hope they prove me wrong.

27. By in fitz we trust on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

It’s funny through all this QB shuffling Kevin Kolb has never been named the starter, yet he’s the best QB we have. How ironic.

Thank you defense for keeping our games fun to watch.

28. By Kevin S on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

I stopped reading the cited article when I saw the line at the beginning about how we were regressing despite our supposedly “talent-laden” roster. The defense is still good, and we all know that’s not the problem. When you look at our offense, how many players who have been available during this losing streak would you actually take over an average NFL team’s starter at that position. Certainly not the QB. Not the RB’s we’ve been playing. Probably not a single player on the O-line. Fitz may be the only one. If you only have 1 or 2 guys out of 11 who are above average, and in particular the most important position is significantly below average, how can someone call that a talent-laden roster.

29. By BIG RED on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

This down spin started the moment we let go of Anquan Boldin. Every good team has at least two great receivers, and what did this organization do, let go one of the best to ever play the game. What’s up with this coaching staff, besides tumb sucking.

30. By Kevin S on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

I’m at least looking forward to Beanie being back because I think we’re less likely to get stuffed over and over again on 3rd and short.

Re: the QB situation, some people are saying (and I agree) that there’s no way they should keep Kolb with his current contract. Thing is, if you’re Kolb, why wouldn’t you restructure, if the alternative is being released? Pretty unlikely another team is going to pick you up to be their starter after 3 years of partial seasons due to injuries (and in the 3rd of those years, you couldn’t even beat out Skelton for the job in preseason). So you can be a backup elsewhere, or have a chance to be the starter here (depending on if we pursue another QB, whether through the draft or otherwise). You know the offense now here, so isn’t this your best option? Would any team pay Kolb more than the Cardinals would now (even under a restructured contract)?

31. By Kevin S on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Here’s another possible theory on Skelton (just speculating based on an extremely small sample size) — maybe he has a backup psyche and performs best in that role. Look at his best games last year… Kolb gets turf toe, so Skelton has to start… 20-35 for 222 yards and no turnovers vs. STL, win, followed by 300+ yards and 3 TD’s vs. PHI, win… both games had a QBR over 80. But now he’s settling in as the starter with Kolb still out, and boom — two horrible games (6-19 vs. 3 INT’s vs. SF, 12-23 for only 114 yards and 2 INT’s vs. STL — QBR of 10 and 30 in those 2 games).

Then Kolb returns from injury, wins vs. Dallas, but gets concussed early in the SF game. Skelton steps in mid-game and has his best-ever game as a Cardinal (QBR-wise, at least — 106.5), completing 68% of his passes for nearly 300 yards and 3 TD’s (albeit with 2 INT’s). He follows that up with a respectable 28-46 for 313 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, QBR 79.3, but then, having settled in as the starter again, has two ineffective games after that, completing barely 50% of his passes (23-44 vs CIN, 22-40 vs. SEA), with 4 INT’s in those 2 games.

And then as the named starter this year, he was pretty ineffective in his first game, and hasn’t done much since.

Just a theory — certainly not claiming it’s valid.

32. By sarah on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

ScubaSteve 12 who may also be Kevin S ,

The proof in the end was we lost a critical game and scored 6 more points over three quarters. A game where Atlanta was serving a win to us but we deferred due to our coaches ego and hitting of the panic button up 13-0. He went with the totally unknown for a teaching moment.

I wish Lindley luck on Sunday, now that the season is out of contention for a wildcard i can do something else with my Sunday’s. I regret Kolb’s unfortuante injury as it would have been great to see him play against Minnesota, SF and GB with a shitty line and running game in the last two.

33. By cardsalltheway on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

Here’s to Fitz in Fantasy Land…
    In his “Front Office View” analysis, Michael Lombardi notes, “The Arizona Cardinals have lost six in a row after winning their first four. Until they fix their quarterback issues, they will not win, regardless of how good they are on defense.” READ: FRONT OFFICE VIEW
    Analysis: The Cardinals struggles at quarterback has also led to one of Larry Fitzgerald’s most disappointing performances of his career. He’s now scored 5.20 points or less in two of his last three games.

