Adding to the front office

Posted by Darren Urban on February 6, 2013 – 9:35 am

The Cardinals have made a pair of new additions to the front office: Mike Disner as a director of football administration and Debbie Pollom as executive assistant.

Disner had spent the last four years working for the NFL Management Council, and started in the NFL with the New England Patriots, where he was a scouting assistant in 2007 and interned for a pair of summers before that. He will have multiple duties, including salary cap management. The front office has a distinct Patriots flavor now, with Jason Licht as VP of player personnel and football administration coordinator Matt Caracciolo also having come to the Cards from the Patriots.

Pollom spent the last 21 years with the St. Louis Rams, including the last 12 as director of scouting administration. She too worked for the Patriots, although that was back in 1990-91, and spent six seasons working for the Cleveland Browns before that.

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “Adding to the front office”

1. By D on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

It will be interesting what happens next few months regarding how BA grades his offensive line…I saw a stat where last year Luck threw the ball more than any QB over 20 yrds per game, and he was also hit or sacked 83 times….so if BA thinks Brown and Massie can handle the OT spots I could see him try to improve the interior spots……I could see a draft pick of Warmack starting at G and giving Potter a chance at the other G spot…..with Colledge the backup later in the year…

2. By donttakelosses on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

I continue to be impressed with li’l Bidwill and the front office and coaching changes. Who knew he had it in him. Of course, proof is in pudding, but optimism is warranted.

3. By erik on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

WARMACK!!!!

4. By Mr Robles on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

Darren by when do you think will start seeing roster move’s? Are trades open now?

5. By Darren Urban on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

Mr. Robles –

RE: Trades/roster moves

I don’t think there is a huge hurry, other than the Kolb situation that must be resolved before FA starts. Trades can’t happen until the start of the new league year/FA (March 12.)

6. By Sackman on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

Darren, I too am impressed with li’l Bidwill, he truely is trying to make this a winning team. He has made some gutsy calls lately with the firing of all the coaches. I think he has the taste of going to the Super Bowl and wants to do everything in his power to get back. I also believe he is changing the image of the way people would talk of the way the Bidwill’s are cheap and how they do business. What’s your take on this? I’m a believer!!!

7. By ored on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

leave potter at lft.tackle,brown at rt.tackle,massie at either guard spot,sign f.a.guard for the other side or draft warmack or cooper,keep developing the washington kid,colledge and snyder as depth since the cap hit is prohibitive and maybe see if snyder can do better at center.

8. By Credit Card on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

If I were the commissioner I would want all teams to finish with records between 10-6 and 6-10. I would like all games decided by fewer than 7-points and in the final seconds of each game. Having such parity would boost interest in all markets, in turn producing revenue that even the Federal Reserve would be jeolous. So, being thumped by Seattle 58-0 — I’m sure the commissioner’s office has called Bidwill to produce a better product.

Even though through a congressional loop-hole the Not-for-Profit (non-profit status) NFL, has one true objective — return on investment. Don’t kid yourself, Bidwill might want a competitive team, but the league itself wants it more.

9. By joe67 on Feb 7, 2013 | Reply

Starts at the top. Then good internal staff and structure. Then good coaches, scouts and good football people in general. Then comes the good players. Assuming all the new people are good people, we sure seem to be doing it right.
    Good job Michael so far!!
    Good luck!!

10. By William Barry on Feb 17, 2013 | Reply

Michael Bidwill certainly is getting it right with our HC and assistant coaches, and making Steve our GM. I really like the flavor of our “Patriot” front office. Licht makes it even better.