Linebacker Sam Acho is a key part of the Cardinals’ defense and one of the young players the team wants to build around going forward. Not only is he talented, but he is smart, always a benefit on the field.
That’s a benefit off the field as well, and the man gives as much of himself to charity as he does to football. Together with his family — his parents, who came here from Nigeria, are American success stories and have worked hard to give back to their native land — Acho is holding a charity auction Monday night to raise money for his family’s Living Hope Ministries. Acho’s family is going to build a needed hospital in Nigeria, and the money raised at the event at the Ritz-Carlton here in Phoenix will be the base to that fund-raising drive.
Here are some of the auction items/events Acho has collected in order to pick up some needed cash at the first “Hope For Life” event:
– WR Larry Fitzgerald takes your child to school and attends the first class of the day with him or her;
– A 30-minute “shopping experience” with S Adrian Wilson at his store, High Point Shoes, in Scottsdale;
– Baking cupcakes with CB Patrick Peterson;
– A one-on-one basketball game with DE Calais Campbell (all 6-foot-8 of him);
– A movie night with RB Beanie Wells;
– Visiting Acho at practice, and then getting field passes before a game;
– Dancing lessons with LB Quentin Groves;
– Bass guitar lessons/jam session with DL Nick Eason;
– Cooking “experience” with LB Stewart Bradley;
– Golfing with QB Kevin Kolb and P Dave Zastudil;
– A Segway tour of South Mountain with the offensive line;
– Bowling with RB William Powell;
– Your kids playing the video soccer game FIFA with T Ricky Lumpkin and LB Colin Parker;
– Pitching with Diamondbacks reliever J.J. Putz before a game, in addition to four game tickets and the chance to be on the field during batting practice;
– A 30-minute hitting lesson with Minnesota Twins star Justin Morneau at Fischer Sports in Phoenix.
There will be a bunch more silent auction items as well (I think Acho got tired of texting me all the possibilities. It was quite the list.) If you are interested, visit livinghopeministries.us for more information, call 602-710-4281 or e-mail email@example.com. Click here for a brochure about the night.
Tags: charity, Sam Acho
Posted in Blog | 11 Comments »