I feel sorry for Fitz/William Powell/Beanie etc…but especially all of our QB’s and don’t understand why any Cardinal fans would blame any of them? The blame is to be placed elsewhere and it doesn’t matter who/which QB plays on Sunday’s, that QB will not succeed until the head coach(on up and on down the ORG.) problems are solved.

34. By Chuck 1 on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

Red Bird Fan,

You should save even more money by not buying season tickets, but just watch the games on TV.
    The same message goes for other disgruntled fans who are season ticket holders.
    The only way that Michael Bidwill will get the message and clean house will be if he is hit in the wallet.

35. By alexmannsportskings on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

First off… Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Secondly… Directed at Kevin S. The offense is stocked with talent. When we find ways to utilize LSH speed look at what he’s done for us? Larry Fitz is a surefire talented player. Roberts has looked good all season long, Beanie Wells looked great last season and is talented if he can holster the injury bug. The O-Line… Sendlein is a special player, Massie and Potter if they continue their improvements can be superbly talented players. Michael Floyd could be special too.

And Finally… Darren… There have been rumors that Tim Hightower worked out for us last week. Now I know that it’s common for played to work out for teams, do you think people are just over analyzing this because he’s a former Cardinal?

36. By shannon robinson on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

When John Skelton missed the pass to Fitz, a decision was made that he couldn’t be trusted to complete our offense. There is not much greater frustration than to watch your game plan work and then the QB throws the ball into the stands. What we know about Lindley is he has a real quick release, a rocket arm, and he throws to the open receiver. Ryan is also a rookie. Don’t underestimate Beanie Wells and this new offensive line. St. Louis will be hard to beat. My goal for the game is to see the offense work as designed. That requires the QB to see the open receiver as he’s breaking into space and deliver an accurate pass he can catch in stride. The line will open holes now for Beanie. After we see the team execute our offense as it is programmed then we can decide what kind of a team we have.

37. By cardsalltheway on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

Cardinals Underground: Getting shorter and shorter by the week aye? And I quote…
    “Not just because of the missed TD throw to Fitz in the end zone”

Are you sure about that? Well then it must’ve been because…
    “J. Skelton played so well against the GB Packers” or “As good as he’s ever played statistically” as YOU said the week before – not exact quotes but a summarization as I remember.

If not, then it must’ve been due to the quickly made decision as many others have said…out of ”Desparation” or “Stubbornness” or an “Idiotic Hall of Fame” move.

38. By georgiebird on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

@Kevin S.
    Who on our defense would become a starter on an average NFL team- and we’re not talking about potential; just current ability.
    Acho, Washington, Dockett and maybe Campbell
    The rest of the players are average or below. The defense is not as good as most people think. It will another major blunder for this team to go into the off-season believing the defense is set.
    In the Atlanta game, tipped passes and a lucky fumble recovery masked the fact that Roddy White gained 123 yards on 8 catches while Julio Jones played hurt. Horton’s defense either stops the run and gives up big time passing yardage or defends the pass and gives up big time rushing yardage- never defends both.
    Besides getting exposed in the Packers, 49ers and Vikings games, there have been many lapses by the defense. And then there was the 4-0 Cardinals going to play a Monday night game in St Louis and the inept Rams took the opening kickoff and stuffed the ball down our throat for a TD- this was the defining moment of the season until the Whiz pulled Skelton with a lead.
    But compared to our offense, the defense is better but that’s not saying much.

39. By jason marcus on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

If Lindley dosnt light it up and finish strong, our entire offense needs to go except Fitz trades drafts get rid of the lot too many key guys always injured and im not talking a game or 2 were talking two thirds of the season most of the time we have NO offense, All we can hope for is Lindley really is a sleeper pick up, and defiies the odds which means as usual we have to pray, I can’t even believe were saying the guys name at this point ,and wow im still not sure if this is ALL whizz fault it has front office written all over it , cmon we should have made a stronger pick up on qb in the offseason knowing Kolb is injury prone the oline sucks and Skelton is not consistent ,not a good look ahead,I think people just thought Skeletor was gonna have his breakout year but just didn’t happen im sick of having no qb please Bidwells for xmas get us a qb!

40. By D on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving to Darren and all staff.

My new Offseason gameplan option. Everyone should watch what SF will do the rest of the season with their QB’s. If Colin plays well the rest of the season, there is a bonus due to A. Smith this spring, so they can get out of his deal and cut him if Colin takes them deep into the playoffs. Being that next year will be very important for Whiz’s future with the team, he would want a QB like A. Smith who has shown can manage a gameplan. I don’t know if Whiz would want to go into a make or break year with a rookie QB as the starter. I do not think Kolb will be back with his current contract, or if he does restructures, I doubt if Skelton will be here. I could see a A. Smith be good here in this system. If this would happen, then the following draft plan could work:
    Round 1: T. Lewan LT Mich
    Round 2: L. Warford G KY
    Round 3: S. Taylor RB Stanford
    Round 4: J. Bostic ILB FL
    Round 5: M. Hunt DE SMU

Pick up a TE in free agency, let loose T. Heap. I think they will need to resign both Sanders and Johnson at SS because Adub is near the end of his career. I may look to draft a K or Punter in round 6, both of our guys are not young. This scenario would give them Lewan, Brown and Massie as the OT. I doubt if Potter will be on the roster next year if they draft a OT in Round 1. A. Synder was a bad signing, so youth is needed there, also a draft pick on the DLine would eliminate Holliday and or Eason as backups to go along with Carter. Lennon is a free agent and Bradley has been only a special teamer, so one probably won’t be back and youth is needed along side of Washington. I would resign Groves since Obrien will have the injury history following him around. Doubt if Doucet is resigned. Hyphen should get a deal before the end of the season. Coaching changes will be needed on the Offense side of the ball, but not Coach Whiz. Need to keep Horton, which if the Cards finish with a poor record, he probably won’t get too many interviews. Thanks

41. By Peter in Canada on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

Cardsalltheway – I have to agree that the decision to bench Skelton for the whole game in favour of Lindley probably cost us the game. The decision to go with Lindley this week will cost us the season.

Johnthedraftguy – I find your posts are always open minded, critical when deserved but realistic. Your assessment of the QB situation is the most important feature on your post. Your opinion of Kolb is spot on. At his salary, fitness record and performance when fit he must be dropped.I think the treatment of Skelton in Atlanta indicates that he too will be jettisoned. However, I think he should have been put back in last week for a last kick at the can. I think your assessment of Lindley is very generous. I think he will struggle to even reach Skelton’s level.

Scott H – You are right. Almost all the talent is on defence. However, a decent QB would paper over some of the cracks. We went to the SB with Sendelein, Reggie Wells, Levi, Deuce and Gandy. No all-pros there.

42. By Darren Urban on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

alexmann —

RE: Hightower

Not sure what you mean by overanalyzing. People will be curious because he is a former Card. I don’t see anything happening with Beanie coming back.

43. By alexmannsportskings on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

What I meant is that so many Cardinal fans are excited… Sure we haven’t had a lot of running success but so many are saying we need a backer behind Wells. LSH is playing well and can get the job done if Wells can’t play. But thanks for the answer on a day where you shouldn’t be answering any of us!

44. By myviewbyhv on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

Hey Darren,
    This is what I believe the cardinals MUST do in the offseason, I know it’s too early but this things need to be done regardless.
    1. Do whatever it takes to get Jake Long, or at least Ryan Clady. Move Levi Brown to the right side. Nate Potter and Bobbie Massie will develop by learning from them.
    2. Make Ray Horton stay, even if it means that they make him head coach.
    3. Designate a new Offensive coordinator and Offensive line coach
    4. Trade/cut Early Doucet and John Skelton
    5. Draft Chance Warmack and make him replace Snyder in the Offensive Line. Draft a quarterback in the 2nd or 3rd round (depending on value). Draft a Tight End.
    6. Release/Trade Todd Heap

Greetings from Mexico

45. By scubasteve12 on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

Sarah- lol i dont see how Whiz paniced at all. I see he got mad at Skelton missing , yet again , a wide open Fitz for an easy touchdown. People need to lay of whiz for benching skelton. he had a good reason. skelton just wasnt getting it done. with his hall of fame numbers and all. and im being sarcastic.

46. By Scott H on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Peter in Canada –

Yes, it is quite possible that our O-line has been pretty bad for several years but we just didn’t know it while Warner was here because HE was so good, defenses had to respect that and they couldn’t just tee off like they are now. IF that is the case…then I have to ask what has Grimm been doing all this time???